April 16, 2014 | 1815 users online

Conditioner - Matrix - Biolage - Conditioning Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by boomygrrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As far as rinse out conditioners go, it's actually pretty average to me. It's not bad, but it isn't that great either. So why the four lippies? Well, it actually makes a great leave-in conditioner. Most rinse-outs don't work well as leave-ins for me...but this one does...go figure. So, I'll continue to use it as a leave-in.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by ttripleblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! I have bra strap length curly, bleached platinum blonde hair and I use this as a daily conditioner paired with conditioner washing... (no shampoo, EVER!)

This isn't helpful as a reconstructor since there's no protein, I've used this in conjunction with another deep conditioner after the classic Aphogee treatment and it really moisturizes!

I understand it's a little pricey, but worth every penny. Try the generic Sally's version. It's 16 oz for about 6 dollars! or 2/10 if you find it on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by CattySpice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

There is nothing like Biolage. I keep coming back to this product for conditioning treatments because this is the only conditioner that makes my hair feeling and looking healthier than before. I see the difference in the ends, it's hydrated, and my hair texture is completely transformed to a softer, shinier, and healthier look. I don't think any other brands would have provided this much recovery for my daily-styled-hair than Biolage. I've tried almost everything and this is the only one that committs to transforming the best and the healthiest out of my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by kellbelle85

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG status. Not too heavy, not too light, detangles beautifully. I keep a jar in my tub and a tube in my travel bag. A little dab works wonders on my fine, straight hair. I get bored and try other stuff, but always come back to this. I've even shaved legs with it. A classic.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by moonchopin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awful stuff. I have fine but thick frizzy/wavy hair. I dye my hair so it is damaged. This felt awful and felt like grease. Did not moisturize and afterwards just left my har superdry and knotted.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by hvanderm

This product saved my hair. A couple of months ago I moved to a very dry area with extremely hard water. Before long, with my usually trusty Pantene Pro-V, my hair was so damaged and tangled, it felt like one huge dreadlock, and I was actually counting the inches I would have to cut off because of damage and dryness. My mom suggested Biolage, her tried and true favorite and it totally transformed my hair. And thank god she did, too because I have been trying to grow my hair out. My hair has never been silkier, shinier or healthier. I use this in conjunction with the hydrating Biolage shampoo. A bit expensive, but it lasts long because you don't need to use much.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2009 4:51:00 AM More reviews by cougchick

i have thick, coarse hair and the only products i'd ever used before were non-salon brand products like herbal essences, panteen, etc.
after doing a marketing campaign for work on salon shampoos and conditioners and doing research on all of it i decided i'd give this whole more expensive salon shampoos/conditioners thing a try.
i was a bit worried about this biolage conditioner at first because it wasn't like conditioner i was used to using... this stuff was "balm" - very thick, almost like a mask for your hair. at first i'll admit, i didn't like it and didn't think i saw that much of a difference.
but after trying out other salon brands like redkin all soft, i've found that i've seen the most difference in my hair with the biolage. my hair is not nearly as frizzy and dry when i blow dry it after a shower anymore. it's softer and silkier and much easier to style and manage after a shower.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2009 2:54:00 AM More reviews by the_hybrid

I bought this product based on the reviews, and while I like the smell of it I wouldn't repurchase. I have dry hair of medium thickness and this conditioner does not make my hair feel any silkier or softer after air-drying. Actually, the best conditioning I have had is from coating my hair in hot olive oil for about an hour or so before shampooing it out and then following up with any conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit 8/18/13 : the reformulation of this is decent. It softens and hydrates but doesnt do much else. It leaves some areas fuzzy. Probably best used in higher dew points because of the aloe. Will keep on hand but I have found better treatments ** I love the way this smells. It also moisturizes very well, but leaves my hair a little fuzzy, which is why I gave it a four. My hair feels super soft though. It makes detangling very easy. I even buy the generic version from Sally's when money is a bit tight. I bought the tube since it makes it easier to use in the shower. I have even had the tub at one time. Worth a shot f you have normal-to-dry hair. Edit: gave this five lippies. Found out I only need to use just a bit to get good results. One of my HG hair conditioners and deep treatments. It seriously hydrates like nobody's business. I have tried both the name brand and Sally's knockoff and they both work the same. I love the smell still. Update: 1/6/13 Started to use this as a leave in after the hair board raved about it and I will have to say they were right. It isn't too heavy and since it is cone-free, I can use this everyday without worrying about build-up. It leaves my hair soft and controlled with adequate shine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 10:29:00 AM More reviews by island_honey

I love this conditioner. My hair has been looking great ever since I started using this. I have long hair that is very fine and prone to split ends. It makes your hair so shiny and it smells divine. I heat style my hair 2-3x a week so I needed a conditioner to help repair and prevent any damage. I'm on my second tube and will continue to repurchase.