October 25, 2014 | 918 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Zariana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only used the original Dove Beauty Bar for a day now. Well, actually, I've shaved my legs and other sensitive areas with Dove and I'm satisfied with how baby soft my skin felt after moisturising with a light lotion. True to my cheapskate tendencies (LOL! :-p), I've decided to try it as a facial cleanser. I feel like an oil slick (South African summers are sweltering!) It has, however, made my skin smooth and pores less noticeable. I'll have to use it for a longer period to determine how effective this soap really is as a facial cleanser.
UPDATE: I found this soap was too moisturising for daily use on my face. Although it didn't break me out, my face was an oil slick one hour after cleansing.
I'll have to find another gentle cleanser. Boo-hoo!

FURTHER UPDATE: This incredible beauty bar has been a skin saver - a very inexpensive skin saver!
I've recently been prescribed Yaz birth control to quell my raging hormonal acne and my face gradually became less oily. My usual 'harsher' cleansers and gel moisturisers just didn't cut it any longer.
Dove Beauty Bar provides the perfect amount of cleansing power and moisture my skin needs.
I'll never be without this wonder bar!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by makeupfinder21

Just bought this yesterday cause of the rave reviews. I mean, come on.. 702 reviews and it still has a 4.4 lippie review? That's amazing. Anywho, I've used this 2 times so far, and already can I see a HUGE improvement of my skin.
On my nose: the clogged pore I unclogged on Wednesday had been red and very large. But not no more. It's shrunk in size to match the others and its no longer red. Also: my blackheads on my nose have been brought up a little to the surface so now I can feel them. I'm sure soon enough I'll be able to scrub them away off my nose for good. However, the ones on the side of my nose are still quite noticeable. My pores have shrunk incredibly.
My forehead: the large white bump between my eyebrows has reduced in size and is now almost gone. It's been there for 2 weeks or more. My acne marks have lightened just a little and the little ones from plucking my eyebrows have almost disappeared. But I still have the small raised red bumps speckled about there.
My cheeks: I don't have bad cheeks at all, never any pimples or bumps, but my pores are also smaller here as on my nose.
Rest of my face: my upper lip still has blackheads, and scars. But looks better than before the Dove. My chin has a few pimples but scars are fading slowly.
The only con with the Dove Beauty Bar (i use original), is that it can be drying. My cheeks and upper lip get quite dry, nothing that can't be fixed with some good moisturizer tho! The bar is also quite cheap. I got 2 bars for $2.99 at Shoppers for sale price. Over all, I'm really happy with the results and will continue using the bar. Instead of 4, I'd rather give it a 4.5.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Mooo87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this bar, it's such a classic. I use this to wash my face, body and even my hair. It rinses clean without stripping my skin of moisture. I don't even use conditioner when I use this as shampoo. A+

EDIT: I have stopped using this, although I will probably go back to it for use on my body eventually (currently using up a different body wash). It never felt too harsh on my face or my hair, but I realized it was clogging my pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First of all, this white unscented one does have a strong scent to me...but I like it. It makes my whole bathroom smell fresh and clean and overall this scent reminds me of the summer I started using it.

This lathers nicely, lasts a long time, rinses clean, leaves my skin feeling clean but not tight or dry. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

A detailed review on all dove bars I have tried:
Unscented: This is the classic white bar. Like all the dove bars here mentioned, hydrates and smoothes skin. I love all dove bars and I will never ever purchase another brand. Creamy and easy to use. However wont repurchase as I prefer a scent to my bars. Unless you have sensitive skin, try out the scent ones.
Go Fresh Cool moisture: I believe this sells as a green bar and its got cucumber and green tea in it. I quite like this bar. The smell is not overpowering and it smells like cucumbers. Will repurchase.
Go Fresh Burst Beauty Bar: MY FAV! This stuff smells amazing! Can I rave more? Smell this in the store and you'll fall in love. It sells in a orange color and has nectarine and white ginger. This is the one I love the most and will repurchase the most.
Go Fresh LemonGrass: I dont like the scent of this, but apparently it totally depends on you as an individual. Some people love this the most, however I dont so wont repurchase.
Pink Beauty Bar: I dont see a big difference in between this and the original.
Dove men: This sells in a grey packaging and is for men. Really good and has mini exfoliating beads which dont do much but overall a great smell for your husbands. Give this a try [men]!
Check out my reviews on other products and let me know if this review was helpful or not.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

I grew up with this bar in my bathroom. My mom always rotated this and the unscented Dove because she suffered from ezcema and this did not irritate it. She still uses it to this day. I have a home of my own now, and this product along with the Olay white bar is in constant rotation in my house. It cleans my body gently and doesn't irritate my (inherited) ezcema either. My husband and I use it all year long. I'll use it in a pinch for my face, but not often because it can be drying.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, this as a face cleanser has made my skin far too dry. The same goes as a body cleanser. The only reason why IÁd buy it again os to use the shavings of it and mix it with potpurri for a bathroom fragrance. Otherwise, it you have dry skin, look elsewhere in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by melllm

Love this beauty bar. I used to waste so much money trying new facial cleansers, but my derm recommended I try this. I used to have mild acne and my skin became quite sensitive. Dove works wonders for me - it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and works well to cleanse my face. It doesn't break out my skin and my combo skin doesn't feel dry either. Plus, doubles as a body wash - although I use a seperate bar.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Rokmelon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I make my own soaps from scratch and I have to admit I do love this soap.

It has all the qualities I aspire too as a soapmaker. It it ph balanced, lathers beautifully, is stark white, smells divine and leaves your skin feeling soft and nice.

The ingredients are cheap but they put it together in such a way that it works.

I love my homemade soaps but I love Dove as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by ILoveMakeup98

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy Moly! this is an AMAZING product!
It cleared my skin,made it soft without overdrying!
I swear by this! its my alltime favorite bar soap <3