Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth 9, PEG 5 Ethylhexanoate, Menthol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 3/16/2011 8:39:00 PM

This is by far one the very FEW products that has worked for my cystic acne (that was an exaggeration this is one of the ONLY two products (Freeman Avocado Mask) out of literally the hundreds of products that I've tried and mind you I have anything and everything from prescription to natural remedies to products overseas to high end department store products to every single product on a drug store shelf). After using it my first time, the results were ridiculously noticeable; the cystic acne on my jawline disappeared completely!!! Only problem I encountered was irritation on my upper cheeks underneath my eyes only because it was winter, I was slacking on moisturizing regularly, and on top of that, I slept with the mask on. I highly recommend this product to everyone with any type of acne but just do not apply any of it underneath your eyes because it will burn and leave it on for at least an hour. Good luck to you : ]

on 3/6/2011 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

long time user! i use this once a day, either morning or night, or both if i am extra oily during the summer. it tends to dry out areas around my mouth and nose, so i alternate with a gentler cleanser like cetaphil. since it is drying, i always follow up with a moisturizing toner, i use thayer's alcohol free rose witch hazel toner. then i alternate between 10% benzoyl peroxide gel or walgreens brand 8% aha face cream at night, in the am eucerin's moisturizer with spf. i use the oil cleansing method with olive oil to break down my makeup and use a makeup remover wipe, then i use neutrogena clear pore cleanser and open up my pores with a warm washcloth over my face three times and wipe it away and my skin feels so refreshed afterwards!

on 3/6/2011 8:57:00 AM

OMG I love this! I love leaving this for 5 min. You will feel a fresh, minty feeling upon application. Then after washing it w lukewarm water, my skin feels super soft!!! I like that it has BP, which helps keeping break outs away (: HG material.

on 3/2/2011 2:21:00 PM

I really like this product. I don't use it as a daily face wash, but I use it a couple times a week in the shower as a face mask. It really helps to open up my pores and clear my breakouts.

on 2/28/2011 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is one face wash that I will certainly be buying again. It foams up really nicely and has a very clean scent that's not overpowering at all. I use it morning and night, and it makes my skin feel clean and refreshed. I also use it as a mask as suggested, twice a week for 5 minutes, and my skin feels soft afterwards. It's good if you're looking for a 2-in-1 product (cleanser and mask). I have seen improvement in helping with my breakouts, so I definitely recommend it.

on 2/8/2011 1:08:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Well, this cleanser is alright. It definitely cleans my face. However, the price is too much just for a little bottle (yes, it is abnormally small and I paid 8 dollars for it). If it pulled out miracles I wouldn't bother paying 8 dollars for it... though I've haven't seen my acne disappear at all. Maybe my acne is just stubborn, however I still figured this product would get the job done. Guess I'm still searching for a good product...

it works well at keeping oil at bay, but i literally feel this burning my skin whether i use it as a mask or a cleanser. my face gets itchy when i wash it off and it feels irritated for a while afterward. i really wanted to like this because it's cheap and actually does what it says it'll do, but i think my skin is just too sensitive for it. :(

on 1/19/2011 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I am so impressed with this product! My skin is generally pretty clear except for an occasional breakout but I recently went through a bad patch. I don't normally use benzoyl peroxide but I had seen raves for this product on MUA and thought I would give it a shot. I used it for several days, every other day as a mask. Then I started using it as my morning cleanser. My skin has cleared noticeably a little each day. Used either way it feels nice and cool and I haven't any problems with it being too drying, although I am quite oily. I am totally pleased and have nothing bad to say about this product. My husband likes it as well. I would definitely repurchase.

on 1/11/2011 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this as a mask to control the my oily, acne-prone t-zone. However, the mask seems to harsh for my skin and left my skin looking red. I do not recommend those with sensitive skin.

on 1/9/2011 6:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I use the CVS generic version of this product, but it's the same ingredients (just cheaper and easier for me to find.) I am turning 40 and have developed acne flare ups that are so much worse than when I was a teenager! This product really works and I love the cooling effect it has. I use it as a mask 2-3 times/ week and as a cleanser every evening (I use Aveeno clear complexion creamy cleanser (not the foam) in the morning. I like to vary the acne products so I don't build up immunity to them.) Warning for using it as a mask: you can only apply a VERY thin layer of it to your face as the directions state. I once tried applying extra as a spot treatment to a pimple and it burned my skin and turned it red. I learned my lesson- directions are there for a reason, LOL!

If you have acne prone skin, use this cleanser and then follow with a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide cream and then you have to follow that with a light moisturizer and/or SPF or else all the BP will be too irritating and drying for your skin. That's my routine in the evening. In the mornings, I use neutrogena's anti blemish anti wrinkle cream after cleansing with the aveeno clear complexion cream cleanser and before my moisturizer (aveeno sensitive skin spf 15). In the evening I use this These routines have noticeably helped clear my skin up.