Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

3.6

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, FRAGRANCE, UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8, HEXYL CINNAMAL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, TOCOPHEROL, TRIACETIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BHT, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM LACTATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

on 8/19/2013 10:41:00 AM

Rimmel's 'Wake Me Up' was my first foundation, I had borrowed some off my sister for a party as I had never owned foundation, and I loved it! At first I bought True Ivory by mistake (it was in the Ivory column) it actually turned out pretty good, slightly orange but good for parties. I then went back and bought it in Ivory, this colour was perfect for daytimes as well! It has pretty good coverage, I use the wake me up concealer in Ivory with this foundation, its definitely the best foundation I've ever owned!
It did start sliding of my chin a little after about four hours, but that wasn't a problem and I quickly touched up and it was fine. Great for oily and combination skin! It also has great coverage. It does break me out if I wear it for more than 5 hours though, but I love it:)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this foundation two weeks ago, after I ran out of my GARNIER BB Cream for oily skin. I decided it was time to switch the BB Cream to a real foundation, because I have Acne Prone skin and the BB Cream didn't give me that much of a coverage.
I tested it in the store, without the purpose of buying it, but the second I put it on, I knew this was the right foundation for me. My best friend was amazed of how well this foundation looked on my skin, covering all the blemishes and matching my skin tone perfectly (True Ivory).
It is a really lightweight foundation, perfect for a girl who is just starting to create her MakeUp collection, after giving up on BB Creams and Tinted Moisturizers. I apply it with my fingers, and blend it in with a Latex Sponge.
The packaging is amazing, the pump making the application easier. Although, the glass bottle seems a little fragile, and I'm pretty scared when it comes to putting it in my MakeUp Bag.
The smell isn't too strong and it disappears after the application. I don't really have a problem with the shimmery particles, because they are really hard to observe.
I recommend using it with the Wake Me Up Concealer underneath for even brighter skin.
After all, this is a great foundation and i love it. I really think it's worth the hype, and also, I get a lot of compliments when I wear it.

Sincerely,
LavenderCandles

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

The coverage was great, and it covers all my acne and scars, but the max it lasted was like 4 hours! I tried so many ways to make it work, and it didn't, :(

on 8/14/2013 1:47:00 PM

This was so good. It went on easily on my skin and gave me a gorgeous glow. I got this in the "Ivory" shade. It looked natural on me. Price was great as Rimmel always is, it was 8.99 euro. I felt that the packaging was good and wasn't tricky too. I got a compliment when wearing this. Overall i was extremely satisfied with this. I will be buying this again and I would so recommend it.

on 8/12/2013 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a great drug store foundation. It is a good light to medium coverage, while not being heavy. It lasts well, especially when set with a powder or finishing spray. It isn't drying or oily, it's a perfect medium. Don't be fooled by the tiny sparkles, you don't see them on your face - it just looks like your skin is glowing slightly. I have acne-prone skin, and this doesn't break me out. It has good coverage for acne and hyper pigmentation, just use a little concealer as well. I use the wake me up concealer with it and I love the two of them together.
Also, it comes off easily when removing your makeup.
I will definitely buy this again, especially because of the great price. I recommend using the testers to figure out what shade you are - they usually have them at Shoppers and Walmart.

I do like this product, I could have probably done with buying a darker colour as buying the lightest colour before I hit the beach and got a tan was a dumb idea.

on 8/6/2013 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this before realising there is a rave around it online.
I like it, affordable and good formulation.
It does have glittery particles in it, so it does limit the time of day usage, but it isn't noticeable unless your face is in direct sunlight and the onlooker is very close to ur face, face looks radiant from afar!
The reason I like this formulation; lightweight but has good coverage and does not feel "cakey". Alternatives is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum, you guys can try that if you have an issue with the glitter as the Healthy Mix doesn't contain glitter. Personally, I don't like Healthy Mix's lychee scent lol. The Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua is also similar without glitter and has a pleasing lotus water scent, but more expensive than the other two.

on 8/4/2013 7:35:00 PM

I bought this foundation after seeing many beauty gurus on youtube rave about it, for me it is too sparkly which makes my skin look very unnatural when I wear it it is also thicker than I would like, I will not repurchase this and do not recommend it, I am dreading using the rest up

on 7/31/2013 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this foundation a few months ago and I am sadly not as passionate about it as others. Pros: -affordable -light weight -smells good. Cons: -way too glittery -not enough shade selection -cant wear in direct sunlight without looking like you've been to ke$has concert or something

on 7/27/2013 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I was so hopeful that this would be beautiful after reading all the glowing reviews. With my oily skin, I tend to gravitate towards foundations that are mattifying but I don't like the sometimes cakey, heavy look they give (ahem, Revlon Colorstay for combo/oily - mind you, the formula for dry/normal skin is excellent).

The shimmer (subtle though it is) put me off a little, but after reading reviews saying that it was barely noticeable (and Rimmel having a 50% off sale at my local Priceline) I took a plunge and bought it in shade 400.

First off, the pump-less tube irritates me but I soldiered on. It applies smoothly enough and indeed, the shimmer is not really obvious when applied on the skin. Freshly applied, it looks lit and natural whilst giving a healthy dewy finish. I was thrilled.

But then, by early morning, I noticed that my skin was getting really oily. I thought, maybe it's the warm day. It wasn't. Nor was it my primer (I've tried several different ones with this), nor my powder (Rimmel Stay Matte which works a treat with any other foundation), nor the aircon at work, nor the way I applied it. I've tried wearing this on and off with various different combinations of products and no matter what I try, I end up as an oil slick, which I don't get with other foundations. By the end of the day, this had disappeared completely, leaving me very disappointed.

For a similar price point, the Covergirl 3 in 1 foundation is an excellent alternative - it lasts all day, even without a primer and is very buildable. If you want that glow, just mix in a little liquid highlighter.

I would recommend against this foundation for oily skinned girls and will definitely not be repurchasing (in fact, Ive just ditched my 3/4 full bottle, I dislike it that much.)