October 25, 2014 | 1729 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Tweezerman - Metal Eye Lash Comb

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2006 7:16:00 PM More reviews by stephanie32082

I've been interested in trying a lash comb for a while because no matter what mascara I use, I can never really get the nice seperated lash look. I though I'd just buy a cheap plastic one but after consulting MUA, I realized the metal one was the way to go. So I picked this up at my local drug store for $9.99 CDN and I've never looked back.

It's true what others have said, I think this could make the most basic or crappy mascara look nice. It's a bonus that its a lifetime guarantee.

Also, I think its really important to clean this brush after every use - at least wipe it clean with a tissue. Totally worth the price and the design is really good - you can fold the comb down so you can travel with it if you want but the bottom line is folding it keeps the teeth safe and clean. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2006 8:01:00 PM More reviews by kawiki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Before I discovered this I was using a GWP plastic Estee Lauder lash comb, boy was it a pain to clean, impossible in fact, and it became totally useless after a few uses. I happened to read in a magazine that metal lash combs are best to de-clump lashes, so the next time I was at Ulta I grabbed the first one I saw, which was this one. It's so handy and easy to tote around, I like that the comb folds, covering those lethally needle-sharp teeth (my friends call this lash comb a torture-device due to these) making it much safer to have in your pocket or purse. This makes even the crappiest mascara look halfway decent. Say goodbye to gloopy, spider-leg, stuck together lashes, and hello to clean, beautiful, separated lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2006 12:56:00 AM More reviews by jillian980

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I think every woman should be required to own one of these, they make life so much easier! They make mascara look so much better, I can't believe I went around with clumps for so many years! It's very easy to use and clean, but do be careful because the teeth are very very sharp.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2006 3:20:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

my mascara usually clumps so this has been a life saver!!! it gives me that "fanned" look since it goes through the eyelashes with ease....every girl that has mascara clump problems should get this! and its pretty inexpensive too...better than SK's version, and roughly around the same price

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2006 1:29:00 AM More reviews by robotica77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why I ever ignored this item in the store. I just got one that folds in itself for travel and keeps the metal combs from being ruined. Tweezerman always think ahead when they make their products. This lash comb is superior to those plastic lash combs that break and end up getting clumpy from mascara. It seperates my lashes without any tugging and virtually no effort on my part. You do have to be careful you don't poke your eye with these as that could cause damage, so go slowly. It's easy to wash too. I don't go near the base of my eye, but rather halfway and then wiggle it back and forth and pull upwards. My lashes look clean and seperated instead of clumpy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2006 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Kandinsky

This comb is terrifying looking- the ends of safety pins definitely comes to mind. However, it is the best lash comb on the market and you can't beat the price- I got mine for $6 at Sally Beauty. Plus, the head folds into the handle which makes it a bit safer. AMAZING job at getting even small clumps, and it also fans lashes out for a beautiful effect. I was so bitter about mascaras that seemed to have great formulas except they would clump like crazy on my straight, downward pointed lashes. This lash comb gets clumps, separates, and enhances lashes so now it really doesn't matter what mascara I use- there are no clumps! As for my technique- hold at base of lashes and blink or sometimes (for bigger clumps) I'll hold it at the base of my lashes then gently sweep the comb upwards. Would I rebuy? Already have after I lost my first one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2006 6:19:00 AM More reviews by estiw

This tiny comb works wonders for my eyes! I use it with my Loreal voluminous mascara and wow... picture perfect eyelashes!
It makes my eyelashes clump free, more natural looking, longer and even curls them a little.
Just be careful never to poke your self in the eye with it!

I hope I won't have to repurchase but if God forbid I lose this or break it or something, I would have to buy this again. Mascara is just not the same with out it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2006 12:47:00 PM More reviews by rowenaaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Where has this been all my life??? I always scoffed at eyelash combs, because I always found them to be cheapy plastic things that just did nothing at all to separate my lashes. Based on the reviews here at MUA (thank you so much, ladies!!) I purchased the Tweezerman Folding Metal Eye Lash Comb and used it for the first time today. Holy cow!! Yes, the tines are a bit daunting due to their sharpness, but I held the comb in front of my eye and blinked my lashes onto it. PERFECTLY combed lashes, with no clumps, bumps, or spiders to be had. I love this thing. Granted, the plastic handle is a bit cheesy but if it breaks I would repurchase in a hot minute. THE BEST tool for eyelashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2006 9:41:00 AM More reviews by joodles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was told that the combs with colored handles werenít as good since the teeth arenít as fine, so I purchased the one with the clear handle. When not in use, the comb folds down to protect the teeth and your hands from accidental poking. The teeth are gold plated, thin, densely spaced with sharp, slightly pointed edges. To prevent poking your eyes, try looking down into a mirror, point the comb up and brush outwards away from your eyes. Compared to plastic lash combs, this is a million times more effective. It separates each lash and eliminates mascara clumps. Unfortunately, after just one month the plastic holding the teeth broke. I Crazy Glued the pieces back but some of the glue dripped onto the hinge so my comb no longer folds down. Had to take off a lippie for the product defect.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2006 11:45:00 PM More reviews by bellabim

Not sure if this is speaking more of my mascara technique or the wonders of the lash comb, but I wouldn't go without it! Perfect for arranging your eyelashes once you have mascara on, but don't want to add more by using the mascara wand. Buying them for all my friends as their birthdays come around!