July 29, 2014 | 1976 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2009 2:05:00 AM More reviews by blanky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this product today, so I will be updating later.
My skin type: Combination (oily t-zone, sensitive, slight rosacea, and moderate acne problem on my cheeks.)

I like that it has a pump, its not messy and with 1 pump I had enough for my face. The foam feels good on your face, but after a few seconds I felt some burning. Maybe it was the salicylic acid working on my zits? Either way, the burning wasn't that bad and went away after I rinsed. My skin feels really clean right now for the first time in a long time. I had been using Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser and it wasn't helping the oily part of my skin at all. So Aveeno took care of the oily part without drying my skin out, now we'll just have to see how it affects me acne-wise. The price is also pretty good, $6 for a tube and it seems like it'll last a long time since it is foam.

UPDATE: It's been a few months, and I have to say that it is little bit drying. Sometimes after I wash my face and open my mouth wide or make any sort of 'big' facial expression my skin feels tight. It's not a good feeling 'cause it kinda feels like my skin is being forced when my facial muscles move. It goes away when I put moisturizer, but the thing is sometimes I don't wanna apply moisturizer right after and just let my skin breathe a little. I'll debate whether I re-purchase this or not. It still has not caused me breakouts so that's a plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 9:02:00 AM More reviews by conrad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is really impressive. I have very oily skin and after using this my face feels so clean. It takes all my makeup off and doesn't irritate my skin at all. Once I moisturize I am good to go!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 2:49:00 AM More reviews by candyrivera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is one of my two cleanser that I always use. I love this cleanser, it's gentle but still gets all of my makeup and dirt off. I can rub this cleanser over my eyes to get off the rest of my mascara and liner without my eyes burning. A great product, I will continue to buy it religiously.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by lenajc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This face wash is adequate. I have very oily skin and for the most part, it will get the make up, dirt and oil off. However, it is a tiny bit drying for me and doesn't help with the prevention or treatment of acne any more than other foaming or gel cleansers which I've tried. Although the advantage of this one is that it won't dry your skin out as much.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2009 6:15:00 AM More reviews by CitrusFlower

This product was alright. I heard great reviews so I thought I give it a try. It didn't do anything to my skin, my complexion was the same and so was everything else. It didn't make me break out like other products do but it was a bit drying. I only use it because it didn't make my face red and so it can clean my face. It's not something I'd be excited to buy again but if theirs no other product I have interest in I would get this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I use the Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser more often than this, but I do use this more in the summer. I also use it on my chest and neck, as I get breakouts there, too, in the summer. When I use it on my chest and neck, my skin really stays clear. My teenage son uses this sometimes too, and when he does, I notice a positive change in his skin. I think that for skin with acne, this is one step in your skin care routine, I don't think it's meant to clear acne up on it's own, although for some with milder acne it may be enough.

My favorite thing about it is the smell. It smells wonderful. A fresh "green" scent. It is quite gentle, at least for us. Of course, some people have a difficulty with salicylic acid, and I also think that some people may be using too many products or too harsh of products along with this, thus causing more drying. It lasts a long time, as it comes out as a foam. The foam feels very nice on your skin.

It is reasonably priced, I usually pay about $6 for it. I have already repurchased it, and while it is not my year round cleanser, it serves it's purpose well when I use it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by tipsydipsy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My Skin:
Combination (sensitive cheeks and a bit around my t-zone, dry and oily t-zone, and normal on the rest of my skin)
Also, I have acne on my t-zone and cheeks.

09.08.09 I just bought this today, so it's my first time using it.

Packaging:
I enjoy how the packaging has a pump (sanitary) and has a cap (portable).

Price:
I bought this for around 11 CAD. Not exactly the cheapest drugstore product, but neither the most expensive.

Thoughts:
When I first pumped it out, I knew there wasn't enough product (didn't like how one pump didn't do it all). Had to pump it 3 times, till I could lather(?) it onto my skin. It comes out as a foam so, it's very gentle. I soon felt my face starting to burn, so I quickly rinsed it off.

Results:
Inflamed, irritated, dry patched (in certain areas) skin. When I put on a moisturizer it irritated my skin even more! However, I enjoy how it didn't over-dry my skin and left it rather soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by peace871

I have combo skin
For at least 5 years, I have use this product to clear my acne. It does help me but NOT completely, I still get big breakouts on my chin and have small red dots around my cheeks and temples.

It also dries out my skin right after using it each morning, especially in winter.

I have now learnt that a cleanser should not be doing this (drying out your skin) and it should be as gentle as possible, the way to test this is to see if it hurts your eyes.

Thus after many years of using this I am now looking for something else but if you want a cleanser immediately while you're doing research on a good cleanser, this wouldn't be a bad choice.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2009 4:26:00 AM More reviews by roodledoodle

Do not use this, it is probably the worst face wash i have encountered to date, and believe me i have used close to everything that is sold. it makes breakouts 1000x worse and is not a solution for any type of acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by iicassie

I have combination/oily skin. I bought this cleanser because I wanted a gentle cleanser that wouldn't dry my skin out; this worked out fine for that aspect. I have acne too, but it's not too bad, so I'm not purposely using this for acne. If you want something that clears your acne, this wouldn't do the job. What I do is use this cleanser, use a non-oily moisturizer, and then use an anti-acne treatment. I wouldn't buy this again because it didn't exactly wow me. It smells nice though, and I like the green semi-shiny leaves on the front.