August 1, 2014 | 1139 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One-by-One, Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In general this product is quite good. It definitely separates my lashes and keeps them looking defined. It keeps a curl as well, but that may just be because I have the waterproof version. When first opening this package I was a bit disappointed as I don't normally like brushes like this one (very Covergirl Lash Blast-esque) as the plastic brush is just painful if you accidentally bump your eye. I also like my lashes to look a bit voluminous which this product does not do and it seems that this type of brush just does not work for that look.
I know that it's waterproof, but this is RIDICULOUS to take off! Usually with mascara I can just wipe it off with my face towelettes and it's done, but I go through my entire skin care routine and I still have to go back to take off the last bit of this mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by jessie30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good mascara. Really lengthens and defines my lashes. The black is really black and its also super super waterproof. Doesn't ever come off with water. Swimming, crying, anything! Gives me a doll eyed effect because of the length and drama. I layer a super voluminous mascara with it so i get the best looking lash i can get. I would not rebuy only because im always looking for the best new thing. If you feel like trying this mascara then id say yes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Yrie

I think this is the best mascara I've tried so far:
PROS:
- separates the lashes perfectly!
- doesn't smudge, stays on really well
- nice dark black
- no clumping
- holds the curl really well
CONS:
- for the volumising effect I want to achieve, I need a little more time and coates with this one, to build it up
- I wish the packaging wasn't as chunky, but that's Maybelline for you

Really nice mascara if you want elongated, sparated lashes. If you want more volume you have to invest more time in order to layer the coats - not so good if you're always late like me :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by jcki

HG HG HG!
SO affordable! I can always find it at Walmart for a mere $6. The waterproof formula is perfect for holding my curls (stick straight Asian lashes...)
It's okay for volume, separation and lengthening... but there is no perfect mascara for that in my experience. I can get more voluminous and separated lashes if I follow up the first layer with a lash comb and another layer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by smallsarah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I deviated away from the Maybelline Colossal mascara which I LOVED to try their new Falsies version, which to be honest I found just looked kind of clumpy. I was wary of straying away from my trusty Colossal again, but needed some waterproof mascara for my holiday, so thought I'd give this a go (after all 'One By One' suggests no clumps right?!). I was pleasantly surprised at the waterproofness, as I am sometimes a little sceptical of this claim, but after jumping in the pool and having a shower, this stuff was still on! If volume is what you're after then this isn't really your thing, but if you just want a bit of definition or already have thick lashes then this is brilliant. I would especially recommend for pool-side!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by starapples

I ran out of my usual mascara and decided to deviate from my good ol' Cover Girl Lash Blast Waterproof and got this instead. I love that this mascara does not smudge in the slightest and never ever flakes off. Most mascaras leave me with raccoon eyes and I love how this never will! I also really like the thinner consistency of the formula because it never clumps up and truly does separate my lashes. I got this in the darkest black color and it truly is black. My only complaint is that this mascara does not volume-ize very much. My lashes look longer, separated, neat, and clean creating a very natural but put together look. While I do like this, I miss the volume Lash Blash gave me. This is good, but I prefer my mascara of choice better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Tetteala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, I was looking through Walmart for a good waterproof mascara. My lashes are normally short, thin and point straight down. I count on a mascara that holds a curl and separates my super thin lashes. I had been using Tarte's Lights Camera mascara, but I was on the lookout for any cheaper alternatives. I heard about Maybelline's One by One, and i was eager to try it out.
The brush really big, reminds me of Covergirl's Lash Blast, but thicker. When I first applied this on my lashes, I did not like it. I pushed myself to keep trying it, hoping something would miraculously happen.
It separated my lashes, but after two coats, it clumped and it looked like I had 3 separate lashes!!! I vowed to never use this mascara again and went back to my Tarte.
After a week, I looked back at the cute coral-pink packaging and decided to try again. Surprisingly, I liked it better the second time, after I gave it a week to sit on my counter. Maybe it just needed to dry up? I don't know. Now, when I take the brush out, I wipe off the excess product onto a tissue. I believe by doing this, clumping can be avoided.
It held my curl all day and all night, and when it says waterproof, it really means waterproof! I went swimming with this mascara and my lashes were still intact, and I even took a shower and rubbed my makeup remover over my eyes, and there is still product on my lashes! I think I will be purchasing a good makeup remover to fully clean this mascara off of my lashes.
Overall, this mascara is actually pretty nice, and the waterproof version is a must for people who swim, want an all day curl, and those who need something long wearing. Upon first try, don't give up with this mascara! Maybe after a few tries it will dry up to be the perfect product.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by brokencitysky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Mehhhh, this is such an OK mascara...
The formula is fine, wet, nice and waterproof, haven't had any smudging with this..
But I just can't stand the brush! Ugh! I feel like it's not made for lashes. It is big, bulky, and doesn't reach all of my lashes.
It does an OK job of separating, but leaves little clumpies at the end of my lashes...I will not be buying again, even though this was cheap and on sale.
Not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by NathalieWinters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I probably wouldn't buy this product again as it is IMPOSSIBLE to get off, or maybe its just me! However with that said it does hold the curl on my lashes all day and doesn't crumble off. overall average rating.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by karasu627

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this a while back when they were having a sale at Wal-Mart when this first came out. I had seen the ads and heard the hype, so I thought I'd try it (in the waterproof, of course; only waterproof keeps my lashes curled). Hey, it was $5! So I used it. It kept the curl in my lashes overnight, and it lengthened them well. The only thing I don't like about it is that if I curl my lashes incorrectly (when they get slightly crimp-y) and I apply this, it seems to show every single flaw in my lashes...but other than that, it's a great drugstore mascara.