Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

3.6

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, FRAGRANCE, UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8, HEXYL CINNAMAL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, TOCOPHEROL, TRIACETIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BHT, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM LACTATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was a little bit skeptical to try this product, as I have oilier skin. I know that this foundation is for normal to dry skin, but I'm so tired of products designed for oily skin making me look cakey and dull. After speaking to a rep who had previously worked for Chanel, YSL, and other high end brands, I was sold on this product as she told me it was the best foundation she's used in her life. I apply it with the expert face brush by real techniques and buff it out. This foundation looks so nautral while managing to provide medium coverage to cover any imperfections. I've heard complaints about the sparkles looking obvious and over the top, but I've been using this for over a month and in no lighting have I once detected them. Which is funny because they're very apprent on the back of my hand if I don't wipe all of the product off. But I"m not complaining. This foundation is super long wearing, but I didn't expect it to be. It might hold up better on someone with less oily skin then me, but even then, I get a solid 6-8 hours of it. So I use it alone on shorter days, and I mix it with my Revlon Colorstay on longer days just to add a bit of a glow. Great foundation, love the pump, no complaints.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

PROS:
-matched my skin colour (bronze)
- medium coverage
-covered blemishes and partially covered my undereye circles
-staying power 6 hours +
-moisturising
-non cakey
-didnt make my acne prone skin react
CONS:
in summer/spring and in direct sunlight your face sparkles, NOT glows.

i loved this foundation,like it was my hg in winter, it didnt break me out and it did not cling to the dry patches around my nose, it made me look brighter and made my overall complexion nicer. But when spring came i could not go out wearing this on sunny days the glitter was obvious and it was embarrassing. ive tried mixing it with a darker matte foundation and topped it with my revlon nearly naked powder but the glitter is still significant and it sucks cause this is the only foundation that suits me :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Okay for a starter I DO NOT like wearing liquid/cream/mousse foundations. It's powder with a little concealer for me. I wanted a liquid foundation for a function I was catering at for long lasting wear the whole time (10 hours). For someone who STRONGLY DISLIKES liquid foundation, I LOVED THIS FOUNDATION SOOOO MUCH. Great coverage, long lasting (I just touched up with powder on my break), and not oily at all! Very pleased

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this foundation! The only thing that sucks is the colour range. I have NC15 skin, and ivory is still a bit dark / orange for me. It works better when I'm self tanning. It's medium coverage, and blends / applies nicely.. and the finish is beautiful. I looked in my car mirror (if your makeup looks bad the lighting in the car will let you know!) and couldn't believe how nice my skin looked.. like, really nice. Even though I was breaking out. It has a natural & glowing look to it, not shimmery or oily just glowy. The foundation does have shimmer in it but I don't find it noticeable. It's not a long wearing foundation (at least not on my oily skin) so I tend to wear it when I'm only out for a few hours. Sometimes I mix it with revlon colorstay to get a better match / longer wear. If you can find a colour match I do recommend this!

I read/watched so many good reviews of this I snapped it up when on offer somewhere. Unfortunately it doesn't love me like it does so many others! I found the shade, which would've been ivory, just didn't look natural on me. The coverage was not enough for my crap skin so I didn't look healthy wearing this. It's a shame because I really wanted to like it. I will pass it on to my sister with clearer skin.

I bought the lightest shade and was very happy with color match and the way in blended on my skin, but on pictures I was horrified to find out i turned out white as a ghost.

I'm from the US but took a trip to Canada recently and got this at a Walmart. (Part of my excitement for this trip was the beauty haul at Walmart...don't tell my boyfriend...LOL) Was SO EXCITED to try it. and....the lightest shade (ivory something) makes me look like an oompa loompa. BUMMER! Pretty finish, more satin than matte, didn't smell funky, would have been perfect. So either I need to get some white foundation to lighten this one up or it's going on eBay.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is probably my favourite Rimmel foundation i have tried. It has a lightweight feel and provides a medium coverage. Also, it gives a natural finish to the skin, making it a great choice for an everyday foundation. It has excellent value for money too as it is available on promotion regularly! Really enjoy using this foundation!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have really sensitive skin which has recently become very dry. This foundation has been a godsend! The consistency is easy to apply (I use a sponge rather than a brush) it spreads well and evenly, and covers blemishes well without the need for a heavy duty concealer (I have quite a few acne scars). The "wake me up" element of the shiny sparkly bits is noticeable when the makeup is on the back of my hand, however once blended onto the face it is not noticeable other than giving a healthy glowing finish to your makeup.

There is a good selection of shades in this too I swap between two different shades depending on how tanned my face is.
I have found that this foundation doesn't dry my skin out (something i have had previous issues with) however I do use a decent (Liz Earle) cleanser in the evenings so this could be part of it!

Only down side is the poor design of the bottle. The pump mechanism is a bit rubbish and i had to unscrew the whole mechanism to allow me to get everything out of my bottle, easy to have wastage and only use half the product otherwise.

Overall perfect product to introduce someone to a liquid foundation or for someone looking for an easy and manageable foundation which they can apply quickly before heading off to work or school.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'd heard such rave reviews from beauty gurus about this foundation, so had to try it. I knew that it wouldn't be a perfect match for my skin type (it's meant to be ideal for people with dry skin, whereas I have oily), but I find some matte foundations make my skin look a bit lifeless and dull.

It has glitter in the bottle, but it doesn't show up on the skin. It gives a nice glow and dewiness. I got it in the lightest shade and it would be a tad too dark for my skin if I didn't self tan, but I still think paler girls could get away with it without looking too orange.

People will either love or hate the bottle (it has a bright orange lid), but I think it's cute and matches the product and the whole "wake me up" idea well.

The foundation stayed on me all day. My skin did go shiny but I expected this, and I think it's more down to how my skin is rather than the foundation. It's definitely more suited for dry skin, but overall I think it's a lovely foundation that makes you look more radiant.