August 1, 2014 | 1876 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup (2011 Formulation)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by deeburnbridge

I've been reading many reviews of this product because I was searching for a foundation to suit some of my requirements. And I've decided to add one of my own should it help anyone who's interested in this. I'm not a foundation junkie; I've only a Chanel Mat Lumiere Foundation in #20 Clair and a Giorgio Armani Luminous Skin Foundation in #5 that I both love except I needed something in between for daily work wear. The thing with Chanel's Mat Lumiere is that it runs a little yellow, it looks great initially on but it oxidises throughout the day and strangely enough (!) it doesn't do much for my combi skin that gets oily in the T-zone. About 2hrs or so and I'm greasing up. By the end of the day, my face looks little muddy and just generally, for me, very unattractive like 'dead skin'. Nonetheless, Mat Lumiere has great texture etc. On the other hand, Giorgio Armani (my HG) is too expensive (with not as much coverage not that I like foundation with medium coverage; I really like foundations which sit very light, meld to the skin so you can't really feel that it's there) for everyday use. And my Sulwhasoo Whitening BB Base doesn't have enough coverage if I've got a blemish spot that day or something.

So I turned to Diorskin Forever (new formulation) - many raves and many gripes but so far I'm in my first week of using no problems as yet. I swatched 020 and 010 on my hand but couldn't quite tell the different so I got the SA to colour me in at my jawline. Both have a little pink undertones to it. She recommended 020 (I'm neutral skin tone) though I tried 010 as well. The latter is certainly a tad fairer on my skin but that was only INITIALLY. 020 seemed almost a perfect match although it appeared dull and that is a big sign to me that its just gonna oxidise and turn brown and gross. Anyhow, didn't notice much oxidation with this foundation (so unlike MAC's Face & Body which just didn't do anything spectacular for my east asian skin). It did change a little but after that not much, doesn't really budge either and a little more coverage than I'm normally comfortable with so I reckon that's pretty good for work as I want to put a good face forward. I took the 010 and today am wearing it with NO PRIMER or MAKEUP BASE. Have set it with Chanel's loose powder in Peche Clair. Sits very well on skin. I normally have an SPF50 PA+++ under my makeup but with Diorskin's SPF25 PA+++ I'm thinking I'll live a little today.

Would just like to see how this holds up for longer hour(age) wear. In comparison to Chanel's MatLumiere I have already high hopes for this controlling my face oils a lot better.

•••UPDATE•••
Morning to evening wear: pretty much stays on.
Morning to afternoon 6hr wear: stays on, coverage still there like when I put it on in the morning. Does shine up midway so blotting is necessary although my face is not greased up very much, only visible shine (I believe that's partly due to this part dewy-part matte formulation) so powdering down with a touchup powder is sufficient. Mega like this. A noticeable difference to other supposedly mattifying foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 7:41:00 AM More reviews by piradanan9

It s medium coverage with matt finish. I like little bit glow so I bought Dior Skin Nude but it lighter coverage so I mixed them both and I got the lovely look glowly. I love them both.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 6:21:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

UPDATE: This broke me out. The chemical sunscreens and fragrance and alcohol in it irritated my skin. I still use this occasionally for dance competitions/performances because the finish and coverage is really really amazing.

ORIGINAL:
I like this foundation a lot. The coverage is great, medium coverage but still natural looking. It's like the Nude foundation (similar finish) but with more coverage. I have some red marks from cystic acne and this covers it pretty well with one or two layers.

There was a learning curve for me though. You can't use a thick moisturiser under this. Also, this picks up on flakies quite a bit, but significantly less than other foundations I've tried. I used my fingers to apply this and I found that it was streaky and didn't blend well if I used a thick layer. So what I do is use a thin layer all over then dab more on the bits where I need more coverage. It doesn't look cakey at all.

I can do without powder for this. (I have sensitive combi skin) and it does oxidise a little bit in the first 15min or so, but after that initial oxidation, it doesn't turn orange and it actually looks more natural.I need to powder this on the areas with multiple layers. If I put 2 layers of this and don't powder, it tends to separate and crack a little after a while.

I would like it even more if it didn't have all the "skin care serum" things in it. All the additional ingredients make me nervous and I feel like it's all going to irritate my skin/clog my pores.

Colour wise: I'm about NC 20-25, B20 in Chanel Teint Innocence. And I use #21 in this.

So far, this hasn't broken me out or clogged my pores. Just be sure to wash it off completely at the end of the day!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by ruthnleander

When I went to Sephora I wanted to get the the Smashbox HD healthy foundation and but the lady (she works in Dior) told me to try the new Dior foundation because it gives more coverage than the HD healthy foundation. After she put the Dior foundation at first I didn't like it because it felt thick and heavy on my face, but I bought it anyway because I didn't want her to feel bad. I've been using it for 3 times now and so far its good but it dries out pretty quick as what Rae told on her review on youtube.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Kittea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I honestly prefer the old formula of this foundation, it was a bit thicker but it looked absolutely beautiful when I applied it with my fingers. This foundation, not so much. It is definitely a bit more fluid than the other formula, which makes either a brush or sponge necessary for a streak free application. With that said, the coverage is comparable, as is the longevity of wear. Sadly, the color 10 is darker than the previous formula, but looking at the website I can see that perhaps 11 would be a better match, it is a less pink version of 10, and I will try that next. Overall, I am underwhelmed with the changes to this product, but it has not changed so drastically from the previous formulation that I completely dislike it. It is long wearing, covers wonderfully, and sits beautifully on my skin. A solid 4. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by betch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As expensive as it was, this foundation is great for everyday wear. It's not too heavy but still buildable if you want a bit more coverage. It does have a noticeable smell but it hasn't caused me any problems. At around AUD$70 it is a bit pricey but you'd pay around the same for any other higher end brands like MAC or Este Lauder. I did find that if i didn't wash it off properly my skin broke out but it's easy with a bit of makeup remover. I was also lucky enough to find a perfect match for my skin tone. Overall i'd definitely buy it again, but don't bother if you want anything more than an even skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by LesleyG

I got a very generous sample from sephora. I immediately fall in love with it and ordered a full size! I love the color range. 0 stands for neutral tone and 1 is for those who have yellow undertone. The shade selection is particularly great for asian skintone. It probably won't work out that well for dark complexion. The coverage is medium but definitely buildable. The finish is really different from the rest of the foundation I've tried. It's matte but not completely matte.. the reason I give 4 lippies instead of 5 is because I do need touch up after couple of hours. I have combo skin and my t-zone did get oily. But I didn't use any pressed powder over. It probably will get better if I used any setting powder.
The best way to apply this foundation is your hand! The warmth of your hand will help blend. I find using foundation brush will cakeup. If you still have second thoughts about it, always go to a dior counter and try it on first. And it does oxide so give it couple of hours to see if you like it or now.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a very generous sample of this from a sweet SA in my Dior fdt color, Linen. I absolutely LOVE it. I tried the old formula, which was too drying. I also tried the Diorskin Nude Fresh Glow, which I do not dislike, but it's not as full-coverage as I like it to be (good for summer, though). I always wanted a way in between, but Dior is too expensive a brand (for me) to go about buying two bottles at at time.

Enter this new formulation of Forever Extreme Wear. Perfect. I feels exactly as the blend I mentioned above. It covers well, it's light, it does not look masky, nor does it turn me into an oil-slick in no time flat. My skin does that already. I don't want a fdt to aggravate the problem.

I don't need a new foundation right now. Besides, I'm on a budget, so I can't splurge. But I do recommend this new product by Dior. It's very good and though expensive, it's still cheaper than Armani, D&G, Chanel, etc.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I've been on a foundation kick and decided to purchase Dior Forever Fusion SPF 25(new formulation), Chanel Perfection, EL DW, and this has been my favorite. My winter shade has been NC30-35 and I purchased this in 031 Sand. Coverage can be medium w/ 2 pumps, full coverage w/ 4 pumps, it definitely blends better than the Chanel and not as heavy as DW. It dries fast so have to blend pretty quickly. Still have to blot few times a day but lasts about 8 hrs on my combo skin(winter is drier). I apply it w/Sephora #55 or my fingers. It's my current go to foundation for work/everyday.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love the packaging, especially the pump. I bought this in the lightest shade (10) but had to return it because it was too dark for my NC10/NC15 skin. It seemed like a great match at first but it must oxidize; after 5 mins it was way more yellow toned. Besides that I loved it, great coverage, looked very natural, ok lasting power (5-6 hours), not great oil control but it doesn't claim that either.