April 19, 2014 | 1976 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by lindatonks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this from QVC. I watched the models and the artist apply it and thought ok...it seems like a great product. It was a special puchase which included the application brush and product.
I have nothing but great things to say about this product. It is a full coverage foundation, which others that I have puchased are either cakey or dry and do not go on smoothly. This is so moist and easy to apply.
I actually went to repurchase this at Ulta and they were out, the SA made a suggestion that I should try another brand.... needless to say...I returned that with in 2 days and by then the Tarte 12 hour Amazonian Foundation was back in stock! I do use this when I really need full coverage it is my HG for full coverage, however I also do use the Tarte BB tinted 12 hour primer for days when I don't want to get too dolled up.
I like this product for the mere fact that it is full coverage, without drying out my skin. It covers the redness around my nose and cheeks. I start the application process from the nose and work my way out toward my jawbone. I use my MAC foundation brush to apply and then the Tarte bush (that is sold with this foundation) and buff, (in a circular motion) out any lines left when applying and to finish blending the product in to my skin.
My daughter, 20 tried to use the product. She claimed that it clogged her pores and make her break out. At the same time she was getting a facial and trying out a new skin care line. So it could of been anything that would of caused the break out.
However, I do recomend taking the extra time to clean your face at the end of the day. This stuff last and stays on strong. I set mine with fine translucent powder in the morning and the powder again in the afternoon just in my t-zone area. It is an oil free product, but my skin does get oily as the day goes on.
I would recomend this to anyone that would like to cover sun damage, redness and other flaws or imperfections.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by RainbowBowser

This stuff feels really nice to put on. Thats a first for me since I've been using drugstore foundations that are quite dreadful. I tried this in a little 40$ kit with maracuja oil and mascara. Whether or not I'll pay 50$ for a fullsize is iffy (canadian prices suck) but it matches my skin (Fair) and stays on well depending on the primer (Smashbox photofinish) since it can dry and flake off, but that could also be the canadian weather. The coverage was impressive for me, since most blemishes I get are minor. For severe cases this might not do it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I read a lot of good reviews of this foundation online. I have a lot of problems on my face. I have a lot of redness especially on my forehead and nose. My cheeks and nose also tend to be very oily. I also have a genetic disease which gave me a red, bumpy rash on my cheeks and chin. I have had it since birth, but it makes me incredibly self-conscious. I have tried numerous foundations. I have tried everything from super cheap to almost every mid-priced department store brand (Maybelline, Cover Girl, Almay, Avon, Mary Kay) and even a couple of higher end foundations (Clinique) but I have the same issue with all of them. They look great when I first apply them, but after a very short time (usually 4 hours or less) it is pretty much gone. The shine and redness come back. Even mid-priced brands that claim to last 16 hours or more do not last all day for me. When I read the reviews for this product, honestly I was skeptical. At $38.00, it is also more than I am used to spending on foundation. I did not want to commit to a full-sized tube when I was not even sure I was going to like the foundation. I got a free sample at Sephora. I was matched the the Light/Medium shade which was spot on.

When I first started using this foundation, I loved it. The coverage was great, and it lasted until I took it off at night. So I did end up buying a full-sized tube. But the longer I used this product, the less I liked it. This definitely gives you full-coverage. A little bit goes a really long way. I also am not crazy about the texture of this make-up. It's somewhere between a cream and a liquid, but it is not really either one. I also found it very frustrating to apply evenly. I would have some areas where there was not enough coverage, and other areas where there was too much. I applied it with a foundation brush, and with my fingers, but that did not help matters much at all. Also, when this foundation dries it turns very cakey and powdery. I am 36 and am starting to develop some fine lines on my forehead. I never really noticed them until I started using this make-up. This make-up made my very minor fine-lines stand out big time! It also rubs off very easily. One day I was a store trying on shirts. I was wearing a turtleneck and a tee-shirt. When I took them off, I noticed foundation all over the inside of my turtleneck. At first, I did not think coverage would be a issue, but as I used it I discovered it was. I would have patches on my face where it was flaking off. Not exactly attractive.

I did use up the sample I had been given, but I realized I had been hasty in purchasing a full-sized tube. After giving a lot of thought, I decided to return the full-sized tube. I would suggest getting a free sample of this foundation FIRST and using it for at least a week before you commit to a full-sized tube. I have decide this product just is not right for me. I feel more comfortable with a liquid foundation. I have a couple of other products I would like to try, hopefully one of those will work out better for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is currently the best foundation I've ever used. I want to label it as HG, but I'm not sure if I should or not. I have EXTREMELY oily skin along with very sensitive that I didn't develop until a few years ago, and I finally found something that I can relax about. I hate trying foundations because they never stay on me. On my days off I'm usually ok, but I work as an assistant manager in a retail store for long days and not only do I move around a lot, but I don't have time to go touch up. I'll have 12 hour days and this stays on very close to what it was when I first applied it. I do have to set it with powder, but I've been noticing that with other foundations I've had to do the same, so that might just what it has to be, but it's really no big for me. I can use this without a setting powder just fine, just doesn't last me the entire day, but does longer than any other I've tried. Very great coverage, covers all my redness and uneven skin tone. I have both pinks and yellows in my skin and it does a great job of blending in flawlessly. It kind of stains my skin when putting it on, I put a blob out on the back of my hand then dip my Sephora 56 brush in it and if I don't wipe it off afterward, it leaves it's mark, LOL. This is similar to Revlon Colorstay, which was my fave until I started to get sensitive skin and then the CS started to break me out :( I can see someone with dry skin or someone who only needs light to medium coverage not liking this, this is one of those foundations that only fits a small spectrum of customers, but I am seriously grateful for this!! I feel like I have to knock-on-wood, because if I like a product on here, it usually turns crappy for some odd reason... This will be my foundation from now on however.

EDIT: Looking at Sephora.com, I honestly am shocked I paid so much for makeup, I would never do that normally, but to me it's way more than worth it, and seeing me as I bought it a while back and I've made a small dent in it, it's going to last me quite a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Bonba2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this through the summer months last yr. This winter I switched to something more moisutizing.. My skin has done well over the winter! I will continue using up what I have this summer but don't know if I will purchase again. It is kind of picky about what is paired with it or it will ball up. The brush just did not work for application for me, Love it, but not for that, I use a sponge to apply. I also have to use a primer. I think I will look for something more simple to put on.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by swatters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like this product, but I don't think I'll spend $38.00 on it again. I think it would be wonderful for someone with really oily skin. I used this on my face as well as on my eyelids (I am out of primer at the moment), and it kept my eyeshadow from creasing all day... not a small feat since most primers don't even do that.
Overall, it's nice, just not my favorite. If it were $15-$20 I would probably repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Princesseren

I got this in shade Light after reading all the positive reviews. Sadly I must say that this did not work out for me. I have combination skin but I am on the drier side in winter. This foundation made dry through the day and it kind of became blotchy. In addition to that, the shade was too light for me (but the next shade was too orange). I will be working with this foundation trying to mix it with others to see if its quality improves. But on its own, I would not recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Endocalm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Basic tube packaging.
Coverage is nice. Colour swatches are correct to colour.
The actual product is nice, smooth and you don't need much. Please don't buy if you are normal-dry/very dry. This is great for oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by AspynTrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been trying out a few different foundations.. I put this one on at 9 am, it was already coming off at 2pm.. And the coverage was just mediocre.. At best. My face is greasy looking, and it's not normally. I don't think I'll be buying this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by melduran

I have very oily and acne prone skin (lucky me!). I've been looking for a foundation that matched my skin tone, kept oil at bay and wouldn't oxidize. I've finally found it! This foundation doesn't oxidize on me at all, which is definitely a miracle! It provides nice coverage without being cakey or heavy. It does a great job keeping my skin matte. Typically I need to blot about 2 hours into the day, but now I look shine free well into the afternoon. Ive been using it for two weeks and no breakouts or irritation. Will definitely repurchase.