April 18, 2014 | 1341 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by hlovespearl

This mascara is not the best. It is a very black formula which I love and the packaging is really cute. What I didn't like us how this mascara made my eyelashes clump together. I thought it would really separate based off of the wand, but I didn't. It also made my eyelashes very brittle. I would definitely go for another maybelline mascara and pass this one up.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by urbanchicmua

I really liked this mascara the first time I used it. Lengthend well, added thickness to my lashes. Only problem is........it doesnt wash off!!!!! Even after washing my face with cleanser and using makeup remover it can take up to 3 days for it to actually come off and stop leaving black smudges under my eyes!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Directioner617

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good mascara!! It does volumize my lashes and lengthen them a bit so yeah its great! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by cosmie24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this mascara. A friend of mine kept telling me to try it and I never did. Then a few youtubers I watch were recommending it so I ended up buying it. No mascara's ever "wow-ed" me until I used this one. The formula glides on beautifully, it doesn't clump for me, doesn't flake, lasts all day and looks beautiful. Fantastic product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by jianing23

Please check out my review on youtube:

thought that this mascara was really similar to the lashblast and also Naturelux.

However compared to lashblast, it had more volume, less length.

i think it does everything my ideal mascara would do, however it does not hold a curl for me. maybe its just that its really wet on my lashes and weighs it a bit down? hoping that after a bit when it dries it will get better.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Sweetjulesxoxo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara was just disappointing. I got all excited and brought it and then bam! Disappointed. It's very very clumpy and flakes off very easily I would defiantly not recommend this to someone

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by rachelmacfarlanexo

HG mascara! absolutely love it!

It does a very good job at lengthening my lashes and has next to no clumps!! i do own this in water proof, since i have oily eyelids and mascaras usually smudge and transfer onto my lids. But this does not smudge no matter how long i wear it. It separates my lashes also, creating a nice fanned out look. if i apply at 8 in the morning, at 10 at night, it still looks freshly applied. the formula is quite wet, and i actually find that usefull to lengthen and seperate. Alot of girls have a problem with the wand being so big, but with me having very small eyes i have no problem at all!

Overall i loooove this and i definitely recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by chiamhuiy

The mascara brush is very different from the usual ones we see. The revolutionary ultra-sonic brush, which looks rather like tiny 'thorns', are really effective in brushing your lashes to keep them clean and less clumpy. They are actually micro bristles that are latched onto a rigid core, which allow easy application from your lash root to the tip. You know how mascara usually make your lashes clump together like some uncanny cockroach legs right.

Full review on

1. Price
Priced at a promotional price of S$18.90 for it's new introduction to the market, I think it's pretty alright because the same level competitors' mascaras are just a little less pricey. Besides, I think Maybelline has a good reputation in mascaras!

2. Effectiveness
Okay, let's be straightforward. The rocket mascara aims to achieve 3 different effects - Lengthening, clump-free and smudge-proof.

Lengthening: I would say many mascaras under Maybelline can easily lengthen your lashes, so I don't see anything unique about it.

Clump-free: Well this is pretty amazing because indeed, the lashes are less clumped together and look less like cockroaches' legs. In fact it gives rather clean and neat lashes!

Smudge-proof: I tried rubbing my eyes once very lightly and it seems like the mascara coating did not fall off, nor did they 'dirty' my eye area making them blackish. BUT here's the downside. If I rub slightly harder (which is probably what you would do if you forgot you are wearing makeup), the lashes will stick together a little, and some residues will fall off, like the photo shown below.

3. Uniqueness
Well I would say my view on this mascara is that there's nothing VERY unique about it, but it does really help in making the lashes neater and less clumpy. For the lengthening part, I believe other Maybelline's mascaras like the Volum' Express The Falsies Mascara can very well lengthen the lashes better.

The mascara can be easily removed too, which I think is a rather good point!

Regards,
Celine

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by GrainOfGold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works great with my lashes. Just like everyone else, difficult to remove. Unsure if I will purchase again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by itsiliii

THE GOOD: Like all the other Maybelline mascaras, super cute packaging. The brush isn't wobbly. Very buildable formula, doesn't clump very much at all. Leaves a fairly decent look to the lashes.

THE BAD: The brush is a bit scratchy, no where near as bad as Benefit's They're real, but this definitely isn't something i enjoy combing on.

THE UGLY: This bad boy seriously takes about 4 coats before it even starts to look kind of dramatic. It also results in a wonky look very square-ish look to the lashes...it's hard to describe, i don't know if it's the shape of the brush, but it gives my lashes a strange look.

Overall a pretty mediocre mascara