Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Stippling Brush

4.4

on 7/26/2012 7:36:00 PM

Love this brush! If you use it correctly you can get a perfect airbrushed finish. I watched some youtube videos to learn how to use it properly. I got it for $9.99 at Amazon. Can't beat that price!

Why didn't I know about this brush before I bought the MAC 187?! This is truly a great find. After hearing some youtubers mention how wonderful this brush was and at such a cheap cost, I decided I'd head to Ulta and check it out for myself. There were a bunch of brushes available, but I stuck with this one for now because I needed something that would do multiple things (apply blush, highlighter, foundation, etc). Plus, I was really getting sick of the 187, which, although did the job, was too big and too loosely packed for me. Enter the Real Techniques stippling brush. I used this brush to apply my Smashbox Studio Skin foundation and my Tarte Amazonian Clay blush. First, I dipped the brush into my sample jar of foundation and then proceeded to dot & stipple on to my face. Now, I'm not sure if it's because the foundation is on the thicker side or if it's because the bristles are so densely packed, but it took a little work to blend my foundation in. So I simply dragged it across my face and worked the streaks out with a stippling/buffing motion. This is why I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 -- you really need to work the foundation in to get that flawless, airbrushed look. But this could be because of the formulation; it's too early to tell. However, the finished look on my face was absolutely gorgeous: so smooth and flawless, as if I wasn't wearing anything at all. Plus, the blush went on so precisely and with a similar soft, airbrushed finish. I love how it fits so perfectly on my cheekbones -- there's nothing I hate more than blush that goes "outside the lines" so to speak because of a big brush. I'm sincerely impressed with the quality of this brush and plan to pick up more. Why invest in MAC if this brush can do the same thing, if not better? :)

on 7/26/2012 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

airbrush flawless finish is what you get using this brush, prior to getting this frm Priceline for $19, I had a regular stippling brush which doesn't get the job done like this one. The regular stippling brush was to big hence I had no control & precision as to where I apply my liquid foundation. The real techniques one has the perfect size for my face. It's so soft & doesn't shed. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

I really can't say anything that hasn't already been said. So far, this brush has been a v good buy.

Pros:
Smaller head than the 187 allows for better control of coverage
Smaller head creates opportunities to use it w blush, highlighter and concealer - so this brush has many uses
Creates a beautiful finish w my TM
Cleans up beautifully and easily - dries quickly
Price is low

Cons:
Because head is denser than typical stippling brushes, it may make heavier-coverage foundation more difficult to smoothly apply - haven't tried it yet
Hard to find in stores in the midwest - sold out everywhere!

I have only had this brush for a few weeks - if my experience changes, I will update

on 7/24/2012 10:46:00 PM

Better than the MAC 130, 188, 187 brushes! i use it to apply foundation and blend in liquid highlighters, just beautiful finish

on 7/23/2012 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The real techniques brushes are amazing. seriously awesome. they do all the work for you. effortlessly. wash easily. so soft. best brushes I have ever bought! and they are so cheap. love!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am convinced the real techniques brushes are made by angels.

I have owned 2 stippling brushes previous to this, and my main complaint with both was the bristles were too long and flimsy to do any damn good!!

The bristles on Sam's brush are short and dense, meaning they apply my Garnier BB Cream like a dream.

I start by dotting a small amount my BB cream on my face and blending with my fingers to start, then I use this brush to add another layer. I start by gently swirling the product to fully work it into the skin and then start "stippling" to mimic a more natural skin like texture.

This creates a flawless finish that has people asking me if I am wearing any foundation, which is always my goal!!!

For less than $10 bucks this blows every other stippling brush OUT THE WATER. Totally recommend.

on 7/18/2012 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Fantastic make up brush, I was considering purchasing the MAC 130 brush until I saw this beaut at Boots! I'd say this actually may be a dupe for the MAC counterpart as the bristles and the density of the brushes are very similar. This stippling brush is perfect for stippling and buffing foundation in the skin making it last longer as it sits on the skin evenly, it's also great as it's multi-purpose, it can be used for under eye concealer, contouring, cream blush and highlighter. For such a great price and its ability to be used in so many different ways, I'd say it's definitely worth it. Also, MUCH more cheaper than the MAC 130. Great brush overall.

on 7/18/2012 5:34:00 AM

For 10 you can't go wrong with this Stippling brush. I use this with any liquid foundation and it does provide lovely coverage and finish.
It can be a little tricky to clean, as foundation can really set in the middle, but if you clean regularly you shouldn't get too much buildup.

Overall a great brush, the website has really good tutorials on how to use them effectively as well.

on 7/17/2012 1:31:00 AM

I love this brush!! I use it to apply my moisturizer and bb cream, at first it went on streaky but after several washes, it's working beautifully. You also can't beat the price and the quality comparable to high end brushes. It's super soft and no bristle loss. Go and buy one now!

Popular Makeup Brushes