January 31, 2015 | 2065 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Stippling Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Fantastic make up brush, I was considering purchasing the MAC 130 brush until I saw this beaut at Boots! I'd say this actually may be a dupe for the MAC counterpart as the bristles and the density of the brushes are very similar. This stippling brush is perfect for stippling and buffing foundation in the skin making it last longer as it sits on the skin evenly, it's also great as it's multi-purpose, it can be used for under eye concealer, contouring, cream blush and highlighter. For such a great price and its ability to be used in so many different ways, I'd say it's definitely worth it. Also, MUCH more cheaper than the MAC 130. Great brush overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 5:34:00 AM More reviews by amoxon

For 10 you can't go wrong with this Stippling brush. I use this with any liquid foundation and it does provide lovely coverage and finish.
It can be a little tricky to clean, as foundation can really set in the middle, but if you clean regularly you shouldn't get too much buildup.

Overall a great brush, the website has really good tutorials on how to use them effectively as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by LuckyCoffee

I love this brush!! I use it to apply my moisturizer and bb cream, at first it went on streaky but after several washes, it's working beautifully. You also can't beat the price and the quality comparable to high end brushes. It's super soft and no bristle loss. Go and buy one now!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love love love love love this.
Won't be applying make-up with any other brush.
Amazing finish, good quality bristles with no shedding, keeps make-up in place all day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own the MAC 187 as well as the Coastal Scents and Sigma versions as well. This is not like those brushes at all. First of all it is much smaller which I find is much easier to use when applying base makeup. This brush allowed me to be more precise. Also the bristles are shorter and more dense than the 187.
While it is a nice brush, I really like the Sephora Airbrush #55 much more. I feel it gives me a nicer finish with foundation/BB Creams.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by hii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ADORE this brush! I needed a brush to apply my tinted moisturizer and liquid foundations. I looked into buying the Mac #130 brush but it was too expensive. Then one day I watched a youtube video about this brush being a dupe for the mac 130. This does the same thing as the mac brush ; same densely packed fibers and size. If you can't afford that brush this is your BEST option. I bought this at Ulta for $9.99 plus tax. This brush applied my Neutrogena Healthy Skin tinted moisturizer flawlessly. I stipple it all over my face then buff it into my skin and it looks amazing. I haven't washed it yet and I'm still waiting to see if it'll shed, which I doubt it will. SO excited to have this brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by LuHu82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great brush.

I use it to apply tinted moisturiser (Laura Mercier Oil Free), as I'm not a foundation wearer. First I buffed it into my skin and then I stippled in on any areas that warranted a little more coverage. The finish was wonderful. Much better than when blended with fingers and a million times better than application by the traditional flat syle of foundation brushes which streak like mad, ime.

It allowed a slightly heavier coverage of TM without caking or losing that 'skin' look, which is essential as far as I'm concerned. I don't want to look like I'm wearing a tonne of base and it was so easy and user-friendly to use.

The brush is soft on my skin but still firm enough to give the resistance needed for buffing.

It washes well and dries quite quickly (thanks to the synthetic bristles). I've had no shedding or colour bleeding with this brush.

The price in the UK is 11.99 (approx $18.50 USD!) so more expensive than our US sisters pay for it (which is a bit irritating given that Sam is a UK MUA, I'd have expected it to be cheaper over here), but the price is still great considering the results and what you pay for an equivalent quality MAC or NARS brush.

This brush comes without a case but has a fluted base so it can stand if you want it to. This can make it awkward to fit into brush pots/caddies etc, so I can see why that could mark it down for some. I have put mine into a brush roll which is fine as the elastic loop can stretch over the fatter bottom, so it doesn't affect me.

The metal handle is quite light, it doesn't bother me but I can see how some would prefer a weightier feel.

Overall, I personally can't fault this brush for the value for money, the quality and the finish. It is excellent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A beautiful brush that gives a beautiful finish, much like the MAC 130/187/188 brushes for a fraction of the price. I got it at iherb.com also for $10, also first time users get an additonal $5 off if you have a coupon code - use this code "GAC548"

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by 8ubble6umpink

I got this brush to create the "air brushed" effect. Compared to the regular foundation brush from Chanel I do like that the brush makes my foundation blend more and doesn't look like too much. I like this brush and I like the price. I place my liquid foundation around my face with my fingers and then blend it because of course like any other brush it can absorb the product and you end up wasting more. I have been tempted to but the Chanel one but I have a hard time deciding to spend $50+ when this one works pretty well IMO.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by traxfever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like this brush at all. I bought it to use for foundation. It might be okay for people who swirl with the brush but I stipple all the way through if I am using a stippling brush. This brush hurts my face so much that i can't stipple. My skin is not sensitive at all, and I use other scratchy brushes just fine. I would only recommend this brush to people who plan to use it for cream blush. For powder blush it will kick off too much excess powder.

The second issue is the handle. The handle is so big. I know it's supposed to stand on its own, and I have to have it that way bc it wouldn't fit in my brush holders. It knocks over countless times everyday. It's an inconvenience. Also light metal doesn't feel right in my hands. Its weight balance is weird and I like a couple of other RT brushes enough to let go of my issues with the handle but not for this one.