Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Stippling Brush

4.4

on 10/8/2012 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love the entire range of these brushes. I own mostly of them and I think they're absolutely fantastic and very good value for the price.
This is an excellent brush, I love using it for cream blushes and pressed blushes and it's working great! It also good for applying liquid foundation
IHerb.com bumped up their 1st time customer discount to $10 off your first order and everyday free ground shipping on orders over $20. Just follow link to claim the discount or use coupon code "CGJ842" at checkout
good luck...

on 10/8/2012 2:45:00 AM

I love this brush. I usually need 3 small squeezes of foundation to cover my face, but with this brush I only need 2. I also use this brush to apply cream blush, and it is a game changer. I used to apply cream blush with my finger and always assumed that cream blush was heavily pigmented and something to be worn only when you want to create a very rosy cheek. This brush picks up the perfect amount of cream and creates the most subtle glow. I didn't know it was possible for my magenta pink blush to be so soft and light.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I received this Stippling Brush from a swap, without reading the reviews, actually intending to use it for my very pigmented blushes. However, when I received this, I realised that it probably wouldn't work very well with my blushes, so I left it aside for a while. One day, I just decided to pick it up just to try. I have to mention that I have never stippled my foundation before and I usually apply with my fingers. I was amazed with the end result! The finish was a perfect airbrushed look with all my flaws covered! I didn't even felt the need for my usual concealor. Love it! In fact, I think this works better than my more expensive Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush! :)

on 9/27/2012 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have been looking for a brush like this! Affordable and gets the job done? I was using a beauty blender for a long time and boy howdy, was I missing out! I got this brush at a local Harmon beauty store ($9.98) and honestly, the amount of beauty blenders I purchased and threw away after they got dingy I could've had 6 of these beautiful brushes! Wonderful drugstore budget brushes. I love the finish this brush leaves on my face and I don't ever feel like I'm using too much product. Would totally buy this again.

on 9/17/2012 8:42:00 AM

Great brushes, they do great job. Since I bought them I've been using them every day.
I've ordered them from iHerb with 5$ discount UYU561, so the price is great!

on 9/13/2012 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love it, this brush certainly puts the Mac #130 to shame, I have since put it in the retirement bin.
For the price (under $10), I have since order 2 more for back up.
The only complaint, as many others, is the big fat chunky end that 's like a super fatty getting on a plane.

on 9/13/2012 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I want to preface this review with a disclaimer that my opinion is not a reflection upon the brush itself, but the stippling technique.

I think the Real Technique brushes are amazing value and quality. When I was in an Ulta, I swooped up many of them, including this one.

The first time I used this brush with a liquid foundation, I applied it with more of a circular motion and wound up with streaky foundation. Not cool. Later on I thought about stippling in regards to painting or with a pen and had a DUH! moment. It's supposed to be used by gentle dabbing the white part of the bristles against the skin until the product is evenly distributed. There's no buffing, sweeping, or rubbing involved. This generally gives a lot more opaque coverage than I want and requires a lot more time than I want to spend.

It's moment to shine came when I had an baaaaaad breakout and my forehead was looking UGLYYYYYYYYYY. I had bumps and red marks all over. I used this brush to dab an even layer of Revlon ColorStay all over, so far so good. I waited a couple of minutes until it was dry, and would do another layer over spots that needed more coverage. It did a great job of layering without smudging or disrupting the previous layer. Thank god, that episode was short lived, but I am really thankful for this brush now!

I don't use it very often, but I am happy knowing that I have it for anything like that.

on 9/1/2012 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Two words: just fantastic! I had my misgivings about this product as I generally don't get along with traditional foundation brushes, but this one blew me away. Flawless coverage, so easy to use and for the first time I was able to use cream blush without it rubbing away the foundation beneath it. I'm going to have to invest in another one just for blush! Brilliant, don't know how I managed before - and I've only used it once!

on 8/27/2012 2:50:00 AM

Great brush! Not available in South Africa. was going to order it from the UK but with shipping was working out to R250. Found a seller on Ebay from Poland and nabbed it for R150.
LOOOOOVE it. was going to buy the mac stippling brush but glad i didnt as this does what i was looking for.
its cute and easy to work with. i apply a layer of foundation with my fingers tapping it on then go in with a second layer using the brush to stipple and buff it all in. looks great!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love the real technique brushes because they're affordable, synthetic and great quality for the price you pay. This is my first stippling brush and 4th brush from this line. I love using this for apply my blush. Def makes it look more natural and helps blend product into the skin. Def would repurchase! :)

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products