October 21, 2014 | 1854 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

The absolute best product I've ever used on my lips, hands down. Flavors are delish. This is sooo hydrating and soothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by CoralSunrize

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the Unscented lip butter.

I was shopping for lotion and found these lip butters. I saw the raspberry rose, caramel and vanilla macadamia fragrances. They looked good but I'm highly allergic to scented lip products, even those with just vanilla.

The butter is extremely thick at first when you melt it onto your finger, but as you spread it on your lips it feels smooth,velvety and buttery but not too tacky and not too oily. It's perfect.

I love to slather it on at night as a nightly lip treatment after my shower while my hands are clean (due to unsanitary container, wish they had a squeeze tube!) and I wake up with supple, smooth lips. Plus, no breakouts or hives, what a great balm!

Nivea, please make these (and the unscented option) in a squeeze tube form..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this little tin of lippie goodness. I have it in the Vanilla and Macadamia kiss and it is so tasty and hydrating. I usually will put a thick amount on at bedtime and wake up with the softest lips. The tin isn't the most hygienic granted so I use this at night after i wash my hands. I wish they had this in a tube but I love the formula so hand washing it is because it's very soft lip butter.
I really love it though and will buy more because they do make my lips feel so good. The moisture you get is fantastic in my book.

This stuff helps my lips every time I get dehydrated and I feel it hydrates them from the inside which is excellent. It's a great product and the tin is very cute. I really like the whole thing. Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Mellaaayy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing. Only lip product by Nivea that I love. It is worth it. I have compulsive skin picking, and I am a lip balm queen. This makes my lips so soft and smooth. I have it in macadamia and vanilla kiss; the scent is mild.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm always looking for great lip balms. There are so many on the market now with so many claims that I get confused, so it's nice when a friend gifts you one to try out! I try to avoid petroleum based products just because they are more sealers than moisturizers imo. Although this one has petrolatum as the first ingredient it the product is bolstered with glycerin and seed oils which is nice. I have the Raspberry Rose Kiss which smells good, not overpowering. I will keep this in my night stand for application before bedtime. I don't like sticking my fingers into creams (germs) so using this before bedtime when my hands are clean is the perfect time. Will I purchase again? No. Too many other balms to try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

So this review is spicifically for the raspberry kiSs lip butter. This is the only one I have tried, in addition to the plain nivea lip butter, which came out long ago. For starters, I really like that the packaging of the lip butter because it is not bulky at all. Its super easy to throw in your makeup bag or purse and it won't take up a lot of space. I like that its totally flat, and I can throw it in my pocket too, without it looking bulky. After reading some of the reviews on here, many ended up not liking the packaging (or the little pot) like I do, because you have to use your finger to apply it. That doesn't really bother me much. Also, The formula of these lip butters not as thick as I thought it would be when I bought it. Don't get me wrong its is thicker than a regular lip balm but when you get it on your finger and put it on your lips, it ends up warming up a bit and thins out so it doesn't feel thick unless you apply it with several layers. It also has a pretty good lasting time. I can get almost two hours of wear time out of them before I really notice that its gone. However, once it does fade off your lips, it still draws in moisture and keeps your lips hydrated and smoothe. I love that I dont have to apply this ever half hour, unlike other lip balms. This nivea line comes in 5 amazing flavors, and each has a very slight tint of color. My raspberry had a slight pink/red tint, but didnt really show up as it turns up clear when you lather it on your lips. I think its cute that they have a tint of color, however it made it impossible to get my husband to try it. I even applied this right in front of him so he could see that it glides on clear- still a no go. I think some of the flavors should be made appealing to men, because they want their lips soft and hydrated too!
As far as where you can get these. I got mine a Wal Mart, however you can get them at any drugstore or big box store for abour $3.50, a little bit pricey for a lip balm... however, worth every single penny. Give it a try, with the variety of flavors- you are bound to find something you like.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by whitecatdisguised

I have the Vanilla & Macadamia... and omg. OMG. O.M.G THIS smell is REALLY similar to COOKIES! Very delicious.
Moisturises well, and yes I understand, it IS like a standard lip balm, but in a tin packaging. Which I'm not a fan of digging my finger in there and rubbing it on my lips. But I don't mind it. The smell really caught me.

I use this at night and it moisturises my lips the next day. Pretty pricey in Australia, about $6. But I didn't mind.
Smells awesome, works great!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2013 6:52:00 AM More reviews by st3f4n42srb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Way overhyped on youtube. I have the one in vanilla and macadamia & I don't get what's so great about it. It's just a standard lip balm... Everyone goes on about how amazing it smells, but it just smells like cocoa butter.. Nothing revolutionary. It's not extremely moisturising either and just sits on the lips, feeling heavy. It's okay when I wear it under my lipstick, but alone I can't stand that heavy feeling on my lips & I have to wipe it off.
Not crazy about the packaging either.
So overall, this product is just "meh". I'd definitely pass on it.

Edit: I've realised this also makes my lips peel every time I wear it. Sigh...
Edit #2: Used it yesterday and it made my lips so dry that they bled. They're still peeling and bleeding today, so I'm using a lip balm that actually works. I don't have dry lips btw, so just note that.

I need to throw this out =\

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by ajewelofgod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lip butter. I have it in Raspberry Rose and the scent smell so good. I would love it better if it taste just as good as it smell. I recommend this lip butter.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by melllm

Purchased in the original and vanilla/macadamia. Both have the same consistency - creamy but not too soft. Original doesn't have a scent and the vanilla/macadamia smells amazing. Reminds me of fresh baked cookies! I like how these feel on the lips though the staying power is not great (as with most balms) but I don't mind reapplying. Can leave a milky cast on the lips especially if your lips are super pigmented. I personally like the look and feel like it would work well over lipstick to tone down bold colors. Moisturizing enough for daily use but not as an intensive lip treatment. I would like to purchase the other two in the product line but can't seem to get my hands on them!