February 27, 2015 | 1613 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by RubyHart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin so this foundation isn't perfect for my skin type but would work better for people with dry/normal complexion but still even with oily skin after setting it with powder it's really good. It's medium coverage which is good for me because I have a few blemishes and don't want to look completely airbrushed and you can also build this foundation up to increase the amount of coverage. It supposedly has a shimmer but this isn't massively noticeable. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Antonianicoleee

I bought this product last summer and I used it religiously. I loved it so much, the coverage was great! It supposedly makes your face look fresher due to the 'shimmer'. It wasn't until after wearing it for months that I began to realise how glittery and shimmery my face looked. I looked ridiculous! Especially in the sun, the glitter in the foundation was overwhelming and I was so gutted that I found this flaw as it was the best foundation I'd ever used! Unfortunately I won't be purchasing this again :(

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by curlygirl03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Meh. Not good but not terrible either. It makes my face glowy but I don't like the sparkles in it. Lasts for a whole day but it makes my skin incredibly oily by midday. Won't re purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Notsostupidblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, firstly, for anyone complaining about the animal testing problems with Rimmel, animal testing has been banned in the Uk for cosmetics made or imported into the Uk. So no need to worry. I've been using Clarins skin illusion, but at £28 a bottle I needed something a bit more everyday. Also, with that one being a mineral liquid foundation, once it's set it can look a bit dry in patches. I have dry, sometimes combination skin so this foundation is perfect. It leaves a dewy finish (unless set with powder to stop it transferring). It's moisturising and so far hasn't broken me out. I'm around a nc25/30 depending. In wake me up I'm in soft beige which is perfect match. I haven't had a problem with the 'glitter' so far, as that was my main concern. At 9 ish pounds a bottle it's more expensive that other drugstore brands, but I use half a pump maximum so a bottle lasts me a while. Overall a great foundation, giving light to medium coverage (depending on quantity). If I wasn't such a foundation addict and didn't buy a new one every time I would definitely repurchase. <3

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by chlooedaaisy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this foundation.
Its a little on the expensive side (£8.99), but it was on offer at my local drugstore so I thought I'd get a bottle after seeing how many people love it. Before buying this, I knew it had a dewy finish (so for people with dryer skin), but being the rebel I am, I wanted to see how it would work for my combination-to-oily skin.
The packaging is great, but it doesn't last as long as some other liquid foundations. It has a slight shimmer to it, which is only noticeable in certain lighting. It lasted the whole day, which is a miracle for a dewy foundation AND on my oily-ish skin. I have naturally olive skin and my shade is 103 True Ivory. It has pink undertones, so not the best color for my yellow undertoned skin.
It gives great coverage and covers my redness and acne scars even without concealer. It glides onto skin wonderfully (no problem with dry patches). It made my skin look healthy and glowy without looking fake and caked-on.
Overall, I highly reccomed this foundation to pretty much any skin type. Possibly not SUPER oily skin because of the dewy finish, but like I said, it worked for my oily to combination skin.

PRO'S:
- Great packaging (with a pump)
-Glides on nicely
-Great coverage (great for redness and acne scars)
-Didn't break me out despite my slightly oily acne-prone skin
-Made my skin look healthy and glowy
-AMAZING staying power

CON'S:
-Highly transferable (if you touch your face, it goes onto your hands and over your clothes)
-Expensive for a Rimmel foundation
-Doesn't last long (maybe just under a month depending on how much you use)
-Shimmer is available in certain lighting (sunlight, harsh lighting)

xoxo,
Chloe

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by loverlylane

I love this foundation, it's the only foundation that I've found that I don't need to set with a powder. I love the slightly dewy finish on my skin and the color range is surprisingly well done. definite recommendation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I never thought I would like anything from rimmel until I found this foundation. I was watching Tanya burr on YouTube and she raved about this product... And here I am raving about it too. As a reference I'm an NC30 and my match was soft beige. It's a perfect match!!! I seriously didnt have to buy 2 bottles to mix to get my perfect shade. What I love about this product is it really hydrates my dry skin. This foundation makes my skin look dewy and fresh. I don't have to use my caudalie rescue creme when I wear this foundation. What I also love about this product is how easy it is for me to apply with my brush and the pump! Omg! I hate foundations without pumps because I find it so unsanitary when I have to open, and expose the product to air constantly.
Anywho I love this product and I'm glad I bought it :)

Edit- Autumn 2013
I've removed one lippie from this review because when I went on vacation I found this product clung on to my dry patches during summer... I was so sad... I loved this product... But I think I've moved on to my bourjois foundations which I think are better

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by HoneyCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

From reading the comment below or a few down I will also not be purchasing this or rimmel again due to its animal testing policy, rimmel have always been a brand that i thought would never do such things, i am truly disappointed.

This foundation glides on nicely and leaves a beautiful luminous finish, it does transfer mind you and don't even consider this foundation if you have oily skin, itll be like a oil bath at the end of the day, i found this foundation quite hard to powder too as it looked quite odd powdered. This broke me out a tiny bit and even the lightest colour is a bit orangey. The packaging was awful, when id pull the lid off it would take the pump with it on several occasions getting foundation all over me, my clothes and my surfaces and then when you put the lid back on foundation splodges all over the bottle then going all over your hands and everywhere.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by FrankJaguar

Firstly I must state that if Rimmel didn't sell their products to China and had to allow animal testing, then I'd probably give this foundation 4 out of 5 overall. I bought this after I had extensively researched which companies test on animals, and have only just used it up. Unfortunately I won't be purchasing again as Rimmel aren't completely cruelty-free, and I strongly feel that my face is no way near as important as the welfare/life of an innocent animal.

The foundation itself is near to perfection for me. I feel that the colour range would benefit massively from having an extra paler colour, as the lightest shade is ever so slightly too orange for me (and my skin isn't the palest out there), which meant that I had to blend it right down to my neck, using a lot of the product up. I applied it with my fingers and it blended seamlessly and smoothly, not clinging to any dry patches, and gave a good medium natural-looking coverage.
The glitter element to it is ever so subtle which I loved - it really did wake up my face!
The price of the foundation is amazing value for money. For me, it performs as a higher-end foundation does in terms of the finish (satin, semi-matte), packaging and application. The lack of colour range shows in the price, but I would pay higher-end prices for this product if there was a slightly paler shade and the company was cruelty-free.

Please stop selling your products to China, Rimmel :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by pipinko550

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin: combination, acne prone
Finish: luminous, but not over-glittery
Scent: light scent, which I like, but I prefer foundation without fragrance
Staying power: 8 hours and even more
Coverage: light-medium to medium
Formula: creamy, but not oily
Best way to apply: wet sponge

Pros:
- price (I have more expensive foundations which were much worse than this one),
- doesn't give me breakouts,
- stays all day long,
- luminous finish,
- easy to apply,
- buildable coverage,
- doesn't look cakey or patchy,
- very comfortable on drier parts of my face.

Cons:
- gets a little bit shiny in the T-zone, so it's definitely not for oily skin,
- has a scent, which may cause irritation,
- contains Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, so it's not oil free, but I am acne prone and have no problem with this,
- contains dangerous BHT (preservative),
- contains some comedogenic ingredients (Talc, Dimethicone, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopherol and Benzoic Acid), but again, it doesn't break me out (and some foundations broke me out, so I am breakout prone),
- shade range (only 4 shades in my country).

For this price I totally recommend you to try. It's similar to YSL Touche Eclat foundation, but much cheaper. I would buy this product again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No