December 19, 2014 | 1305 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by moniib

This is a so so product for me. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of good things about it. My skin is on the drier side and most foundations can look very cakey and patchy, making me look older. This BB cream never made me look cakey which I loved. Of course, I would put a lot of moisturizer on and apply the bb cream right after when the moisturizer was still wet on my skin and i would have a dewy, medium coverage finish. If I didnt do it that way, the results werent cakey but it would feel very tight on my skin. It covered my acne, redness and discoloration very well. The reason why I would buy this again is because it felt very thick and sticky on my skin which I didnt like. I prefer lighter feeling foundations with good coverage like Chanel vitaluminere, thats HG for me. I think this bb cream is overpriced and thats why I wouldn't buy it again. Also, the packaging does not allow you to get the full product. I couldnt squeeze any of the bb cream out anymore so I decided to cut the top and there was literally 2 months worth of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by cheyneromero

This stuff is amazing. Firstly, it is the first foundation, or coverage type product that has ever matched my skin perfectly. I'm Native American and Spanish and Irish...usually the undertones in make up are too pink / too yellow / too white. I got this in light and it blends perfectly, you absolutely cannot tell I have anything on, which I love. I also noticed it keeps my shine down. Not all the way, but with my skin I think that's impossible. Plus, I love that it feels nourishing. I used to use Neutrogena's skin Clearing Foundation, but it really dried my skin out, and any other foundation severely broke me out. This is smooth and lightly creamy, but not heavy or oily. I'm in heaven. Plus it has SPF which I never used before (make up with SPF always broke me out) and now I finally can.

The only thing some might have a problem with is it's light coverage. It obviously doesn't give as much as a foundation would, but I like that. I use this, then Botanics Complexion Refining Concealer over my problem spots and I have just enough coverage. I am now able to have coverage without looking like I'm wearing anything. I love it. And it's great on my skin. Sure it's a bit pricey, but I guess you get what you pay for. This is actually the first thing I've gotten at Sephora, I'm typically a drug-store cosmetics kind of girl. But this is worth the money in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product works very well for me. I have suffered from bad skin in the past but it has been improving a lot in the past year so I don't need full foundation anymore. Plus, I go to the gym during my lunch break & I don't want the hassle of wiping off pounds of makeup & reapplying it again after working out. I received a sample of this BB cream & it gives just enough coverage to even out my skin tone, cover any redness (great after the gym) & it seems to absorb a bit of oil as well! I top it with a light dusting of powder & I'm good to go. The price seems high however you only need a small amount so it last a long time - I had a small sample tube of 0.25 oz & it has lasted me a couple months.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by amandadeutsch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When BB Creams started to become popular I wanted to get one immediatley but I didnt know which ones were good or bad, and every time I went to the drug store the maybelline dream fresh bb was always sold out of my color. So i went to sephora and tried the Smashbox photo finish, the cream has a very light texture, and is very blendable, however it does not last on the skin for as long as I would like and dries out skin, however this cream is good for evening skin tone in certain places not the entire face. next time I think I will try the Dr. Jart or the maybelline

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by macsud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was really excited when this product came out, and I rushed right to Sephora to get it. I bought the medium deep, because the deep made me look a little too muddy. However, medium deep made me look like I had dusted my face with powder. It always makes my make-up look a little too matte and dry. However, I like the SPF 35 and it does make it easier to put on my foundation, so I guess I would recommend it as a glorified, tinted primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by CoconutMonkey22

I don't usually write reviews on products, but I've been reading a lot of them lately and felt I needed to write a review of this product. This product is pretty expensive for the quality. Luckily, I got it in the SmashBox trial kit and didn't pay for a full sized product. I have acne prone skin at 28 (errghhh) and thought this would be nice for light coverage during the day just running around.....I was wrong. This made my blemishes stand out even more than without makeup. It intensified my pores and blemishes and made me look horrible. Many people have raved about this product, but I would NOT recommend it for people with those small white bumps you get or large pores. It just made my face look like a mess and I would definitely not repurchase this product. It may work great if you have perfect skin, but if you get any blemishes on a regular basis, I would stay away from the Smashbox BB cream at all costs....especially the cost of this product. Sorry, I love the primer and mascaras, but this is just NOT for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by tsaraya29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Seeing as I'm on my 3rd tube of Smashbox BB Cream, I figured I'd write a review. IMO this is the best BB cream that works with darker skin (NW45/NC50), because most, if not all of the other BB creams, are only made for light to medium skin. That said, I really like the effect of this product when used with liquid foundation (NARS Sheer, MAC foundations & Bobbi Brown Longwear). There is no ashy or weird finish from the Dark shade and this does prime and prep my face for foundation very well. This was my go-to primer this whole summer as I was out and about a lot and needed my foundation to last through the heat and humidity. Smashbox BB is like glue for my foundation. (not in a bad sticky way, but in staying power). I've tried 3-4 other BB creams and this is the only one that can also be worn alone and not look bad.
My only concern is that in the winter, my skin is uber dry and this will not have enough moisturizing effect for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this for a few days and am delighted with it. I have fair skin, reddish cheeks, combination skin with large pores. It gives enough coverage and sets really fast. Feels like when Mac face and body starts to set as you apply it, but it's thicker with better coverage. With a light press of powder, it really minimizes the old pores. Unlike foundations, it has a certain opacity to it, doesn't look so much like youre wearing a powdery foundation, and it doesn't emphasize lines around the eyes as foundations with powder over them can do. Best of all I can use it on it's own. No moisturizer first. Mistake proof. Excellent colour match, I bought the light. Not at all greasy like other bb creams either.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by manini3

This oxidized on my skin - I was a full shade darker by mid-morning - and I don't even have oily skin! The coverage and finish are fine, but I wouldn't sacrifice the integrity of shade for this. The packaging is not so great, given how expensive this product is. The little cap doesn't fit securely onto the tube, and the orifice is jagged and seems too small for the formula. I will be returning this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm a little biased because I never tried a bb cream BUT that's due to lack of yellow tones in other bb's. So that being said, this stuff is pretty decent. I do get oily but I like that it matches me well. NC30 color I bought light. However, if you have really light skin I believe you might have some issues finding a correct shade. They are limited. I do set it with either my banana powder or elf hd powder. It's perfect when I get lazy and I don't want to mix in my sunscreen with foundation and put a primer on.