Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

on 11/19/2012 12:34:00 PM

I read glowing reviews of Ben Nyes Banana Powder so thought I would try it. Big mistake. Despite what other reviewers say, if you are fair skinned like me this powder will have a yellow cast to it. Also, I have sensitive, allergy prone skin and mild rosacea. The second this powder hit my face, my face turned pink. It also caused me to breakout. If you have rosacea or sensitive skin it won't tone down redness, it will exacerbate it. If you have problem skin like me, I recommend you stay away from this product.

on 11/17/2012 9:22:00 PM

What a fabulous product! Prior to this, I was using MAC Blotting powder, and while there wasn't anything wrong with it, I read such great things about this powder I thought I'd try it out. I shake it out onto a tissue, tap my powder brush in it, and lightly dust it over my face. It doesn't break me out, eliminates shine caused by my sunscreen, evens out my skin tone, and imparts a soft-focus, golden glow. Even though I only use a tiny amount, my face stays matte all day (though my nose can get slightly shiny mid-day, which I fix with blotting paper). I wish this came in a compact, or at least had different packaging, but I transferred it to a small screw-top sifter which makes it more portable. Paying $8 for 1.5oz of such a great product is a steal! I indicated that I would buy this product again, but it'll be years before I have to. :)

on 11/14/2012 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this product! I got mine at a costume shop. I literally had to drive 22min to this costume shop! It was so worth it. I love how it doesn't set on my fine lines. and it glides on smoothly. I haven't experienced cakey-ness yet. Im a nw 45 girl and I can wear the banana powder. I've tried topaz, but it was too yellow for me. The only problems I have with this product is the packaging! And it really doesn't help with my t-zone than again I have yet to find a product that keeps me oil free.

on 11/5/2012 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am an NC25-30, Asian, and very oily. I love how this powder sets my under eye concealer as well as helps brighten that area. I also notice that it lasts quite a long time despite the fact that most concealer slides off my under eye in quite a few hours. This has definitely helped in the longevity of my concealers and also smooths out any edges and helps brighten my eyes. It doesn't set into my fine lines either. I just buy the smallest tub it comes in, pour a hint out into the cap and dab a large blending brush in and pat onto my concealer to set. Considering what I use this for, the tub will last me quite a while. Glad I was curious and gave this a shot after hearing how some people use it as a highlighter. Great product and I would totally repurchase if I run out!

on 11/4/2012 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This powder is my HG!

It has a silky-fine texture and leaves a satin finish. Not quite matte; but with a subtle glow. The hint of colour is PERFECT for someone like me who has never found a foundation yellow enough. Foundations have come close to my skin shade but the tone is always off; too orange, pink etc. Adding this powder on top corrects that tone and my foundations match me better. Not to mention my skin feels so soft and looks so natural.

I have been using this product for months and have never experienced any caking, or it settling into any fine lines. My makeup lasts all day and I don't get oily for at least 8-9 hours.

The only complaint I have is with the packaging. The holes on the sifter are too big and too much powder comes out when tilted.

I paid less than $10 CAD for 1.5 oz. at a local theatre supply store.

The price can't be beat for quality like this.

on 11/4/2012 9:17:00 PM

I love this product! This product sets in your makeup and makes it last women! My makeup looks fresh all day with this product, and its great for the camera as well.
Thanks to Mario Dedivanovic, apparently world wide supplies are running low, and vendors have been limited as to what number we can get per month.
If you need a product that is long lasting this is the one! It has a nice hint of yellow and im always receiving compliments about my skin everytime i wear it. Its cheap and i use it everyday, and the bottle is still 3/4 full.
If you haven't already tried this product, you are missing out...go out and purchase one right now!

on 11/4/2012 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I use this for the brightened under eye concealer look when I'm going out for a night on the town. I like it, because it gives me the brightened under eye concealer look without making me look ashy. I do not use this everyday. I only use this to set my under eye concealer. I'm a NC50. I purchased the 8oz container that a screw on lid, so I'm sure this will last me at least a year since I don't use it everyday.

on 10/8/2012 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS POWDER!!! I am a MAC nc40 for ref. and this setting powder is AMAZING for medium-darker skin toned ladies. It doesn't leave a white cast like some "translucent" powders have done. I would repurchase in a heart beat I never want to be without this powder again. If your a medium and higher skintone try this powder under your eyes to set a brightening concealer and you will wonder how you lived with out this powder. I give it a 3 for packaging because the sifter tends to waste alot, but for the amazing price I cant complain.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I have given this product a 4 for packaging because I actually like (not love) the bottle with the talcum powder style tap out lid. Alot of members dislike this because of wastage but what I do is tap some out on a tissue and apply with a brush. I find that there is little left on the tissue at the end so I don't think I've wasted much. Plus for the price, wastage isn't an issue - 1 lippie for price! Its a 4 not a 5 for packaging because for loose powder I do like the Smashbox 'grater' system, which they use for their halo powder (in the yellow it is a very similar product to the banana powder but for double the price).
This is really cheap and if you find it BUY IT because worldwide stocks are low - due to everyone knowing that Kim Kardashian's MUA uses this on her. I am super scared that Ben Nye will raise their prices so have bought a big jar.
As a setting/finishing powder, I love this. I don't want to ever use another one and the reason is I have yellow toned Asian skin and for me, even a translucent powder will give me a white cast - this doesn't. It is absolutely gorgeous, doesn't look powdery, doesn't sit on the skin. Looks amazing even before setting spray! I can set foundation and concealer with this without an issue, it looks fine under the eyes.
A little goes a long way with this - so very well worth the money! I think I paid $15 for the bigger jar from Limelight.
Some ppl have said this neutralises red in their face. I personally don't think the yellow in it is strong enough for all that, but it is better than translucent.
If you are yellow toned like me, you will really love this.

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60, BeneFit Champagne, Bobbi Brown #4, MUFE Sand/Desert
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

on 9/17/2012 7:19:00 PM

I thought I hit the jackpot with the Ben Nye Neutral Set. Not even close. I'm fair with cool/neutral undertones, and the Banana Powder gave me the slightest but most beautiful cast possible. It doesn't give me a yellow cast - more of a luminous glow if that makes any sense. I applied my cream foundation, dusted on the Ben Nye Banana Powder with a large powder brush - being careful to press the foundation into my t-zone. I then followed with a dampened BeautyBlender (dampened with MAC Fix+) which I lightly stippled across my face just to eradicate any hint of powder and voila! A perfect complexion the moment I walked out the door. Then my face was subjected to the heat and humidity of summer in Miami. After a mechanical issue with my car, running up and down 4 flights of stairs, and finally returning home, my hair and clothes were drenched with perspiration. I looked in the mirror, and my face had beads of sweat but no oil, no shine. The color and finish remained flawless. How is that possible??? I need to go revise my previous reviews on other powders. This is unquestionably Holy Grail status. I purchased the small sifter just to give it a try, but I'm ordering a tub of this stuff at the moment. I will never be without this again.

Recommended for Normal Skin