Estee Lauder Maximum Coverage Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Estee Lauder Maximum Coverage Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Isododecane, Isohexadecane, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Microcrystalline Wax, Kaolin, Cholesterol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sandalwood Extract,tocopheryl Acetate, Linoleic Acid, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Bisabolol, Silica, Propylene Carbonate, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Polyethylene, Dimethyl Octenol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Bht, Ci 77019/Mica, Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491/Ci 77492/Ci 77499/Iron Oxides, Ci 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride, Ci 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ci 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens

on 4/30/2004 6:08:00 PM

I adore this stuff too. I've bought La Prairie Caviar (made my eyes itchy), Kevyn Aucoin (good but not as easy to blend), Laura Mercier (moisturizing and oil free, not as much coverage) just because I wanted a change - been using EL max cover off and on for 7 years. In the end (after I use up the other ones) I will probably end up with only this foundation in my make up box.

on 4/30/2004 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Unfortunately, the lightest shade comes up somewhat orange on me which, of course, will accentuate flaws. I wasn't using it as an all-over foundation, but a concealer when I had no foundation on. I felt like on flaws, it needed to be more patted in because rubbing it in would ruin the coverage. I might re-think trying it as a foundation because at least I can use it as a concealer then since it'll blend in.

on 4/29/2004 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the only long full coverage, long lasting foundation that I have found that does not look cakey...Blends wonderfully with a sponge...Lasts all day!!!!

on 4/28/2004 1:28:00 PM

HG concealer. Amazing. SO much better than Becca. It goes on easy, doesn't cake and comes in a hygenic tube.

The only thing becca has on this is the color collection, which is kinda lacking on estee's part. However, I found a color that matches perfect, so no complaints for me!

on 4/25/2004 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I use this as a concealer and its wonderful for covering spots and dark circles! Was quite expensive in NZ though ($63). But I think it's worth the price!

on 4/25/2004 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just bought this based on the reviews and used it for the first time today and loved it!!! I have been searching for a full coverage foundation and thanks to these reviews have finally found one. It stayed on all day and didn't turn greasy. And I was amazed at how well it covered every imperfection without looking cakey. Another reviewer said they are coming back with a full line of shades, however, when I purchased it yesterday they still only had 4 colors. Luckily "Creamy Vanilla" was a perfect match. It is the light/medium shade with a yellow base. What I also love is that it is non-acnegenic, non-fragranced, dermatologist-tested and has an SPF of 15. Compared to what I was previously using - Clinique's Clarifying Makeup in "Smooth Vanilla" - this is much more managable and blends soooo much easier. I think that may be because this doesn't contain salicylic acid - which never helped me anyway. My only teeny weeny complaint is that it comes in a tube - squeeze out too much and you've wasted - and given that you only need such a small amount it shortens its life span. I just have to remember to start out small until I get the feel of how much I need. If you're looking for a full coverage foundation that blends smoothly I highly recommend. I will definitely repurchase. Thank you MUA users for helping me find this : )

on 4/14/2004 10:54:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Bought a tube over a year ago and still have some left! I think the color is creamy tan. Very easy to apply (I use a sponge) I have sun spots and I don't have to use much to get a really nice coverage. It comes in a sanitary tube and it's SPF15! Looks flawless without being heavy. I would re-purchase, but I'm trying to look for something less expensive than $26. I'll be back if I don't find anything cheaper that compares with this product.

on 4/13/2004 9:50:00 PM

This was my concealer and eyeshadow base until it was discontinued. I now prefer MAC pot concealer. The EL does provide superb coverage, but I have found a better color match with MAC so will stick to that. I did get another tube when I found out EL brought it back, though, because this stuff is a great eyesahdow base, I've never found an eyeshadow base this good. This EL foundation is creamy, easy to blend, and dries down to a somewhat powdery finish. If you need superior coverage this is great stuff!

on 3/12/2004 11:47:00 AM

I gave this a 4 due to the low number of shade options. I wear medium deep (07) and it is really too dark on me, but the 06 is far too yellow/light!
I wear it for its coverage. It makes skin look flawless. Any redness or small pores are made invisible with this foundation. It sinks into creases and becomes a little greasy after about 4 hours of wear. Usually a little powder can remedy this.

on 3/9/2004 1:45:00 PM

Good news ladies...I discovered this weekend that Estee Lauder IS bringing this foundation back due to popular demand AND in a full line of shades! Hoorah! Provides excellent, long-lasting coverage without a heavy look. Very lightweight. Check your local EL counter for availability.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

FIRST IMPRESSION REVIEW | Estée Lauder Maximum Cover Foundation | MyMakeupPerspective by MyMakeupPerspective