November 28, 2014 | 1935 users online

BB Cream - Revlon - Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by jolawjolaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this more than any foundation product I've ever used! It covers, but it's also hydrating. I have dry skin. The SPF is a plus as I always use sunscreen of at least SPF 30 anyway. I didn't notice any sparkle, and I bought it in light/medium. Have I mentioned that I love this?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Kday5161

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've never tried a bb cream and I had been wanting to try this for awhile. I found it at Kroger for $7.19 and got "Light." It has good coverage, but it is shimmery (which I don't like). I use a powder over it and it takes away some of the shimmer. Overall its a nice product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this and I'm debating whether to return it or not. As Elle said before me, it's just a tinted moisturizer. As such it's ok, but I guess you can say that about hundreds of others. It covers didly. Nothing. I can already tell it's going to start shining any time now (I just put it on). I got it in the lightest color and it's a good match ... as far as I can tell since it's so bloody sheer.

The reason why I'm debating returning it is because I think I'll spend more money on gas driving to Rite Aid than I'll save returning this. I honestly don't think it justifies another trip. I'll keep it among my "mixers." But I wish I hadn't bought it.

If you want a nice, light-cover, satiny moisturizer that won't make your face look like a basted turkey after 5 minutes, get Cover Girl and Olay 2-in-1 Tone Something or other (the one with the purple cap, not the new one). It's not a BB cream, so if you're after the trend, maybe it's not for you. But it's hands down the very best in its kind. I posted a review on that somewhere.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by ElleDuncan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't have to buy this.
Fortunately.
It's the photofinish BB cream that just came out (Canada) in Jan 2013.

So, I wore it all day, had to blot several times, felt it was kinda just gross on the skin.
And obviously it's not a real BB cream, we've all concluded that by now. The drugstore versions are essentially tinted moisturizers, so if that's the case, then at least give me a luxurious moisturizer. Ingredients are so-so. I'd sooner wear the revlon foundations that have better coverage and feel just the same on the skin.
Maybe I'm just not a Not-Real-BB-Cream fan.
LOL.

I've tried the "bb" creams by maybelline, l'oreal, revlon, marcelle, garnier, and most recently, the VIchy one. The Vichy one felt fine but colour was very apricot orangey yellow, just an odd colour that looked off. I wish we could get Neutrogena makeup in Canada, as I love their skincare (advanced / pricier stuff anyway.)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by HollyIvy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this in "Light" it was $10.99 in Ulta, had a 20% off coupon, so not too bad, was going to invest in Jane Iredale or Tarte versions, but decided to try this one first. My skin is very olive, and this Light has a bit of yellow in it, the Light/Medium looked too tan, I can always add bronzer if it's too light, this time of year it's fine, in the summer would have to go darker. This cream did a fab job of smoothing out my skin, with a nice matte finish, I have combo skin, oily in the T-Zone, dry on the cheeks, 6 hours later no shine, so I'm a happy camper. This BB is thick, but easy to spread, a little goes a long way.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by LipbalmQueen

I guess I'm one of the outliers that actually really likes this product. I have had fantastic luck with Revlon foundations in general (excluding liquid ColorStay), but I had low expectations for this. I don't buy into the whole "BB" trend, so I was just hoping it would be a thicker TM. I bought this in the lightest color, and it fits my NC20 skin well. (NOTE: If you are a Revlon CS Buff or Revlon PR Vanilla, this will be too dark for you). When I squeeze the bottle, a thick cream comes out. The consistency reminds me of Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. I own LM TM, and I actually like Revlon's BB cream better since it spreads easier. It covers up my redness easily and moisturizes my skin very well. I top it with Maybelline Dream Matte and I'm good until lunch time. I'd say I powder twice with this throughout the day -- whereas I was powdering 3-5 times with Bare Minerals foundation. One big PLUS about this, is that it covers my HUGE pores quite well. My skin looks porcelain and I love it. Good stuff. Will repurchase.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

This is by far the sparkliest BB cream I've ever tried, but that's to be expect from the PhotoReady line. It seems moderately hydrating and has moderate coverage. Nothing to write home about. SPF30 is a nice perk though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the concept of BB cream and I've been looking around for a good BB cream from an American-based company so that I can buy it from a drugstore rather than send overseas for it. I was thrilled when I saw that Revlon had come out with a BB cream because I have generally been highly impressed with the quality of their makeup. This product is my first exception to this impression. I was very disappointed in this product. The lightest shade was much too dark for my (very) fair skin, and the product itself was patchy and hard to blend once applied. Given that I use my fingers to apply face products, which is an almost foolproof way to do it, and I still struggled to apply it smoothly and evenly, it's clear that the quality of this product lacking. Very disappointed. The search continues.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is definitely one of the better US drugstore BB Creams, but unfortunately I don't think it's going to be a Holy Grail product for someone with oily skin. My skin is oily but due to the cold winter weather, is slightly dehydrated, so I'm really enjoying this product this winter. When the humid summer rolls back around however, I don't think it'll get as much love from me as it currently is.
First of all shade match - I was very worried that the lightest shade would be too dark for me, as that has been the case with a few BB Creams I've tried in the past (Garnier & Dr.Jart WaterFuse for example) but to my delight the lightest shade is an ideal match for my very pale, neutral leaning warm undertoned skin (I'd be somewhere between shades N10 and NC15 if I wore MAC)
Next onto the price & packaging - I do feel that it's a tad on the pricey side for "drugstore", but Revlon is one of the more expensive drugstore brands in general, and their foundations are typically more expensive than any of the others.
I paid just under $11 USD at my local Walgreens. &The packaging, it's so sleek, I really like it! A silver tube with a flat black cap.
The product itself is SO soft! I wanted to rub it all over my hands so I would quit touching my face! I still can't believe how soft this stuff makes my face feel :) I also have very acne/clog-prone skin &was quite worried I may end up with a break out from this. Usually anything that feels nice, soft, and silky (like this) ends up giving me a mountain of clogged pores or a straight up acne flare up. So I patch tested this product on my forehead for almost 2 weeks before I built up the nerve to use it all over my face (I'm a wuss, I know lol) &Now I'm disappointed that I didn't try it sooner! I'm that impressed.
Like said above, my skin is oily, but I use a few BHA & AHA treatments a week which tend to dry out my skin ever so slightly, especially during the winter. When my skin is feeling especially dry(dehydrated), I apply this and any dry patches or flakes are gone. With that being said I do typically need to blot after 5-6 hours of wear. Which isn't terrible (it's not like, sliding off my face or anything like that, just a little extra oily, specifically in my Tzone area) -but an oily Tzone isn't something that is typical for me this time of year. Blotting is usually something that I only need to do during the summer/warmer months so that is why I'm thinking that when the humid Pennsylvania summer comes back around I won't be able to wear it very long at all without having to blot, which will in turn most likely turn me away from it in general.. BUT, that's totally OK because I really needed something lightweight & moisturizing for winter. It makes me crazy when foundations or TM's enhance any dry patches (even if my dry patches are self-inflicted from dehydrating my skin with AHA/BHA) But knowing that I can rely on this to diminish those dry areas that I have from time to time is refreshing to know.
It is a very light coverage product which is ideal for daily wear since at this time I only have some minor discoloration to hide. For days when I need a more polished look(medium-to-full coverage) I can layer this with another light-medium coverage product to get that effect (I've already used Clinique Perfectly Real Powder Foundation & Maybelline PureStay Powder Foundation over this.) Both successfully creating full coverage for me.
Overall I'm quite pleased and plan to continue use for as long as I can, or as long as my oily skin will allow without getting "messy" oily ;) I've been highly recommending this left and right, especially to those with dry or dehydrated skin.
In my personal opinion, PhotoReady BB Cream is definitely a hit from Revlon and I do plan to repurchase, even if I'm only able to use it during winter, it's nice to know that I have around for that purpose :)

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by kennaem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just got this a few days ago in light medium. So far I love it! I don't have trouble with my skin, so this is perfect for me. It matches me perfectly! Totally recommend it to anyone!