November 25, 2014 | 1853 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup (2011 Formulation)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Tracem

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this in 020 and it's a great colour match after a few minutes, when the foundation has time to "sink in". I've been using the MAC Prep + Prime Fortified Skin Enhancer in Adjust as a base. I set with Chanel loose powder using a kabuki brush and then spray lightly with MAC Fix +. This foundation lasts all day at work with only one touch up at lunch time for my nose. The foundation gives what I would call a soft diffused glow, rather than dewy, if I want a dewy finish then I use the Guerlain Parure Aqua. I also have the Dior Extreme, but prefer this foundation as the Extreme looks a bit "flat".

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 6:53:00 AM More reviews by annakimla

I switched to this foundation from Estée Louder Dw light. Dior Forever is not as heavy, but covers even better. Makes my skin looks younger and healthier. The shade 020 matches my fair skin tone perfectly! It has yellow undertone and hence covers red spots really well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

I bought this by accident - I just saw "Forever" and assumed it was the same product as the now-retired "Extreme Wear" Forever Foundation, which I adored. When I got home, I saw it was a different formula and that my shade, 30, was a tad darker than my 30 in the original.

Luckily I love it. Here's what different: the shade is a bit different (I might have gone one shade lighter had I actually tested it) and the finish is a bit dewier and not as matte as the old Forever. That said, it held up a very impressive length of time, which, let's face it, you usually only get with drier-looking finishes. I have oily skin and most foundations do not last on me; I went into the bathroom about four hours after applying this and my face still looked fresh, glowy and flawless. I realize four hours doesn't sound very long to a lot of people but usually my skin has melted/eaten off my foundation by that point.

So I love this and sort of consider it the perfect hybrid of Diorskin Nude and the old Forever - it has the luminous finish of Nude and the lasting power of Forever. I'll even call this my HG foundation. And just to describe my skin, it's combination/oily/aging, no wrinkles or lines, but with shadows and veins around my eyes. NC27.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by eruiel

This high-end liquid foundation has a very nice texture. It’s not too thin or too thick to work with. It therefore applies very easily. This foundation provides light to medium coverage, and you can easily build up the coverage without it looking cakey. In my experience, this foundation has a satin finish that looks very natural. It also lasts all day, without fading or oxidizing, which some lower-end foundations tend to do on combination or oily skin. It also didn’t break me out, although I have sensitive skin. Even though it is kind of expensive, I only need one pump to do my entire face, and so it should last you a while.

Pros:
+ Nice texture
+ Buildable coverage
+ Lasts all day
+ Has SPF 25

Cons:
- Quite expensive compared to low-end brands

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 4:47:00 AM More reviews by JoannaSLS

Love, love, LOVE! Great application, coverage and longlasting.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by makesmesmile

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation. I bought it in the shade 20. My skin has neutral undertones and my MAC shade is NW20/NC20. I prefer a natural or slightly glowing finish, but I wanted to try something that has a matte finish.
The color is just perfect for me. It's really easy to blend and I really like the smell of it. The staying power is okay, but could be better. I'm also not that happy with the coverage; just a little bit higher would be nice. I stopped using it because it's winter and I feel like this would be my perfect summer foundation, because I get a little bit oily in summer.
I think this would be great if you are looking for a matte foundation and if you have normal or combination skin and prefer a light to medium coverage (not really buildable by the way!)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by deeburnbridge

I've been reading many reviews of this product because I was searching for a foundation to suit some of my requirements. And I've decided to add one of my own should it help anyone who's interested in this. I'm not a foundation junkie; I've only a Chanel Mat Lumiere Foundation in #20 Clair and a Giorgio Armani Luminous Skin Foundation in #5 that I both love except I needed something in between for daily work wear. The thing with Chanel's Mat Lumiere is that it runs a little yellow, it looks great initially on but it oxidises throughout the day and strangely enough (!) it doesn't do much for my combi skin that gets oily in the T-zone. About 2hrs or so and I'm greasing up. By the end of the day, my face looks little muddy and just generally, for me, very unattractive like 'dead skin'. Nonetheless, Mat Lumiere has great texture etc. On the other hand, Giorgio Armani (my HG) is too expensive (with not as much coverage not that I like foundation with medium coverage; I really like foundations which sit very light, meld to the skin so you can't really feel that it's there) for everyday use. And my Sulwhasoo Whitening BB Base doesn't have enough coverage if I've got a blemish spot that day or something.

So I turned to Diorskin Forever (new formulation) - many raves and many gripes but so far I'm in my first week of using no problems as yet. I swatched 020 and 010 on my hand but couldn't quite tell the different so I got the SA to colour me in at my jawline. Both have a little pink undertones to it. She recommended 020 (I'm neutral skin tone) though I tried 010 as well. The latter is certainly a tad fairer on my skin but that was only INITIALLY. 020 seemed almost a perfect match although it appeared dull and that is a big sign to me that its just gonna oxidise and turn brown and gross. Anyhow, didn't notice much oxidation with this foundation (so unlike MAC's Face & Body which just didn't do anything spectacular for my east asian skin). It did change a little but after that not much, doesn't really budge either and a little more coverage than I'm normally comfortable with so I reckon that's pretty good for work as I want to put a good face forward. I took the 010 and today am wearing it with NO PRIMER or MAKEUP BASE. Have set it with Chanel's loose powder in Peche Clair. Sits very well on skin. I normally have an SPF50 PA+++ under my makeup but with Diorskin's SPF25 PA+++ I'm thinking I'll live a little today.

Would just like to see how this holds up for longer hour(age) wear. In comparison to Chanel's MatLumiere I have already high hopes for this controlling my face oils a lot better.

•••UPDATE•••
Morning to evening wear: pretty much stays on.
Morning to afternoon 6hr wear: stays on, coverage still there like when I put it on in the morning. Does shine up midway so blotting is necessary although my face is not greased up very much, only visible shine (I believe that's partly due to this part dewy-part matte formulation) so powdering down with a touchup powder is sufficient. Mega like this. A noticeable difference to other supposedly mattifying foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 7:41:00 AM More reviews by piradanan9

It s medium coverage with matt finish. I like little bit glow so I bought Dior Skin Nude but it lighter coverage so I mixed them both and I got the lovely look glowly. I love them both.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 6:21:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

UPDATE: This broke me out. The chemical sunscreens and fragrance and alcohol in it irritated my skin. I still use this occasionally for dance competitions/performances because the finish and coverage is really really amazing.

ORIGINAL:
I like this foundation a lot. The coverage is great, medium coverage but still natural looking. It's like the Nude foundation (similar finish) but with more coverage. I have some red marks from cystic acne and this covers it pretty well with one or two layers.

There was a learning curve for me though. You can't use a thick moisturiser under this. Also, this picks up on flakies quite a bit, but significantly less than other foundations I've tried. I used my fingers to apply this and I found that it was streaky and didn't blend well if I used a thick layer. So what I do is use a thin layer all over then dab more on the bits where I need more coverage. It doesn't look cakey at all.

I can do without powder for this. (I have sensitive combi skin) and it does oxidise a little bit in the first 15min or so, but after that initial oxidation, it doesn't turn orange and it actually looks more natural.I need to powder this on the areas with multiple layers. If I put 2 layers of this and don't powder, it tends to separate and crack a little after a while.

I would like it even more if it didn't have all the "skin care serum" things in it. All the additional ingredients make me nervous and I feel like it's all going to irritate my skin/clog my pores.

Colour wise: I'm about NC 20-25, B20 in Chanel Teint Innocence. And I use #21 in this.

So far, this hasn't broken me out or clogged my pores. Just be sure to wash it off completely at the end of the day!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by ruthnleander

When I went to Sephora I wanted to get the the Smashbox HD healthy foundation and but the lady (she works in Dior) told me to try the new Dior foundation because it gives more coverage than the HD healthy foundation. After she put the Dior foundation at first I didn't like it because it felt thick and heavy on my face, but I bought it anyway because I didn't want her to feel bad. I've been using it for 3 times now and so far its good but it dries out pretty quick as what Rae told on her review on youtube.