September 18, 2014 | 1690 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by tsaraya29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Seeing as I'm on my 3rd tube of Smashbox BB Cream, I figured I'd write a review. IMO this is the best BB cream that works with darker skin (NW45/NC50), because most, if not all of the other BB creams, are only made for light to medium skin. That said, I really like the effect of this product when used with liquid foundation (NARS Sheer, MAC foundations & Bobbi Brown Longwear). There is no ashy or weird finish from the Dark shade and this does prime and prep my face for foundation very well. This was my go-to primer this whole summer as I was out and about a lot and needed my foundation to last through the heat and humidity. Smashbox BB is like glue for my foundation. (not in a bad sticky way, but in staying power). I've tried 3-4 other BB creams and this is the only one that can also be worn alone and not look bad.
My only concern is that in the winter, my skin is uber dry and this will not have enough moisturizing effect for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this for a few days and am delighted with it. I have fair skin, reddish cheeks, combination skin with large pores. It gives enough coverage and sets really fast. Feels like when Mac face and body starts to set as you apply it, but it's thicker with better coverage. With a light press of powder, it really minimizes the old pores. Unlike foundations, it has a certain opacity to it, doesn't look so much like youre wearing a powdery foundation, and it doesn't emphasize lines around the eyes as foundations with powder over them can do. Best of all I can use it on it's own. No moisturizer first. Mistake proof. Excellent colour match, I bought the light. Not at all greasy like other bb creams either.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by manini3

This oxidized on my skin - I was a full shade darker by mid-morning - and I don't even have oily skin! The coverage and finish are fine, but I wouldn't sacrifice the integrity of shade for this. The packaging is not so great, given how expensive this product is. The little cap doesn't fit securely onto the tube, and the orifice is jagged and seems too small for the formula. I will be returning this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm a little biased because I never tried a bb cream BUT that's due to lack of yellow tones in other bb's. So that being said, this stuff is pretty decent. I do get oily but I like that it matches me well. NC30 color I bought light. However, if you have really light skin I believe you might have some issues finding a correct shade. They are limited. I do set it with either my banana powder or elf hd powder. It's perfect when I get lazy and I don't want to mix in my sunscreen with foundation and put a primer on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by playsindirt

I have mixed feelings about this product. It is an all-in-one which tries to do many things - mattify, moisturizer, prime, etc. When I first tried it I applied it like a moisturizer and the results were really bad. On the second try, I applied it like a foundation with a sponge and it looked great. It seems a little drying which is odd because the finish is dewy, almost pearl-y. Coverage is pretty minimal but my skin glows when I apply this correctly. Wear is average as is the priming capabilities. It's a fairly decent effort from Smashbox. The REAL downside is the price. Pretty pricey for such a small tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by laurelwatanabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I like this American BB a lot, I'm half Japanese but the Asian BB's are too grey for me. This BB has a high SPF which I love, I have combination skin oily T zone and dry cheeks, it keeps my T zone matte and doesn't dry out my cheeks or cake up on them. Coverage is moderate, enough to cover my redness and purplish flat acne scars with one coat and doesn't end up looking heavy or unnatural like I think a lot of foundations end up looking. The price is high for the amount but a little goes a long way and it provides more coverage than the other BB's I've tried, Clinique, Too Faced, Garnier, Skin 79. I don't skip my moisturizer but I do skip primer, sun screen, concealer and foundation so a big time and money saver I'll purchase again. I'm a NW35 and wear light/medium for reference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

This is one of the better performing BB Creams that I've tried out. It doesn't give me that grayish cast that a lot of western BB creams tend to do. Even though I liked it, I feel like this performed a lot like a tinted moisturizer though so I'm not sure what is so special about it yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Emim05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of the smash box bb cream in light at Ulta. It is amazing! It is like a foundation, primer, etc And a little bit goes a long way.

I usually have to lotion, prime, foundation, veil, blush.
With this product (I was suppose to use lotion before but I didnt') I just put it on. It's thick like a tinted moisturizer but covered my red and (non-whithead) acne like a foundation and powder.

I still see my acne but without the redness. My skin feels silky smooth with this product on. When my sample runs out I am definately going to puchase.

It's $39.00 at Ulta. I say the price is a 3 because no it's not a $10 drugstore brand but it's also not a $50+ department store cream.

I think if you don't need lots of coverage (wrinkles or giant acne) and just want something quick to throw on before you run out the door this is it! Otherwise this would make an awesome product to go under your mineral makeup or a powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by dpmsll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Color: NC30, ELDW 'Tawny'

I bought this bb cream in light. I actually like this product..days when i need more coverage i put this under my foundation. With one layer of this it conceals my blemishes pretty damn good. It makes my skin look really dewy even under my full coverage foundation. It makes my skin really supple and soft. I really like this product. This is my first bb cream I've ever tried. Some say its not and its more like a tinted moisturizer. Whatever it is... i like. It is really quite expensive..at $39.00. I ELDW foundation retails for $36.00. Conceals my red acne spots real good! i would definitely repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by LTETobago

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So someone raved about this on YT as being better thatn the Maybelline BB cream. She stated that it was more like a foundation and gave a matte finish. My opinion is it does give a matte finish but if I wanted a foundation I would buy one. Although this cream does look great when it goes on, I found that it did not last all day. It probably lasted about 5 hours used with my MSFN. I didnt expect it either. I looked at my face throughout the day and I looked like I just woke up. Thank goodness I just got a free Sample and did not buy.