MAC Matte - Espresso

4.5

on 5/9/2004 4:36:00 PM

A nice blah coffee-colored brown. While not unique to MAC, this shade is definitely a staple in my stash - until I get the Armani counterpart. As with all MAC matte eyeshadows, the texture is better than most. Very versatile, this eyeshadow is useful as a liner, brow powder lid & crease shade.

on 2/21/2004 8:56:00 PM

Nice moderately-dark coffee brown shade. It's a satin, which is IMO MAC's best eyeshadow formula. Smooth and reasonably pigmented. I use it frequently for lining. Yes, it's a basic shade you could get from many lines, but this is a good version of it :)

i use this daily to fill in my eyebrows (with mac brush #266). the perfect shade of coffee brown.

on 12/23/2003 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Great for eyeliner other than blk. Esp. with the 266 brush.

on 12/21/2003 12:49:00 AM

An oldie but a goodie. I used to use Espresso on my brows daily. Went through one pot just using it for my brows. Now I mostly use the replacement as a liner cause I'm going through a taupe brows stage but I'll go back to Espresso brows one day when I get bored with the taupe.

on 10/2/2003 3:26:00 PM

Love Espresso - it's the only color other than black that I would use as eyeliner. Wonderful deep, rich brown.

on 9/26/2003 11:04:00 AM

My HG of eyeshadowsssss. I use it to lengthen my eyebrows...defines them and stays putttt. does not migrate along the sides like other brands i have tried. it is also an amazing colour that fills in brows well with a good mac brush. the angle one works well. so, also it works well to give the edges of almond shaped eyes depth and a sexy kinda smolder but make sure to put on a light wash beforehand and also blend well and dont put too much. it is super pignmented so use sparsely. i barely put a dent in my espresso eshadow and i have had it for more than one year!!! amazing! great stuff - i will buy it until the day i die. (that's a bit extreme but ya get the pt)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Espresso is a rich, matte chocolate brown that is *perfect* for lining ~ Which is wonderful, since lining is the main reason I bought this shade. I've found that matte browns work betteras liners than shimmery. This shadow is so richly pigmented that I don't even have to dampen the brush (266) to get a perfectly defined line. This shadow looks equally amazing in the crease or under a shimmery frost. :)

on 8/23/2003 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Highly pigmented and perfect for a smokey eye. Lovely on my GGG skin and brown eyes, when paired with Honesty!

on 7/18/2003 11:56:00 AM

A rich espresso matte brown this is perfect for a neutral eye paired with shroom, orb. I'm a PPP green eyes and this is one of my favorite browns.