April 20, 2014 | 1650 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by TraceyF1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! I decided to give this one a try after just about every other drugstore foundation had failed me in one way or another and I am so glad I did. The coverage is just right, it feels super light on the skin and doesn't turn pink or orange on me after an hour which was a MAJOR problem I was having with other foundations. The coverage can be easily built up even if you only want to focus on certain areas. My skin tends to run on the dry side so it doesn't look shiny or dewy on me at all but it doesn't look dry and cakey either. I originally bought the lightest shade which I thought looked a little dark for my winter skin color but once I used it I found it was actually too light so I got the next shade up which is pretty much an exact match for my skin. Therefore, I would caution that this tends to go on a little lighter than it appears in the bottle. This was my first ever Rimmel purchase but I have since tried a couple more products that are also awesome. Way to go Rimmel London!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by VictoriaJenkins

I love this foundation, I have gone through 5 bottles and have used nothing else since it was introduced in the UK. It gives amazing coverage while not looking caked at all. It gives my skin a dewey glow and I don't have to keep re applying it through out the day. I like to use it with my porefessional primer by benefit underneath and it makes my skin look amazing. It is also incredibly affordable, and lasts a good amount of time so it's great value for money. When I first started using it I got compliments on the look of my skin from other girls - If you're looking for your perfect foundation and haven't tried this, I would seriously consider testing this foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 5:11:00 AM More reviews by puppymoomoo

This is a lovely foundation, particularly for the price. On days I require a bit more coverage, I mix this in with my HG foundation, Bourjois Healthy Mix. It provides a fantastic finish- not too dewy, but a glow-lit-from-within.
The glitter particles are noticeable on your hands afterwards but not on the face so I don't end up looking like a disco ball. For reference, I am NW15 and use True Ivory in Winter and Soft Beige in Summer.
The hygenic and convenient pump is also a huge bonus. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Elinorcordelia

I try to keep my make up looking natural, this product is perfect for that. I use it over the top of mosturiser, it blends really well, and I never need to put powder over the top of it. My skin is usually normal, without blemishes but the winter weather has made it really dry and red. This product conceals the redness wonderfully, you can hardly tell I have horrible ezcema - my family didn't even notice!
This product is so easy to use - but the best thing is how natural it looks. It also gives enough coverage to be used as a concealer. Would buy it again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation was a super let down. I love the pump packaging, how creamy and blendable the formula is, the luminous medium coverage finish, and decent wear time of this foundation. Sadly the lightest shade 'Ivory' is too dark for my complexion, for reference MAC NC15. Even adding some Manic Panic Dreamtone Flawless Foundation & Color Corrector in Virgin (the white shade) doesn't work.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by rosiealice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As a fairly unadventurous foundation user (sticking exclusively to Mac liquid foundations), I thought I'd step outside my comfort zone and give this one a try considering the positive reviews on YouTube. As an NC37 shade in Mac, I tried out 'True Nude' to discover it was a near perfect match! The small sparkles in it provide the most beautiful, dewy finish and detract from my dry skin (something that was highlighted by my matte foundations). I would say this is a medium coverage foundation that is good for everyday wear, providing luminosity instantly. And the price makes the product even more enticing, you can't go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by kristina93

An amazing foundation for the price. It has medium coverage and stays on pretty good throughout the day. I have a very oily T-zone and this helped keep the oil at bay. I love the finish of it, it's kind of dewy to satin. The scent is not overpowering and it has not broken me out. A really great drugstore one!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by helenanoelle

This is a pretty good foundation. Its medium coverage (in my opinion), cheap but does not feel cheap at all. The packaging is also great, it has a pump and a glass bottle (makes it feel more luxurious)
It has a flex of "lightning" to it to brighten and bring a glow to your face (hence the "wake me up" name) I have combination skin and i tend to get oily around my nose and forehead. When i set this with the Rimmel stay matte powder, it sits pretty good and doesnīt get oily. When i donīt, i tend to get oily. I think its a good winter-foundation for me, cause it covers pretty good and doesnīt dry my skin out. Recommended :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is based on only three days' wear so my opinion could change! After months of hearing how good this foundation is I finally caved and bought it. I bought it in shade 100 Ivory and am pleased with the match. This shade seems to be fairly neutral on me. I tend to find foundations run quite yellow on me.

This foundation makes ambitious claims for itself. It will 'reawaken and illuminate skin with a radiant glow and a flawless natural-looking finish. Instnant anit-fatigue effect.' (I take it this is the replacement for the discontinued Anti-fatigue foundation I bought a few years ago and was not that impressed by.)

So far I am very happy with this purchase. It gives very good coverage, especially when applied with a beauty blender sponge or foundation brush (I use the Boots No7 one). It manages to cover up my red blotches and even a couple of pimples I had on my chin. It does give my skin a lovely glow and without the horrible glittery bits that were in the older 'Anti-fatigue foundation'.

As for lastiqng power, it is quite good. Not as long-lasting as EL DW, Revlon Color Stay or Mac Pro-Longwear but it is still quite good. I find it will last for most of the working day. It might wear off a little around the T-zone but a light dusting of powder soon fixes that and I noticed that when I applied it with my fingers it lasted the shortest amount of time.

The packaging of this is very good. Nice glass bottle and a pump! (Why can't other companies do this? Come on Nars and EL!) You get the normal amount of foundation that you would get with other foundations - 30 mls or one fl oz.

Price wise, this this retails at Ģ8:99 but you can get it on offer at certain times of the year. It is not as pricey as Revlon CS or even the Boots No7 foundations.

So far, so very good. A welcome pick me up for my dull winter skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by jersey18

I really like Rimmel so I was really pleased when they brought out this new foundation. I first tried it as a small sample that I got in a magazine, and I instantly noticed how flawless my skin was. So I went out and bought a bottle and loved it! It really does 'wake up' my skin, it looks so glowing and awake. It leaves a dewy glow on my skin and it isn't too heavy. I like the bottle, I love orange so the lid and packaging really attracted me. I love everything about this foundation apart from the shimmers in the formula, I don't really like shimmer in foundation.