September 21, 2014 | 1138 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by payphonesandcollarbones

I feel like most of the other mascaras from the Volum' Express line overshadow this one, but it deserves more of the limelight than it is shed. It's not the best in the line, but it's more than efficient. The sonic brush makes the lashes look thicker and more voluminous in the first couple of weeks I used it, but after a while it got pretty normal (or maybe I just got used to it, haha!). The packaging is super cute too! It's in a dark blue tube with neon pink writing. Was my favorite mascara for about three months, but I just got the Falsies one! I'll see how that fares.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by BigBeauty

Greatly lengthened and gave volume to my lashes, however it was clumpy and somewhat messy. I definitely will use up the rest of it but will not be repurchashing.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Kluvsx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Is this mascara really worth the hype? My answer is no. I have tried so many different mascaras (both drugstore and hight end) but I always come back to Maxfactor mascaras because they are just great.
Almost every beauty vlogger on YouTube was raving about the Rocket mascara, and since it was on sale in my local drugstore, I decided to buy it.
I didn't have much hope on this product, so I wasn't very disappointed when I tried it. The mascara doesn't give any "wow effect", actually it doesn't add my lashes neither length nor volume. It holds curl pretty good though and doesn't flake (at least in one coat). I got into a snowstorm one day and I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't give me that awkward "panda look" (not waterproof formula).
To sum up, it's an average mascara with good staying power (it will be hard to remove it with water). If you are a Maybelline fan or if your natural lashes have enough length and volume, than go for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by Blondemakeupaddict

Love this mascara! It makes my lashes super long, curly, and think without clumping or flaking. It lasts all day but is very easy to remove with a makeup remover towelette. Definitely my favorite of all the Maybelline mascaras!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Caleeesi

I bought this mascara in the hopes that I would like it more than the maybelline One By One mascara. I didn't. This made my top lashes look extremely underwhelming, even when curled. I have very long lashes and I like to ex entitle them. This mascara didn't hold the curl and I found it quite finicky to apply to my upper lashes. Too much struggle to get rid of clumps for less than exciting results. . However, it made my bottom lashes look incredible so I just use the rocket for my bottom lashes and I went back to the One By One for my top lashes. Not quite what I wanted, but I would still repurchase this product strictly for my bottom lashes

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by andinkd

I see a HG-to-be here;) a very nice, seriously non clumpy, curling, cleanly-volumizing, with neat & nice results! Absolutely love and about just the same as benefit's they're real... For 1/2 the price! It's really easy to cleap up too (for the non-waterproof ones) i use it with a top coat so it won't stick together and it stays but when i want to remove it, all i have to do is just pinch and pull my lashes gently (or clean it with makeup remover and a cotton pad)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by majenta619

when i first bought the tube, the formula was very wet. this was my first mascara ever, and i actually hated it for a little while. i had to keep working with it because of the formula and the little stubby bristles (which ive poked my eye with numerous times- not fun). after a few weeks, the formula got better. i eventually ended up not liking it because it made my lashes feel weird and crunchy even though i never put that much on. id always get quite a bit of product on the end of the pretty large wand, which would clump my long lashes.

this stuff doesnt really clump. it stayed ok- flaked a bit on me. i couldnt even put it on my bottom lashline however, so i dont really know if it smudges or not. it does add volume but not much length. i eventually ended up buying Loreal Millionize mascara and that one was my favorite for a very long time before i found Loreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions (obviously im a length and not much of a volume type of girl lol)

i think my main reason for not liking it was the formula- made my lashes feel crunchy is all. probably wouldnt repurchase if i had the choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Itsjustruthi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is literally the BEST Mascara in the World although at the beginning I had a rough time getting it off wit normal eye makeup remover but you have to try to get it with this Loreal Miceller solution thingy (just ran out of it so cant remember the name) but its the dupe for Bioderma. BUt back to the mascara you cant imagine what it does to your lashes they are looking fuller and longer and just BEAUTIFUL!m I have naturally long lashes and it really accentuates my lashes but a friend of mine who has really really short and non curly lashes tried it once and she loved it sooo freaking much it made her lashes sooo pretty!!!!

Overall i just wanted to say its defenitly worth a try

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by rachwalt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great mascara! Easy application, one coat is more than enough. Clumping is rare for this mascara, although it's definitely possible. Honestly, the only con is that the wand has a flat tip. If you apply with your right hand, it might be difficult to apply without getting mascara on your face! The packaging is cute, and results are noticeable.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I seriously wanted to like this product. The only good thing about this was it kept my eyelashes curled! But holy it was so difficult to remove even with my waterproof eyemakeup remover from several different brands. I also noticed that I was losing a lot of eyelashes when I wore this mascara :( it made my eyelashes so stiff, they were either falling out or breaking off. I also found the mascara tube too chubby. I wish their packinging was sleeker.