August 29, 2014 | 1848 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by deelasoul

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a big NARS fan and usually use the Sheer Glow foundation but wanted something lighter for the summer so I thought the Tinted Moisturizer would be perfect and it was ... at first.

Coverage is sheer but fairly buildable. I have a little redness in my cheeks and two layers covered it pretty well. I liked the shades, too. Seychelles was perfect when I had a bit of a tan ... definitely on the yellow side though.

So what was the problem? After a few weeks, I realized it was breaking me out. I suspect it's the SPF, which is lovely in theory but my skin is truly sensitive and doesn't appreciate most SPFs.

Anyway, if your skin can tolerate it, it's a fine TM.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 4:06:00 AM More reviews by starryide

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for three months now and it does not irritate my skin at all. It doesn't treat my acne, but it doesn't worsen it either and it provides very good coverage. It feels very light on my skin and I love that it's moisturizing and has 30 SPF. It applies easily and smoothly. It doesn't really have a mattifying factor but I actually really like the dewy finish- it makes my skin look natural and healthy! Afterwards, I don't need to blot like I used to. After three months, I'm still using the same tube and there's still quite a bit left, so the price is pretty worth it! I know it's more expensive that a lot of other brands, but I'm willing to invest in good skincare (:

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by ironwoman01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this tinted moisturizer! I was debating between this and Laura Mercier, so I got samples of each from Sephora. I used to be NC35 in MAC, but now I'm lighter since I stopped tanning. I'm probably NC25 now. I have strong yellow undertones due to Asian skin. NARS tinted moisturizer in Alaska and St. Moritz are perfect shades for me. Alaska is great for my pale winter days and St. Moritz is better for Summer days. Alaska has both yellow and pink undertones so it can work for many different skintones. St. Moritz has more yellow/orange undertones. Right now I am mixing the two shades together to get a perfect match, since I'm in between. This product does give a dewy finish and sometimes I do a light dusting of setting powder so I'm not super dewy. I have normal skin, so oil isn't a huge problem for me though. This product has a slight lemon scent and it's not overpowering, whereas the Laura Mercier had a strong sunscreen smell. Laura Mercier also did not have a shade that was yellow enough for me. I will definitely be buying NARS in both shades. Great for those days when you want sheer coverage and don't want to spend a lot of time getting ready in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by princessface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm using this in Finland and it is just devine! I have oily skin, so after cleansing and toning with Dermalogica products in the morning, I skip my usual moisturiser and go right to the Nars tinted moisturiser. It gives me the perfect balance of moisture and evens out my complexion. It's perfect for day wear such as going to uni, work and running errands. Concealer is still needed if you have spots, but that isn't a concern. It is so light and I feel like I get a good amount of coverage while still letting my skin breathe. I like to set it with a translsucent powder and find that this helps with the longevity. Lasts about 6 or 7 hours on oily skin before things begin to slip. The colour stays true thoughout the day and is oil free, so no break outs! My only problem is that I can't use it as a base for powder foundation when going out as the SPF gives me ghost face under flash photography. But, as a day time tinted moisturiser alone, it is absolutely perfect. I just wish Mecca Cosmetica would sell it for a reasonable price, it's ridiculous to pay $68 AUD when it's only $45 or so in the states.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

I got a small sample of the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in St. Moritz.
It was a great match for my tanned asian skin. It goes on smoothly and light. And the best part, did not break me out. YAY!

However, I did not love it enough to purchase the full bottle. Sorry Nars. You are wayy to expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by sleaf

I am fairer than most and Finland, the lightest shade, is too yellow and dark for me. The yellow doesn't bother me as it neutralized the redness in my face, but the shade is a full shade darker than Siberia which is a decent match. The coverage was sheer enough that I was able to use this for a subjectively "bronzed" look during the warmer months when I'm more "tan." The color is such a shame because I loved it otherwise. It applies nicely and the finish is gorgeous. My weird sensitive combo skin was fine with it and I loved the smell. I just wish they made a lighter shade in line with Siberia for my ghostly white skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by spiritkc

Finland was the color that most closely matched my skin but something between Alaska and Finland probably would be better as I lose summer color. I liked the texture of this product going on far better than Stila's tinted moisturizer and Too Faced tinted moisturizer. However, on certain days regardless of whether or not I wear pore concealer or primer or sunscreen underneath, the product seems to settle in the pores of my cheeks. While it still matches the area between the pores, somehow it looks noticeable and lighter in color where my pores are. I've tried just primer to see if that helps, but the results have been inconsistent.

I'm not sure if it is a problem with the consistency of the product or matching the color tones of my skin, but it is frustrating to have to watch during the day to make sure my pores aren't being inadvertently highlighted.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by deliah008

I got a sample in Alaska (which was a bit yellow for my skin). I ended buying Alaska and Finland (shade no. 1) because with Finland as a base and with Alaska on areas that need coverage, they do a very good job - comparable to a medium coverage foundation, actually. And, when I wipe at my face, there is minimal color that comes off on my face. Very breathable and wearable.

I can't say anything for the darker colors, but the two light colors are very wearable. No oxidation. Three dots cover my whole face. Minimal powder necessary (only on the nose). After 8+ hours, still look natural.

Even though this has sunscreen, please please wear a spf product underneath; this is not sun protection at its best.

I regularly use Benefit Oxygen foundation (very light, blendable), but lately has been giving me acne problems.

Many stores (including Sephora) are giving one week samples - I suggest taking one and use it for a week to see if skin problems occur.

Update: I have oily skin but has not seen acne problems. Been using this for 1 month+.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love NARS, but they need some more shades in this. Finland was clearly too yellow for me, and Alaska was clearly too dark, yet the SA tried to push it anyway, which seriously annoyed me. I normally wear Mont Blanc in the Sheer Glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by beautystar07

Skin: Dry around the chin, nose, and a little on the cheeks. Fair-medium
Color I brought: Alaska
Formula : Thicker than Laura Mercier
Package: Less messy than Laura Mercier

Lately my skin around the cheeks has redness, so I needed something to cover it. I also have a lil discoloration. The formula is a little thick and it spread out very easily. It cover my flaws pretty well. However, the price is so expensive!!!!! Even though is a moisturizer, I recommend everyone to use moisturizer before the TM. Go Sephora and ask for a sample before you buy it ^^ I would rebuy this again, unless I find something else better. & NO NEED TO USE A PRIMER, this last all day! 10 hours for me!!!