September 2, 2014 | 1098 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Stippling Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I admit, i've yet to use this for foundation. I use it for my cream blushes, and it works really well to distribute the product, leaving a natural finish.

It hasn't shed a single bristle (always good news!).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by ayalalaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush is so amazing. I get an airbrushed finish every time. I use it with blush, liquid and loose powder foundation. My skin always looks dreamy and flawless with this brush. Although, I use this brush as a buffing brush rather than to stipple. The brush maintains its shape very well because it is dense but soft at the same time. I noticed a tiny bit of shedding, but not enough to raise concern. I also like how convenient it is that the handle can stand on its own. I'm buying a backup brush just in case.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMoment

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stippling brush is phenomenal! I use it to apply my liquid foundation, and it does a beautiful job at blending in the foundation onto my skin, and creating an airbrushed finish, every time. Ever since I purchased it a few weeks ago, I haven't put it down. Its become a must-have staple in my makeup regime. I can't rave about it enough!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

I bought this from Boots yesterday for 11.99 after coming across the reviews here. Im so so SO glad i did!!!! I usually use the Mac foundation brush, but was finding my makeup was a bit streaky under my powder. So using this this morning, i adore it. It stipples the foundation (I use Lancome Teint Idole 24h) evenly and smoothly giving ab airbrushed look. I love it. Thats it. Cant say any more :P:!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Penlatysan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just thought I'd give people with dry skin a heads up, DO NOT use stippling brushes. I bought this trying to get that "airbrushed" look that so many claim stippling brushes give, only to find it roughed up any dry patches on my skin, making whatever foundation I was using stick to the little flakes. At first I thought it was just this brush, but this brush feels like it's really good quality and the bristles are some of the softest I've felt; so after some research, I discovered stippling brushes apparently just aren't a good idea in general for people with dry patches. The bristles cause "micro exfoliation" which can make your dry skin worse over time. Instead, use either a flat foundation brush or something like the Expert Face Brush; and only do downward strokes so the dry patches aren't irritated. I'm still giving this a good rating because the brush is amazing quality for the price, I just thought I needed to get the word out about the dry skin issue.

30 out of 41 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by mooseformayor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This might very well be my favorite brush of all time. I'd read only good things about RT brushes and ordered a handful on a complete whim. I purchased this particular one with the intent to use it as a blush brush, especially for my crazy pigmented blushes (Tarte Frisky, you're one of the first I'm looking at!). As a sidenote, I'm an NW15 and when using this stippling brush to apply Frisky, it looks unbelievably natural and flattering! No ridiculous clown face to contend with, and I dare say even the heavy-handed ladies do not necessarily have to apply their highly pigmented blushes with bated breath because as long as you're applying it with this brush, you just can't get it wrong. It picks up just the perfect amount of powder and deposits it on the skin in such an even and airy manner. I absolutely *adore* this brush and would not be able to function the same without it. All the positive attention and praise it has received is completely justified.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I initially purchased the MAC #130 brush but I had to return it because it kept shedding and it felt pokey on my skin. When I saw the RT Stippling brush I thought it looked like a close dupe to the #130 so I purchased it. I am in love! I think this brush is 100% better then the #130 because it doesn't shed at all, it so soft, it deposits color evenly, and it's so much cheaper! I have most of Sam's brushes because they are very good quality (just like Eco Tools). I use this brush for cream bronzer (ex.Chanel Bronze Universal) and cream blushes (ex. Canmake cream blushes). Love!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this with light foundation but not with thicker foundations like a bb cream. With bb cream, i find its harder to spread and would drag my skin. Its a dream with my Boujois healthy mix foundation.

The bristles are synthetic and very soft, quality is very good for its price. I'm overall very impressed.

I hate the wide base though, supposedly its able to stand on table but who does that??? It'll just keep toppling over. Its just a very impractical idea. Can't believe someone else would follow in The Body Shop's footsteps...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by royo41

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have many other brushes from MAC and Bobbi Brown and also NVEY Eco. I love this brush. It is so soft, dries quickly after being washed, is SO cheap for the quality, and really does a nice job of creating that airbrushed look. Based on this brush, I am planning to buy others in from the collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by JosieTricee

LOVEEE! this brush.
I brought a foundation the other week i tried it out it was sooo hard to work with then i purchased this brush OH BOY, that foundation now glides on nicely!.
Just one beautiful brush