OPI Top Coat

2.7

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Acrylates Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40B, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725

grr. my mom bought this for me. so i guess no money loss for me? lol. i use this on everything, but i noticed that it strips away my nail polish sometimes. what the heck? so i took off points for that because i usually have to start over again. bahh humbug.

i'd rather use sally hansen's. :)

This review is for the Designer Series top coat. It doesn't make my nails chip, but when I use it, it "pulls" the polish from my nails so the tips have that faded look to them. It also discolors the brush and eventually the bottle - yuck! I've tried waiting overnight to apply, but I got the same result. Disappointing.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I thought since this was a more expensive brand of polish that it would provide better results- was I wrong! 12 hours after applying this top coat, my polish started chipping off. I definitely won't buy this again!

Good top coat cause it dries super fast but it chips like crazy, in fact realllllllly bad. Not good!!

I absolutely love this top coat. I have Seche Vite for emergencies (well, relatively speaking!) but I don't like to use it because it peels like there's no tomorrow. The OPI (which to be fair isn't a fast-drying like SV) is easy to apply and makes my nails look glossier than the drugstore brand I've tried. It's very protective too. Will buy this again as soon as it runs out.

I'm an art student/musician so my nails get chipped easily and my hands get beaten up a lot. I'm pretty anal on care with my hands for years even quite young.

OPI top coat seems like any ordinary top coat if you generally use OPI/expensive salon polish. However with my budget and taste in colors I own polishes I bought on clearance for 50 cents to $10 nail polishes.

The BIG difference about OPI top coat for me is that it makes ANY nail polish last long without chipping... which is great because I can buy something dirt cheap and know it'll last long as long as I use this as a top coat!

Cons: this is a bit thick so you need to learn how to control it, it can strip minor pigments off some brands, and the shine is good for a few days however the no chipping is good for about 2 weeks.

Even with the price, I'd buy this again just because it makes ALL my other nail polishes last so much longer.

Nothing special about this top coat. It's not shinier or lasts longer than a cheaper version from drugstores.

I have used both Poshe and Seche Vite top coats and although I have only used this OPI one once, I must say that I like it best.

Mainly because it has been 7 days exactly and I do not have any chips. A colleague even asked how I kept my nails so ship free.

I currently have a very bright teal polish on right now and any chips would be super obvious.

Anyway, I thought Poshe was better than Seche Vite because SV peeled a whole lot. My favorite of all is this OPI top coat I got at ULTA by the personnel there's recommendation. It's surely worth a try if you're looking for a top coat that really prevents chips.

It's a clear topcoat. It prevents chips particulary if you reapply during the week. It also gets thick quickly, meaning you cannot even make it 1/4 of the way through the bottle before it changes consistency. It's heavy and drags across your nails, making you fear that you are about to ruin the polish you so carefully applied. You can get topcoats that work much better for less (such as Orly's).

I actually prefer this regular top coat over the Rapidry version. This top coat applies a decent shine and does not take too long to dry. I don't understand how OPI can make great nail polish products but horrible nail treatment products. I get tip wear and chips like crazy with this top coat, and I don't even keep my mani beyond 2-3 days. Since I wear mostly reds and vamps, tip wear and chips are a big no no for me. I have my bottle from an Ulta sale a while ago but will not repurchase. I'll keep trying out other TCs.

Top Rated OPI Products