November 27, 2014 | 1656 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by JessMolesworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is a great basic cleanser. it smells really nice and feels nice applying it. i dont think i would buy it again because i want to try some other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by fabulousSHEL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For about 8 months now I have beeng using the face wash once in the morning and once at night. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and this face wash seems more beneficial to my face compared to all the acne-fighting face washes. Anything with Salicylic Acid in it makes me break out WORSE than before using the face wash. I find face washes with added ingrenients makes my face more oily and I can feel the ingredients sitting on my skin. This doesn't irritate my skin at well. For a bigger bottle, you can purchase this is WalMart for about $9.50 and it lasts me a long time. Sometimes WalMart will carry a value pack and you'll be able to buy two large bottles for around $14. love the pump it comes with.

If you wear make-up like I do, it is very wise to use a good make-up remover before washing your face with this. I use Pond's wipes beforehand if I am removing make-up.

My skin is soft after using this as well. There isn't really a smell to this which is fine by me. No added perfumes or dyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by KathleenM415

Cetaphil's Daily Facial Cleanser is a good face wash if you're looking for a less-expensive alternative to department store brands. It's relatively gentle and doesn't over-dry the skin too much. I'm not a fan of the synthetic fragrance - not sure how to describe it, but it definitely isn't natural. I don't care for the paraben and SLS ingredients as I prefer natural products.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by jsum92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff wasn't bad. I haven't tried enough cleansing products to figure if I like or dislike this. I've used up the entire bottle and I recently bought this same product, but the gentle version for sensitive skin. I bought a giant bottle of the gentle version and I'm starting to think I might like this one more because I feel like it cleans my makeup off better. This one dries the crap out of my skin after I use it. I like to use it with a facial brush and it works like a charm to get rid of the dirt and makeup. Because it dries the crap out of my skin, I put my moisturizer immediately after and a crap ton of it too. I just used the gentle cleanser a couple of minutes ago and I didn't think it cleansed my skin well...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 5:20:00 AM More reviews by vintagy

Love this. Been using it for around a year now, every single day, and it keeps me fresh-faced and keeps my skin relatively clear. This actually does take off my makeup for me- a little harder when its foundation (but still works), but tinted moisturizers and BB creams come off with no problem. Pretty sure I will use this for the rest of my life- I have no desire to find something better. And I bought mine for $16 for a huge bottle which lasts me months and months on end (I've only had to replace it once so far, so I'm guessing around half a year), so its a great deal. The price could be much, much worse for other cleansers, so I'm not sure what people are complaining about. My mother and I both use this- it works for all ages.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Heyitskristina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use it like a normal Cleanser.. just make my face wet and take a pump and put it in my face, and i gave me a breakout (like 3 pimples i usally get like 1 in two months or so) And dry skin
Then i tried using it different by making my face wet and take a pump AND rub it between my fingers, this helps better FOR ME.
Makes me feel fresh faced. I would not buy it again because it does to less things for $ 9.99

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by totokoko

This cleanser worked great on my skin until I developed a sensitivity to sodium laureth sulfate... so at least for me it's not as gentle as it claims.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Melli098

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A good cleanser...gentle as it says...my skins feels clean and soft after using it but I miss the 'squeaky clean' feeling that Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Wash gives that Cetaphil doesn't. After using Cetaphil I feel like my skin is almost still somewhat oily after using since I have oily/dry skin. However, I think this cleanser is perfect for persons with dry or sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by scrowell

I used to have pretty bad acne, I then discovered a life saving product called Benzyl Peroxide...off topic. Anywho, I used to use my neutrogena pink grapefruit wash religiously... little did I know that, that was only adding to my issue. The thing people (including myself) don't know is that if you have acne you MUST use a facial cleanser that has no medication, nothing. Just a water based gentle cleanser, then you can use a "treatment" to cure your problems. So this cleanser is PERFECT. Gentle, fresh, and cured me. Love love love love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by beautydork

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This made both me and my mother break out. So if you're acne-prone just beware, but everyone's skin is different. This is a clear, gel that lathers up into a nice foam and is a bit drying, even for my combination/oily skin (but not terribly so). Overall, it's definitely not one of the best cleansers I have tried...