October 24, 2014 | 1627 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm so fed up with they hysteria about BB creams it's not funny anymore. And now we have the CC and DD versions! I can't wait for the ZZ. No, really. I can't wait. Maybe then manufacturers will move on to something different (say, numbers, instead of letters; heck, it would be a change).

However, being the MU junkie I am, I have sampled a few to see what the bloody hell the fuss was all about. I didn't like any of them. Coverage, zero. Colors, absurd. Pricey oil slicks, most of them. Until I found this one.

I wanted something oil-free, but not too drying, to help me cope with my retin-A treated skin. Something lighter than fdt. for the hot summer we're having where I live. I was at RiteAid for something else, but I passed this and though, oh, why not? and got a tube, fully expecting to being forced to return it the next day.

Well, what do you know. The is the ONLY BB cream that justifies the pandemic hooh-hah about the stuff. It has decent coverage. The color is good (light-med). It's not a greasy mess. Doesn't break me out. Has SS. Reasonably-priced (it's a big tube). I can even wear it w/o powder (me, the Powder Queen!). This is the ONLY BB cream I want. Good product.

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Teaspenc

I love this it covers all I want but still looks natural. I also feel like it lasts all day. My new go to!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by 54ndy93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG! this is my love affair at the moment! I am usually a foundation person because I have quite a bit of problem areas on my face from acne that need serious coverage. I never bought into the idea of a bb cream for acne-ridden skin. This is my first bb cream and I am AMAZED. I love that it is 2 oz worth of product unlike most foundations that are 1 or less oz. The consistency of it is very runny, but you know what? It feels like NOTHING literally! It looks like real skin and I love how it feels and looks. I am never a fan of heavy/masky foundation. The coverage is light to medium, and it is very even with no patchiness. I use a concealer with it to hide the angry red bumps. I always have to use concealer no matter how great the coverage may be. It has a very smooth and natural matte finish. I have to set it with powder to make it look even better and control my oily skin. It lets my skin breath, and it did not break me out. the lasting power is impressive too!
What made me love this bb cream so much was the color. I have pale skin with neutral undertones. In MAC shades I'm NC 10-15 anything darker makes me look orange. This bb cream has the most true undertones to real skin. Melanin in our skin has a brown beige color. I understand yellow and pink, but I don't know why makeup companies feel the need to add orange crap to their foundation. I use light medium shade of this bb cream and it looks fantastic. No weird undertones at all. It is a hair deeper than my skin, but I love that. I totally recommend the oily/combo version to anyone looking for a great alternative to foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by KelsySJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first experience with BB cream and I have to say I'm impressed. Great coverage - only have to use concealer on the odd stubborn blemish. Lasts ALL day. Packaging needs work though - so messy! Would do better with a pump mechanism.

Update on my last review: As so often happens, my skin has changed since I started using this product. My skin is a bit drier than it used to be, and I find that the cream now really accentuates any fine lines or wrinkles. My advice: This is a fantastic product if your skin is oily, but for combination or dry skin, DEFINITELY go for the regular formula. It's a bit thicker and smooths out some of the lines better.

That said, I still use this product to mix with sunscreen. It doesn't come with SPF, which is a shame, but I've had great success mixing it with my own sunscreen, roughly 1:1. Should work with any sunscreen, but I love Neutrogena Ultra Sheer dry-touch sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by MadHungarian

UPDATE: after a week or so, i broke out with bumps under my skin. I stopped breaking out as soon as I stopped using this product. I am having a hard time getting rid of the bumps because they are not close to the surface. So mad that cosmetic companies think it's okay to put out products that don't behave as marketed.

I love how this makes my skin look. Very natural and smooth. No shine. The consistency is thin so I never turn the tube upside down, I squeeze a small amount on to my fingers, rub them together real well and then pat all over my face. Good without powder for weekend. I use revlon nearly naked powder brushed on lightly over it for work. No zits and my pores look great. I have oily skin, for reference.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by violet999abc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product in the light shade in winter when my skin is quite pale. It's a very good match and blends very well. Fairly good coverage that is great when doing a very quick every day make up. Just makes your skin look natural and glowy, without greasiness.

It's almost undetectable, with good natural coverage and feels very fresh, clean and dewy on the skin even at the end of the day.

In the summer I blend this shade with the medium to give me the correct shade for my skin as I find the medium shade quite orange, even with tanned skin.

Lovely product, more shades would be fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by joshquinto

Best for my oily skin! I love it! I used it underneath my foundations sometimes.. Or i used it with a drop foundation for a light coverage.. I does mattify me.. The only bb cream that i use..
Cons:
packaging
Runny
Color range

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by sonya012

This is the only drugstore bb cream that I have found to work for my combo oily skin! I had tried the original formula and hated it... It did nothing for me. This, however, is great! It goes in smoothly and covers most of my acne scars (which I have a lot of). On warmer days, ill set it with a powder and I'm good to go. The only thing I dislike about this product is the packaging. It's a runny formula and can get messy. What works for me is to pour a bit of the bb cream into a sample jar (like one of the sample containers from Sephora) and work out of there.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by snootfrack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the matte finish of this one (as opposed to the original) but unfortunately it has a tendency to oxidise on me and turn a very unflattering shade of orange :( the packaging is not great either - the product is so runny that it tends to spill out of the opening of the tube if stored upright. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by butrfli21now

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this BB cream hoping for an alternative to a heavy foundation but a little more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. I have combination skinand no matter how much moisturizer or exfoliating I do, This product brings out all of my dry patches. The color is way to dark for my fair skin and has a tendency to make me look orange. I wouldn't definitely not recommend this product if you are fair skinned!