July 23, 2014 | 1589 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm NC25 and I bought this in 52. I like the finish of the foundation but unfortunately its just not yellow enough for my very yellow toned skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Lynn2013

This may be my HG. Fdtns are so very hard, not a pleasant for me m/u item to look for. I've tried them all: Guerlain, Cle de Peau, Givency (my 2nd choice), UD Naked, YSL TE. This is the best so far. It looks sheer and seamless but really packs a punch in the coverage dept. I want a very natural look, but have some hyperpigmentation on my left side, where the sun gets if I drive. This does just about make it go away. MUFE HD did make it go away, but started to break me out, and nothing breaks me out. Well that went back to Sephora.I would def not recommend this to oily skin gals, I have dry skin and have to blot my nose four hours in. Some w/ oily skin swear by it so m/b it's just me. Most people think this is sheer, I have good skin so to me it's rather full. I would say it is less coverage then MUFE HD more than F&B for sure. Had to take one lippie off for not lasting throught the day, and I do use Hour glass primer.

I can't believe the price on this. I am 118 in MUFE, about NC or N25-30. I lean more nuetral to warm, but not overly warm. I got this in 53 and it's the best match I've ever found. Went to Findation.com, put in what I was wearing and it spit out my color matches and this was one. I normally would not by site unseen but took a chance and this is great if you have combo to dry skin. YOu might like it if you have oily skin but expect to powder/blot during the day. I have the driest skin and had to blot my nose.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Kirstymarie

This is seriously good stuff. I have a hard time with foundation but this does what it says. It evens out skin tone and gives a real glow that d

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this. Very hydrating and doesn't emphasize my dry patches. I had the healthy mix foundation but i realized it was emphasizing my dry patches A LOT so i stopped using it. In my opinion this is much better if you have dry skin. It's very comfortable to wear and i sometimes forget i'm even wearing it. It comes with a pump so it's quite sanitary :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by ShannonEmily123

I absolutely love this foundation! This is like my holy grail. Let me describe my skin. My skin is oily on the t-zone with dry cheeks. I have a few spots and scars from previous acne. I have blackheads and a broken cap on the end of my nose. I have fine hairs allover my face too. I have enlarged pores and freckles. All the other foundations i have tried ranging from Clarins, Estee Lauder, Yves Saint Laurent, Revlon ect... always make my skin look greasy after a few hours and also sit on top of the skin so it transferrs onto clothes. They also made the hairs on my face stand out making my face look old and streaky. I can tell you that this foundation does not and for that it is absolutely fantastic! It blends in like a dream and leaves no sign that you are even wearing foundation! It reduces the appearance of my pores, and disguises the redness of spots and scars quite well. I do usually use a concealer on top just to make the coverage even better, but it does look fine on its own. I also found that it lasts quite a while aswell, from 7:30 in the morning when i apply it to 3:00 afternoon it is a tiny bit shiny (not that noticeable) but when you apply powder on top it usually lasts all day with no shinyness! It does settle into fine lines a bit too, but that can be easily fixed using a primer before applying. It smells lovely and i love it!!

Pro's- lasts a long time on oily skin, smells nice, blends very well, very natural, medium coverage

Con's- can get shiny when used without powder, settles into fine lines, not enough coverage for those with bad skin

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by SwiftHarpel

When I heard all the positive comments and recommendations, I couldn't wait to give this foundation a try! I was looking for something light and fresh to brighten up my skin, so I did my research and this ticked all the boxes. I've used Bourjois foundations before, I love the eyeshadows, lipglosses, blushers - so in my experience all products offered by this range were great..... Which was why I was so shocked at how this reacted on my skin! It went on like a dream, looked flawless and radiant but about after four hours wear my face felt a bit itchy. The itchyness continued throughout the day, nothing serious but noticeable. When I got home, I gently cleansed my face as usual and found my skin to be very pink where I had applied it. The redness literally looked like a mask on my face, where I'd stopped blending it up around the hairline. This reaction took a couple of days to subside, I patch-tested this foundation again to be sure it was causing the reaction and my skin went red again wherever I put it. I wouldn't describe my skin as really sensitive, never had a reaction like this before - so I put it down to the added 'fruit extracts'. To make things worse, I used the matching Healthy Mix concealer under my eyes over the week and while I loved it (texture, coverage, colour), my eye area got really red and sore too. I was really disapointed and had to throw it away, so I would advise others to use samples before buying if possible just to be safe.
This is my only bad experience of using a Bourjois foundation - I have since bought the 123 Foundation and find it fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by lara90

I bought this product rather than the regular Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation because I had heard that this was more suitable for dry skin. Mine is combination, and I don´t think it works very well with dry spots. However I love the finish of it, if I can avoid flakyness around my nose where I tend to dry a lot. It rubs off a bit too easily for my taste, but I think it stays on very well if you keep your hands off. I want to try the foundation, but I think I would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

Compared to the regular Healthy Mix, this is a bit lighter in coverage (can be built to a good medium without being cakey) and a bit more dewy. I'd think it's a bit better for dry skins. My skin is combination and it gives a beautiful natural finish for me, but I do need to powder my T-zone. Lasts well through the day.
I'm shade 51 and it matches my NC15 skin perfectly, which is great because most drugstore foundations are off shades for me, and high end are often too dark or pink as well.
This is a great everyday foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Pinklady1984

Just bought this today and tried it for the first time. I have to say I'm impressed! I bought it as I wanted a lighter more natural foundation after using Clarins everlasting all winter. It's exactly what I wanted, beautiful consistency, gives a lovely look to the skin and feels light and natural. I have a few blemishes at the moment so I'm having to use concealer along side it, but hopefully when my skin improves I will be able to use this on its own. It's not buildable but that's not what I wanted in this foundation. For me it's the perfect spring/summer base.
I have an oily t zone and dry cheeks and this seems to cope with both well. I use a little powder over the t zone and leave the cheeks bare and it gives a really subtle semi matte natural look.
Overall really happy with my purchase

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by SC2493

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I am NC37-40 and #56 matches me perfectly. It feels like my own skin. Goes on light, feels light, and looks like actual skin once applied. It has a faint fruity smell that is very pleasant. Comes with a convenient pump which is hygienic. This is my HG foundation. Plus it's cruelty-free! Will re-purchase again and again.