November 22, 2014 | 1419 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Add me to the list of lip butter loyalists.

I've heard a ton about these from all over the place and have been wanting to pick some up forever. The regular retail price is a little high for the brand/product, but I was able to find a great deal online and purchased 8 of the colours.

I find these about as moisturizing as my usual balm, which is great, and they last on the lips about the same amount of time. When I'm not eating or drinking, the effect stays pretty well for a couple hours, and, once it wears off, there's still colour on the lips, a little like a stain, though it's not as glossy-looking as it is freshly applied.

I have no problems with bleeding/feathering, and don't find it settles into any lines. These actually make my lips look a tad fuller. Not sure if it's because of the product, or because they're still new and exciting for me, so I'm hyper-aware of wearing them and can't stop looking at my lips xD

I really love that the colours are buildable, providing a sheer wash of colour, or a brighter finish, depending on how much you apply. The #1 reason I don't wear lipstick often is because so many just look too cakey, too opaque, and too fake. I don't have that problem with these and, because they're buildable, I can get away with using any colour. I bought these after only seeing swatches online, and each of the 8 colours I got works great for me.

The product itself has absolutely no taste and only the teeniest, tiniest hint of a vanilla scent, so these are likely good for people who are scent-sensitive.

Definitely one of my favourite lip products, next to the Revlon balm stain.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by MeikoSama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lots of pigment, however I don't find this very moisturizing. It's also settles into the fline lines on my lips and accentuates any dry skin/cracks. Not cheap either for a drugstore product. I know lots of people love it but it's just not for me. Maybe if your lips already aren't very dry this might be a good product

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by princessvalentinexoxo

They are AMAZING! You have to get one like NOW! I have two but I want more :) They are pigmented, moisturzing, and come in pretty tubes. I'm just always scared when I open the tube that i'm going to break it or something D: But overall, these are really good and if you want a hot pink, get Sweet Tart and if you want a nice warm tone of red, get Candy Apple :) HAVE FUN!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by keepitreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have 9 of these lovely lippies: Berry Smoothie, Candy Apple, Pink Truffle, Peach Parfait, Strawberry Shortcake, Pink Lemonade, Sorbet, Wild Watermelon, and Juicy Papaya (the last 4 just hit shelves). I love them all, but I'd have to say that Peach Parfait is my least favorite due to the glitter. I stopped wearing anything with color on my lips for a few years because it seemed that everything other than lip balm would cause them to peel like crazy. Finally I found and fell in love with Fresh's Sugar Rose tinted lip treatment. I still use and love it, but really wanted to find a product that was similar but not so expensive. I did some research and decided to give these a shot - I hit a goldmine!! These are less slippery than the Fresh Rose Balm and more pigmented. Both are moisturizing without a balm underneath and wear for about 2 to 3 hours. These do not cause my lips to peel and feel absolutely wonderful to wear. I like that most of them are semi-sheer (some of the darker/brighter shades border on opaque) but buildable and, with most of them, I can easily touch up without a mirror. This is definitely my HG lipstick and I am so glad that I can wear color on my lips again without breaking the bank or jacking up my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup963

I liked these lip butter. I heard all the beauty gurus (on YouTube) raving on and on about how they can not live without them and how you'd be missing out. But do i agree no not really their colour selection is wide but not overly unique. However I do like them, very creamy, average price and packaging also has pretty good staying power. My only complaint would probably be that the lighter more nude colors are much less pigmented and appear very similar on the lips. Darker shade Such as raspberry pie, and lollipop are great. I would recommend them to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by rogue24x

Great product that I would definitely recommend. Colour is sheer, but not as sheer as a tinted lip balm. Just very wearable. Feels smooth, not drying. Price and packaging is pretty average for a drugstore product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I like this product, but it isn't some miracle like I have heard. The price is a little steep but thats ok, I like to try new products. The things I liked about this product are:
-great packaing
-pigmented well
-great colors
-there are sheer colors available

What I didn't like about this is that:
-pretty expensive compared to most butter/balm products
-this is more of a lipstick than a balm

Don't take if you are looking for a tinted balm! Ok product in my book but a little pricey in comparison to other lip balms

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by nomnomloot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great for a bit of color, moisturize, available in a lot of shades, some being more sparkly than others.
Got these for 4$ each in Canada after paying full price a couple times, amazing deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Joann3

The Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter, is my favor at the moment.. It's nicely pigmented, creamy and most importantly doesn't dry up my lips. I have my color in Strawberry Shortcake & Sweet Tart. Would like to get the nude shade Creme Brulee but can't seem to get it here :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by MmakeupP

Overall I really love this lip butter! I have it in 6 colors and I really like them. Pros- very smooth, moisturizing, glossy, many colors, makes flakey/dry lips look better. Cons- doesn't last long, smudges sometimes