Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Stippling Brush

4.3

This brush was really really awful which surprised me because of all the positive reviews I've seen. Maybe my brush was just defective but it sheds like CRAZY! Every single time I use it I have to pick tons of little bristles off my face and it's incredibly annoying. I don't even bother to use it any more, I couldn't even if I wanted to...half of the bristles are gone, all of them stuck to my face after each application. The brush isn't really that amazing when it comes to application either, seems to work better with lighter foundations but still can leave streaks...heavier ones need extra blending for sure which I do with my hands. The only good thing about this brush was that it was cheap so I don't feel so bad getting rid of it, still wouldn't trust buying real techniques brushes ever again. It's also annoying that there are no Canadian retailers, Amazon being the only retailer that will ship to Canada.

This brush is great for the application of liquid foundations and cream blushes, and totally affordable! I dot my foundation on with a regular foundation brush and then stipple away with this for an airbrushed looking finish. Now that I know about Real Techniques, I may never purchase expensive MAC or Sephora brushes again. I've had this particular brush for several months and have had absolutely no fallout with regular use and washing. It is still as soft and lovely as the day I bought it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This brush is of an extraordinary quality for the price! I already have two of those to alter them.
It has become my only foundation/tinten moisturizer/BB cream brush and it is not comparable to the MAC ones, which are not dense and soft enough.
I just stipple the foundation on like 5 spots on my face - cheecks, chin, forehead, nose and then i do some circular movemenst with the brush and within seconds the product becomes completely in synergy with the skin leaving a beautiful natural finish.
I couldnt ask for more.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have only had good experiences with this line of brushes including this brush and I'm so glad that they came out when I was starting with makeup basics. All hail Sam Chapman! At only 10 in the UK this brush is comparable to the MAC 187 which comes in at three time the price for the same if not better performance. A friend of mine (real MAC aficionado) dropped his 187 to use the RT stippling brush every day for foundation and highlighter. The brush is dense enough to pick up product and distribute it evenly without just slapping on thick layers of foundation. Other than foundation it can be used with cream blush and other cream products but my favourite use for it is GA Fluid Sheer to highlight then a sheer foundation stippled and buffed in with this brush.

My only possible small annoyance about this brush is how much product it holds onto. If you don't wash it frequently it has a tendency to eat some foundation, as little as it may be, which is an effort to wash out from the densely-packed lower bristles. It does dry quickly though which is always a plus.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Where do I start?

The price: I am fresh out of college without two nickels to rub together. Getting this brush did not leave me with buyers remorse since it cost me $7.99 at Ulta. Appearance: The brushes are all color coded; pink handle=face, purple=eyes...etc. The brush also has a very solid ferule, that, combined with the bold coloring makes the brush look very modern and cool. Performance: This is where I get down to it. THIS BRUSH PERFORMS. I cocktail NARS sheer glow and Clinique Even Better and this brush gives me a quick, flawless finish. I have a professional quality foundation application in 30 seconds. I have also used this brush to apply cream blush and it works just as well. Upkeep: I have washed this brush everyday for about 5 months and it has not shed or lost its shape.

Final Thoughts: This brush will work for you if....
- you are a broke girl like me
-Will not settle for a less than perfect makeup application.
-Are totally in to the bold and colorful designs of Samantha Chapman
-Are a fan of the brilliant Pixiwoo sisters

THIS BRUSH IS AMAZING!!! I just started using liquid foundation (I have always used MAC studio fix powder foundation) and I found that the regular MAC foundation brush left streaks all over my face and it took forever to make it look decent.... This brush on the other hand makes me look airbrushed and perfect in less that 20 seconds. I just dot the foundation on my face with my fingers and then use this brush in circular motions. Low price, awesome quality!

EDIT: While I still think this brush is amazing, I don't reach for it as much anymore for foundation. I recently purchased the Sigma F80 and it blows this one out of the water. The RT Stippling Brush gives a sheerer coverage while the F80 helps to give a fuller coverage. I still use this one, but usually for cream blush.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Move over MAC, these girls mean business! I was utterly blown away but how amazing this brush was. I've used my MAC 188 for so long and was pretty content with it until I saw that Sam had released her own line of brushes. I love the PixiWoo sisters on YouTube and so had to give it a try.
And wow!

I paid over 20 for my 188 so was a tad dubious at first that this brush was selling for 10.99, over half price. The packaging was fab, I love the instructions on the back and Sam's signature, I thought it was a lovely touch.

The brush itself is a gorgeous design, I adore the pink and the fact you can stand the brush up on its own made my day haha. So much easier for drying!
The one thing that had always bothered me about my 188 was how much it shed. I took it into MAC and told them what was happening but they told me I was washing it wrong, which is odd as I happen to use their brush cleaner o_0
This on the other hand hasn't shed a single hair even when washing. It's still as soft as it was the day I took it out of the box and it's honestly a joy to work with.

I have large pores on my cheeks and using this brush with pretty much any of my foundations and then a powder made them all but disappear! It's also great for blush and concealer on larger areas.
I can't wait to try more brushes from this range but cannot recommend the stippling brush enough. Well done, Sam!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this brush at ulta for $10 and I absolutely love it. I originally was using the elf powder brush to apply my foundation and it did a great job but just the fact that every few months I'd be in target getting new brushes because they were shedding so bad and would fall apart was not doing it for me. The real techniques brush doesn't shed at all and hasn't fallen apart...yet, that's to be determined. But it applies foundation like a dream and its so soft. Yes the brush is sort of expensive but if your gonna use it every day and you clean it properly it should last a while and you should get your monies worth.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great brush!

I have this brush and the blush brush and I love them both. I have wanted to try these brushes ever since I saw them using them on youtube!

I got this brush from Ulta. I want to say I payed about $10 for this brush. I use this to apply foundation and it does a great job.

It applies the foundation very evenly and in a thin layer so if you wanted to layer it you can.

This brush is super soft which is great!! I can't stand ruff brushes!

The price can justify itself seeing that if your going to be applying foundation everyday then you are going to be wanting to use a great brush.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love the entire range of these brushes. I own mostly of them and I think they're absolutely fantastic and very good value for the price.
This is an excellent brush, I love using it for cream blushes and pressed blushes and it's working great! It also good for applying liquid foundation
IHerb.com bumped up their 1st time customer discount to $10 off your first order and everyday free ground shipping on orders over $20. Just follow link to claim the discount or use coupon code "CGJ842" at checkout
good luck...