Clinique Exfoliating Scrub

4.3

INGREDIENTS: water\aqua\eau [] glyceryl stearate [] polyethylene [] hexylene glycol [] disodium cocoamphodiacetate [] disodium oleamido mipa-sulfosuccinate [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] salicylic acid [] menthol [] stearamidoethyl diethylamine [] methylparaben [] propylparaben [] titanium dioxide

on 6/22/2007 11:33:00 AM

I cannot live without a good scrub. I need a scrub that can really shed a layer or two of my skin off without turning my sensitive skin red. I used to use Origin Modern Microderm, it's very paste-y, so you really need to scrub your skin. Although it was a good cleaning action, it made my skin red and irritated, not to mention all that harsh pulling.

Now, this exfoliating scrub came only because I wanted to get a free gift set and need to make a purchase (you know you do it!) I was out of scrub and god knows I can't live without it - I scrub every other day. At first, I love the fine grains in it, that's how you get your skin real clean and clear down to the pore. Then I loved the cooling action. It's a summer and I love anything and everything menthol on my body.

I scrub in the shower after I have put conditioner in my hair. I stick my head out of the shower and pat my face light with a towel (so it's not too wet for the scrub), then I just gently scrub away. There shouldn't be too much pressure put on your face while you scrub, just like the grain do the work. It's the best feeling in the world, when you come out of the shower, your face is so cool and fresh and smooth. It's just enough friction to get the dirty stuff off without pulling your skin. It's not drying at all and your face is not burning. Good stuff!

on 6/16/2007 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love a good scrub and this my one of my favorites. I have been using it every morning and sometimes in the evening too with no irritation for a few weeks now. It really smoothes and polishes my skin and (I think) helps keep it clear. I wish there wasn't quite so much menthol in the scrub, as it is almost too icy and cooling on my skin, but on the other hand, it really helps clear my sinuses - lol, so I guess it is a great multi-purpose product too.

on 6/5/2007 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using Clinique's 7 Day Scrub Rinse Off Formula for two years now, and I decided to try this one out. This one works a lot better than the 7 day scrub. My skin has never looked and felt so smooth. I have acne prone skin, and this scrub does not irritate my skin at all, if anything it has made it better. The 7 day scrub is best for those with dry skin, because it is a cream. This one is great for oilier skins and the menthol is great for summer days. I will probably rotate using the 7 day scrub and this one, because this one may seem too harsh to use everyday.

on 5/29/2007 4:10:00 PM

OMG I love this scrub so freaking much! I have been using it since I was at least 16 or younger and I always go back. Now days I don't need it as much as I use to since my skin isn't oily but it's still a great scrub.
No other scrub I've used seems to "scrub" as much as this stuff does and it leaves your skin tingly. I love the smell as well!
My HG!

on 4/7/2007 5:18:00 AM

This is THE scrub! :D:D:D I have been using this product for years and I will continue to use it as long as I could. Top product for oily and combination skin. Might be to harsh for dry skin though.

on 4/4/2007 3:17:00 AM

This is my HG face scrub! Finally Clinique has manage to do a good skin care product ;)
This is a wonderfull face scrub that doesnt break me out. It polishes away dull skin and makes my face soft and fresh. Has menthol in it that gives a super-refreshing feeling to the face, I just love it! The scrub contains lots of small grains that arent too harsh on my skin. Allthough I can see how this scrub wouldnt suit anyone with *EXTREME* sensitive skin.

I use "exfoliating scrub" once a week. I start with a steam bath for about 10-15 min, then I take a little dab (like a pea) of this scrub and massage it on the skin in small cirkular motions. Then I rinse my face. Et voilá! My face is clean, polished and fresh and not just right after exfoliating, the freshness last and last and last.. :)

(FYI I have dry/combination skin type that is prone to breakouts) continued >>

on 3/20/2007 10:26:00 AM

This scrub is awesome. It makes my skin feel like silk. I absolutely love the way it tingles - I can definitely see how it would be too harsh for people with sensitive skin, but mine is oily and non-sensitive, and this scrub feels wonderful first thing in the morning. It makes my skin smooth and also helps my pores look smaller. My new HG scrub!

this stuff practically lit my face on fire. way too harsh.

on 2/16/2007 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is my HG scrub, along with Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant. In the past I have used it every day, and found it gentle enough, but now I use it once or twice a week, and I can really see the difference when I step out of the shower. My skin looks brilliant after using it. The pepperminty smell is really invigorating, and I love the paste formulation, which doesn't dissolve in wet hands like liquids/gel can. My one gripe is that after a while the grains mean you can't snap the lid closed, no matter how much you try to clean them off, so it gets water in it, and doesn't travel well. It lasts quite a while as well. Incidentally, I use the men's version - it has exactly the same ingredients (last time I checked anyway) and is cheaper :-D . With the women's you pay extra for the more cheerful packaging!

on 1/30/2007 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Wow! I Love This Scrub! Got this as a sample and then later that week I purchased two full size tubes. It has menthol, which makes it so refreshing. There is salicylic acid in it to keep breakouts at bay and the scrubing grains are so fine yet so noticeable and effective for clearing current breakouts. You should work in a circular motion and really work it in for a few minutes before rinsing off. Feels like an even more expensive microdermabrasion treatment only for less and much more convenient. GREAT PRODUCT.