September 2, 2014 | 1772 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by itsarock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love double wear (even after their recent reformulation)! It's one of the very best stay in place foundations for combination-oily skin. It doesn't streak or run once it's been applied and the color range is amazing! I feel that for my pink undertone skin, the natural really evens me out. It creates a flawless finish without being over done or unnatural. The foundation doesn't change colors in the sun and it does contain a very light spf. I love that you can wear this foundation all day long and it really does stay! It wont rub off on to your clothing once you've allowed it to dry and if you touch your face you won't come away with a makeup-y feeling on your hands.

The only downside to this foundation is do not take photos with it! The flash does horrors to this foundation and completely whites you out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Klovi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG!!!! at first buy i thought this was just okay because i got the wrong shade, Tawny turns orangey on my nc25 skin so by the end of the day my face look darker and cakey, not nice for daily wear. I went back to revlon colorstay because i thought they were almost the same but omg revlon actually changed the formula :( it used to look good on me but the new formula look so greasy, my pores look huge and couldn't keep my oil at bay. I was so disappointed so i decided to get double wear again, this time i got Sand because it's more yellow and lighter than Tawny. I recommend Sand rather than Tawny for people with light yellow-tonned skin. And by the way, i was so SHOCKED because the price has increased! It used to be $38 but now it's $42. The sales assistant said the price has changed since few days ago, it also happened to MAC produts. I don't know if that also happens to another country, i live in indonesia btw.
With that money i spent i wished it would be worth it and i'm so glad it did. The color Sand fits me right, at first it would look lighter than my actual skin but after some time it oxidizes and matched my skin perfectly. It's really important to get the right shade because i find that the result is not cakey than when i got the wrong color. Don't rely on the sales assistant.
The coverage is amazing. Medium to full. I have many acne scars and it hides them well even though i have to use concealer for minor scars. It also fill in my pores make them invisible. I have dry patches (from acne treatment) and the foundation doesn't look really nice on top of dry patches, but it happens with every foundation so really it's just my skin. Moisturizer really helps with this.
I apply it with mac stippling brush, and with my finger for nose area. I have a hard time blending every foundation on my nose i dunno why.
If you have oily skin like me you might consider using primer first. I used it without primer once (i actually forgot to apply the primer :p) and my nose became really oily after like 4 or 5 hours. With primer it's not that bad. But i really wish it can hold up to my oily skin longer though.
It doesn't transfer, water-resistant, and doesn't slide off, good for oily people. The smell is not strong.
The formula is non acnegenic which is good with people like me, with skin that is prone to breakouts. It's full coverage but doesn't clog pores so you don't have to worry but still have to washed throughly because it's water resistant so it's hard to come off with just liquid cleanser.
Really recommend this :) worth the try

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by cloz90

I really wanted to like this foundation but its just not up to my standard. I have a few pitted scars from previous acne. I also have combination / dry skin. This foundation really made these issues A LOT more obvious! If you like to use a powder for extra coverage, it will look cakey and make scarring and hyperpigmentation stand out. I also found that bronzer and blush did not blend well as Doublewear has very little working time. It did stay on all day however it looked awful. PLEASE NOTE: if you decide to buy this foundation you will need more than just a water soluble cleanser to remove it. A makeup remover + cleanser will do the trick! Good luck ladies.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Jessica100x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I will never ever use another foundation, the coverage is just out of this world, and the Finnish is just amazing. I don't have bad skin, however it's far from perfect, I have red cheeks dark circles, and my cheeks have an uneven texture, with this foundation it looks perfect, and.....it does not move, or get shiny which happens to me allot, my foundation looks crap after 3 hours, you can see it lifting of the skin along with bronzing powder and blush going patchy. I am guaranteed all day wear with no touch ups. For days when my skin was feeling dehydrated or not at it's best I use the nars SPF 15 primer, this basically embalmed any dry areas I had so the foundation would smooth over my skin evenly, when I did not use this I could clearly see the foundation and it stuck to lines I never knew I had, this resolved it 100 percent. However with very dry skin i dont know what this foundation would be like! The only thing is I feel the colour needs to be exact, if it's not then it has a tendency to look very grey , if the colour is not right, the foundation will not even look close to how amazing it is suppose to, so make sure you get samples of at least 3 different colours before you buy! The foundation dries very quickly so u have to work quickly with it, if you miss a spot ( easily done under the chin ) you will not be able to even it out! I found this best applied with hands, warm product in finger tips for 15 seconds and it glides on, it feels like this application thins the texture so goes on easier. Must try!!! Will never leave this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 3:42:00 AM More reviews by Camaliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It is a full coverage foundation and it is very long lasting. I use this foundation daily, and I found that the best way to apply it is to mix it with a small amount of moisturizer and to apply it with a flat top kabuki brush,

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Carollyn123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation. I have been on the hunt for the perfect foundation (I have used mostly low end brands such as Maybelline and Revlon) and I came across this. I use the 3W1 in Tawny.

Pros: Coverage is great! You don't need much product for a full coverage face. It takes me about 3-4 months to finish one bottle, and I use it daily. Doesn't make me break out. Great finish.

Cons: Packaging - I had to purchase a MAC pump (which fits perfectly if you just trim the end of the stem), so I can get the perfect amount every time. Colours - I do wish that their range had some more yellow based colours, as their "yellow" range is still a little too pink for me, but I can correct this easily with some powder on top.

At AUD50, it is on the pricier side of foundations but still affordable considering how long it lasts. Plus, there are always promotions on the Estee Lauder website with % off or gifts with purchase, so that's a plus.

Will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Molleeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Really not a fan of this! I have slightly oily and acne prone skin. Had it for months and I just can't make it work for me whatever I try, its just soooo cakey!( I always use a heavy good moisturiser underneath) Tried a stippling brush, fingers, normal foundation brush and with decent primers still looks waay too cakey and unnaturual. The only way It looks okay is with a damp sponge but then the coverage is too sheer, when I like quite a heavy base. The packaging sucks it gets so messy too quickly and not keen on the smell. It costs so much money ( £26 ) so I'm trying so hard to make it work! Hopefully I'll be able to update this more positive if I manage to find a way to get this to work! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by kaylamarie1230

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE my Double Wear. I have somewhat acne-prone skin as well as some uneven skin tone due to acne marks and too much time in the sun without sunblock. This foundation covers it all! I was a devoted BareMinerals user because it's so healthy for your skin and was VERY skeptical (to say the least) about trying this liquid foundation. But since I've been using it everyone has been giving me compliments on my skin (what BareMinerals claims you will receive from their products). I haven't had any problems with break outs (except the usual menstrual here and there) and this literally lasts ALL DAY! For those who have issues with all the foundation not completely coming off with your makeup remover, I suggest you try Estee Lauder's "Take It Away" total makeup remover and follow up with their "Perfectly Clean" splash away foaming cleanser. I'm in love with these products. Bravo, Estee Lauder!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by xxjoyaax3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's good

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2013 7:17:00 AM More reviews by dianeng

I really wanted to love this product. I read all the reviews and they all seem so good. Unfortunately, I think this is breaking me out badly. I thought maybe it was the cleansing part so I tried both oil and milk to see which works best. Either way I still broke out. And I haven't gotten these big swollen acne in a while. I'm half in denial 'cause the coverage is lovely. The other foundation I use is Revlon color stay whipped creme. I think I might be reverting back to that. It causes mild clogs but nothing so serious as this. Seems like I'm still in search of a good liquid foundation...