August 30, 2014 | 1756 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product with the expectation that it would give my NC15 complexion a slight boost or "glow." The powder itself was a bit difficult to blend, and I found that you have to apply it very carefully (and with a light hand!) to avoid looking cakey or patchy. The color, unfortunately, was a bit too yellow for my fair skin and the result appeared somewhat sallow. Of course, I have pink undertones naturally, so I suspect this would work much better for someone with yellow undertones. The packaging was difficult to work with, and I ended up having to pour the product into an empty MAC compact. I don't necessarily think this product is worth a negative review, however, I wasn't that impressed. I was hoping this would work, but I'll be sticking with my MAC blot powder in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by khymm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

my HG loose powder! I use this to set my foundation and concealer. I just love how it prevents it from creasing and fading.

for my full review and swatches of the banana visage & neutral set:

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by ahraffarha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

You have to use this very sparingly, if you use too much you will look scaly.

Best powder I have ever used to set my foundation. Translucent powders give me a white cast because I have very strong yellow undertones. This doesn't! Plus the bottle will last forever. Seriously.

$7 for 1.5 oz on makeupmania.com

EDIT: can't help it but I end up looking scaly... grr. So this only gets a 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by RawCreoleGoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this powder! I'm a NC 45 and I use this to set my foundation. I use it to take the shine off of Mac's MSF in dark.

I also use this when I am just wearing concealer to set it. Works Perfectly.

Not expensive at all. I had to find it on ebay. It comes in a talc shaker bottle and I just shake it onto a tissue.

A great value and I this is a STAPLE of mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by rubysubi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

A pale yellowish powder, finely milled, sets foundation amazingly without giving coverage. Photographs beautifully. A little bit of powder goes a long way, too. On regular days, I use this powder instead of my MUFE HD powder.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by chuugle

I just realized that I've been using this for years! I bought the 3oz shaker bottle and I just keep refilling an old sifter jar for daily use. It has great oil absorption and has never caused me to break out. This is such a great deal b/c I probably paid $6-10 for it years ago and I still haven't run out! I stray from Ben Nye every now and then b/c I'm a product junkie and I'm always looking for something better and shinier, but I always come back to this staple.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by facebylace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ben Nye products have never disappointed me. Banana Visage powder is a very pale yellow powder, finely milled. This powder sets your foundation so it will not budge. It will definitely not provide any coverage, but if you're looking for a good undereye powder or all over face powder this is definitely a product you want to try. You don't have to use much product at all, so it will last you forever.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I love Ben Nye for their powders. One of my favorite powders is the Neutral Set.. its amazing and lasts FOREVER. Well, I decided to try this one too because I wanted a powder that has a hint of color in it. The color is like a peachy yellow. I ALWAYS use this to set my makeup under my eyes so my concealer won't cake. Because of the yellow tone, it helps conceal my under eye circles even better (yellow cancels out purple). It only adds a tiny hint of color.. I use this all over my face as well and it doesn't alter the color of my makeup. It just makes everything look even better. I love the texture of this, its very silky. And you can pack this on and your face won't look like a powder puff. Great quality for the price. Ever since I've discovered Ben Nye powders, I stopped using my MAC Blot Powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Aque

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. Its pretty much a dupe of the Leclerc Banane powder at a fraction of the price, about $6 for a 1.5 oz (42 g) shaker bottle of beautifully fine, silky powder that goes on like a dream. I wear this "neat" in the summer when I've got a tan or when I want to warm up my skin tone (this powder is a tiny bit too yellow for me in the winter); I've also used this to custom correct other loose powders that needed a little more yellow added to them, mixed it with Ben Nye's translucent Neutral Set powder & use it on its own to set concealer.

On the skin its one of the nicest finishing powders I've ever found, gives a lovely non-shimmery, polished look, mattifies all day with minimal touchups, works well with the yellow tones in my skin & is very good at neutralizing any redness I have. If this color (Banana) doesn't work for your skin tone, do check out the other color options - the Visage Poudre is wonderful stuff & worth the hassle of tracking it down. The shaker bottle this is packaged in is great for transporting product without spills, & I like that it doesn't have any extra bits & pieces of cardboard/plastic etc to discard, but is mildly annoying when it comes to actually applying product - you can shake it onto a puff, but I invested in a medium MAC sifter jar & just pour a little out as needed into that & then apply with a regular powder brush. Would rebuy in a heartbeat when needed, but a small bottle lasts forever, so that's a rare event.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Aque

Love this stuff. Its pretty much a dupe of the Leclerc Banane powder at a fraction of the price, about $6 for a 1.5 oz (42 g) shaker bottle of beautifully fine, silky powder that goes on like a dream. I wear this "neat" in the summer when I've got a tan or when I want to warm up my skin tone (this powder is a tiny bit too yellow for me in the winter); I've also used this to custom correct other loose powders that needed a little more yellow added to them, mixed it with Ben Nye's translucent Neutral Set & its perfect on its own to set concealer or color correctors. On the skin its one of the nicest finishing powders I've ever found, gives a lovely non-shimmery, polished look, works well with the yellow tones in my skin & is very good at neutralizing any redness I have. If this color (banana) doesn't work for your skin tone, do check out the other color options - the Visage Luxury powder is wonderful stuff.