October 24, 2014 | 1907 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by fabulousSHEL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For about 8 months now I have beeng using the face wash once in the morning and once at night. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and this face wash seems more beneficial to my face compared to all the acne-fighting face washes. Anything with Salicylic Acid in it makes me break out WORSE than before using the face wash. I find face washes with added ingrenients makes my face more oily and I can feel the ingredients sitting on my skin. This doesn't irritate my skin at well. For a bigger bottle, you can purchase this is WalMart for about $9.50 and it lasts me a long time. Sometimes WalMart will carry a value pack and you'll be able to buy two large bottles for around $14. love the pump it comes with.

If you wear make-up like I do, it is very wise to use a good make-up remover before washing your face with this. I use Pond's wipes beforehand if I am removing make-up.

My skin is soft after using this as well. There isn't really a smell to this which is fine by me. No added perfumes or dyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by KathleenM415

Cetaphil's Daily Facial Cleanser is a good face wash if you're looking for a less-expensive alternative to department store brands. It's relatively gentle and doesn't over-dry the skin too much. I'm not a fan of the synthetic fragrance - not sure how to describe it, but it definitely isn't natural. I don't care for the paraben and SLS ingredients as I prefer natural products.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by jsum92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff wasn't bad. I haven't tried enough cleansing products to figure if I like or dislike this. I've used up the entire bottle and I recently bought this same product, but the gentle version for sensitive skin. I bought a giant bottle of the gentle version and I'm starting to think I might like this one more because I feel like it cleans my makeup off better. This one dries the crap out of my skin after I use it. I like to use it with a facial brush and it works like a charm to get rid of the dirt and makeup. Because it dries the crap out of my skin, I put my moisturizer immediately after and a crap ton of it too. I just used the gentle cleanser a couple of minutes ago and I didn't think it cleansed my skin well...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 5:20:00 AM More reviews by vintagy

Love this. Been using it for around a year now, every single day, and it keeps me fresh-faced and keeps my skin relatively clear. This actually does take off my makeup for me- a little harder when its foundation (but still works), but tinted moisturizers and BB creams come off with no problem. Pretty sure I will use this for the rest of my life- I have no desire to find something better. And I bought mine for $16 for a huge bottle which lasts me months and months on end (I've only had to replace it once so far, so I'm guessing around half a year), so its a great deal. The price could be much, much worse for other cleansers, so I'm not sure what people are complaining about. My mother and I both use this- it works for all ages.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Heyitskristina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use it like a normal Cleanser.. just make my face wet and take a pump and put it in my face, and i gave me a breakout (like 3 pimples i usally get like 1 in two months or so) And dry skin
Then i tried using it different by making my face wet and take a pump AND rub it between my fingers, this helps better FOR ME.
Makes me feel fresh faced. I would not buy it again because it does to less things for $ 9.99

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by totokoko

This cleanser worked great on my skin until I developed a sensitivity to sodium laureth sulfate... so at least for me it's not as gentle as it claims.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Melli098

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A good cleanser...gentle as it says...my skins feels clean and soft after using it but I miss the 'squeaky clean' feeling that Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Wash gives that Cetaphil doesn't. After using Cetaphil I feel like my skin is almost still somewhat oily after using since I have oily/dry skin. However, I think this cleanser is perfect for persons with dry or sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by scrowell

I used to have pretty bad acne, I then discovered a life saving product called Benzyl Peroxide...off topic. Anywho, I used to use my neutrogena pink grapefruit wash religiously... little did I know that, that was only adding to my issue. The thing people (including myself) don't know is that if you have acne you MUST use a facial cleanser that has no medication, nothing. Just a water based gentle cleanser, then you can use a "treatment" to cure your problems. So this cleanser is PERFECT. Gentle, fresh, and cured me. Love love love love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by beautydork

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This made both me and my mother break out. So if you're acne-prone just beware, but everyone's skin is different. This is a clear, gel that lathers up into a nice foam and is a bit drying, even for my combination/oily skin (but not terribly so). Overall, it's definitely not one of the best cleansers I have tried...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Oliviastar123

I love this product! It got rid of oil on my face with out over drying and made my skin feel silky smooth. It also works very well with my Clarisonic. It rinses clean out of the brush so it must be doing the same when I wash it off.