April 18, 2014 | 916 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner ] [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by alice2078

I really liked this gel liner. Super pigmented and really nice packaging for the price. In Canada this is $2 - $4 dollars so a really good deal. Also it is super creamy and pigmented, personally I don't have oily lids just normal so without setting it or even putting a primer it lasted around six hours for me! The only problem was that it does smudge, and you need to be a bit abrasive to get it off.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a great drugstore liner, but i personally prefer the mac fluidline.
    this is very creamy and very black, blacker than the mac one and i love this for traditional lining, however, my favorite way to line my eyes is tightlining, in which this stuff smudges, not badly and only after 4 hours (with no primer and not setting it, i just watched movies, so no sweating or anything), but still smudges, and my day is usually pretty long and there's usually a bit more sweating involved.
    it does, however, do well against some other eyeliners i have, so it's still a very good product.
    when i put this and fluidline side by side on the back of my hand, let it dry, and rub it, i notice fluidline kind of flakes off while this one smudges off, i think that's why it smudges on my eyelid.
    this stuff stays pretty well on the waterline, so i'll keep using it for that, but i would honestly rather spend the 18 dollars on fluidline than this, just for that peace of mind. it's great if you don't have super oily eyelids like i do tho, so i'd still recommend it.

UPDATE: it smudges like crazy on my waterline too, again, as opposed to flaking away in little bits (and not giving me the panda look)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Oilyacneproneskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the black and taupe/grey. The black is very intense black and I like it but can't use everyday as it is too much. the taupe is good as well but seems a little less pigmented. I bought this at a local shoppers drug mart along with the eyeliner brush (dirt cheap but much better than the much more expensive eyeliner brushes I got from sigma) As with all eyeliners, it does smudge on my oily skin even with primer. This is comparable to all the more expensive gel liners I have (clinique in jet black, Kate in brown). Definitely will buy again...will look for the brown next time as I like a more natural look and brown gel liners definitely is the way to go for a natural look. The formula is smooth, creamy and very easy to apply

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Fairangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A few months ago I meant to buy the brown gel-eyeliner from Catrice, but I ended up buying black, because all the brown eyeliners had been touched. People had put their fingers into them -_-'.
    I recieved comments though that a lighter eyeliner would work better for me, because I've got a very pale skin. So, today I ended up in a store that didn't sell Catrice, so I took a look at the Essence-section. I found this 'London Baby' gel-eyeliner. I've just tried it on and the color indeed suits my skin better. It's hard to say what color it is exactly, but I'd say it's brown-greyish. It wasn't too hard to put on, it didn't give me any trouble. It's dry now and I don't feel it at all. I'm curious how long it will last.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by mariasigma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay this product works amazing (at least on me :P i don't have oily eyelids).l wore it in the morning travelled for hours i was sweaty , i even splashed my face with water several times and it did not smudge at all! l practically had it on for over 8 hours. Oh btw i didnt use any primer or eyeshadow. lt costs like 3,50 euros in greece so thats a pretty good deal. Definitely buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by 10amald3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing for the price! I have yet to use any colors other than black but I plan to purchase more. The price is very affordable and the packaging is very effective, has a nice and tight seal to prevent drying out, I have almost finished the entire jar and it has yet to dry out! This product will last you a very long time as well, I've been using it daily for over a year and have yet to finish. The formula is very creamy and the color is rich and dark just like a black liner should be. On the water line or the lid, this color stays on forever, has amazing staying power, would definitely recommend it for girls that have watery eyes, will definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by xvivifyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was horrible and so disappointing. I returned it, I REALLY wanted this to work since it was so darn cheap. Which, should have tipped me off.
    After wearing it for only an hour I had awful smudges under my eyes. I had hardly put much product on anyway. It took some effort to get off of my skin as well. I tried it a few more times and had the same result. Even primer couldn't save this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 6:28:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeofmylife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's an okay gel liner. It smudges on me :( sob sob I was hoping much for this product since everyone raves about it.
    The good thing about it is that it is SUPER CHEAP and the glass packaging is pretty, the colour selection is also pretty.
    I really loved the colour London Baby but as I said before it smudges on me. :(
    Too bad. I'll just collect for colours then..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by wingcheek

I just bought this product and i am quite amazed with it. I did a swatch on my hand and after 10 seconds or so, it completely dried. i tried rubbing it off (really hard) with my thumb and it did not move at all!! A tiny bit of product gives off ALOT of bold colour and it lasts on my really oily lids for a long time! I tried the infamous maybelline one, but it was not as good as this one! I really recommend this for people with oily lids; with eyeprimer, this product will last all day and night. It only costed me $3.50 and got midnight in paris and london baby. I'm abit disappointed with london baby because i was looking for a dark brown colour but this one seems to come off more purplish than brown because of the sparkles. Nonetheless, i love both of these colours and the product overall since it does not smudge or wear off.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Gothkenny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got the purple liner as a gift from a friend. I wasn't expecting much because of the price tag, but I was amazed at how well these liners work. The purple color doesn't show up well on the skin, but the formula makes up for it. These babies stay on my skin for hours and they practically apply themselves. If they made these in more colors, I would jump for joy. I love this product.