BeneFit Cosmetics Brow-Zing in Dark

on 10/10/2004 3:31:00 PM

Given my dark but sparse Asian brows, it is tough to find brow powder that doesn't make me look like a fierce samurai. My natural hair color is black, but because my brows are sparse, they look deceptively dark gray. Now, the darkest brow-zing is dark brown, so I was having qualms about whether this combination would work. Surprisingly, it doesn't look that bad as a brow builder, though it is a bit too dark when used to fill in the sparse parts. The quality of the brow powder is great, though the wax is useless for me (I wish they made that into a lighter powder for a brow-filler). The included tweezer is nifty, but the brushes could be better; I do not use the angle-tipped brush at all. Overall, it is a nice product, though a little too expensive for what it is. I will try some other brow products, but I wouldn't mind turning to this product if the need arises.

on 8/24/2004 4:03:00 AM

Generally a high quality product, worth the bucks maybe but the darkest shade was too brownish for me (Asian...jet black hair and eyebrows)....I love the wax which is darker and goes on naturally, but the brown powder is not really for me...I look mega weird with balck hair and brown brows trust me.
I've been trying to find a eyebrow wax product that IS black but no luck so far...I just dust my black Chanel eye shadow atop the wax to match..but it's a hassle using another product and brush. Wish they'd do jet black.

on 8/19/2004 6:16:00 PM

I'll start off by saying that i looooove this product! I've always wondered how I can make my brows look like all the celebrities and now I know. I don't have sparse brows but I've always thought they looked kind of dull compared to my hair (black). One Saturday afternoon, I was at the BeneFit counter just poking around when the SA asked if I wanted to try some products so she gave me a mini-makeover. She used the Brow Zing on one of my brows and let me see the difference and I was absolutely stunned at how great it looked...it was darker and more polished but still natural looking. I knew I had to buy it. I use it with the Quo angled liner/brow brush and it's perfect...I don't like the tiny brushes it came with but it and the mini tweezer will come in handy when travelling. I gave it 4 lippies only because it cost me $30 CDN, otherwise it would be 5 lippies. My only consolation about the price is that a little goes a long way (with me, anyways) so it should last me a couple of years.

on 7/25/2004 6:52:00 AM

This is my first eyebrow product. My brows, although dark, need definition, particularly because I wear strong eye make-up so I worry that my brows are being left behind. This is a little compact, which is solidly made and very neat, with two separate pans - one wax, and one powder. You mix the two together, by dabbing the slanted brush into the wax, and then picking up some powder, you then apply it to your brows in short, gentle strokes. It creates very natural looking brows, esp. if you use the other brush to blend it all in.It also comes with a small pair of tweezers which actually don't work very well at all, but they are small, so they can be carried around for splinter emergencies etc. I have black hair so I'm not quite sure whether this Brow-zing is quite dark enough for me, but my friend says I can just about get away with it. Definitely HG! If you wish to use a brow brush with a longer handle, use Ruby & Millie (reviewed on MUA somewhere).

on 6/21/2004 10:15:00 AM

This is the best product i've used on my eyebrows, it's natural and easy to apply. Pencils and other pen stuff dosen't make this as natural as this brush and wax set. The tweezers are really useful too.

on 4/27/2004 1:21:00 PM

I am reviewing the BrowZings Shade 03 (which I believe used to be called "Dark"). I like how this comes in a little compact, but I hate how the tools inside are next to useless. I use the BeneFit angled brush to put this on, and it lasts a long time, and looks very natural -- no plastic eyebrows for me. The wax helps unruly brows stay in place, the pigment fills in the sparse areas. The color is deceiving -- looks like it wouldn't match your skintone/hair color in the compact, but goes on like it is natural. A little bit goes a long way...I had the old BrowZings and it lasted me about a year and half, with regular, everyday use. I have tried other brow waxes and I always go back to this one, despite the price. But hey, if it lasts a long time, it's worth it.

on 4/5/2004 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Overall, this is a great product for filling in/ shaping or defining eyebrows; especially if you have "over plucking syndrome." I've tried pencils, mac brow powder, eye brow stencils...name it and I've probably tried it. That is until one of my friends suggested I try Benefit's Brow Zing...and here I am! This stuff is great! It gives you "au natural" look! It doesn't give you the harsh Groucho look like so many other eye pencil/brow powder have a tendency to do. This stuff is very easy to apply! The cost is a bit pricey, but it's well worth it!

Thankfully, I have rather nice brows to begin with. Fine hairs (that don't get wiry or thick with plucking), lays nicely, nice arch. I do pluck stray hairs, and I use this to help enhance the definition in my brows. It works great. Stays put, easy to wash off, and is great for everyday use. I tried this in Ultra, but found it to be too dark for me. It made my brows look like the beautiful Audrey Hepburn's, but that was a little too "made up" for everyday use. Keep the little brush free of extra brow zing residues, or else it will skip little spots and deposit too much product on other spots when applying. And I have to make sure that my stray hairs are nicely plucked away, or else with this product it makes my brows look sloppy. In conlcusion, this product surely beats the heck outta using eyeliner pencils!

on 3/17/2004 3:34:00 PM

Fantastic product! I can't believe I waited so long to get it. It's so easy to use and gives me a really natural look -- nothing heavy or obvious, just makes my brows look polished and nicely filled in. Based on the tiny amount I use each time, I think it will last forever, so it's well worth the price, and the little compact it comes in is great. A new staple in my makeup bag!

on 3/16/2004 10:38:00 PM

I got this in December, 2003 and love it. As long as you don't cake it on, it gives you a really natural look. I am a bit worried, though, about using a wax product in the summertime. I might need to look for something else....

Popular Brows Products