October 1, 2014 | 1881 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Liddy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Having been an Estee Lauder fan forever, I do believe they make some of the best cosmetics on the planet. I used to use the old Maxium Cover for horrible acne and redness and it worked better than ANYTHING and believe me, I tried everything there is. This is a newer version of the old maximum cover. It is excellent for covering redness. Would I use this as a foundation? No way. It's a spot concealer. Estee Lauder should really market this product as spot face and or body concealer. It is FAR too drying for the undereye area. I don't care if you're ten years old do NOT wear it under your eye. It would be like wearing a clay masque under your eye. Not pretty. This sets up REALLY fast so you have to work very, very quickly to cover the zit or redness and I definitely recommend a good primer as it will sink into pores or imperfections and make them stand out! Saying that, this product is water proof and dammed near cleanser proof! I have to use a makeup remover towlette to remove it. And it will last until you take it off which is always a good thing!
UPDATE: Ok...with a good moisturizer and primer it can be worn as a foundation but only in SMALL amounts. It's alot better than the original Double Wear foundation in terms of feeling on the skin...it feels you're not wearing anything so that is a definite plue in my book. I still would NOT wear this under eye tho. So I'm updating my rating to 5 because in terms of coverage and feel this is the best foundation out there. Estee Lauder consistantly makes great cosmetics.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

I have used the original version of this and it was just wrong! It was oily thick and the 4 color choices were pink, pinker, orange and OMG is that really a color??? Whatever they did to tweak this is for the better IMO. I am NC20 and I have this in creamy ivory. I am an avid user of the liquid DW in linen and have been for 14 years, so when this came out I got this instead. This is a God send for my oily acne prone slightly aging scarred up 32 yr old face. In comparison between this and the liquid, the liquid has more yellow based colors but this is more neutral however they both blend in just fine on my skin tone. This covers much better than the liquid even though it is so light but because my face is so bad off half the time, I still use the DW concealer and powder with it and only then do I look flawless. If you have issues with this caking up in pores, fine lines, under eyes etc. then wet your fingers and then pat them on a towel so they are just damp and spread very small amts over your face little bits at a time. That's what I tried and it stopped the caking and creasing immediatly. This lasts on me from around 9am to 3pm before I need to blot and powder. After that it looks fresh til bedtime. BEWARE though. No matter what the rep tells you, this is NOT NOT NOT photo friendly. Not at all even a little bit. It has a very high titanium dioxide content and I knew better than to trust what she said but because I wanted to wear this so badly in a wedding I went against my gut and wore it anyway. Did I look amazing at the wedding? yes. Did the pictures turn out just as amazing? UMMMM noooo. The bride asked me if I was sick during the wedding when she got the pics back! So yeah. Great fndt but with all great things comes a few precautions. Dont stand in front of a camera ever and use a MU remover...seriously. I tried to get it off my hand with warm water and soap...3 times. Wouldnt budge. Use a MU remover or else you will be writing an unfair review that is broke you out and you hate it.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by hurricanenika

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually don't really like it. Yes, it feels light and airy on my skin. But it looks very dry and cakey, no matter how I apply it, no matter how much or which type of moisturizer I use beforehand, and frankly, it didn't cover all that much. My Revlon Colourstay covered more, looked more natural, and held up to my minor oil way better than this did- it started separating about four hours in, with a setting powder. I'm returning it. Two lippies for good colour match (I'm NW15 and I used 11 Very Light) and that it didn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you want a high coverage foundation, than try this baby! It applies like dream and feels light on the skin. It makes my aging skin look smooth and velvety -no sinking into my fine lines either. Oh, I use this as my concealer too, being it covers so well. Instantly refreshed!

EDIT 12/19/12: Well, I found that I actually have more yellow in my skin tone than neutral. So I have moved on to EL DW liquid foundation in Bone 17 1W1, that even my husband commented on how invisible it is as a perfect match. If you are fair with neutral undertones, the Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup in 11 Very Light may work for you.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by bellabelle

Finally found a foundation that is so awesome that the heavens sang when I tried it! It covers every single mark, scar, zit or anything on your face with a pea sized amount of product. This stuff is amazing!!! I have NEVER in my 44 years of life had a foundation that does not break me out and makes me look FLAWLESS! It does not settle in fine lines, wrinkles or pores nor does it look heavy at all. I think I paid $34.00 for this and let me tell you, that is a steal. This small tube will last me a year for sure because of the minuscule amount of product you need. It is the first time I have written a review after 5 years and trying literally 100's of products where I felt the need to praise something highly enough to review it! Run and buy this foundation it is remarkable ladies!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

**edit** I don't use this by itself anymore since it starts to wear off into the day. I do mix this with double wear and it's the perfect foundation.

PROS:

Lightweight
Full coverage
Long lasting
Great packaging/easy for travel

CONS:

Few color choices
A bit pricey

Overall I am really loving this foundation. It covers everything and it is extremely lightweight. I don't feel like I'm wearing a mask like I do with revlon colorstay. So far I haven't broken out with this yet either which is a plus for my sensitive skin. I retouched once bc my skin gets oily in the winter time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by cachmehere

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this!!! IT'S Totally amazing. I have tried them all no joke and with this I only use a very small amount and I look amazingly airbrushed all day long. I used Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer underneath, apply the foundation (deep) with a ecotools foundation brush and set it with 100 Percent Pure Heathly Glow powder in golden peach (this stuff lasts me 3 months). I do not touch up my face all day. I have even gotten compliments on how awesome my skin is and that is something I'll never get tired of hearing.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2011 7:57:00 AM More reviews by jjkrh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Sooooooo Underwhelming! So the only good thing I can say is that the new lightest color is actually spot on. Slightly lighter and pinker than the original. There are so many cons though....where to start...here are a few: It doesn't glide on as easy as the original. It has a very drying aspect to it, which I suppose are clays. I can't wear it but once and my face flakes off. It does not cover well at all. The original version was fantastic and covered with a pea sized amount. This new version, no matter what I do, covers nothing and I have to use concealer. That is just wrong with a maximum cover foundation. I could find more things wrong with it, but leave it to a huge makeup company to take something that has worked for years and re-formulate it so badly, that I can no longer use my HG foundation. Way to go Estee. Sheesh.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by makeupqueen26

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been around for years. They just repackaged and gave it a new name. I do love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by bkaips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Wowza! If you want maximum coverage in a makeup then look no further. Tried this on a whim after reading reviews on here about the excellent coverage without drying the skin out or making me look older than my 40 years.
Have to say I am very pleased with the job it does. It's not too often you can actually wear a full coverage makeup at 40+ without it accentuating every little flaw you have and it looks good on me all day, providing a nice matte finish.

My issue, just wanted to cover up some uneven pigmentation, freckles, a few broken capillaries, the rare zit that may pop out. My skin: dry, no wrinkles, like I said I'm 40 but get told I look late 20's all the time...but I still don't like to wear a full coverage foundation because of my dry skin and my age because no matter what, it makes you look older.

I apply this with a sponge and it literally takes a miniscule drop to cover each section of my face, so all in all I use about 4 drops and these are small! I can see this tube lasting me at minimum 6 months to a year with the amount I use, so for $30 it's well worth it hence I gave it a cheap rating for price. This would also work awesome for those that just want to use it as a spot concealer as it will beat any and all concealers out there hands down and I have no doubt this would cover anything you can throw at it. I gave this a 4 rating ONLY because of the lack of a color range, if they would offer this in a wider range of shades for women of color and different ethnicities, it would certainly get a 5 from me. Luckily I was able to find a shade that works for me out of the 6 available.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No