Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I would definitely buy this again for my body. Sure, it dries my skin a bit but that's what moisturer comes in. The smell is wonderful and very springtime. I would definitely buy this product again.

on 4/10/2012 9:02:00 PM

Recommendations- DO NOT buy the beauty bar
to treat facial or body acne, it will only make it worse(which it did for my skin) apply everywhere except acne prone areas

GOOD:
-Cleans skin
-Does not leave skin dry
-smells great!
-reasonable price
-easy open packaging

BAD-
-Do not apply to any areas where you have acne( it made mine terribly dry and red)

Overall, i rate it a 5 because it does its purpose. the results may vary for different skin types!

on 3/27/2012 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the Dove Bars! They smell soooo good and they leave your skin super, duper soft! It has always been my favorite moisturizing soaps.

on 3/25/2012 3:28:00 PM

I will never stop using this as my body and face wash. Just plain bar soap. I went to a dermotologist who was a family friend just for healthy skin advice and he told me this is the only cleanser people should use because it doesnt dry out the skin. Aka keeping skin hydrated keeps it healthy and young. I have been using the plain bar for years and have never felt tight or dry after showering. If i use anything else it makes my skin dry. I dont like the other products dove is making but they hit is out of the park with this soap.

on 3/22/2012 9:05:00 PM

This is the only thing I can use to wash my face and body that does not irritate my skin.

It's gentle, does not strip my skin of oil, and cleanses effectively. The scent is light and fresh, and I constantly receive compliments on how I smell.

I was brought up using this soap and I will probably never change from this product.

on 3/15/2012 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This bar seems to be for combination skin. It will either dry out dry skin, or cause your skin to overproduce oil. I use a light moisturizer after cleansing with it to prevent my combo skin from doing that. Without the moisturizer, my skin would feel a little tight, but clean. It removes all of my makeup and keeps my skin clean. It's also ph balanced, but the scent is a little intense at first. I can smell the bar in my bathroom. Maybe it will fade over a few weeks. I don't mind it, but strong scents are not good for skin. I will buy the sensitive unscented version next time. If it doesn't break me out I will continue to use it.

on 2/27/2012 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It's my second favorite bar soap (after dove cream oil bar) and after several years of buying this and other bar soaps too that seduced me with their fancy fruity smells I have to say it's top quality. Can't really add much, it feels so creamy and moisturizing, love it!
I sometimes use it as a gentle brush cleanser and works really well too!
Haven't used it as a face wash though.

on 2/27/2012 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I switched to this soap a few years ago after realizing that my fiance and I have dry, sensitive skin and scented soaps were irritating my fiance's skin. I always buy unscented and it continues to deliver - doesn't irritate or dry out our skin. I buy it in bulk from Costco when it goes on sale and it lasts a while.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this as long as I've been alive (16 years.) My parents buy it, and our whole family uses it. A while ago, I decided that I was going to buy my own more expensive, frilly bath washes. This might have been the worst decision ever. Turns out I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin, I just never knew it because of how gentle Dove was. My parents once accidentally bought normal soap. Horrible, horrible stuff. My skin got that dragging feeling, and became very dry. I will never use anything but dove :) Oh, and the unscented is better than anything else.

on 2/24/2012 6:21:00 PM

Absolutely love this product. It comes in many scents so it depends on the person whether you like a heavier scent or unscented. I have been using this product since I was little. I have sensitive skin it's very gentle. I recommend this to everyone.

Popular Gels/Soaps