Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

2.8

Water, Peg-32, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Peg-6, Trisodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben

on 9/24/2005 3:37:00 PM

It removes eye shadow just fine, but it does not take off mascara very well. When I look at my cotton-pad after using it on one eye, I can only see eye shadow color, no mascara. I have to try to press it on the lashes to remove it and it's too much work. In the morning, I wake up to racoon eyes and after I shower, when I pat my face dry, I see mascara markings. For Estee Lauder and for the price, I expect better.

on 8/11/2005 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best eye makeup remover I've used in a long time. I occasionally wear a Bourjois waterproof mascara that NOTHING removes. The Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover removed it without any effort at all. It swiped it off, didn't leave smudges, and left my eyes feeling naturally hydrated, not oily at all. My eye area is very sensitive, and I had no issues with this product. Very good, highly recommended, and will buy again.

on 8/7/2005 9:33:00 PM

this eye makeup remover works really great. i've tryed a few d/s eye makeup removers and they all left me with oily eyelids but not this one..it takes everything off and leaves my eyelids smooth with no oilyness or dryness its worth the money

on 7/31/2005 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

takes off all my water resistant eyemakeup instantly w/out irritation or stinging. for some reason this dissolves the eye makeup quickly so there's no need to rub or tug the eye area.

OHHH! I like this, as much as I love Lancôme`s stuff, I find Estée Lauder`s is MUCH better than Lancôme`s Bi-facil or Neutrogena`s eyemakeup remover!
Lazy Gals: I'm kinda lazy, so unlike the 'bi-phase' removers, you don't need to shake the bottle which really helps when you're running short on time or if you're so tired after a long day's work. In most directions, they tell you to hold the saturated cotton pad on your eye for a few seconds then wipe off, but I never do that. I like to swipe immediately and from this I can tell that Estée Lauder's work best because virtually EVERYTHING comes off right away! With Lancôme or Neutrogena`s I really need to rub several times which irritates my eyes, otherwise I`ll need to pour A LOT of it on the pad.
Texture: Very soapy! There's no foam lathered up around your eyes or anything like that lol, but to me it feels slippery like soap. Yet there`s absolutely NO greasiness either (Lancôme/Neutrogena's have ALOT of oilies).
Effectivity: It seems like many reviewers have mentioned that this does not take off eye makeup effectively as it is 'too gentle'. Well the reason that 'it does not take it all off' is because you DO NOT SEE ALL THE EYE GUNK on your cotton pad since it NEUTRALIZES the color!!! That's right! This is what's SOOO COOL about this remover: it neutralizes colors! Since ppl don't SEE the gunk on the cotton pad, they automatically think it didn't do the job right. I think this is much more pleasant to the eye because know you're not cleaning your eye with previously cleaned off gunk stuck on the pad.
Overall, great product, i'm gonna run out to buy the full size product cuz I got this as a sample in the first place. Also, it's much cheaper than Lancôme`s Bi-facil. I used to despize EL (for no apparent reason lol) and thus have never bought much of their stuff, but now i'm beginning to see things differently about this brand! continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

Wouldn't buy this again, as this doesn't seem to easily take off much of anything. I think it is too gentle to remove waterproof makeups, but sometimes it seems to sting my eye area, not a good thing. I think that EL's Take It Away is far far superior to this, and its cream base doesn't ever sting or irritate my eye area at all, so I'll stick with that forever.

on 5/2/2005 11:57:00 PM

I like that this stuff has a small hole in the bottle, eliminates waste, though this isn't horribly expensive. It took off my eyemakeup pretty well, about as well as Neutrogena's Gentle Eyemakeup Remover, without any irritation. I did have some difficulty taking off my h20 proof L'Oreal eyeliner though, I had to use two cotton balls. All in all however, I like this stuff, but may give the Take It Away next time, the bottle is twice as big.

on 4/26/2005 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This remover left me with dark smudges under my eyes. I wear Clinique Naturally Glossy mascara that isn't even waterproof. Maybe they changed the formula since the earlier reviews.

on 4/26/2005 8:51:00 AM

it sucks,it can not remove ur waterproof make-up AT ALL!

on 4/9/2004 5:41:00 AM

Works okay but too pricy!