September 21, 2014 | 2065 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Top Coat

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2006 6:38:00 AM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Used this with the base coat for natural nails and got chips within the week. Also gets thick after a while. Looking for a new topcoat...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2006 9:45:00 PM More reviews by shar145

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's funny I came across this site tonight, because I just gave myself a french manicure and I can't find my OPI top coat ANYWHERE. I have been tearing up the house for an hour trying to find it. I finally had to settle for the sally hansen top coat. OPI topcoat is the shiniest clear I have ever seen. And trust me, I have tried on MANY brands in the stores, trying to find one that is comparable to OPI for less money. Also, it holds the color underneath on very well too. I painted my toenails about 3 weeks ago with a cheap nailpolish and covered them with the OPI. And except for the fact that my nails are growing out. The polish still looks like I put it on yesterday. I would HIGHLY recommend this product. It is durable and EXTREMELY SHINY!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2006 6:21:00 PM More reviews by happygirl75

Works great. No bubbles for me (yet) and very shiny. Definitely made my polish last longer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2006 12:27:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

I bought this at half price, otherwise would have passed it by. A tough, long-lasting protective top coat that is hard and shiny. A must-have for your nail arsenal. What's not to like?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2006 5:09:00 PM More reviews by nastycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is a good tough top coat- tends to take a long while to dry over nail enamel- even with drip dry. I do notice that it gets goopy at half-bottle, and see the bubbles another reviewer mentioned, so points off for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2006 4:12:00 PM More reviews by MC_Pee_Pants

Basic top coat of the same quality as the rest of the OPI line. Bueno!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2006 1:11:00 PM More reviews by ericaberryy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

All i can say is that my manicure & pedicure last weeks longer because of this top coat! Will definately repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2005 2:25:00 PM More reviews by hotchica104

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff was awesome for the first 10 uses. I still have half of a bottle left, and after using it for about 10 times, it is becoming very thick and gooey and doesn't shine my nail polish very well like it used to. Also, the brush has dried-up top coat residue on it and it doesn't seem to work well now. I can't believe I haven't even used the whole bottle and I'll already have to throw it out. OPI's polishes are great, but some of their supplementary products really disappoint me, especially at their prices! I might try Creative Nail Design's Super Shiney Top Coat because of its good reviews.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2005 2:49:00 PM More reviews by MrsRamsFan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this top coat, gave my pilsh staying power

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2005 6:51:00 PM More reviews by jaclynz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in the Rapid Dry Top Coat ... its okay but isn't very lasting. My polish was chipping within 4-5 days ... Wish it could have lasted longer ... On the search for something that has more lasting power or potential.