October 23, 2014 | 1832 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Could there be a nicer TM? This is exactly my dream; SPF 30 for winter, lasts long on (no primer, no sunscreen so far), somewhat mositurizing, and sheer to almost moderate coverage. It has more coverage then say the LM or BB TM, but it's not a fdtn. I always, always wore fdtn to cover my "flaws" then realized....,I don't have any and this is just making me look so much older! I am NC25 and got Alaska. It's a neutral/warm, but the next one up is St. Moritz and it's just terribly orance. Alaskea could be darker for me but it really is just close enough as it's not heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by illaillanow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my holy grail. I work in the industry, every day, with that said, I have to wear a full face every day. This tinted moisturizer allows me to look presentable without feeling like I have too much caked on. I've experimented with many different brands (Laura Mercier, Dior, Smashbox, just to name a few), this is hands down the best for light- medium coverage for oily-combo skin. Dior turned me into an oil slick. Laura Mercier would separate on expression lines for some reason. Smashbox was too heavy for an every day tinted moisturizer. Then one day, I went out on a limb and purchased this bad boy. My. Mind. Is. Blown. Oil free beautifulness. This tinted moisturizer gives such a beautiful glow without shimmer or any of those fillers that "radiance" claiming products are usually full of. It just looks like skin. I will say though, the shade range is very much on the warm side, and I wear Alaska, with a slight discrepancy that I don't mind blending out for the formula, I just wish there wasn't such a huge gap between shades and there were more neutral tones. I wear this with a primer on days I need it to last longer and I set with my Sephora Mattifying Compact Foundation, seems to give me an amazing finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Mikeswife

I really wanted to love this, but alas, it's going back.

Price: At $42, certainly not drugstore-level pricing, but in line with other high-end TM's, like BB or LM.

Packaging: My tube came with a broken top. I ordered direct from NARS.

Product: I normally use BB TM in XL Tint, so I ordered this in Finland, even though on the screen it looks very pale. I was surprised to find that it blended evenly into my skin and did not look unnatural. It has a nice finish, and provides good coverage for a TM, pretty well masking the reddish pigmentation in my skin. It also has a slightly fruity smell, not at all unpleasant. Bonus points for the high SPF.

So what's the problem? I also have very dry skin, especially on my T-zone, for which I heavily moisturize and exfoliate. Unlike BB's TM, this product seems to cling to, crease in and settle on all of my dry areas, particularly my cheeks, nose and forehead. I don't know if this is due to the OF formulation or if it's something else in their product. It's only noticeable when I hold a hand mirror right up close to inspect, but no matter.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by walkofshame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I returned a mismatched foundation to Sephora and picked up this tm in Alaska for my exchange. I had heard and read nice things about it on the board and I haven't been disappointed. I love that Nars shades come yellow enough since that's the way my skintone leans. I think it's perfect for the winter months when my skin is more prone to being dry. Coverage is what you'd expect from a tm, it's pretty light and isn't for someone who is seeking out full or heavy coverage or has a lot to cover up on their face obviously. It moisturizes nicely and gives me a very pretty glowy look without being over the top or greasy. The shade match is also perfect (alaska/nc25) for me. The only thing I don't like is the price, $42 for a tm seems a bit $$ to me but considering all the pros, I would repurchase because it's a great tm and excellent shade match. The only other tm I've used in the past is Laura Mercier's and I have to say Nars tm is above and beyond hers. (They are the same price IIRC).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Ciji63

This is one of the best TM out there. It moisturizes like crazy which is what I appreciate in the dry winter months. It makes your skin glowy without being greasy and the coverage is much more than most TMs but not as much as foundation. I use the St. Moritez shade which is pretty much medium golden. Pretty expensive for TM but a little goes a long way.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by alliemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this so much but it broke me out in horrible cysts. It's been a few weeks and my skin still hasn't fully recovered.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by thekissflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So my skin is combination-oily in the summer, and combination-dry in the winter. It's acne prone, sensitive, and it's got acne scarring. A friend of mine suggested I try this out, and it's the best thing I ever put on my face!

The texture is light and smooth, but there's enough pigment that I only need light setting powder to hide any scarring. I'm still using the sample they gave me from Sephora, but even that's lasted me three days so far. A little goes a lot with this product.

I had to set it with a bit of powder, but that's probably because I used a moisturizing primer before, although given that it's winter, it's not a big deal.

The price sure puts a dent in my wallet, but I don't mind. I hardly need anything else with this on.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by ridemebigsheIdon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really excited to try this -- but it's quite emollient (yes, I know it's called a TM...) so much that it makes my combo skin incredibly greasy. The color selection runs very warm -- I was between the two lightest shades (NC20) and both appeared orange-y in a test swipe. I had high hopes since I love SG by Nars...but they were dashed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 9:18:00 AM More reviews by didi23

This has your typical black matte sleek nars packaging. I got the color polynesia dark. I am like an nw45 to nw 48. It has a subtle scent, spf 30, and feels like a moisturizer. I would put additional "rizer" in areas that have dryness. This tm has nice ingredients in it, so it feels very rich. I apply this and any tm with my real techniques stippling brush because it will stain hands. On my skin it looks dewey. So i wear this on casual days. I felt like i needed to blot through the day it lasts a few hrs on me like 6 hrs befors it began to melt. Keep in mind i did not wear a primer with this. I sprayed fix + and placed this on top. In photos it looked orange, so i negated that by putting ben nye topaz or banana powder on top. They yellow in BN helped tone down the orange. This is best for fall to winter because i recently took this on a trip to Nigeria where the sun is brutal, but it did not hold up. Just melted right off my face. Even in the summer here in the states it does not hold up well. However in the fall winter this goes on nicely I don't have much to cover so I do not use concealer under this. Nickel size is enough to cover my entire face, and as I said you definitely need powder over this otherwise it will be very dewey. So to sum it all up, this would be perfect for drier skin, but for oily to combo, I would skip the rizer and use this when the weather is cold. This stuff is pretty expensive but I had a Neiman Marcus gift card. Otherwise I don't love it that much to drop $43!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by pashmeash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

to everyone saying that this product provides zero/invisible/non-existent coverage: wtf is going on? it's not a medium coverage or anything but i have to say, the first thing that impressed me about the nars tinted moisturiser was the amount of coverage it had going on (possibly because i expected nothing at all). but it's certainly not that, for me anyway: i find it has great day-coverage that makes a substantial difference to my overall skin tone. concealer makes an easy job of any persistent scars and undereye circles and blends in with the moisturiser beautifully.

it took me a few trials to figure out that even though my skin leans (sometimes severely) to the dry side of things, the nars tinted moisturiser is hydrating enough to forego moisturiser to most of my face. i still apply some to the really dry bits on my face (around the nose, between my eyebrows, etc) but other than that, this stuff stands on its own and brings your whole face together in one step and i really love that. it leaves a bit of a dewy glow and while some people will dig that, i still find that i need to put on a bit of powder to tone it down a little (which i don't mind). i use the lightest colour (finland) and it's a bit too dark but given how sheer it is it's not a problem at all to blend in to my face and neck while still looking natural (this works great with brushes, but especially fingers).

lasting power is surprisingly decent and i'm not worried at all about my makeup by the end of a normal working day. the only thing that's stopping me from giving this a 5 is the fact that while my skin doesn't violently react to this every time i wear it, i notice a pattern of problem skin areas if i wear this for more than a few days in a row. i'm not gonna call this a dealbreaker, but it does limit me a bit when i could easily feel comfortable enough to wear this every day if i wanted to. instead i usually reserve it for days at the beach, picnics, and outdoors kind of stuff (it's spf 30), or anything where i just need to get out the door.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No