July 25, 2014 | 2004 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by rubysubi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

A pale yellowish powder, finely milled, sets foundation amazingly without giving coverage. Photographs beautifully. A little bit of powder goes a long way, too. On regular days, I use this powder instead of my MUFE HD powder.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by chuugle

I just realized that I've been using this for years! I bought the 3oz shaker bottle and I just keep refilling an old sifter jar for daily use. It has great oil absorption and has never caused me to break out. This is such a great deal b/c I probably paid $6-10 for it years ago and I still haven't run out! I stray from Ben Nye every now and then b/c I'm a product junkie and I'm always looking for something better and shinier, but I always come back to this staple.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by facebylace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ben Nye products have never disappointed me. Banana Visage powder is a very pale yellow powder, finely milled. This powder sets your foundation so it will not budge. It will definitely not provide any coverage, but if you're looking for a good undereye powder or all over face powder this is definitely a product you want to try. You don't have to use much product at all, so it will last you forever.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I love Ben Nye for their powders. One of my favorite powders is the Neutral Set.. its amazing and lasts FOREVER. Well, I decided to try this one too because I wanted a powder that has a hint of color in it. The color is like a peachy yellow. I ALWAYS use this to set my makeup under my eyes so my concealer won't cake. Because of the yellow tone, it helps conceal my under eye circles even better (yellow cancels out purple). It only adds a tiny hint of color.. I use this all over my face as well and it doesn't alter the color of my makeup. It just makes everything look even better. I love the texture of this, its very silky. And you can pack this on and your face won't look like a powder puff. Great quality for the price. Ever since I've discovered Ben Nye powders, I stopped using my MAC Blot Powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Aque

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. Its pretty much a dupe of the Leclerc Banane powder at a fraction of the price, about $6 for a 1.5 oz (42 g) shaker bottle of beautifully fine, silky powder that goes on like a dream. I wear this "neat" in the summer when I've got a tan or when I want to warm up my skin tone (this powder is a tiny bit too yellow for me in the winter); I've also used this to custom correct other loose powders that needed a little more yellow added to them, mixed it with Ben Nye's translucent Neutral Set powder & use it on its own to set concealer.

On the skin its one of the nicest finishing powders I've ever found, gives a lovely non-shimmery, polished look, mattifies all day with minimal touchups, works well with the yellow tones in my skin & is very good at neutralizing any redness I have. If this color (Banana) doesn't work for your skin tone, do check out the other color options - the Visage Poudre is wonderful stuff & worth the hassle of tracking it down. The shaker bottle this is packaged in is great for transporting product without spills, & I like that it doesn't have any extra bits & pieces of cardboard/plastic etc to discard, but is mildly annoying when it comes to actually applying product - you can shake it onto a puff, but I invested in a medium MAC sifter jar & just pour a little out as needed into that & then apply with a regular powder brush. Would rebuy in a heartbeat when needed, but a small bottle lasts forever, so that's a rare event.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Aque

Love this stuff. Its pretty much a dupe of the Leclerc Banane powder at a fraction of the price, about $6 for a 1.5 oz (42 g) shaker bottle of beautifully fine, silky powder that goes on like a dream. I wear this "neat" in the summer when I've got a tan or when I want to warm up my skin tone (this powder is a tiny bit too yellow for me in the winter); I've also used this to custom correct other loose powders that needed a little more yellow added to them, mixed it with Ben Nye's translucent Neutral Set & its perfect on its own to set concealer or color correctors. On the skin its one of the nicest finishing powders I've ever found, gives a lovely non-shimmery, polished look, works well with the yellow tones in my skin & is very good at neutralizing any redness I have. If this color (banana) doesn't work for your skin tone, do check out the other color options - the Visage Luxury powder is wonderful stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2008 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Tamira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I do not believe I never reviewed this. This became a staple for me YEARS ago! It looks amazing on my complexion (and I think it would for anyone who has rich golden hued skin). It balances out any extra red/pink in my foundation (even the closest match has it's flaws) and makes me look airbrushed and healthy and glow-y and not pale or yellow at all! Love this stuff! It cot next to nothing... I forgot how much I loved this stuff until I saw it reviewed here. I'll have to dig it ut and revisit it with my newer foundations!

And I finally found a store that carries Ben Nye foundations in all textures and colors, so I'm off to play and I will review those shortly! ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2008 4:40:00 PM More reviews by hmag7386

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I probably never would've picked this up had it not been for the reviews here, because you can't exactly pick this up in a drugstore or department store. But it's worth the trip at any rate. Ben Nye knows how to make a high quality powder at a great price. I dabbed my powder brush in this and kind of held my breath as I put it on since I was a bit scared. However, I was really happy to find that I couldn't even see it on my face after just brushing it on, it blended that well. It has great mattifying qualities, which is exactly what I need now that I'm in a stable moisturizing/sunscreen routine. It doesn't dry out my skin and stays put as soon as I put it on. It lasts and lasts and lasts. I'm curious to see if the translucent powder performs the same way, but either way, I'll be keeping this one around for awhile. It does come packaged in a bottle that makes me go rawr, but I bought one of those $4 empty powder pots from Sephora and dumped this in, and use a kabuki brush to apply it. Works great! It's also fragrance free, which I'm real happy about because my previous loose powder was overpowering. I'm not sure how this would look on pink undertones so I can't speak for it... if nothing else I would try this same powder in the translucent. You can't beat the price at $10 for a whole bottle. What a dream! The only thing I wouldn't recommend this for is for setting undereye concealer, particularly Ben Nye concealer which is already thick and too cakey for under the eyes. This powder will only intensify it, and the yellow color will definitely show up. But since I just use this to reduce shine on my face, I love it.

UPDATE: After using this powder more thoroughly and repeatedly, I think the yellow color may be just a little too much for my fair complexion, so one lippie off. I've begun putting my makeup on in natural lighting as well and I can clearly see the subtle cast it puts on my skin. That said, that's the only problem I have with this- it's still a great mattifier and a great deal. It does help my skin color a bit because I do have yellow undertones, but all over my face it's too much. I decided to try the Cameo Visage Poudre and that is a much better color choice. Completely invisible color and still has the superior mattifying qualities. This Cameo color is almost identical to Ben Nye's Fair Translucent Powder as well, only the Fair is slightly more pigmented. Both of them work perfect, and I'm sticking with them!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 9:48:00 PM More reviews by kreativexm

I just bought this 2 days ago, and omg i love it. Moisturize, prime, foundation application and then apply this afterwards-the results are amazing. It's pretty messy at first, but I would definately buy this again. For me and my oily skin...this works for the matte flawless look I have always wanted. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 12:55:00 AM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Perfect finely milled powder to apply over my creme foundation. Removes shine without adding any color or looking ashy. Works on a variety of ethnicities with yellow undertones; LLL to MMM. Huge shaker bottle for $6. Will always be in my kit. (DDD NW45ish, HIP820, or Black Opal 'Nutmeg')