October 20, 2014 | 1962 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by amandadeutsch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When BB Creams started to become popular I wanted to get one immediatley but I didnt know which ones were good or bad, and every time I went to the drug store the maybelline dream fresh bb was always sold out of my color. So i went to sephora and tried the Smashbox photo finish, the cream has a very light texture, and is very blendable, however it does not last on the skin for as long as I would like and dries out skin, however this cream is good for evening skin tone in certain places not the entire face. next time I think I will try the Dr. Jart or the maybelline

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by macsud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was really excited when this product came out, and I rushed right to Sephora to get it. I bought the medium deep, because the deep made me look a little too muddy. However, medium deep made me look like I had dusted my face with powder. It always makes my make-up look a little too matte and dry. However, I like the SPF 35 and it does make it easier to put on my foundation, so I guess I would recommend it as a glorified, tinted primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by CoconutMonkey22

I don't usually write reviews on products, but I've been reading a lot of them lately and felt I needed to write a review of this product. This product is pretty expensive for the quality. Luckily, I got it in the SmashBox trial kit and didn't pay for a full sized product. I have acne prone skin at 28 (errghhh) and thought this would be nice for light coverage during the day just running around.....I was wrong. This made my blemishes stand out even more than without makeup. It intensified my pores and blemishes and made me look horrible. Many people have raved about this product, but I would NOT recommend it for people with those small white bumps you get or large pores. It just made my face look like a mess and I would definitely not repurchase this product. It may work great if you have perfect skin, but if you get any blemishes on a regular basis, I would stay away from the Smashbox BB cream at all costs....especially the cost of this product. Sorry, I love the primer and mascaras, but this is just NOT for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by tsaraya29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Seeing as I'm on my 3rd tube of Smashbox BB Cream, I figured I'd write a review. IMO this is the best BB cream that works with darker skin (NW45/NC50), because most, if not all of the other BB creams, are only made for light to medium skin. That said, I really like the effect of this product when used with liquid foundation (NARS Sheer, MAC foundations & Bobbi Brown Longwear). There is no ashy or weird finish from the Dark shade and this does prime and prep my face for foundation very well. This was my go-to primer this whole summer as I was out and about a lot and needed my foundation to last through the heat and humidity. Smashbox BB is like glue for my foundation. (not in a bad sticky way, but in staying power). I've tried 3-4 other BB creams and this is the only one that can also be worn alone and not look bad.
My only concern is that in the winter, my skin is uber dry and this will not have enough moisturizing effect for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this for a few days and am delighted with it. I have fair skin, reddish cheeks, combination skin with large pores. It gives enough coverage and sets really fast. Feels like when Mac face and body starts to set as you apply it, but it's thicker with better coverage. With a light press of powder, it really minimizes the old pores. Unlike foundations, it has a certain opacity to it, doesn't look so much like youre wearing a powdery foundation, and it doesn't emphasize lines around the eyes as foundations with powder over them can do. Best of all I can use it on it's own. No moisturizer first. Mistake proof. Excellent colour match, I bought the light. Not at all greasy like other bb creams either.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by manini3

This oxidized on my skin - I was a full shade darker by mid-morning - and I don't even have oily skin! The coverage and finish are fine, but I wouldn't sacrifice the integrity of shade for this. The packaging is not so great, given how expensive this product is. The little cap doesn't fit securely onto the tube, and the orifice is jagged and seems too small for the formula. I will be returning this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm a little biased because I never tried a bb cream BUT that's due to lack of yellow tones in other bb's. So that being said, this stuff is pretty decent. I do get oily but I like that it matches me well. NC30 color I bought light. However, if you have really light skin I believe you might have some issues finding a correct shade. They are limited. I do set it with either my banana powder or elf hd powder. It's perfect when I get lazy and I don't want to mix in my sunscreen with foundation and put a primer on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by playsindirt

I have mixed feelings about this product. It is an all-in-one which tries to do many things - mattify, moisturizer, prime, etc. When I first tried it I applied it like a moisturizer and the results were really bad. On the second try, I applied it like a foundation with a sponge and it looked great. It seems a little drying which is odd because the finish is dewy, almost pearl-y. Coverage is pretty minimal but my skin glows when I apply this correctly. Wear is average as is the priming capabilities. It's a fairly decent effort from Smashbox. The REAL downside is the price. Pretty pricey for such a small tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by laurelwatanabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I like this American BB a lot, I'm half Japanese but the Asian BB's are too grey for me. This BB has a high SPF which I love, I have combination skin oily T zone and dry cheeks, it keeps my T zone matte and doesn't dry out my cheeks or cake up on them. Coverage is moderate, enough to cover my redness and purplish flat acne scars with one coat and doesn't end up looking heavy or unnatural like I think a lot of foundations end up looking. The price is high for the amount but a little goes a long way and it provides more coverage than the other BB's I've tried, Clinique, Too Faced, Garnier, Skin 79. I don't skip my moisturizer but I do skip primer, sun screen, concealer and foundation so a big time and money saver I'll purchase again. I'm a NW35 and wear light/medium for reference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

This is one of the better performing BB Creams that I've tried out. It doesn't give me that grayish cast that a lot of western BB creams tend to do. Even though I liked it, I feel like this performed a lot like a tinted moisturizer though so I'm not sure what is so special about it yet.