Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

4.3

talc, zinc stearate, corn starch, rice starch, iron oxides (color), diazoludinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, and fragrance
(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

on 9/14/2012 12:08:00 PM

Medium Tan Asian, yellow undertones
Mac Foundation Shade NC35, C4
Combination Skin, oily at t-zone & dry at cheeks

I got this product in the smaller once, since I have ordered it online and didn't know if my skin would like it or not. The product is still very abundant, and I can't even imagine finishing it any time soon since I don't wear makeup daily. The colour is very yellow and thus is sort of a brightening and color correcting powder, which blots oil very well. I just love this product so much, but the packaging really just brings it down to a 4 out of 5. I find it very inconvenient to use, but still love the application of it.

on 9/13/2012 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is great. It's the first powder that I've used that doesn't look cakey or ashy. Gives a nice look and blends well. The price is great. The packaging is not great, I tend to waste a lot of product with the little shaker top. But since is the first powder that actually works with my yellow undertone Med dark skin tone I will continue to purchase.

on 9/12/2012 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

There is a lot of hype around this product & I thought it was just overkill. But for whatever reason I decided to try it. This stuff has gone from unknown to my holy grail almost overnight! It is worth the hype & then some!
I pour a little into cap & apply this with a beauty blender sponge (damp) or a fluffy shadow brush after my mac studio finish concealer and it stays put all day. And Im talking about even in South FL heat!

The price is great. However the packaging leaves a lot to be desired as it can be a dusty mess. But I follow another's recommendation to put scotch tape over most of the holes & leave 1 open. More control & less waste.

on 9/3/2012 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

** Not Tested On Animals **

I tried this thanks to the youtube superstar, gossmakeupartist - love ya goss! This is a very finely milled powder which doesn't give the ghostly glow due to its imperceptibly yellow hue. I never have time in the morning to muck about pressing & rolling it onto my face (sorry goss!), instead I shake a wee bit onto the back of my left hand, coat my powder brush in it, knock the excess off back onto my hand, the dab it lightly all over my face. Just to seal off my foundation ever so slightly, always aiming to find the balance between old & powdery vs. young & dewey. Makeup in Australia is *exorbitant* but I got this on eBay for $10 (BARGAIN!), I've been using it most days for 3 months & have barely made a dent in it. Dare I say it..? HG.

on 8/28/2012 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a fantastic finishing powder for light to medium neutral and warm toned girls. The slight yellow tinge eliminates the horrid white cast the some powders give, while also providing an ever so slight candle-lit glow. I love to mix this with an HD/silica powder (elf, MUFE, etc.) to boost its oil-control properties. Doing this makes both products last forever! I transfer both into a separate sifting jar and refill when needed. I've been doing this for years and have yet to find a better product!

on 8/28/2012 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The best loose setting powder out there, and it's so cheap, such a steal! It sets foundation beautifully and gives a lovely glow. I used it on my wedding day with Make Up Forever's HD foundation and it looked amazing in real life and pictures. It doesn't keep my oil in check all day but I have yet to find anything that does, so I won't hold that against it.

on 8/17/2012 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I will buy this product as long as it's available!! I used the neutral set powder for several months and thought I couldn't possibly like a powder (pressed or loose) more and then I tried the Banana Visage Poudre. What a fantastic product!! The neutral set kept my very oily skin matte for 3 or 4 hours and I thought that was impressive. For some reason, the Banana Visage Poudre keeps me matte for a whole 8 hours. I've never known what it feels like to not look either a mess or super cakey due to reapplication at the end of the day. And, of course, in Southern California desert, things are super hot and muggy this year so this was the ultimate test. If it can withstand this nasty summer, I have no doubt that it will perform even better during the cooler months ("cooler" being a relative term, of course). I love, love, love this powder. Though it typically annoys me to see how freely the term "HG" gets thrown around, I'm not ashamed to proclaim that this is absolutely my HG setting powder. Love, love, love!!!

on 8/7/2012 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Great product. Effectively handles oiliness without leaving a chalky residue, however, at least one reapplication is a must if wearing a full 8 hours. Wish it came in a compact.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've been using this product for a couple of months now and I am really impressed. First of all the color is spot on for my skin tone. The yellow powder just disappears into my tanned skin and is untraceable, even if you get real close (not if you cake it on though!). It leaves me with a very matte finish and does not feel heavy on the skin. I'm a guy so it's very important that I look natural and with this powder I do look natural. Another great thing about this powder is the price. I payed like 125kr for it which is roughly about $20 and that's not bad at all! The only problem I have with the product is the packaging. The lid it comes with is way to small to swirl your powder brush into. Therefor I end up putting product on the back of my hand instead. But other then that it's basically perfect!

on 7/29/2012 5:29:00 PM

I really thought I would like this powder but I found it to be... finely-milled but a little gritty? Or maybe you can say it had a chalky feel to it. Hard to explain but it just didn't go on smoothly for me. I like to think of myself as someone who can make alot of things work but I didn't like the way it looked on my oily skin. I tried it on top of Revlon ColorStay and Whipped foundation but I began to see separating and then it just turned gross. I tried it with different powder brushes by sweeping it on or pushing it in but still didn't work. I really wanted it to work. I know alot of people love it but I'm just not one of them.

Recommended for Normal Skin