April 21, 2014 | 1856 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2006 9:30:00 PM More reviews by blueaygi

this loose powder along with the neutral set powder are awesome! i mix the two and it gives me awesome results. I used to become oily within 2-3 hours of applying my foundation but now i can go almost the entire day without using my oil blotting papers! i can also use GA LSF foundation again! i absolutely love the coverage that LSF gives me but ever since my skin has gotten oily i haven't been able to use GA LSF because i was oily in a matter of minutes. i just make sure to apply the mix of loose powders to the places i applied LSF and my skin is oil free for hours! my only gripe is that the containers are hard to work with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2006 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Chena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE this stuff. I use it everyday. Amazing on my oily yellow toned asian skin. Very finely milled. Wish it came in a pressed form as well, but it works so well I rarely have to touch up.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2006 6:23:00 AM More reviews by cosmetiholic

I had read several times about how wonderful this product was. Well I searched and searched and finally tracked it down at a costuming supply shop. Not only did it smell bad, it was very, very dry and unbelievably YELLOW. I don't mean "take away redness and neutralize yellow" either. I mean straight-up ugly Big Bird freakin' yellow. This stuff was awful. I'd rather do completely without powder forever than have to use this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2006 7:43:00 PM More reviews by jzang

Really great stuff. It's finely milled and looks natural on my Asian skin. I actually don't think it's that matt. I have combination skin, and by the afternoon, my forehead is oily. The only thing I don't like is that it's a shaker bottle. I can't seem to get the stuff out without spilling it all over the place.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2005 12:52:00 PM More reviews by JeenatheeRawks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this powder and use it every day. It doesn't change the color of my skin or foundation, and it makes my skin satiny, not dry and matte. I prefer it to the Sonia Kashuk I used to use. Love the price, too. Though I like the packaging, I can see how it can be inconvenient. I just transferred some powder into a small Sephora sifter. Problem solved. :) I'd recommend this powder to anybody.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2005 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Seclusae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

GENERAL DESCRIPTION Light yellow loose powder. Comes in different sizes, from 1.5 to 3 ounces. Around $7-$10, respectively.

PACKAGING Banana Visage comes in a shaker bottle that works the same way as a pepper/salt dispenser. I have mixed feelings about it. At home, it is inconvenient because I have to tap powder into a separate container I can dip my powder brush into. However, the shaker bottle works very well for travel. The packaging makes it a lot less likely that you will end up with powder flying around when you take off the cap.

COLOR Banana Visage has a noticeable neutral yellow color. It looks fantastic on my medium gold Asian skintone. It makes my face look more radiant whereas other loose powders can leave a dull white cast.

TEXTURE Ooh. This powder is very finely-milled. It is most definitely comparable to high-end loose powders. When the bottle is shaken, the loose powder moves almost like a liquid.

APPLICATION Due to the finely-milled texture, the powder goes on evenly and sheerly. I cannot see it looking cakey unless you apply a lot of it on tacky foundation or really oily skin. This powder does not come with an applicator. A powder brush is the best option, in my opinion.

FINISH An even, soft matte. It is fantastic for setting foundation and for absorbing oil.

SCENT No noticeable scent.

LASTING POWER I have noticed that my face stays matte longer since I have used this powder.

OVERALL This is a fantastic product. The price is just right, the sizes are very generous and the quality is through the roof. I will definitely repurchase in about a year when I actually finish it. :-P
continued >>

31 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2005 10:59:00 PM More reviews by pamv03842

I love everything about this powder except the packaging - a shaker bottle!?! I pour a tablespoon or so into a wide container with a cover every month or two so I can dip at it with my powder brush. The finish is very natural and I find that I don't have to apply my pressed powder during the day very much (except my nose gets a little shiny). Great stuff, lasts forever, and the price is right!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2005 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Londonfan

A lovely fine-milled powder in a gorgeous yellow color (not too obvious). I take one lippy off because it feels a tad dry on my skin (but I spritz my face with water to relieve that). I want to try more of Ben Nye's powders...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2004 3:17:00 AM More reviews by tayberry15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great color for Asian women. Good for oily skin. The price is perfect, $4.00! Hate the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2004 5:54:00 AM More reviews by PoshPaperDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Translucent powder w/ a bit of a yellow tint to it! So far this is my holy grail loose powder w/ cornsilk in 2nd place. I still want to try the shu powders though! Anywho, I adore this. I can see that if worn over a very pale foundations it can give the face a yellow look but that can be avoided w/ the right application. I paid $6.50 for this. (GGG here)