April 17, 2014 | 1757 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by jadegabrielle17

this product works wonders on my skin! it pretty much clears up my acne (ew). It's so gentle on my skin and I love the fact that it has no scent! It's not sticky and doesn't make my skin oily, which is a definite plus. There is alot of product in one bottle and it's price is soo affordable. Overall, great product. (y)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2012 4:24:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product does not get enough credit for being just as good as titled "makeup remover" on removing make up. I use Revlon Colorstay and Superstay both heavy cov. foundations and this takes them both off amazingly well. I have no problems with removing my makeup and cleaning my face with this. Expensive? Yes indeed but well worth it... As I haven't found a face wash this good at taking off my makeup without irritating my acne prone skin. Lasts a good 2 months maybe 3 if you use it very wisely each time lol For me I can be a total slob with it, coming home late from work just want to go to bed but want to wash my face ... I'm standing in my bathroom washing my hands then vigorously pumping this product out slabbing it on my face trying to get the process over with and it still lasts me about a good 2months and half.

EDIT: 11/16/2012
After being diagnosed with "cystic acne" after the bacteria in my body got immuned to Doxycycline, this I was denial of it really irritated my exsisting pimples. This wasn't doing any good for my face and I seriously couldn't be happier switching to Purpose cleanser! If you hated or dislike this Cetaphil Cleanser, or if you have problem skin like me, seriously switch to Purpose cleanser!!! i absolutely love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by emmanelson96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a cleanser that I could use day and night. I've tried many cleansers over the past year or so and they've all been either too drying, didn't work on my acne or I just didn't like how they cleansed my skin. I got this on a whim at Walgreen's and I've never been happier with a cleanser! It has a nice, not to powerful smell and I love the fact that it's gentle enough that I can use it three times daily. I workout after school outside and I hate not taking showers afterwards, and this is really great at removing all the grime.
I use this in conjunction with the All Skin Types Moisturizing Lotion and my skin has never looked better. I think the problem with acne is that people use way to much harsh stuff. I found that these work way better and don't aggravate my skin like cleansers formed for acne do.
Give this a try. There is a big version and a small one. The small one is $8 for 8oz. while the big one is only $10 for 16 oz. It's really a great deal that will last you a long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by littleann818

This used to be my favorite cleanser--very light and gentle until I searched up the chemicals/ingredients and realized that it's not as great as I thought (health-wise): http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/51499/Cetaphil_Daily_Facial_Cleanser_for_Normal_to_Oily_Skin/

I recently switched to Burt's Bees Radiance facial cleanser with royal jelly (more natural ingredients and no harsh chemicals) and it seems to do a great job as a substitute for this product. I would not purchase this product again, given what I know about its ingredients. It is a rather light, gentle, facial cleanser though.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2012 4:06:00 AM More reviews by THEqu33nb

I used to use this back in high school but stopped than recently tried it again.. I was on an acne skin care regimen and For some reason when I washed my face with this.. MY FACE turned RED n it was burning!! I used it 5 times before i returned it..
each time was the same.. maybe it was my acne skin care.. but I switched to the foam consistency instead and that is MUCH MORE GENTLE and does a job well done..

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by vickywang

This makes me break out... ;-(

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by joannef

It does not have any smell.
Watery -gel consistency. Light-Mild cleansing properties. I like how gentle it is but I have really oily skin and this didn't do much for me.
Didn't reduce the oil on my skin. Didn't help with my acne either.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by quotidianlight

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

I tried this when the regular Cetaphil started clogging my pores and breaking me out. This was way too drying causing redness and breakouts due to irritation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This receives usually very good comments. So I bought it. And because it comes in a large bottle, the commitment to use it, is long. I don't like returning products because in the long run, that just causes to raise the prices by the company-I have noticed that with CVS lately, where the cosmetic prices are outrageous because now they have to cover returns.
I wish this worked for me.
It cause breakouts-both versions.
It did not take off my make up
I tried it mixed with a salicylic acid cleanser and that worked to control my acne a bit.
I rather not buy a cleanser where I have to mix two items to get results

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by OPLALS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is just okay. I really don't like the smell. It did work on makeup, which I really want in my nighttime cleanser. I used original formula Cetaphil (back when there was only one) as a teenager and liked that better - it was just really gentle. Anway, if you care about these things note that this gets a moderate hazard rating (6) from the Cosmetics Database.