NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

on 5/3/2013 8:09:00 AM

I bought this quite a while ago and have nearly run out of it now.

I went off using it for a while and have recently returned because OMG the actual sun has come out in the UK, don't faint!!

What prompted me writing this review was how impressed I am with this product, I really do love it! I, like a lot of the people who have reviewed this, suffer with acne prone skin and I'm also combination.
I don't know what the deal is with my skin to be honest, because sometimes it likes moisture, sometimes it doesn't.

To start with, I'm going to say, I hate BB creams, I love the concept, but in reality, I can't use them - they are thick, greasy and hard to spread for me, and this has been the case with pretty much ALL the ones I've tried. Too faced was the worst along with the too yellow colour, Dr Jart wasn't great either, that was too grey/orange - jeez what an awful combo!

I have scars and pigmentation on my skin and I do not like heavy coverage products, I try to just live by the fact that "shit happens" when it comes to skin and that nutrition and sunscreen are my best weapons. I like extremely sheer coverage and products that are luminous and easy to spread. Beccas tinted moisturiser is one of my faves because of the packaging and the ease of use, but it doesn't give you any coverage at all to be honest which can be a bit of a bummer.

NARS on the other hand, is great! This product doesn't give you a ton of coverage but it's very pigmented and not too thick either, it does take some work to blend (i'm literally a slap on and go person hence why i like sheer and then spot concealing) but once you've got it on it looks amazing!!

Today, I look put together, radiant and glowy, but you can't tell I've got anything on really.
I agree with people about the colour, I use Finland, and its' bordering on too orange/yellow...but I find it's just right to give me this glowy look, it takes away the sallow tone in my skin which is always a benefit! I'm pretty pale and deathly looking so it should suit all but the whitest skin I think.

This product has been on my face for about 5 hours at the point of typing, there is no oiliness, and I've used a very light dusting of meteorites to set this... I can't feel any tackiness on my skin and it looks really good. This formula covers most of my uneven skin although I need concealing for some big spots when i get them (currently have only one, yaaay).

The SPF is definitely a god send, the price is insane I think, but I honestly think when I run out of this stuff, I'll buy it again. I can't remember why I went off using it to be honest, it may have just not cut it in winter, or it may have been a little too dark (i think that was it). I am also just lazy, I hate blending! I have a decent brush now though so that has been made very very easy.

This stuff is great, it does several jobs in one and that's what i'm looking for. I recommend it as one of the best higher coverage tinted moisturisers I've tried. Just test the colours before you buy!

Warm weather is upon us and I wanted something to replace my overly greasy Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer.

This is amazing! I have dry combination (t-zone) skin with hormonal red areas and a few acne scars on my chin. This evens out the redness and doesn't call unwanted attention to my dry skin bits. It doesn't cover acne scars, but a touch of concealer did the job just fine. No scent is a plus. The color selection isn't impressive, but I'm incredibly pale and was able to buff "Finland" out to suit me just fine and not oxidation problems.

It's pricy, but for this kind of performance...it's worth it.

on 4/25/2013 2:08:00 PM

This runs dark. I am pretty fair but not porcelain, so I got Alaska which is way too dark/dries orange, more of a medium color. Finland is good for summer, still dries a tad bit too dark, I just make sure to blend more along my jawline. I want to get some color this summer anyway lol. I am a SAHM, so not looking for a professional look every day and this fast easy, nice looking foundation does the job for me. Dries a bit dewy so I use a little powder over it. Definitely more of a foundation or BB than a TM.

This is by farrrrr my favorite tinted moisturizer! A little bit goes a long way, and adds a natural glow. The price is a little high but it lasts forever and is well worth it.

I love this product! I have been using Mac's Studio Fix Fluid for a while now and I do like it but recenty I've been feeling that it's too heavy for the daytime and wanted to try something lighter.

In my opinion this is slightly more than just a tinted moisturiser - it has a light amount of coverage, which is very buildable. And best of all, it leaves your skin with a gorgeous, dewy glow.

When I first apply it, it can look a bit shiny so I set it in place with powder and use a little concealer to cover my spots, as it doesn't really have enough coverage to hide blemishes, but even after a light powder dusting my skin still looks gorgeous and radiant.

The overall look is a healthy glow, that doesn't look caked or heavy. I love wearing this in the day at the weekend, although I don't usually wear it for work, as I have very oily skin and this one wouldn't stay in place for the whole day on me unfortunately! That's the only negative for me but it is a tinted moisturiser so I wouldn't expect anything else.

It also has an SPF 30, which I think is really important in a foundation/tinted moisturiser as it's surprising how much damage the sun can do just from being out and about, even in rainy England!

This would be perfect for wearing on holiday, where you definitely don't want to wear a full coverage foundation but aren't quite skin confident enough to bare all, plus it acts as a sun cream and a tinted moisturiser in one!

Overall a great, light foundation for wear during the day, which gives you a gorgeous glow and makes you look effortlessly, naturally flaweless (with the help of a bit of concealer!).

on 4/13/2013 4:07:00 PM

This is a really great tinted moisturizer. I bought it in the colour Alaska, and it works for my light/medium skintone. I just put a few dots on the areas that are a little red (forehead, around the nose, and chin) and blend it out. I usually use less than a pea sized amount every day. I've almost emptied my bottle and I've had it for 7 months. For me, that definitely makes it worth the more expensive price tag. It is really sheer, it blends right into your skin you can barely tell that you have makeup on, it just makes your skin look even and fresh. I sampled this, and the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer before I decided to purchase, and I found that it blended easier and wasn't as thick as Laura Mercier.

This product does have a faint scent to it, it smells light and citrusy to me. You have to actually put the product up to your nose to smell it, it isn't noticeable once it's applied.

I really like this tinted moisturizer, it is sheer, just enough to cover a bit of redness, easy to apply, doesn't make me breakout, looks natural. I have already recommended this to my friends and will continue to do so!

on 4/8/2013 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

St moritz is perfect colour match for me just not so sure it is actually oil free as it did make me break out. Shame because its a lovely tm.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If your looking for a tinted moist with decent coverage and skin care benefits this is def the product for you. I kinda feel like its s cc cream but it was made b4 bb creams even made it to the states lol. ( it contains ascorbyl glycoside witch is a stabilized vit c! Thanks google) also it has kopara in it a sort of algae for cell renewal . I like that it has an SPF of 30. But the colors r weird . Once it is applied it dries down almost 2 shades darker . So so for a lighter shade if your trying this. I would say that it gives 40% more coverage that Laura mercier tinted moist. I feel like I would only grab this if I was going to the beach for the day and wanted a glowing look.

on 3/26/2013 8:11:00 PM

Before this I used the Stila tinted moisturizer and it did not provide enough coverage. I don't like to use foundations as they feel too greasy and heavy for me. I like to wear something that looks natural and feels light. So I read some reviews on this moisturizer and went ahead and bought it. I absolutely love it, for a tinted moisturizer it has amazing coverage and feels amazing. My only problem with it is that it is scented. Not that it has given me any problems yet but I'm usually reluctant to use scented products on my face. I would definitely buy this product again. In fact this is probably the only tinted moisturizer I plan to use.

on 3/25/2013 6:07:00 PM

Hands down, best tinted moisturizer I've ever used. The color ranges aren't extensive, but it is sheer, so it can be easily blended in/out to match most skin shades.
If you're like my mom, so pale/white you're practically clear (lol), then you wont be able to use this product. The lightest shade, Finland (which is what I have), is at the darker end of light shades-just before you'd be considered a medium skin tone. It does not oxidize after applying.

Having said that though, this shade is just a fraction of a hair too light for me, but Alaska is too dark on its own (at least during the winter months). Really to get a perfect shade that doesn't wash me out or look too dark, I'd need to mix both the 2 lightest colors together (Finland and Alaska).
I find Finland has just a hint of yellow tone to it, and Alaska to have a hint of orange/pink to it.

The price is up there for a tinted moisturizer, in my opinion. It isn't a foundation, but it isn't really enough to moisturize for real either. And because the shades are limited, having to buy two and mixing them, really makes the price too high.

It blends in great, but it kind of "sits" on the skin too. If you rub your face it easily comes off, and it doesn't last all day on its own. Like when you spend all day outside in the sun and by mid day it starts to break down and melt away. I find all tinted moisturizers do that though, so it was to be expected already.
This has the most natural color and finish though of all the tinted moisturizers I've ever tried (MANY, lol).

Comes in a plastic squeeze tube. Have to be careful the force of squeeze you give it. Easy to get too much and waste it.

I prefer the natural face makeup look for foundations/etc. When I don't want to wear full on sheer foundation though, I use this. It wont hide flaws or zits, but it gently evens out slight redness/uneven tone. Your skin shows through.

Doesn't really have a smell, and doesn't irritate my skin. Works great with a light dusting of Nars's new radiant pressed powder on top.

Top Rated NARS Products