November 23, 2014 | 913 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by figuresk8r92

I LOVE THIS STUFF! I bought it on a whim because the color seemed to match my skin perfectly in the store. After using it regularly for the past two months, I can safely say that I love it. The color is perfect, which is the first time that's ever happened to me. The serum-y, gel consistency makes it a dream to apply. It glides onto my skin and blends easily. I have found that the best way to apply it is with my fingertips, it doesn't look the same when applied with a brush or sponge. I think this is a light-medium cover that can be built up without looking cakey. It evens out my skin tone beautifully but doesn't cover up any breakouts or my undereye circles, which is probably the biggest downfall for me. The lasting power isn't stellar, but I have found that I can wear it for about 6-8 hours before it starts to fade. The fragrance is a little overwhelming, sort of like a mixture of makeup smell and something fruity. Overall, this is my favorite foundation that I've tried, and I know I'll be repurchasing it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2013 7:48:00 AM More reviews by hazelblackolive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I read all the rave reviews and decided to go with this the next time I ran out of foundation. But I don't like it! I'm willing it away so I can get a new foundation. It doesn't last on my combination skin - even with UD primer and Chanel translucent powder to set. It takes aaages to get it to cover the red undertone on my nose, layers and layers. For reference my nose is not that red, I just have a warm undertone. Basically at the end of the day when I go to take my makeup off it's not really even there anymore and my Rudolf the reindeer nose is out for all the world to see. I was going for a natural look, but not THAT natural!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by lipstickinpink

I'm shade 51 and it matches perfectly! It has a nice fruity smell that isn't too overpowering.

It blends out beautifully, and gives me a medium to full even coverage.
I always reaching for this one (even over my more high priced products)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by pioson1v

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've gotten shade 53, before applying this on, I would put on moisturiser since I have fairly dry skin. Upon application, I would use my hands, because when I use a brush, it makes it look streaky.

When building up from a light coverage, it DOES build up. From afar, it looks fine and makes your skin look absolutely GREAT, BUT if you stand close to the mirror (or someone), it looks unnatural and fairly cakey. With moisturiser on, it only clings to some dry areas.

Feels as if you're not wearing makeup and feels smooth (makes me always want to touch your face) however it doesn't last "16 hours", I'd say around 4 hours with a translucent powder and primer underneath.

I love the package, having a pump is great. As for the colour, since I get lighter in Winter, I mix it with Bourjois' 10 hour sleep (71) which gives an even better effect. There's a smell but it doesn't irritate or bother me. I'd say that it's expensive for a "drugstore" product. Great product, but I don't think I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by AshleyLonely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation Serum is the only foundation I've ever found that matches my skin tone. It's also the only foundation I've tried that goes on nicely. I wear the lightest shade - 51 Light Vanilla - which is a very light colour with a yellow undertone. The foundation is cheap, sits beautifully on my combination skin, looks completely natural and lasts all day with Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder on top. The only downside with the foundation is that it has a strong fragrance which could potentially be a skin-irritant. Overall, Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation Serum is a great foundation that I'd highly recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by beautifulthings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this out of sheer curiosity and reading the reviews on here. I've used the healthy mix foundation and think I might prefer that more.

This one is much sheerer and could on the wrong type of skin bring out the shine, so I do need to take care to powder my T zone. Still, it's very natural and translucent and great for creating a natural and effortless look.

The staying power is another thing, though and I've found it to be quite poor, but other than that, it's not a bad product, and I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 4:44:00 AM More reviews by felicitylw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Other Eyes: Black

Pros:
- Worth the price.
- Buildable.
- Gives you a healthy glow: very natural-looking.
- Looks good in photos.
- Can be blended easily with other foundations.
- Packaging looks/feels like glass but is actually plastic: won't break no matter how many times you accidentally drop it!
- Can be applied with a brush, beauty blender or your fingers and will always give a flawless effect.
- Minimal to no transfer when it comes into contact with stuff.
- Lovely and very subtle smell that soon disappears.
- Doesn't break me out.
- Feels moisturising yet light.
- Easy to scrub off in the shower.
- Doesn't oxidise significantly (does a tiny bit, but it also 'settles into' the skin nicely and matches my skin tone more closely upon oxidisation).
- Lasts fairly well.
- A bottle will go quite far.

Cons:
- A little too dewy to handle my T-zone (I have combination skin) in summer or on particularly hot/humid days.
- Makes me look a bit ghostly directly after application, but this is resolved after it oxidises a little.

This is my autumn/winter HG foundation. I've been using this for just over a year and I still love it. A little too light for my summer skintone and a little too dewy to handle humidity/sweat/oil to be my spring/summer HG foundation.

I'm around an NC-35 and I use this foundation in 53-Beige Clair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by lil_pie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is PHENOMENAL. Better than any high end foundation I've tried, e.g. La Prairie, GA, Chanel, Dior.. And at 1/3 of the price!

I'm into products that enhance your appearance and is good for your skin. This covers every pore and crevice whilst looking like glowing skin at the same time, and is nowhere near as mask-like as traditional foundations. It is what it says- a healthy skin serum!

I have absolutely no complaints and pray this will NEVER be discontinued!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by louiseannette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Definitely a foundation best suited to dry skins. I need to wear an oil controlling primer before applying and a mattifying powder after otherwise it tends to slide off my T-zone .However it sit beautifully on the skin and doesn't sink into pores. It also smells amazing and the packaging is sleek, hygienic and practical. I only wish they did a wider range of shades as 51 is slightly too dark for my very fair skin. So I tend to avoid using this unless I know I have alot of time to buff it into the skin to avoid looking orange.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I never really wore full face foundation until recently, now I am obsessed with rotating between Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer in Porcelain and this Bourgois foundation in shade 51!! My skin is dry/combination and at 23 I do not experience the breakouts I did when I was a teenager, though I still get blemishes and dry spots.
Bourgois is actually owned by Chanel, and as someone who has tried Chanel foundations, I find Bourgois to be INCREDIBLY similar, but even better. I have NC15 skin (extremely fair with yellowy undertones) and I found shade 51 in this Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation to be seemingly a little bit too dark, but it definitely is perfect!! I apply it with my Real Techniques buffing brush after applying Hourglass Primer Serum and my skin honestly looks amazing.
I get dry patches and this stuff just glides over them and moisturizes, but yet it never gets shiny in the T-zone or nose. It lasts all day on me, and so the verdict is that this stuff is just incredible. I was hesitant to buy this as it is a gel foundation and I associate gel products as being for oily skin types, but as I had heard better reviews about this product vs the Bourgois regular foundation, I decided to go for it and I am definitely glad I did! I'm recommending this to my mother who has an oilier skin type, as I know this will work wonders for her as well. At $27.00 Canadian, this is the same price as Mac foundations, but much cheaper than Chanel, Dior, Estee Lauder etc, but I personally believe it is better than all of them combined. If you're on the fence about it, JUST BUY IT!