October 23, 2014 | 1026 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One-by-One, Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by sleepeystar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought my first tube from drugstore.com and had my friend in the US re-ship it over to me in sunny Singapore. I like that it is very affordable and thickens my lashes naturally. Thanks to the silicon bristles on the wand, I am saved from getting uneven and clumpy coats, like how I have from the other brush wands from the other Maybelline range & even a Lancome one that I've previously used. I highly recommend this and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by CheekyBo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

So I have Asian lashes and if you're Asian, you know what that means... stick straight lashes! I bought this mascara a couple months ago. I curled my lashes and swiped the stuff on and absolutely hated it. There was no volume. So I decided to give it another try and I think I found the trick for me which is to first apply a thin coat slowly, wait a minute, then add another coat and so on. Gives more volume and I like the look much more. But I have to say this mascara isn't worth all the effort for me. And it also flakes throughout the day. Try maybelline Falsies if you want the curl and volume. That is by far my HG

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Carolyn8088

Love this mascara. Looks very natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by reasonle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

let me first tell you about my lashes... I have relatively long lashes but they need volume. I used to use maybelline colossal mascara but wanted something that wouldnt lengthen my lashes as much because they would hit my browbone and leave black marks during the days wear on my mascara...

I decided to try this one and I find it to be a more natural version of colossal. I still get volume, but not as much length, just what i need!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 6:23:00 AM More reviews by cepauloar

My lashes are sparse, thin, have an average length and stick straight. I expect mascara to hold a curl and that's why I prefer the waterproof versions. I got this one for around 14 EUR which is ridiculous, for a Maybelline mascara. One by One looks very natural on my eyelashes: minimal volume, average length and pigmentation. It holds a curl OK. Id didn't smudge or flake on me. What bothers me is that is harder to remove than my regular WP Maybelline mascaras. I wouldn't repurchase, I will stick to Colossal and Falsies which give me a better effect and are a snap to remove at night.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In general this product is quite good. It definitely separates my lashes and keeps them looking defined. It keeps a curl as well, but that may just be because I have the waterproof version. When first opening this package I was a bit disappointed as I don't normally like brushes like this one (very Covergirl Lash Blast-esque) as the plastic brush is just painful if you accidentally bump your eye. I also like my lashes to look a bit voluminous which this product does not do and it seems that this type of brush just does not work for that look.
I know that it's waterproof, but this is RIDICULOUS to take off! Usually with mascara I can just wipe it off with my face towelettes and it's done, but I go through my entire skin care routine and I still have to go back to take off the last bit of this mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by jessie30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good mascara. Really lengthens and defines my lashes. The black is really black and its also super super waterproof. Doesn't ever come off with water. Swimming, crying, anything! Gives me a doll eyed effect because of the length and drama. I layer a super voluminous mascara with it so i get the best looking lash i can get. I would not rebuy only because im always looking for the best new thing. If you feel like trying this mascara then id say yes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Yrie

I think this is the best mascara I've tried so far:
PROS:
- separates the lashes perfectly!
- doesn't smudge, stays on really well
- nice dark black
- no clumping
- holds the curl really well
CONS:
- for the volumising effect I want to achieve, I need a little more time and coates with this one, to build it up
- I wish the packaging wasn't as chunky, but that's Maybelline for you

Really nice mascara if you want elongated, sparated lashes. If you want more volume you have to invest more time in order to layer the coats - not so good if you're always late like me :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by jcki

HG HG HG!
SO affordable! I can always find it at Walmart for a mere $6. The waterproof formula is perfect for holding my curls (stick straight Asian lashes...)
It's okay for volume, separation and lengthening... but there is no perfect mascara for that in my experience. I can get more voluminous and separated lashes if I follow up the first layer with a lash comb and another layer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by smallsarah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I deviated away from the Maybelline Colossal mascara which I LOVED to try their new Falsies version, which to be honest I found just looked kind of clumpy. I was wary of straying away from my trusty Colossal again, but needed some waterproof mascara for my holiday, so thought I'd give this a go (after all 'One By One' suggests no clumps right?!). I was pleasantly surprised at the waterproofness, as I am sometimes a little sceptical of this claim, but after jumping in the pool and having a shower, this stuff was still on! If volume is what you're after then this isn't really your thing, but if you just want a bit of definition or already have thick lashes then this is brilliant. I would especially recommend for pool-side!