Nina Ricci Nina (New)

Picked up a sample at Macy's today. I was initially attracted to the packaging, an eye-catching bright red apple shaped bottle. It begins as a beautiful floral scent but after a few minutes dries down to a sweet, delicious, caramel/toffee apple scent. Not tart at all...just absolutely delicous! Like others I couldn't stop smelling my wrist. Not too overpowering at all. This is sure to get lots o' compliments.

on 4/6/2007 12:50:00 PM

Great Staying power! I love this scent. It is a great combination of floral, sweetness and a hint of citrus. I do not think it is overly sweet smelling and a scent for all ages.

on 2/7/2007 5:52:00 PM

I'm wary of gourmands although this was an exception. It's a pretty toffee-apple perfume, with just enough smokiness to merit a cross-over to night-time wear. It reminds me a little of Viktor and Rolf's Flowerbomb (the only other gourmand-ish perfume I like.) That said, it's a bit too 'young' for me so if I ever purchase, it'll probably be for a younger relative.

on 12/11/2006 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Lovely fragrance, very sweet but not cloying, fruity and floral. However it isn't me at all, doesn't go well with the kinda person I am at all. This is for a very sweet and innocent young girl. If life has treated you rough and you have lost your innocence this perfume will not go with your character. It would work on most 18-year-olds though IMO.

on 12/3/2006 2:54:00 PM

I LOVE this smell, the smell is as sweet as the package. Lovely and perfect :D

on 9/16/2006 12:27:00 PM

This fragrance is terrible! It's just like a zillion other sweet, sticky, tacky creations which keep on koming on the market each year. The bottle, though, is lovely!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I smelt this yesterday for the first time walking through Myer. I really like it and the bottle is adorable. It is a very fruity floral, the bottle is red shaped like an apple with a silver cap, very pretty. I'd love to buy it but have issues lately with perfume not lasting on my skin, I have dry skin and for some reason I cannot smell fragrance on myself unless it is either very strong or very expensive with excellent staying power. I'm sure I will end up purchasing, it's the nicest new fragrance I've smelt for a while...

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

One word = 'headache'. This is what happened when I tried some of this during my lunch break today.

I was drawn to it by the nice bottle and I'd read in a magazine that it smells like toffee apple and citrus fruit. An interesting combination I thought. I did indeed smell this when I initially sprayed it and was quite hopeful. However, within a matter of minutes, this scent became completely overpowering and sickly sweet. I felt nauseous and throughout the afternoon developed a headache. I actually became that desperate, I went to the toilet and tried to scrub it off!

I don't know if it's my body chemistry, as everyone else seems ok with this fragrance, but it just didn't work on me. I feel sick just thinking about it.

Popular Fragrances