I really like this product. It's lovely and light, gives good coverage and blends really easily. I've never been one for applying liquid foundation but this one is super easy to put on, even with your hands, which is what I usually use.
My only complaint is that the shade range isn't great, which I know has a lot of comments. I've struggled finding one that suits me, but when I find it, I'll be happy with it. Ivory is slightly too pale but the shade up is slightly too dark, so I tend to mix them together to make each bottle last longer.
Another thing a lot of people mention is the fact it looks glittery, but it doesn't at all on my skin. It brightens my complexion and does exactly what is days on the tin (or glass bottle in this case, which I love! The packaging is really wonderful), it makes you look more awake.
Overall, this is probably the best drugstore/highstreet foundation I've tried, and I recommended it to all my friends who love it too. Definitely a must have.
This is a great foundation for the price (I paid around 8 pounds/12 dollars).
- Beautiful, natural medium coverage, which can be built up and sheered out.
- The texture is nice and light, and really easy to apply. I stipple it on with a wet ELF flat powder brush, which gives an amazing airbrushed look, but it can also be applied with hands. Sometimes I mix a little bit of moisturizer in, which works fine too, as I prefer light coverage most of the time.
- I like that it comes with a pump and a glass bottle.
- Does not glide off within a couple of hours - has a good, but not brilliant, lasting power.
- Inexpensive and easily available.
- I dislike the glitter in it. It is not noticable, and usually I am all about a dewy finish. But in certain light, I can see glitter particles on my face, which I REALLY dislike, as I have pretty good skin and don't want it to look makeup-y. I can see it when I e.g. stand in an elevator. It really bugs me that they put glitter in it, otherwise it would have such an amazing, natural-looking finish that is comparable to high-end foundations.
- The colour is a tiny, tiny bit off. I am an NC20 (maybe a little lighter now in the winter), and it is that half shade too dark/orangey to me. When blended it is not noticable at all, so it's not a dealbreaker to me.
- Transfers easily. When I sit during boring lectures with my hand on y chin or cheek, and look at my hand afterwards, it's glittery and slightly coloured. I have dry skin, so I usually don't powder, maybe that's why.
The pros certainly outweigh the cons, especially because it's a highstreet foundation. All in all, I really like this foundation!
EDIT: If you sit next to someone, that person is able to see the glitter on your face. I would only recommend this product for wearing indoors, during winter or by night, The glitter shows through in harsh sunlight (if you think it doesn't - hold a mirror when standing in direct sunlight, you will see). Too bad, it makes the foundation look so unnatural and like you have glitter all over your face.
This is a good drugstore foundation, but comes in a very limited shade range. The lightest shade (100 Ivory) is too dark for my skin (I'm a perfect match to the lightest Bourjois foundations). But it smells fie, has a nice bottle, and would definitely be in my regular rota except it's too dark! I'll hang onto it for the summer, see if it's a better match then.
For people in the US looking to buy it, ASOS ships for free and sells it and the concealer for ~$15US. It's also sold in Canadian drugstores for ~$10-12 if that's an easy trip :)
I bought this foundation after being disapointed with Maybeline age rewind. I have been struggling to find a foundation since my skin started to show the first few signs of aging. I was using Rimmels 25 hour finish foundation and it was my favorite foundation but it really accentuated my new fine lines around my eyes Im turning 40 in a couple months). Very happy with this foundation, Great coverage, nice colors, True Ivory is great for my fair skin. Dosent feel greasy or dry, just right. Rimmel did a great job with this foundation.
So I've been using this foundation for a while now, and I am a huge fan the semi-dewy finish. My skin is quite oily with a bit of hormonal acne, and this foundation does a good job of making me look dewy and not oily as I find there is often a thin line between the two. However, there are a few downsides to this foundation. Firstly, the colour match for me is not good. The foundation does not come in many shades and all the shades carry a strong pink undertone, definitely not suited to my asian skin with yellow undertones. I chose natural beige 400 which is too dark for me however it does give me a lovely sunkissed look, except I look slightly pink too. I avoid looking too pink by only applying 3/4 of a pump, as I find as soon as I start building it up, the pink really becomes noticeable. Secondly, I find this foundation rubs off easily, so touching my face when I have this foundation is a nono. Overall, amazing foundation if you happen to be matched to one of the not-so-many shades rimmel offers with this foundation!
Can anyone tell me if they've seen this foundation in Michigan? I've searched every drugstore CVS/RiteAid/Walgreens/Walmart/Kmart and can't find it! :(
I've checked ebay and it's only sold Internationally.
But I see that select Walmarts carry the Wake Me Up concealer. Weird!
(I even emailed Rimmel and I'm waiting on a response)
I am fairly obsessed with Youtube beauty videos. After Tanya Burr went on and on about Rimmel's Wake me Up foundation, I searched for a british retailer who would ship to me. Feelunique had the color I wanted, so I confidently placed my order...ignoring the Vitalumiere I had in my Chanel.com cart. My expectations were for a foundation that would offer sheer, dewey coverage. First things first. The packaging is great with a lovely pump. 100 Ivory is nice and seems to match my skin nicely. The scent is pleasant and the texture/consistency is light, almost fluffy. There is also a slickness which allows for decent slip while applying. My hopes, while not completely dashed..were slightly nicked. I have absolutely no idea what dewey means to Tanya Burr...or the advertising execs at Rimmel, but Wake me Up left me as matt as every other foundation I have ever worn! I don't know how Awake I looked after application, but matt doesn't suggest youth or vitality!! I don't hate it. It does cover nicely, medium I would say. It doesn't accentuate dryness, but dry patches did poke through (areas that didn't look dry before application). I did have significant creasing under my eyes, which I never have. It didn't feel bad on my skin and I haven't broken out from use. Here's the funniest part.the next day I used 1/2 pump of the foundation and THREE pumps of Clinique's Uplighter and STILL had a completely matt face!!! Sigh...I am on a quest for dewey, plump looking skin. Perhpas the summer will bring more life into this foundation for me. I will continue to use, but it does not live up to its claim for me!
I'm a self-confessed beauty junkie and have tried every foundation under the sun. I've recently been using YSL's Teint de Touche Eclat which is great, but I wanted to try a drugstore foundation for days when I'm just at uni or something.
This is literally AMAZING. It's totally changed my perspective on drugstore foundations and I'm so glad I left my MAC Studion Fix long ago!
It gives a medium coverage with a satin finish (but more dewy than my YSL foundation).
It's perfect for my normal/combo skin and lasts all day.
It's so soft and smooth and feels beautiful on the skin.
It easily covers blemishes and redness, whilst letting the skin breathe and light radiate from the high points of the face.
AND it's only £8.99!!! Honestly! What more could you want? Considering I've been spending £29 on YSL Teint de Touche Eclat, this is absolutely amazing.
I can imagine a Nars Sheer Glow fan would like this product a lot.
This is 100% HG status for me! I hope Rimmel never discontinue it.
I bought this foundation hoping that it would be a cheap alternative to the Bourjois Healthy Mix. Although I have quite happily used it for a year, I was just hunting for something new.
- As several people have mentioned, the packaging, while still recognizably a pharmacy/drug store foundation, is quite aesthetically pleasing and comes with a pump, the importance of which should not be overlooked.
- The overall texture of the foundation was very nice (stippled in with my Beauty Blender), and is not too runny (which I find to be a drawback in the application of other foundations).
- Has a slight fragrance which is not disturbing in the least.
- Dries with a nice finish on my combination skin, and was able to last the day in the unpredictable Melbourne weather (12C degrees and raining in the morning, and hot sunshine in the afternoon).
- Some people have mentioned not being affected by the disco-ball effect, but unfortunately I am not one of them; while from 1.5-2m (5ft-6ft) away, it is not noticeable, under sunlight and within talking distance to my friend she immediately pointed out that my face had suddenly become a glitterball.
- The shade that was the closest match to my skin, the 200 Soft Beige, was still too pink for my warm-toned Asian skin, and unfortunately I am still not a fan of the whole two-toned face neck shebang. (I turned out looking like a slightly pink version of the orange glittery bottle cap)
Overall, a good effort apart from the glitter which made mine unwearable outside (maybe I got a defective one with a super huge clump of glitter mixed in? Everyone else seems to find theirs fine...)
i love this product! i love that it has a pump too. it gives good coverage and it hides most of my under eye circles and blemishes. it's not oily at all so good for oily skin. im not a fan of the little sparkle/glitters in it but this product is VERY blendable. i have fair skin and the colour i got was in True Ivory, little dark but it's great! :)