Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

4.3

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

on 11/5/2012 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am an NC25-30, Asian, and very oily. I love how this powder sets my under eye concealer as well as helps brighten that area. I also notice that it lasts quite a long time despite the fact that most concealer slides off my under eye in quite a few hours. This has definitely helped in the longevity of my concealers and also smooths out any edges and helps brighten my eyes. It doesn't set into my fine lines either. I just buy the smallest tub it comes in, pour a hint out into the cap and dab a large blending brush in and pat onto my concealer to set. Considering what I use this for, the tub will last me quite a while. Glad I was curious and gave this a shot after hearing how some people use it as a highlighter. Great product and I would totally repurchase if I run out!

on 11/4/2012 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This powder is my HG!

It has a silky-fine texture and leaves a satin finish. Not quite matte; but with a subtle glow. The hint of colour is PERFECT for someone like me who has never found a foundation yellow enough. Foundations have come close to my skin shade but the tone is always off; too orange, pink etc. Adding this powder on top corrects that tone and my foundations match me better. Not to mention my skin feels so soft and looks so natural.

I have been using this product for months and have never experienced any caking, or it settling into any fine lines. My makeup lasts all day and I don't get oily for at least 8-9 hours.

The only complaint I have is with the packaging. The holes on the sifter are too big and too much powder comes out when tilted.

I paid less than $10 CAD for 1.5 oz. at a local theatre supply store.

The price can't be beat for quality like this.

on 11/4/2012 9:17:00 PM

I love this product! This product sets in your makeup and makes it last women! My makeup looks fresh all day with this product, and its great for the camera as well.
Thanks to Mario Dedivanovic, apparently world wide supplies are running low, and vendors have been limited as to what number we can get per month.
If you need a product that is long lasting this is the one! It has a nice hint of yellow and im always receiving compliments about my skin everytime i wear it. Its cheap and i use it everyday, and the bottle is still 3/4 full.
If you haven't already tried this product, you are missing out...go out and purchase one right now!

on 11/4/2012 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I use this for the brightened under eye concealer look when I'm going out for a night on the town. I like it, because it gives me the brightened under eye concealer look without making me look ashy. I do not use this everyday. I only use this to set my under eye concealer. I'm a NC50. I purchased the 8oz container that a screw on lid, so I'm sure this will last me at least a year since I don't use it everyday.

on 10/8/2012 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS POWDER!!! I am a MAC nc40 for ref. and this setting powder is AMAZING for medium-darker skin toned ladies. It doesn't leave a white cast like some "translucent" powders have done. I would repurchase in a heart beat I never want to be without this powder again. If your a medium and higher skintone try this powder under your eyes to set a brightening concealer and you will wonder how you lived with out this powder. I give it a 3 for packaging because the sifter tends to waste alot, but for the amazing price I cant complain.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I have given this product a 4 for packaging because I actually like (not love) the bottle with the talcum powder style tap out lid. Alot of members dislike this because of wastage but what I do is tap some out on a tissue and apply with a brush. I find that there is little left on the tissue at the end so I don't think I've wasted much. Plus for the price, wastage isn't an issue - 1 lippie for price! Its a 4 not a 5 for packaging because for loose powder I do like the Smashbox 'grater' system, which they use for their halo powder (in the yellow it is a very similar product to the banana powder but for double the price).
This is really cheap and if you find it BUY IT because worldwide stocks are low - due to everyone knowing that Kim Kardashian's MUA uses this on her. I am super scared that Ben Nye will raise their prices so have bought a big jar.
As a setting/finishing powder, I love this. I don't want to ever use another one and the reason is I have yellow toned Asian skin and for me, even a translucent powder will give me a white cast - this doesn't. It is absolutely gorgeous, doesn't look powdery, doesn't sit on the skin. Looks amazing even before setting spray! I can set foundation and concealer with this without an issue, it looks fine under the eyes.
A little goes a long way with this - so very well worth the money! I think I paid $15 for the bigger jar from Limelight.
Some ppl have said this neutralises red in their face. I personally don't think the yellow in it is strong enough for all that, but it is better than translucent.
If you are yellow toned like me, you will really love this.

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60, BeneFit Champagne, Bobbi Brown #4, MUFE Sand/Desert
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

on 9/17/2012 7:19:00 PM

I thought I hit the jackpot with the Ben Nye Neutral Set. Not even close. I'm fair with cool/neutral undertones, and the Banana Powder gave me the slightest but most beautiful cast possible. It doesn't give me a yellow cast - more of a luminous glow if that makes any sense. I applied my cream foundation, dusted on the Ben Nye Banana Powder with a large powder brush - being careful to press the foundation into my t-zone. I then followed with a dampened BeautyBlender (dampened with MAC Fix+) which I lightly stippled across my face just to eradicate any hint of powder and voila! A perfect complexion the moment I walked out the door. Then my face was subjected to the heat and humidity of summer in Miami. After a mechanical issue with my car, running up and down 4 flights of stairs, and finally returning home, my hair and clothes were drenched with perspiration. I looked in the mirror, and my face had beads of sweat but no oil, no shine. The color and finish remained flawless. How is that possible??? I need to go revise my previous reviews on other powders. This is unquestionably Holy Grail status. I purchased the small sifter just to give it a try, but I'm ordering a tub of this stuff at the moment. I will never be without this again.

on 9/15/2012 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I was very suspicious about this for some reason when I saw the Kim Kardashion related picture on Facebook . I rushed out to buy it, supposedly buying the last bottle in stock in Houaton , TX, the 4th largest city in the us! But I do have to say I am so impressed! Dusted it over MAC prolong foundation in NC20 and wore it to a movie I knew I would cry my eyes out in, odd life of Timothy green. I usually just wipe my tears with my hands because I don't want to tear my makeup off, but I actually brought tissue with me after hearin about this movie. After dabbing my tears for 30 minutes, I just knew I would be embarrassed when the movie was over and I went into the restroom to freshen up. Unbelievably, my makeup under my eyes as well as all my black eyeliner and eyeshadow under my eyes was in place as if I had never shed one single tear!! I couldn't believe it! And living in Houston TX with high humidity levels, I need this to keep makeup and full coverage on my face and this is IT! HG!!!!!!!!!!!

on 9/14/2012 12:08:00 PM

Medium Tan Asian, yellow undertones
Mac Foundation Shade NC35, C4
Combination Skin, oily at t-zone & dry at cheeks

I got this product in the smaller once, since I have ordered it online and didn't know if my skin would like it or not. The product is still very abundant, and I can't even imagine finishing it any time soon since I don't wear makeup daily. The colour is very yellow and thus is sort of a brightening and color correcting powder, which blots oil very well. I just love this product so much, but the packaging really just brings it down to a 4 out of 5. I find it very inconvenient to use, but still love the application of it.

on 9/13/2012 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is great. It's the first powder that I've used that doesn't look cakey or ashy. Gives a nice look and blends well. The price is great. The packaging is not great, I tend to waste a lot of product with the little shaker top. But since is the first powder that actually works with my yellow undertone Med dark skin tone I will continue to purchase.