July 25, 2014 | 1921 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by MACdoll89

I have no idea why... This foundation got such good reviews .. The coverage is horrible supper streaky and super orange. I have tried better drugstore foundations I gave this foundation to my cousin who has flawless skin.. Which of course looks great on her. Don't get the hype of this....

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was wandering through Sephora looking for a new foundation that I hadn't tried yet. This was one of the few I could find and I thought it might be good for my oily breakout prone skin. Not the case! This foundation comes in very few colors so it is hard to match and will never match perfectly. The packaging is nice looking, however it is always nicer to have a pump top. I tried this for a few days, but after just a couple of hours it was melting all over my face, making it one of the worst foundations I have tried for my oily skin! Also, as I was applying it, my skin would sometimes start burning. I also started getting some small bumps on my face and I couldn't tolerate the amount of oil melting off of my face! After 3 days or so I went back to my old foundation (MAC) and now I have finally found the perfect one for my skin (Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24hr) Maybe this product will work for people with dry skin, but I wouldn't use it if your skin is oily, or if you cannot find a color match. Another mostly full bottle of foundation sitting under my sink!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by joshquinto

I love the coverage but it still made me oily in the middle of the day.. I was on my second bottle until i realized i wasn't loving it anymore.. I didnt last all day.. Still made me oily.. I had to keep blotting my face to keep me matte.. I love how it didnt give me large pores but i cant keep blotting my face all day..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by sdreyer21

I bought this product because i was tired of orange skin and extremely heavy foundations. I walked into Sephora and told the sales associate that I had oily skin around my T-zone and didn't want something that was going to clog my pores or dry my face out. She recommended Tarte's Amazonian Clay. When you first apply the foundation, it looks way too light until maybe a half hour after application. Just like one of the other reviewers, my chin breaks out after wearing this product for a week straight. I never had problems with that before.. I love the coverage and the finish but I think for $40, this "all natural" product could be a little better.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by chriistiiiie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i bought this product because i heard it was really good. i have oily skin within my t-zone and the lady at the store said it would be good. well that was a waste of money, i tried applying the foundation with many different brushes, no primer, then i used a primer i tried everything possible and the foundation dried out the parts of my skin that not oily and the parts that are it just started melting off and the foundation is so so so thick. i will not be buying this again

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by noelle001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation is one of my favorites. What I did like about this foundation was the color choices. I am very pale, and I'm glad that Tarte included an ivory color, which is suitable for people with pale skin and pink undertones. The color matched my face perfectly and didn't make me look like I was wearing a mask.
I also have acne-prone skin, and I found that this foundation reduced my acne and also protected my face because of the SPF.
In addition, I also have combination skin, so it's tough for me to find skin products that I love. One thing I disliked about this foundation was that it emphasized my dry patches but went nicely on the more oily parts of my skin. I recommend this product for people with oily skin.
Overall, I enjoyed this foundation and I would purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by reesestar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite foundations. I have oily skin that is scarred from long-ago acne (with occasional break-outs still). I prefer to have a more made-up finished look to my skin. I like the coverage to this foundation because alone it has a matte powder finish. It also stays on longer than most foundations I've used! I have best results paired with either Lorac Porefection powder or Too Faced Primed and Poreless loose finishing powder. All 3 products are absolutely magical for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by reginaratchet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this foundation. I have actually been impressed with most of Tarte's Amazonian clay products. I have been looking for a natural beauty line. The only issue I have with this is that some of the ingredients are not the best. I would prefer all organic ingredients.

However, this foundation is great for me. I have combination skin with really oily spots. This foundation covers very well and holds off oil throughout the day. I have redness and some acne spots from long ago and this covers them well. The only place I have an issue is on my nose it seems to show the pores more on the side. Maybe I need to apply it with a foundation brush instead of my fingers.

The packaging is really cute as well and I like that it is a squeeze tube because it is more sanitary.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by linergirl16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

This is a foundation I def can't say I love or hate. I personally think it is full coverage... Much better coverage than studio fix fluid by Mac, which I have always bought. But, it seems to get pretty oily around my face, even areas that normally aren't. T-zone is really bad. The makeup transfers easily and doesn't last 12 hrs for sure. I also think it makes me break out especially on my chin for some reason when that never happened before and it's not related to my period cycle. I like the finish but can't say I love too much more... Guess its back to Mac and Estée Lauder

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by channelalice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin with some dry patches near my mouth, for reference.
I work as a lifeguard at an outdoor pool in the summer so i guess my job is a great way to test out foundations.
First of all, this thing is definitely medium to full coverage, however, it makes your face look very made up. It's not thick, but it looks a bit "frosty" like icing on cake.
This foundation also made me so oily. I had to blot after 3 hours and my blotting paper turned completely transparent (the clean and clear one). It also transfers a lot.
By the end of the day, some oily parts slipped off and some foundation was clinged on to my dry areas.
I really don't like this foundation.
But YMMV, get a sample from sephora and see how you like it.