November 23, 2014 | 1211 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by autumnlee33

i love this palette
its great year round for those natural earthy looks
they are very pigmented but are very soft so be careful
my dark brown has begun to break up overtime so that sucks ive only had it for like 6 months :(
overall great palette
will buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by dsqrd44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I can't say enough good things about this product, Wet 'n' Wild has stepped up their game so much over the last 5 years. The quality is better than some MAC shadows the definer shade on the left hand side with the browns needs the smallest touch to get good pigmentation. The top highlighter shade on the left hand side is a dupe for MAC Dazzlelight and for the price of one MAC shadow you could buy all three 8 pan palettes and possibly more trios. The definer shade on the right is actually better than MAC Club and looks great under Too Faced Glampire glitter too! Love, love, love such an amazing value even if packaging is not wonderful and in most cases you can get these for buy one get one half off (the regular price is $4.99 for a 8-pan).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by MyNameIsHoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

***EDIT*** on Dec 2, 2012: I knocked this down to a 4. I will leave the original review below because only one thing has changed in my opinion. After using this several times, I've noticed that try as I might, I just can't seem to work with the blackened-burgundy shade with burgundy shimmer to show up as anything other than black. While the shimmer is very obvious in the pan, it just doesn't seem to translate onto my skin, regardless of how I blend or which primer I use. There is little to no fallout, mind you, just that the shimmers almost seem to blend right into the shade, versus standing out. It's a little disappointing because it is a beautiful shade otherwise. My opinion of the other shades hasn't changed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Extremely pigmented
- On a primer, lasts extremely well
- Colours are great and have a subtlety and range that you don't often see in DS brands
- fallout is minor but on a primer this is minimized, and seriously, the palette is $5...I'm prepared to be lenient.
- Quality is comparable to many high end brands
- packaging is flimsy but again, I'm not expecting sturdy for this price
- Will repurchase if I run out and am in the US at the time

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by smtiquia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The quality of this pallette surpasses many high-end shadows. The eyeshadows are creamy and pigmented. The colors are perfect for the fall. I am using it every day for work. The only issue I have is the degree of fall out (especially the maroon one). You may want to do your eyes first and your face next.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by EmmaLouise18

The reason I bought this was because of some beauty gurus on YouTube who raved about the quality of these shadows. So I bought it for around five dollars and was so pleased with the results. The colors are very creamy and soft, and just a joy to apply. They do have a lot of fallout so you need to be careful to tap off the excess on your brush before applying to your lids. I love the rose gold color and the lighter brown. I use the dark brown as a liner with an angled brush. The top right color is a pretty taupe that looks nice all over the lid instead of on the browbone. I don't use the green or the darker black green much. But the bottom right blue-brown duo-chrome color is so pretty. I get so many compliments when I wear it. I definitely need a primer with these-as with all shadows. Overall this is something that I reach for at least once or twice a week.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by adrianna114

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings about this, because the quality among the eyeshadows that come in this varies a lot. The golden eyelid shade is amazing and buttery-soft and pigmented, but some of the others were just okay or even a little chalky. Also, the "blue" looking shadow in the bottom right turns out brown when you actually put it on. Not that the packaging really affects the product that much but it has a lot of stickers on it holding it closed and leaves ugly residue when you take them off to open it. Also, if you buy it, don't take the labels on the individual eyeshadows about where to put them too seriously. I came up with some good looks that didn't follow what the shadows were labeled. For example I used the browbone in the top right as a lid color because it didn't look good as a browbone color.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by redlipstick47

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very surprised with the quality of this product. I am very pleased with the pigmentation and it wore on my first try for at least 9 hours without creasing or much oxidizing over a primer. Would repurchase this. I especially like the brown/green duochrome in the lower right hand corner of this palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

I love this palette! I have had it for a year, and still have a ton left. I reach for this over my more expensive shadows at least twice a week. Great value, awesome pigmentation, love love love!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by ItsAnotherUsernameYay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

-Very Pigmented
-Creamy
-Not powdery
-Beautiful colors
-Only 5 bucks
-So many different possible looks
-LOVE IT

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by loverlover1328

No creasing even without eye primer. Incredible.

Love love love this palette - it is one of the top palettes of this year as rated by a few bloggers and that is why I bought it originally - I can tell this is going to be a palette that I use consistently!

Shades are very pigmented, buttery soft, easy to apply and blend, and actually stick to the eyelid really well. I have used them today without primer and they stick really well - both to eyelid and blend well with each other. Fallout is minimal to none!
Finish on all of them is the same, it is a satiny finish, and the darker shades have a tiny bit of gold miniscule glitter which barely shows unless you pack it on.
Left side is neutral and the right side has green.

As far as the shades go, they are seriously incredible but you can't judge the colour by the pan because they will come out quite different on your eye. Not a bad thing, just that the colour has depth which doesn't show up when you look at it. For example, the left eyelid colour looks like a standard pale peachy pink but on the eye it is a gorgeous golden apricot which really reflects! Also, the left crease colour looks like a pale taupe but on the eye it is a warm brown with gold highlight. Strangely the left definer colour looks burgundy in the pan but on my eye lid it shows a deep moss slate grey colour.

What is also cute about these, which you will find with most if not all Wet n Wild palettes is the description which is embossed into the shadow i.e. crease, eyelid etc. It is a little hint of how to use them although you can use shadows however and wherever you like! But if you are unsure, then Wet n Wild provides the key. Also printed on the sticker on the back with a handy diagram of an eye so you know which parts of the eye they are referring to.

All in all this is one palette you will not regret purchasing and all colours are gorgeous, easy to wear, and have some complexity to them.

p.s. I have given 3 lippies for packaging because it is a little cheap feeling, plastic. I am being really careful with it so I don't break the lid. Wet n Wild do not waste your money on packaging! Dirt cheap!

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60, BeneFit Champagne, Bobbi Brown #4, MUFE Sand/Desert