September 30, 2014 | 1725 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by kata8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the perfect foundation for my very dry skin. The best foundation ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by lizzylikeslipstick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is just a great foundation- buildable coverage, great consistency, lovely velvet finish, no breakouts, nice scent, good value, decent packaging with a pump. It doesnt seperate through the day, just needs a bit of powdering after 6 hours and it hasn't broken out my sensitive acne-prone skin. But alas, it cannot claim holy grail status for me as it is too yellow-toned for my pale pinky skin (Mac NW10). It does a good job of correcting and the colour is very blendable, though I find if I apply too much I get a yellow tinge. It's still great for lower coverage days but it is a shame because I love absoloutely everything else about this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by sherbyham

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of the best drugstore foundation I've used (the other one is Revlon Colorstay). Got this when I watched lisaeldrige video. It has a light to medium coverage, blends into skin perfectly and easily and gives a radiant finish. It doesn't settle into pores or fine lines. My skin looked v natural, plumped up but without any oiliness. It provides a decent 7-8 hour wear. Love this foundation! HG. 52 Vanille is perfect for my NC25 skintone.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Layalina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the foundation in general, but it's not right for my skin type. The tone is great for my yellowish-pinky skin. It corrects both tones. Unfortunately after three hours, it breaks apart on my normal-combo skin.

Love the gel texture and finish; the subtle herbal-floral scent was OK. I would only recommend for those with dry skin. Also, it definitely leaves a nice dewy glow.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by susiej

I feel like such a dirty rotten traitor giving this foundation a poor score- I am very brand loyal to Bourjois, but this one didn't work for me on a number of levels.

I bought it mainly for the hype. It has such positive PR all over the net so I knew I had to give it a go. I have it in shade 51- Vanilla Clair and my skin naturally has yellow undertones- but this is too yellow for me. I can just about get away with it in well blended patches, but worn over the entire face I look like a waxy made up corpse at worst and jaundiced at best. I have such a hard time seeing how this limited, yellow based palette can extend to the British mass market? I guess it has managed it though.

Unfortunately for me the formula does not blend at all well with my skin. The coverage is sheer but seems to grab onto and highlight any dryness on my combination skin. I have seen it said that this foundation is invisible but on me it is utterly conspicuous. This is compounded by the dewy finish- somehow it manages to be both wet and dry at the same time!

Lasting time is also poor and what looked acceptable after application, looks dry and has lost its already sheer coverage after a few hours.

So for all that I can't rate it highly. I won't give it the very lowest score- with extensive skin prep. I can make use of it but don't particularly like to when the staying power is so brief and I have much better alternatives at hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by kissyxface

What can i say that hasnt already been said? Great formula, glides on the skin with buildable coverage. Smells great too! The only downside is the poor range of colours.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I heard A TON about this product through different reviews and friends raving about it.

The gel consistency makes it easy to blend in seamlessly and the color range seems fair for a DS brand. This foundation is clearly not for oily or combination skin. After a few hours, the foundation seemed to build up and "swell" almost in the areas where there was oil, powdering helped to stem this slightly but it still happens.
If you have combination/oily skin, avoid this foundation. Normal to dry skin, I would expect this to be a wonderful foundation for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Teruma

Great everyday foundation, better than some high end ones I've had before it. I wear it at day time and it looks like I'm not wearing foundation, like I just have naturally beautiful glowing skin.
I would recommend this to anyone, except maybe if you have really oily skin.
For reference, the color 52 vanilla was a great match for my NC25 skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by NatN

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hate to say it but I don't like this foundation at all. It has sheer coverage and in a couple of hours it simply disappears from my skin. Besides, if you have a sensitive skin you may experience break outs after using it. This foundation also shows dry skin on my nose. There are lots of drugstore foundations at a low price which are much better than this one.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 6:30:00 AM More reviews by rosielaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really like this product, it produces a natural dewy finish which photographs really well. It is very watery but a little goes a long way and it feels really good on the skin. It is perfumed but I really like the smell so that doesn't bother me.
I have combination skin (oily t-zone, dry between eyebrows and around nose) and unless I keep my skin very moisturised and moisturise before applying it picks up on the dryness and makes my skin look very flakey.
It doesn't hide pimples or imperfections very well and you'd want to wear concealer with it.
I have very pale skin and the shade matches me perfectly, however the same shade (51) in the Healthy Mix Foundation is too orange for my skin. It is sheer but it's also buildable and whenever I get a really nasty spot some concealer and a couple layers are enough to distract from it enough.
I've noticed that it disappears throughout the day however I use a translucent powder on top and that keeps it on.
The bottle is a little on the smaller side for $30 (AUD) but as I said before it's quite watery so a little goes a long way. I've used it nearly everyday for 4 months and it's shown no sign of stopping soon.
I would definitely recommend to anyone who wants lightweight, soft sheer coverage as a daily foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No