September 17, 2014 | 1893 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Ari08

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love, love, love! This is such an inexpensive powder that provides such great benefits. I'm nc30/35 and this sets my liquid foundation beautifully. Yes the packaging is not the best, but it gets the job done so I can overlook that. I pour a little into a container, & mix it with a tiny bit of kryolan anti-shine powder (oily skin). I than get some product on a puff and do the "press & roll" method onto my face lightly all over. Than I take a large powder brush and dust off the excess.
With the combo of this powder & anti-shine, i literally don't have to blot until the end of the day. Love it!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by vayalios

Packaging is not great, but there is no need to spend more money on a high end product. It works great for the face. For the under eye area I prefer the neutral one, this one might end up looking cakey. I am NC 30 and find this is great to set my makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product with the expectation that it would give my NC15 complexion a slight boost or "glow." The powder itself was a bit difficult to blend, and I found that you have to apply it very carefully (and with a light hand!) to avoid looking cakey or patchy. The color, unfortunately, was a bit too yellow for my fair skin and the result appeared somewhat sallow. Of course, I have pink undertones naturally, so I suspect this would work much better for someone with yellow undertones. The packaging was difficult to work with, and I ended up having to pour the product into an empty MAC compact. I don't necessarily think this product is worth a negative review, however, I wasn't that impressed. I was hoping this would work, but I'll be sticking with my MAC blot powder in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by khymm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

my HG loose powder! I use this to set my foundation and concealer. I just love how it prevents it from creasing and fading.

for my full review and swatches of the banana visage & neutral set:

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by ahraffarha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

You have to use this very sparingly, if you use too much you will look scaly.

Best powder I have ever used to set my foundation. Translucent powders give me a white cast because I have very strong yellow undertones. This doesn't! Plus the bottle will last forever. Seriously.

$7 for 1.5 oz on makeupmania.com

EDIT: can't help it but I end up looking scaly... grr. So this only gets a 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by RawCreoleGoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this powder! I'm a NC 45 and I use this to set my foundation. I use it to take the shine off of Mac's MSF in dark.

I also use this when I am just wearing concealer to set it. Works Perfectly.

Not expensive at all. I had to find it on ebay. It comes in a talc shaker bottle and I just shake it onto a tissue.

A great value and I this is a STAPLE of mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by rubysubi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

A pale yellowish powder, finely milled, sets foundation amazingly without giving coverage. Photographs beautifully. A little bit of powder goes a long way, too. On regular days, I use this powder instead of my MUFE HD powder.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by chuugle

I just realized that I've been using this for years! I bought the 3oz shaker bottle and I just keep refilling an old sifter jar for daily use. It has great oil absorption and has never caused me to break out. This is such a great deal b/c I probably paid $6-10 for it years ago and I still haven't run out! I stray from Ben Nye every now and then b/c I'm a product junkie and I'm always looking for something better and shinier, but I always come back to this staple.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by facebylace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ben Nye products have never disappointed me. Banana Visage powder is a very pale yellow powder, finely milled. This powder sets your foundation so it will not budge. It will definitely not provide any coverage, but if you're looking for a good undereye powder or all over face powder this is definitely a product you want to try. You don't have to use much product at all, so it will last you forever.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I love Ben Nye for their powders. One of my favorite powders is the Neutral Set.. its amazing and lasts FOREVER. Well, I decided to try this one too because I wanted a powder that has a hint of color in it. The color is like a peachy yellow. I ALWAYS use this to set my makeup under my eyes so my concealer won't cake. Because of the yellow tone, it helps conceal my under eye circles even better (yellow cancels out purple). It only adds a tiny hint of color.. I use this all over my face as well and it doesn't alter the color of my makeup. It just makes everything look even better. I love the texture of this, its very silky. And you can pack this on and your face won't look like a powder puff. Great quality for the price. Ever since I've discovered Ben Nye powders, I stopped using my MAC Blot Powder.