July 31, 2014 | 1717 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by AlyaAbdel

I really dislike this mascara. I didn't even think it was possible to make your lashes look SHORTER and THINNER. This is just how it works with me, it may be different with others. I absolutely hate the formula and the brush does nothing at all. I wouldn't recommend this mascara to anyone. The only nice thing about it is the packaging. Other than that, I am really sorry to say it was huge disappointment with a vey expensive price.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Mdens8312

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this so much! Makes my lashes huge and I love the formula in it. Stays on all day and lashes are never waited down. Sometimes they clump a little but it's not a problem

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Jennybnguyen

I love this mascara so much!!! It's doesn't clump too much and I like the formula. I have Asian eye lashes meaning they're straight and thin but the mascara actually held a curl and it looked like I actually had big eye lashes.I'll definitely purchase again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this mascara. The formula is great & it makes my lashes HUGE. It does tend to be a pain to fully wash off, but that's really my only problem with it. I especially love this for my lower lashes because it makes them look super full & long.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by yankeezgurl

Love this mascara....only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because its hard to take off....but, at the end of the day, its worth it. I usually use 2 or 3 different mascara's to get the desired effect, but I don't have to with this mascara. And I can actually afford it right now with money being tight... I hope they don't discontinue this....my lashes look really NICE!!!...Some ladies have been wanting me to try some new mascara that costs about $35....usually I'd jump at buying it...but, I'm so happy with this mascara...that I will not waste my money on anything else!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 3:49:00 AM More reviews by mrsjason

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I get confused by the shapes & colors so I thought this was one of maybellines new line. I soon realized I had tried it & think it is okay

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by SparklyMissSunshine

I really enjoy this product. It is my go to mascara. It separates my lashes nicely. The wand is similar to the covergirl lash last. Saying that, I like this formula much better. Most maybelline mascara have similar formulas, and it's the wand that varies. This is the case with this one, and I can't really say anything bad about the formula overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by nicnackk

One of the reasons I enjoy this mascara is because it's not fussy. By no fuss, I mean that I don't find myself running the brush through my lashes over and over to get the fanned out look I wish to accomplish.

The Rocket does provide a fuller, thicker appearance on my lash line and separates my lashes nicely. The wand is a rubber wand with flexible bristles. This is a very long wearing mascara - I experience absolutely no flaking with The Rocket.

Overall I really like this mascara - I can get away with a coats or two during the day to make my lashes look darker and fanned out or I can use three coats to get a more dramatic appearance.

The one negative about this is that it is very hard to remove!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

hmm.. this mascara just isn't doing it for me. I don't like how small and spread out the bristles are on the brush. It just doesn't give me the kind of impact I was hoping for. However, I will say that it is foolproof with clumping, it separates the lashes well. But I will not be repurchasing... it's an ok mascara, but nothing great.

EDIT: after a few weeks this mascara thickened up a little bit and now I like it much more. Not holy grail status, but it's pretty great. I now like the bristles now that the formula is drier because they give me a lot of control when applying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 4:30:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybelline has either been a hit or miss with me. Like the Stiletto, it was a total miss in the end because my lashes weren't even defined in the first place and it irritated my eyes. Falsies was a miss at first but I needed the formula to be drier to work well so somewhat a hit? Now The Rocket mascara has arrived in Singapore, I wasn't expecting myself to pick it up but I did and absolutely love it.

It is a little reminiscent to the Covergirl Lash Blast which I have heard of but never used in my entire life, in terms of the mascara wand. The mascara wand is big with the plastic spikes. The very reason I love this mascara so much, even much more than the Falsies Waterproof is that, it gives my lashes a very clean yet defined look. My lashes definitely looked longer and slightly volumised with this mascara. It's also incredibly smudgeproof. (Not really waterproof but it doesn't smudge under my eyes even if wet)

Falsies felt thick and heavy, but Rocket is very lightweight and great for everyday imo. The formula must be wet, and glided on instead of zigzagging the wand to get a clean and defined look. And that is the proper way to get the product on. Zigzagging the wand will make a mess on your lashes and won't get the desired effect.

It's totally my cup of tea because it is so much more lightweight and doesn't offer too much volume for my liking (Falsies can be overwhelming when applied 2 coats), AND the washable version is very easy to remove. It lasts all day long without smudging which is totally great for me!

While I still like the Falsies on occasions, I definitely found a perfect hit for me in Maybelline mascaras with The Rocket! Will definitely repurchase!