October 31, 2014 | 1514 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by ashes1534

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

this product makes me look ridiculously perfect and pretty i use it in everlasting tan over my already full coverage foundation for that qir brush effect i wet it a tiny bit and apply over my makeup.. however i have totally broken out from it.. everywhere.. i love it but man i have like little tiny bumps all over the place and when i dont use it for even a day or too they calm down or go away i wish i could find a pf doesnt break me out with these effects try it if ur not acne prone its amazing.. i go through it really fast tho it can be expensive b.c i seem to buy one about every month.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2009 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

I really wanted to like this product because of all the great reviews.. but the product broke me out :( I've been trying to find a really good powder foundation and no luck :(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by andshespins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

great finish and lasts well, but too dry for my dry skin. didnt break me out. if i suddenly became oileier skinned i would buy this from sallys again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by summersucks

I've repurchased this. I normally prefer MUFE F&B foundation, but from time to time, especially when I'm feeling like my skin doesn't look great and I have very little time, I use this foundation.

I didn't think powder foundation was for me but loved the idea since it's so quick and easy, and no powder necessary. Studio Fix was just AWFUL on me. I read reviews here and thought it was worth a shot since the price is so good. I'm so glad I bought it! The lightest colour is just barely light enough for me. If you're extremely pale, you may not be able to find a match at all. I find when I use my Target beauty blender ko sponge, dampened, with this, it takes about thirty seconds to get the red areas around my nose, mouth and chin, plus the forehead, and I'm done. It looks pretty darn flawless (at first anyway - lol, I touch my face too much). I haven't noticed it oxidizing on me at all either. I don't usually use it dry as I don't find it gives enough coverage for me that way. (I use the MUFE on 'don't need as much coverage' days). I'm extremely breakout prone and this has never caused me any problems.

Really, this is a great product. Totally worth a shot.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by ClarityRose

Nice, sturdy packaging. It separates the applicator from the product and contains a mirror. I would suggest getting your own applicator, though.

I bought the lightest color, and it's too dark for my skin, and orange tinted. Maybe it will come in handy when I go tanning.

When I use it dry:
The product applies fine, it has light coverage and blends easily. Staying power is moderate, and it doesn't make my face feel dry and masque-y.

When I use it wet:
The coverage is better, but the color becomes muddier. Using water for the wetting doesn't work out too well for me, since it leads to a streaky application and tight skin. It's not a good way to get a natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2009 6:18:00 AM More reviews by bobbob616

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's not bad for a drugstore brand. It matches my skin tone perfectly (NC25, for Palladio I use WD402). I only use it as dry and it leaves my face smooth. Positive point is that it's quite cheap. A negative point about it is that it accentuates my pores and I my pores aren't even noticeable sans makeup! It's great if you're looking for a cheap but quality foundation but I'll stick to my MAC Studio Fix Powder plus Foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by sunshine00004

I love this powder. I only use it in the dry form over my other makeup. I have a naturally oily T-zone and it helps to absorb without making my face all chalkey or cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2009 3:07:00 AM More reviews by periplaneta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

iv only started wearing powder/ foundation recently because i found that wearing sunscreen on my face makes me shine a lot. this is my first ever compact and i loved it didn't last for too long though bec it i used it everyday. packaging wise, i really like that it has a separate compartment fot the sponge although id like it better if they tried to make the compact slimmer bec i carry this around and the packaging is a bit bulky. the powder itsef i have no problems with just add spf and this would be perfect. i tried using another powder after i used this up but it broke me out so now im back to my trustee palladio powder which i think i'll repurchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2009 6:20:00 PM More reviews by mspung

Would i buy this product again? YES.

Well, i originally bought it for 9.99USD at Sally's but found it on clearance at CVS (they were selling all of Long's Drug Store's old stuff) for like 2.50US so of course i bought a ton.

Well I don't regret buying so many one bit. The compact itself comes with less powder than Studio Fix and is slightly bulkier. It comes with a sponge that is comparable to any generic sponge you can buy at the store but i apply mine with a brush so i don't really care.

Anyway, the product itself goes on smooth, has great coverage (medium to full, its buildable). You can apply the product wet or dry, i find dry to be good enough to cover all my yuckiness but tried applying it wet anyway. When applied wet it goes on slightly darker so be careful. The way it looks on your face is SUPER matte but eventually becomes a little more natural. As far as oil control i would say its great...EXCEPT...****since this stuff has hardly any staying power and rubs off on everything if youre not careful*** i can't say that it keeps me oil free all day. I use this foundation as an "on the go," keep it in my purse kind and reserve EM for at home application.

For reference, I'm like a NC 30-35 and tried the cypress beige which was too light (although i think its perfect for winter) and I've found Neroli Bronze/Everlasting Tan to be a good match.
Hope this helps, sorry for the length

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Mrs_Pooky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a reasonably priced substitute for my beloved Shiseido Smoothing powder foundation, which I reserve for special occasions because of the high price. I read the rave reviews for Palladio here and ran out to Sally's to give it a try. I'm not disappointed. The coverage is very good. The shade selection leaves something to be desired, but I found a decent match in the lightest shade for winter and the third lightest for summer. The second lightest shade is way too pink for my fair, yellow-toned complexion. I apply this with my Sonia Kashuk powder brush and achieve a great natural look with light to medium coverage. If I need additional coverage, I use the sponge included in the compact. Once this "sets," it gives a nice, dewy finish without being oily on my combination skin. If I do notice too much shine, I dust with a bit of silica powder. I often still use a bit of concealer on my stubborn red spots, but I typically do that no matter what foundation I use. I find the staying powder of this foundation to be pretty good. Overall I consider this a great find. It's a suitable everyday foundation.