Redken Hair Cleansing Cream

4.5

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Fragrance, Pentasodium Pentetate, Limonene, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Stearic Acid, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Amino Methyl Propanol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citrus Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract

on 3/28/2008 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

At first I kinda liked it, but it has now proven to be way too harsh for my hair and sensitive scalp. One look at the ingredient list reveals that it contains a harsh detergent Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (second ingredient on the list) and Sodium Chloride AKA salt (fifth). Iíve stopped using it, since it dries my scalp and makes it very itchy every time I use it, which is about twice a month.

While this is the first clarifier that I have tried, I do think it worked well. It lathered up really nicely and had a nice mild grapefruit smell that doesn't linger in your hair that much. I think this works best when you use it before your normal shampoo and conditioner as, for me anyway, straight after I use it in the shower my hair is very dry and tangled and needs a lot of moisture replacement. While my hair dries, it is still a bit rough but when it is completely air dried it is softer and silkier than it has been for a long time. It does make my hair a bit more light than I would like, but it isn't too fly-away and there is no frizz so I am pretty much happy.

I would buy this again as I am pleased with the results but as it is my first clarifier I might try another first.

on 1/13/2008 7:43:00 PM

I bought this at Ulta after my stylist highly recommended it to me. I use the Redken Align 12 and I noticed that my hair seemed to have some build up. I asked my stylist because I do have colored treated hair and she recommended I try Redken Hair Cleansing Cream. I really like how it left my hair super clean and it did not strip my hair color. She recommended I use it about once a month. It's rather expensive but considering I only use it about once a month the price is worth it. I love the smell too. I find using this shampoo before a color service to remove build-up makes the color adhere to my hair better too. I highly recommend this stuff!

I swim all summer. This product I put in my hair as soon as I hit the shower and leave it in until I have washing the rest of me. It strips the hair of the chemicals and has a fresh scent. I notice the condition of my hair worsen as does my stylist when I don't use the product after swimming.

on 12/18/2007 3:29:00 PM

Clarifying shampoos tend to leave my hair dry. I have very fine, naturally wavy hair so I need something moisturizing or no matter how much product I use it is frizzy. This is it! It lathers up very nicely, which is something lacking in many other clarifying shampoos and smells great. My hair is squeaky clean afterwards and always looks like it has had a lift, and best of all, no frizz.My hairdresser recommended I use this once every week or so to remove product buildup and really clean it well. I did try some drugstore brands in between but this is the only thing that leaves my hair soft,and the extra expense isn't so bad, especially if you only use it once a week or so. I follow with my normal conditioner and sometimes a deep conditioner to give a spa-like treatment.

on 12/13/2007 4:07:00 AM

My hair started to feel a bit sticky for some weird reason...I guess there was build up or something and my stylist recommended this product to me. I use it alternating with my regular redken shampoo and after using half the bottle, my hair isn't sticky anymore :)

on 11/20/2007 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love the way this smells...fresh and citrusy! I use the All Soft line daily, but use this shampoo once a week along with the All Soft Heavy Cream. Great clarifying shampoo.

on 11/12/2007 10:24:00 AM

I know the board fav. is Kenra, but Ulta was out of it this weekend. The salon manager recomended this, so I hesitantly tried it. (I love Kenra!) But low and behold, it is great! It smells like grapefruit, like Kenra, but it is creamy. My hair is super shiny and super soft! I think I have found a new HG clarifying 'poo :):)

on 9/19/2007 9:25:00 AM

I loved this. I normally find clarifying shampoos to be incredibly drying and stripping. However this shampoo has a nice creamy consistency and lathered really well. It left my hair soft and clean feeling and it seemed that my other shampoos/conditioners worked even better after using it. I found this on sale at my salon so it was under $10. This is my new HG clarifying shampoo.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just bought this shampoo based on reviews, and I love it. I have color treated hair, and it didn't fade my color at all. Plus, it made it squeaky clean and full of body. A great once a week clarifier.