October 21, 2014 | 1844 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by itsmehollyfern

Not great, hardly lasts, like the duey effect, however gives me spots and i normally never get spots at all. not a good product will never use this again

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by hollyhodgson

I really loved the finish of this when first applied, however it doesn't last on me at all. It goes patchy after a couple of hours even when set with my brilliant Chanel loose powder. I just can't understand why as I have normal skin. Packaging looks really nice and the pump is good. I'm just so upset that it doesn't last on me because the texture and coverage were smooth and buildable. Gutted!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this in the Fair Magazine. I loved the feel of it and the look when applied with a beauty blender, however the one given 200 Soft Beige is really too dark for my skin, it makes me look to dark, orange. I'm lighter than Mac NW15 so I'll probably try to purchase it in a lighter shade. The coverage seems really good and I liked the dewy look, even if it wasn't the good color for me.

I'm also slightly worried about the glitters that everyone is talking about. We'll see. I'll update this review if I buy it in another shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by LauraDB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation after hearing good reviews on YouTube and I really wanted a dewy finish foundation for my dry skin. I was really impressed with the consistency! It's easy to apply and goes on smooth like a serum. People have been commenting about shimmer particles in it, but I didn't even notice until reading that. They don't show at all on the skin. I find this foundation to be completely matte actually. So it's 'dewy' claims are confusing. However I still like the matte look as well, so I wasn't bothered. My dry skin looked good with the consistency, so that's the main thing for me.

As for the colour range, it isn't great. I bought 100 Ivory and it looks a bit dark for my skin, and a little too yellow. There is a 103 True Ivory, but it looked much too pink and slightly darker. (There were no testers though, so that didn't help!).

Overall, I really liked it though. I would repurchase, although I'd be thrilled if they expanded their colour range too!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by niamhallen07

This liquid foundation is great. Costs only about £8, and does a pretty good job. It has a good coverage, the name 'wake me up' really matches it, as it very much does, wake up your skin and give you a glowing look. This foundation has little bits of shimmer in it which can be seen in light. It doesn't leave your skin matte, it gives a real dewy finish. It applies very nicely with the brushes that I use (RealTechniques stippling brush, or the ModelsOwn liquid foundation brush) and blends very easily. I would fully recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by takingbackjenny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. It's lovely and light, gives good coverage and blends really easily. I've never been one for applying liquid foundation but this one is super easy to put on, even with your hands, which is what I usually use.
My only complaint is that the shade range isn't great, which I know has a lot of comments. I've struggled finding one that suits me, but when I find it, I'll be happy with it. Ivory is slightly too pale but the shade up is slightly too dark, so I tend to mix them together to make each bottle last longer.
Another thing a lot of people mention is the fact it looks glittery, but it doesn't at all on my skin. It brightens my complexion and does exactly what is days on the tin (or glass bottle in this case, which I love! The packaging is really wonderful), it makes you look more awake.
Overall, this is probably the best drugstore/highstreet foundation I've tried, and I recommended it to all my friends who love it too. Definitely a must have.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by neva4getu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great foundation for the price (I paid around 8 pounds/12 dollars).

PROS:
- Beautiful, natural medium coverage, which can be built up and sheered out.
- The texture is nice and light, and really easy to apply. I stipple it on with a wet ELF flat powder brush, which gives an amazing airbrushed look, but it can also be applied with hands. Sometimes I mix a little bit of moisturizer in, which works fine too, as I prefer light coverage most of the time.
- I like that it comes with a pump and a glass bottle.
- Does not glide off within a couple of hours - has a good, but not brilliant, lasting power.
- Inexpensive and easily available.

CONS:
- I dislike the glitter in it. It is not noticable, and usually I am all about a dewy finish. But in certain light, I can see glitter particles on my face, which I REALLY dislike, as I have pretty good skin and don't want it to look makeup-y. I can see it when I e.g. stand in an elevator. It really bugs me that they put glitter in it, otherwise it would have such an amazing, natural-looking finish that is comparable to high-end foundations.
- The colour is a tiny, tiny bit off. I am an NC20 (maybe a little lighter now in the winter), and it is that half shade too dark/orangey to me. When blended it is not noticable at all, so it's not a dealbreaker to me.
- Transfers easily. When I sit during boring lectures with my hand on y chin or cheek, and look at my hand afterwards, it's glittery and slightly coloured. I have dry skin, so I usually don't powder, maybe that's why.

The pros certainly outweigh the cons, especially because it's a highstreet foundation. All in all, I really like this foundation!

EDIT: If you sit next to someone, that person is able to see the glitter on your face. I would only recommend this product for wearing indoors, during winter or by night, The glitter shows through in harsh sunlight (if you think it doesn't - hold a mirror when standing in direct sunlight, you will see). Too bad, it makes the foundation look so unnatural and like you have glitter all over your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by rocksplash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good drugstore foundation, but comes in a very limited shade range. The lightest shade (100 Ivory) is too dark for my skin (I'm a perfect match to the lightest Bourjois foundations). But it smells fie, has a nice bottle, and would definitely be in my regular rota except it's too dark! I'll hang onto it for the summer, see if it's a better match then.

For people in the US looking to buy it, ASOS ships for free and sells it and the concealer for ~$15US. It's also sold in Canadian drugstores for ~$10-12 if that's an easy trip :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Chas2761

I bought this foundation after being disapointed with Maybeline age rewind. I have been struggling to find a foundation since my skin started to show the first few signs of aging. I was using Rimmels 25 hour finish foundation and it was my favorite foundation but it really accentuated my new fine lines around my eyes Im turning 40 in a couple months). Very happy with this foundation, Great coverage, nice colors, True Ivory is great for my fair skin. Dosent feel greasy or dry, just right. Rimmel did a great job with this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by winnieisapoohwitch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I've been using this foundation for a while now, and I am a huge fan the semi-dewy finish. My skin is quite oily with a bit of hormonal acne, and this foundation does a good job of making me look dewy and not oily as I find there is often a thin line between the two. However, there are a few downsides to this foundation. Firstly, the colour match for me is not good. The foundation does not come in many shades and all the shades carry a strong pink undertone, definitely not suited to my asian skin with yellow undertones. I chose natural beige 400 which is too dark for me however it does give me a lovely sunkissed look, except I look slightly pink too. I avoid looking too pink by only applying 3/4 of a pump, as I find as soon as I start building it up, the pink really becomes noticeable. Secondly, I find this foundation rubs off easily, so touching my face when I have this foundation is a nono. Overall, amazing foundation if you happen to be matched to one of the not-so-many shades rimmel offers with this foundation!