September 21, 2014 | 1735 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Hair Cleansing Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2005 3:13:00 PM More reviews by sophrn

I like Redken products, but this was a huge disappointment. I experimented with clarifying shampoos a few months ago, and this stuff is very, very harsh and drying, and it made my otherwise normal hair look brittle. I think it would be very damaging to color-treated hair, since it was for my normal hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2005 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

An amazing clarifying shampoo that gets the "gunk" off my hair, but is not drying in the least to my hair. Im left with happy, bouncy shiney hair. My only complaint is I wish the bottles were bigger, as I go through a lot of shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2005 12:57:00 AM More reviews by maryb74

This is my favorite clarifying shampoo, it's not too drying for my hair, and has a great scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2005 6:44:00 PM More reviews by rocketqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very good, makes hair soft and shiny. So nice to get rid of all the 'cones with this. And it is slightly drying, but hey - it is after all a deep cleansing schampoo. Will repurchase, but since I alternate with my other schampoos and don't use this very often, it will probably last for two years or so. ;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2005 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This works pretty good and smells great.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2004 6:02:00 AM More reviews by eminere

An excellent clarifying shampoo that delivers as promised. Uses sodium lauryl sulphate, which is potentially drying and irritating, so do not use too often.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2004 1:33:00 AM More reviews by NurseKristen

I've been using this about once a month- usually before I get my highlights- and it does clean my hair REALLY well. Hair feels stripped of all the gunky crap that builds up with using VERY heavy conditoners every day. Smells nice and lathers great. My hair is VERY dry and I didn't find this to be TOO over-drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2004 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Rhiannan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gurls if you need a good clarifying shampoo - don't be reaching for Pantene or Neutrogena.Have you read the ingredients - Detergent? Hello! I decided to buy some recently to use once a week, alternately with the Biolage line by Matrix, to get rid of build up. The fragrance smells wonderful, & it lathers really well.Really makes your hair squeeky clean when you rinse it out. I used it with Redken's Heavy Cream All Soft conditioner & it was no problem to comb through when wet.Brilliant!! Don't use it too often or it will be too drying.A great clarifying shampoo for those times you need to remove hair product build up & restore the shine.
TWO THUMBS UP!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2004 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Merina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

No complaints here! I've only used it once but don't plan on using it often. Just once a week if that to get rid of the build up in my hair. The cost is $8.50 for a nice sized bottle. I bought mine at Trade Secret in the mall.

This is how redken's website describes this product--->"Hair Cleansing Cream Shampoo clarifies and works to remove copper, iron, hard water minerals and styling product build-up on all hair types. Formulated with fruit acids to add shine, it purifies and refreshes hair."

After using it, I noticed that my hair was "squeeky clean". It didn't literally squeek, but you know what I mean. I'm very pleased with this product as I wanted something that wasn't going to strip my hair color. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2004 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Girlythings

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought this clarifying shampoo in early January and the girl told me to use it about once every 3 weeks-or sooner if you feel a heavy build up coming on. Been doing that and I LOVE it. It really prepares your hair for the conditioning! Great shampoo but it WILL dry up your hair if you use it too frequently!*****update**** I still LOVE this!! I especially like the results i get when i deep treat my hair...it feels like it can really penetrate it and it leaves it real smooth (after i blow dry it of course!)