Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

4.1

on 6/11/2010 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

So after all the reviews, i finally decided to try this. I am Asian with very yellow undertones. I am a NC25 in MAC studio fix liquid foundation. I tried the Cypress beige, which was waay too dark and looked pink. I was then recommended Laurel nude by Palladio customer service...that was very light and had pink undertones. It seems like most of the makeup has cool (red/pink) undertones and hardly any for us warm toned (yellow) girls. I returned it back to Sally Beauty Supply.

on 6/6/2010 5:45:00 PM

I bought this because I needed an alternative to my NYC pressed powder and was not fond of it the first time I tried it. It went back into the makeup drawer and i used the Elf HD loose powder instead since it was going over liquid. I found it again in my drawer though and had to give it another shot. I now use it as a foundation and am really impressed by its smoothness. I makes my skin look nice3 and smooth and not like I'm wearing makeup. It also dries out my skin a bit so I use this over heavier lotions now. It's so fast to apply since it doesn't need a lot of blending so this with some concealer under my eyes and mascara and I'm good for work if I;m running late. I'd totally buy it again. Although it does disappear buy mid-day, it does not go patchy and oxidize if I reapply to my t-zone during lunch.

on 4/26/2010 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this in an emergency -- on a shoot some of my palettes dropped and where we were there were no "good" mu stores... so, I found this in a drugstore and thought I could make it work.

I did my best -- but the color selections are piss poor at least if you want a great mu and not a mediocre one. The texture of the product is not bad but not winning any cigars either.

all in all, it is ok.. there are worse products but that doesn't do me any good when I want a superb finish.

on 4/25/2010 7:00:00 PM

My favorite foundation.It keeps my skin from getting too oily and offers buildable sheer to med coverage.I can use it to simply even out my skin tone over red spots or completely cover my face and make it glow.its not shimmery at all, but the finish is so smooth and natural that your skin will look healthy :)
just make sure to blend it out well with a good brush (i use the e.l.f. powder brush) in the direction of peach fuzz to keep it from looking cakey

on 4/14/2010 9:22:00 PM

I have tried almost every powder foundation.Drugstore,high end,mineral makeup and i find this one to be the best im acne prone and almost every other powder even b.m broke me out and this one did not it gives good coverage stays on all day it looks flawless in any light i love it

update-This was severly cakey looking and made me look ashy tried b.m matte and love it

on 4/9/2010 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I purchased this product after my HG makers Lily Lolo re-forumlated their foundation shades, making everything alot more yellow and therefore unsuitable for my cool complexion.

I went on the hunt for a truly pink toned foundation, I was lucky enough to be able to sample the Palladio foundations before I bought a full size.

Texture/Application: This is a very creamy foundation, but with a great matte finish. It looks very natural in daylight and is easy to apply, I use either a mini kabuki or a flat foundation brush, with good results and coverage can be built up and still look natural.

Shades: There is a limited selection of shades.I tested Laurel Nude, Ivory Myrrh and Cypress Beige. Laurel Nude the palest shade available just about fits my skin, Cypress Beige was yellow-y and the Ivory Myrrh too dark.

Packaging: I have used lots of mineral foundations, but they were always loose and this pressed formula is so much easier to use. I haven't tested it with the sponge that comes with the product, but if I do then I'll update.

Price: I paid �11.90 for this from beautynaturals.com, the kind lady from CS also sent me samples first which was really helpful. (They also sell re-fills)
This is about a similar price that I have paid for other mineral foundations before and although this is slightly less product, it is very pigmented so hopefully will last a while.

UPDATE: I very rarely reach for this foundation anymore, mainly because my skin is now a shade paler than when I started buying it, and the lightest shade has a tendency to look a little yellow-y on my skin. Such a shame, because the coverage is fantastic! I would still recommend thought, as long as you are lucky enough to find a shade that fits your skin.

on 3/21/2010 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this in Cypress beige from Sally's after reading that it was a great MAC studio fix powder alternative and I've been using it for several weeks now.
It's been great so far, which makes me happy since warmer weather is coming in my neck of the woods and I hate using liq foundation during the summer.
This product takes away shine, doesn't break me out (MAC blot powder broke me out), and has pretty good coverage. It doesn't last the whole day, but long enough for my needs. I don't use the sponge it comes with and wish the packaging was a lil slimmer, but I just use an eco tools powder brush with it and deal with the size.

on 1/9/2010 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

this product makes me look ridiculously perfect and pretty i use it in everlasting tan over my already full coverage foundation for that qir brush effect i wet it a tiny bit and apply over my makeup.. however i have totally broken out from it.. everywhere.. i love it but man i have like little tiny bumps all over the place and when i dont use it for even a day or too they calm down or go away i wish i could find a pf doesnt break me out with these effects try it if ur not acne prone its amazing.. i go through it really fast tho it can be expensive b.c i seem to buy one about every month.

on 12/23/2009 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to like this product because of all the great reviews.. but the product broke me out :( I've been trying to find a really good powder foundation and no luck :(

on 11/27/2009 5:22:00 PM

great finish and lasts well, but too dry for my dry skin. didnt break me out. if i suddenly became oileier skinned i would buy this from sallys again!