OPI Top Coat

2.7

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Acrylates Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40B, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725

on 2/5/2007 3:25:00 PM

I actually prefer this regular top coat over the Rapidry version. This top coat applies a decent shine and does not take too long to dry. I don't understand how OPI can make great nail polish products but horrible nail treatment products. I get tip wear and chips like crazy with this top coat, and I don't even keep my mani beyond 2-3 days. Since I wear mostly reds and vamps, tip wear and chips are a big no no for me. I have my bottle from an Ulta sale a while ago but will not repurchase. I'll keep trying out other TCs.

I love OPI nail polish, so I'm sad to say that I'm disappointed in this top coat. It's nothing special at all...it makes my nails shiny at first, but after a day or two they look dull again. It doesn't do much to protect against chipping, either. I'll probably use up the bottle since it was so pricey, but I won't buy this again.

on 1/18/2007 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My mom bought this. she asked me if she should and i said well i love opi polishes so why not try it. well I put it on my nails and they chipped the next morning. I am hard on my nails and after i applied and waited for it to completely dry i saw dings in the polish. I have been using Jessica's dazzle glistening topcoat and when i use that one i never see dings or chips and it dries super quick. I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it huh. I doubt i will be using this topcoat again. which is sad cus i really LOVE opi's polishes.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have only used this top coat once but have not had a great experience with it. I used a pink OPI nail color and put this on top of it. I was not impressed. Within two days my nails were already chipping. And within ten minutes of putting this stuff on my nails no longer looked clean and shiny. They looked dull.

on 10/29/2006 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Mine doesn't peel in normal use. Actually, I work with lots of papers (at law firm) so my fingers and nails are very dry. I use OPI Nail Envy (Original is better than dry & brittle) as base coat and use OPI top coat with only OPI nail colors. I use only one top coat (and usually one coat of color). They last until I remove them after a week or more later (with OPI Remover) as my nails keep growing. They NEVER chip or peel unless I use my fingers to remove staples or similar things. I've been using OPI over five years and never go back to other brands including Essie and Sally Hansen Diamond Top Coat. I don't like OPI's pricier brand Nicole though. For $7.50 bottle, I can use over a year. A little goes a long way. Just be sure to buff your nails first before applying any polish and wait over an hour if you wash your hands. Nails should be completely clean of oil or lotion before applying polish. Also, be sure to spend time between coats. These are the secrets of staying power.

on 10/9/2006 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I don't like this at all. I don't know if it looks nice after a long time, because after about 10 minutes it started peeling off. It's thick & globby and adds an extra millimeter or so to your nails because it sticks off to far at the tips, with a globby stringiness. I had to use a nailpolish remover pen to get it to look normal, and that just let to more peeling.

I can't seem to find a good quality top coat from any brand. I've also used Sally Hansen's quick-dry (30 or 60 seconds, not sure which) top coat, but while it dried nicely and looked good a few days, it got cracked and looked bad soon after. If anyone knows a really good one, please let me know! Thanks :) But don't try this OPI stuff.

on 10/6/2006 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Used this with the base coat for natural nails and got chips within the week. Also gets thick after a while. Looking for a new topcoat...

on 9/19/2006 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's funny I came across this site tonight, because I just gave myself a french manicure and I can't find my OPI top coat ANYWHERE. I have been tearing up the house for an hour trying to find it. I finally had to settle for the sally hansen top coat. OPI topcoat is the shiniest clear I have ever seen. And trust me, I have tried on MANY brands in the stores, trying to find one that is comparable to OPI for less money. Also, it holds the color underneath on very well too. I painted my toenails about 3 weeks ago with a cheap nailpolish and covered them with the OPI. And except for the fact that my nails are growing out. The polish still looks like I put it on yesterday. I would HIGHLY recommend this product. It is durable and EXTREMELY SHINY!!!!!!!!!!!

on 9/1/2006 6:21:00 PM

Works great. No bubbles for me (yet) and very shiny. Definitely made my polish last longer.

on 8/28/2006 12:27:00 PM

I bought this at half price, otherwise would have passed it by. A tough, long-lasting protective top coat that is hard and shiny. A must-have for your nail arsenal. What's not to like?

Top Rated OPI Products