MAC Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I'm hooked on Mac Blotting Pressed Powder.I'm NC35 I live in Texas and it is very humid here. At the Mac store the girl told me it is the number one selling product, I can see why. It helps with the shine and oil without overdrying my face and I really like that it doesn't add more color it kind of goes on colorless and doesn't make my make-up look cakey. It helps keep make-up stay longer, one of my tips is to put it over your eyelids before your eyeshadow it helps keep my eyeshadow in place and last loonger when I do this. I have and will continue to buy.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This product is good for me in summer. I apply my foundation, give my nose, forehead and chin a light dusting of this, then apply my bronzer. This colour works well for me, i use a very light hand and i can re-apply 2-3 time through the day and night and it never looks cakey.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I ought this when I bought my N5 Studio Fix. The MA told me that this is what you apply throughout the day to prevent shine. So far it has worked well. It does what it is supposed to and gives a matte finish.

I gave it 4 lippies because of the price. But will probably still re-purchase.

It just does its job very well. My skin is VERY oily on the nose and forehead and this powder prevents the shine. Of course it doesn't last all day, but 4-5 hours is already a good performance for me.

Although it isn't supposed to add coverage or colour, I think it does make my skin tone look more even and fresh. I chose medium/dark after trying the colours on with a MUA, although my skin is pretty fair (NW 20-25).

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

does the trick all right.
believe the other reviewers when they say go a bit dark. I am NW20, and med is *almost* too light for me.
absorbs the oil, not cakey, sheer, and doesnt irritate my acne prone combo/oily skin.
makes my skin look very refined and cleans up any shiny areas. I sometimes use this over foundation (with a brush) before powder. TWO POWDERS? you ask? it's so very sheer I can powder over and it sets the foundation w/o looking too powdery and i can still get the lovely powdery finish but this adds a barrier than keeps the finishing powder from adhering too much. niice.

It could be cakey but it controls oil so well. I can see the powder sitting on top of my skin when i first put it on, but after 10 mins or so, it looks a lot more natural. I have medium/dark but it's still fairly light for my fair-medium NW25 skintone.

I love this stuff!! At first I didn't think it could stop the little shine i had on my face, so i just stopped putting it off & bought it. now its my HG every morning. sometimes when i dont want to have that "not wearing make-up look" i just wear this alone, and you can't even tell you are wearing anything, thats how sheer this product is. It looks super light in the container, but its perfect! Love love love this stuff. I'd recommend to anything. It keeps my studio fix in place :)

This stuff is AMAZING! Everytime I run out my face is an oil slick. It goes on without any look of powder being on your face at all and gives a polished look to makeup. Doesn't break my pimple prone skin out, in fact I think it may stop breakouts by keeping the oil at bay. I couldn't live without it! I only get slightly oily on my face every few hours with this stuff! Price is a bit expensive because of markup at $36 AUD tho!

Never used a blot powder before cos my skin it's not really oily. This has worked really well for me during summer and the colour match is perfect but don't know if it would work just as well for girls with really really oily skin...

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

A great simple powder. It's just a little little bit too light for my skin. I thought medium/dark would\ve have been perfect! But it kind of makes me look pale - matte. But it does a great job setting my foundation (but so would any other powder right?). Oil control isn't that lasting but I love the look of the compact. It's very chic. But in the end I think this blot powder is kind of over-rated. I would buy it again. But a cheaper alternative would be Covergirl tru blend powder. The CG powder in medium matches my skin much better. But I just love going in the MAC store and this compact is so cute.

Recommended for Normal Skin