July 24, 2014 | 1710 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by cherryred14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I simply adore this scent. It works great with my body chemistry, stays all day (and all night) long, is sophisticated, but not old lady-ish. Now I wish I could wear it, but I hate to smell as every other girl.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by emirh917

I like this fragrance because it is warm and sophisticated (without being old - finding it was quite a hunt). The stuff is powerful, though, so I have to apply with caution. It's long-lasting and sensual, so I only use it when I really want to stand out. The bottle is classy and simple. the more I wear this, the more I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by meowsers2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What a fabulous perfume. Nice and light. A little bit floral, a little bit musky. The olfactory counterpart to the understated elegance of neutral colors. lol.
I have had this in my collection for almost 2 years. I know a lot of young women wear it, but it's an instant classic, IMHO.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by waddlecakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really nice fragrance, but boring boring boring. You smell it on absolutely everybody (at least, here in the UK you do. Perhaps it has more cachet in America?). In fact, I didn't even know that I already knew this perfume, until I tested it and went ''Oh yeah. That's what every single 25 year-old girl wears''. Common, in that respect. I think people shell out for this because it's ''Chanel'' and they want to feel expensive, when in fact loads of perfume houses do similarly light, fresh, sweet perfumes like this, at a fraction of the cost.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by underage

Such a beautiful fragrance. My favorite Chanel perfume used to be Chance but this has easily replaced it! I'm in my very early 20's so I don't want anything too heavy or grandma. This is perfect. Just enough sweetness but still super classy. I think I will love this perfume forever! It's very expensive but you don't need a lot. It could have better staying power but not bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 4:59:00 AM More reviews by graciezac

I like this perfume but not as much on me as when I sprayed it in the store. I prefer to use it for a special occasion or at night as it can be overpowering. It has terrific staying power and often receives compliments, it's just to heavy on me to wear daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 2:43:00 AM More reviews by glamglamglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've had an obsession with this perfume for a year now. I originally smelled it at Sephora, loved it, but decided it was just a little too expensive for me, being a student and all. The other day at Nordstrom, I sprayed it on myself and loved the smell all day. Honestly, the next morning, I woke up and smelled it on my hair and loved it. I've decided to just bite the bullet and buy this with my Christmas bonus. I am 19 though, so I do enjoy a floral scent, but this may not be right for women who are looking for something more musky.
EDIT: Bought this a few days ago and absolutely love it! The only downside is that I usually smell it on myself more than others smell it on me. If I spray four times, people can smell it, but they have to be close to me. I don't want to smell too strong, but you can only smell this on me if you're super close. I still love it though, and will wear it every day until I get sick of it (Although, for $125 dollars, I won't be getting sick of it soon).

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by carissarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really trying to love this. I enjoy how it smells in the bottle, slightly musky yet sweet and feminine with a little bit of floral, but on me- that sweet floral bit completely vanishes within 10 minutes and I'm left with a strong, musky, 'dirty' smell that mildly resembles moth balls. I don't know what it is, but SOMETHING about how this perfume smells I find utterly creepy. Yes, creepy is the word. I don't see how this is popular at all. And this is one of the 'younger' Chanel fragrances! I only did 2 sprays on the wrist, and rubbed it in with the other. At first I love it, but within 10 minutes it gets more musky and then develops nowhere. After spraying my arms with rubbing alcohol and wiping with paper towels, I finally got the scent off, but I'm not sure completely. It is about 11 hours later from when I sprayed it, and there is a slight hint of what may be Mademoiselle that I like, but I can't remember if I put anything on after it. I'm so, so torn on this scent. Maybe it's just too strong for my body chemistry? Maybe I need to just do ONE quick spritz, and see what happens from there? Beneath the intoxicating sweetness of this perfume lies a stinky odor that I find nauseating. Very confused. I will update this review for further opinions.

UPDATE 2/5/2012: I came upon Dior's 'Miss Dior Cherie' and found that MDC smells almost exactly the same as Coco Mademoiselle but not as heavy and 'dirty'. It has that apparent patchouli scent that I love about Coco mademoiselle but it's more sweet and light. The only downside is that is doesn't last as long as Coco but I'm willing to sacrifice as the scent is exactly what I wished Coco Mademoiselle smelt like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by LookingGood85

LOVE this perfume. So elegant yet fun!!!!! Its on my gift wishlist lol!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Haley_Comet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT:
I am changing my mind from my original review (below). Last night I put 1...just 1 and omg I got so sick from a terrible scent enduced headache! I was scrubbing my arms trying to get it off but the damage was done. This stuff is too darn strong. I am not sure how many ppl can wear this in public without incredibly irritating everyone in their school, office, ...mall....where ever they go. It is so strong. Terrible. You want to wear a purfume...not the perfume wearing you!

This stuff smells like liquid heaven.

It is a little strong - I just have 1 squirt on right now and that is more then enough. I wish it was just a smidge weaker. I am wearing the EDP ...maybe the EDT would be a bit softer. I don't think this is a scent you would wear to school or the workplace by any meanas.

I am not sure about the whole marketing to the younger 'coco generation'...to me there is nothing youthful about this scent. It is not granny any way but it is a more ...mature scent IMO ...