November 26, 2014 | 1185 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Stippling Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by 8ubble6umpink

I got this brush to create the "air brushed" effect. Compared to the regular foundation brush from Chanel I do like that the brush makes my foundation blend more and doesn't look like too much. I like this brush and I like the price. I place my liquid foundation around my face with my fingers and then blend it because of course like any other brush it can absorb the product and you end up wasting more. I have been tempted to but the Chanel one but I have a hard time deciding to spend $50+ when this one works pretty well IMO.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by traxfever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like this brush at all. I bought it to use for foundation. It might be okay for people who swirl with the brush but I stipple all the way through if I am using a stippling brush. This brush hurts my face so much that i can't stipple. My skin is not sensitive at all, and I use other scratchy brushes just fine. I would only recommend this brush to people who plan to use it for cream blush. For powder blush it will kick off too much excess powder.

The second issue is the handle. The handle is so big. I know it's supposed to stand on its own, and I have to have it that way bc it wouldn't fit in my brush holders. It knocks over countless times everyday. It's an inconvenience. Also light metal doesn't feel right in my hands. Its weight balance is weird and I like a couple of other RT brushes enough to let go of my issues with the handle but not for this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by completelynumby

Best brush to use for liquid foundation!

No streaks, stipples foundation evenly and easily!

FIVE STARS.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by mlynde82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

First, let me preface this review by saying, I LOVE these brushes!! They are cruelty-free and of fantastic quality. The bristles are phenomenally soft and really hold pigment for application. They are great. I have many different brushes from a variety of price points (MAC, EcoTools, Sonia Kashuk, etc) and these are truly my favorite. I just really don't think you can go wrong with most of them.

I have bought SO many different brushes in hopes of being able to apply my foundation (Tarte 12-hour Amazonian Clay foundation) without using my fingers, and I have always been disappointed. No matter what price point, the brushes I've tried have always left streaks that I needed to blend with my fingers.

Not so with this brush! I used this to apply my foundation yesterday (after watching a tutorial on the RT website) and it worked BEAUTIFULLY. I was so excited! It's somewhat smaller and stouter than other stippling brushes I've had in the past, but it worked great for applying foundation evenly and smoothly. I really couldn't be more impressed.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by jwilk241

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this brush for applying my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. I first saw this brush in Tanya Burr's (pixi2woo) tutorials and seeing how flawless her skin looked, I knew I had to try it. This brush is so soft and feels amazing on my skin. It also makes my makeup look smooth and natural, no streaking or patchy-ness. Some have stated that it's too small but I prefer the smaller size as I feel it gives me more precision in my application. The best part is that it doesn't shed! I have a MAC brush that cost me like $40 and it sheds everywhere and drives me crazy. So at only $10, this brush is awesome! I would highly recommed this brush to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by EmiriamdD

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I already owned the MAC 187 but thought I'd try the RT to have a backup. I have to say the RT is fine and does the stippling job perfectly with my liquid foundation. And, as with the MAC, you can use the RT to apply cream blush right after applying foundation, so no need for two separate brushes. And yes, the RT is very well made and doesn't shed. My only two quibbles are: I really don't like the wide bottom of the handle because, for me, all it does is make the brush hard to store. Also, the surface area of the RT is small compared to the MAC, which means I can get my foundation applied faster with the 187. All in all, though, I'm glad to have the RT as backup but still rely on my 187. For the record, the EcoTools duo fiber brush is useless for applying any kind of foundation. It can only be used for powder or maybe powder blush. (And I'm a real fan of EcoTools.)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this for heavier/creamier foundations and the end result is always a flawless finish. I have dry patches but this brush doesn't aggravate/or worsen them. Absolutely no shedding experienced and I've own this since the day it came out and has been through maannnyy washes. Excellent quality and unbeatable price!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I admit, i've yet to use this for foundation. I use it for my cream blushes, and it works really well to distribute the product, leaving a natural finish.

It hasn't shed a single bristle (always good news!).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by ayalalaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush is so amazing. I get an airbrushed finish every time. I use it with blush, liquid and loose powder foundation. My skin always looks dreamy and flawless with this brush. Although, I use this brush as a buffing brush rather than to stipple. The brush maintains its shape very well because it is dense but soft at the same time. I noticed a tiny bit of shedding, but not enough to raise concern. I also like how convenient it is that the handle can stand on its own. I'm buying a backup brush just in case.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMoment

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stippling brush is phenomenal! I use it to apply my liquid foundation, and it does a beautiful job at blending in the foundation onto my skin, and creating an airbrushed finish, every time. Ever since I purchased it a few weeks ago, I haven't put it down. Its become a must-have staple in my makeup regime. I can't rave about it enough!