April 17, 2014 | 1836 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Katharine40

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this one, given the MA rating, but after about 5 months of use, I just find it so-so. The good thing about EL's Double Wear concealer is that it is light, so it doesn't sink in to any fine lines you might have around the eyes. It blends easily. Honestly, it helps a little in disguising undereye circles, but not nearly enough to justify the price. Maybe if you don't have a serious issue with dark circles, this would be adequate.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 4:53:00 AM More reviews by portakalis

After so many attemps, I have found the best concealer fits me well. I have dark under eye and my skin does not cooporate with concealers well. but this concealer's texture is really light and surprisingly it covers better than the thick ones. Looks natural and enlightened my face. It stays fresh for about 8-10 hours and, I suggest this product for pale white faced ladies like me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

This is one of the most expensive concealer I have ever brought in my life!
The SA at the Estee Lauder asked me in terms on concealing, what was my major concern? I replied my undereyes were my major concern, because I do have dark circles. He suggested that I buy the concealer in the shade Light/Medium which not only would it conceal my imperfections on my face, but it also helps brighten my undereyes and even out the tone. He was absolutely right!
He also taught me that for days were my undereye dark circle are quiet bad from lack of sleep/rest, he said I can mix my concealer with my eye cream, and that would improve my eyes a lot more, and it did!
I like the Double Wear Concealer soo much, absolutely blendable, set quickly, does not budge. High coverage, fantastic to keep handy in handbags. I usually hate liquid concealer, but I do love Estee Lauder DoubleWear Concealer and my Stila Illuminating Concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by sillylily0204

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this with EL GWP set. I had bought the EL illuminator stick w/ brush on it to get the gift, not knowing there was this double wear concealer in the set. (Otherwise, I might have bought something else..oh well - got a back up now.) The concealer works SO much better than the illuminator. I don't have many blemishes which is why I like the illuminator. But lately, due to spring allergies and lack of sleep, I'm getting some red blotchiness on my upper cheeks, so I switched to this concealer to test it's coverage. I was really impressed to say the least! As other reviewers have said, it lasts extremely long, and by the end of the day, when I am about to wash off my makeup, I notice the concealer is still in place and my cotton pad has mostly just the concealer on it as I clean my face. I'm Asian, so very light skin with yellow undertones and the light/medium is working fine for me. I might switch to the next darker shade when I repurchase this, but for now, going to use this baby up!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Vivekavy

This is one of the best concealers I have ever used. The lighter shade is perfectly neutral and not too pink in daylight. You can use the product alone or with foundation and it conceals dark shadows or blemishes for hours. Great for touching up during the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by pinkrose838

Sooooo not worth the price. It's very pink toned (medium 3), and being a golden, tan girl, this definitely does not work. I even tried it under my eyes thinking it would cancel the blue undertones in that area. Unfortunately, it soon becomes very. very cakey and doesn't even provide as much coverage as Revlon's Age Defying in medium.
Ever since starting to use a moisturizer before concealer, i've found that this is actually very, very good at concealing under the eyes and does not cake up... at all. It's pretty high coverage, but doesn't totally cover my hereditary dark circles.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by neonpen

I really like this concealer. I have it in light/medium. It matches my skintone pretty well and it doesn't fade easily. I will def repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

A very good concealer (I have it in 01 Light) for any imperfections you might have on your face (I normally have quite a few, though no bad breakouts anymore). It covers, blends and stays on very well!
I can't use it as my under-eye concealer as it accentuates every single tiny wrinkle I have. Other than that it's great!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by abusleb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's quite long-lasting and does the job. Has spf 10.
One major problem though is that it can be drying to the delicate skin under the eyes, even if you use a moisturizer prior to application. It dries and creates little lines. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by lovebeat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I have sensitive skin and this product along with ester Lauder double wear foundation keeps my skin breakout free. This product is easy to use I just apply it to the places I want to conceal and blend it in and my skin looks flawless which is difficult to do because I have many acne scars and an uneven skintone. I wish there was a larger colour range but the product is so good and stays on all day. Definitely recommend !