August 29, 2014 | 1857 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by cachmehere

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this!!! IT'S Totally amazing. I have tried them all no joke and with this I only use a very small amount and I look amazingly airbrushed all day long. I used Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer underneath, apply the foundation (deep) with a ecotools foundation brush and set it with 100 Percent Pure Heathly Glow powder in golden peach (this stuff lasts me 3 months). I do not touch up my face all day. I have even gotten compliments on how awesome my skin is and that is something I'll never get tired of hearing.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2011 7:57:00 AM More reviews by jjkrh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Sooooooo Underwhelming! So the only good thing I can say is that the new lightest color is actually spot on. Slightly lighter and pinker than the original. There are so many cons though....where to start...here are a few: It doesn't glide on as easy as the original. It has a very drying aspect to it, which I suppose are clays. I can't wear it but once and my face flakes off. It does not cover well at all. The original version was fantastic and covered with a pea sized amount. This new version, no matter what I do, covers nothing and I have to use concealer. That is just wrong with a maximum cover foundation. I could find more things wrong with it, but leave it to a huge makeup company to take something that has worked for years and re-formulate it so badly, that I can no longer use my HG foundation. Way to go Estee. Sheesh.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by makeupqueen26

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been around for years. They just repackaged and gave it a new name. I do love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by bkaips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Wowza! If you want maximum coverage in a makeup then look no further. Tried this on a whim after reading reviews on here about the excellent coverage without drying the skin out or making me look older than my 40 years.
Have to say I am very pleased with the job it does. It's not too often you can actually wear a full coverage makeup at 40+ without it accentuating every little flaw you have and it looks good on me all day, providing a nice matte finish.

My issue, just wanted to cover up some uneven pigmentation, freckles, a few broken capillaries, the rare zit that may pop out. My skin: dry, no wrinkles, like I said I'm 40 but get told I look late 20's all the time...but I still don't like to wear a full coverage foundation because of my dry skin and my age because no matter what, it makes you look older.

I apply this with a sponge and it literally takes a miniscule drop to cover each section of my face, so all in all I use about 4 drops and these are small! I can see this tube lasting me at minimum 6 months to a year with the amount I use, so for $30 it's well worth it hence I gave it a cheap rating for price. This would also work awesome for those that just want to use it as a spot concealer as it will beat any and all concealers out there hands down and I have no doubt this would cover anything you can throw at it. I gave this a 4 rating ONLY because of the lack of a color range, if they would offer this in a wider range of shades for women of color and different ethnicities, it would certainly get a 5 from me. Luckily I was able to find a shade that works for me out of the 6 available.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Hollytron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to give this a 5 on the basis that it is THE ONLY *full* coverage foundation that has not dried my skin out MISERABLY and attached to any dry spots INSTANTLY. That alone is a miracle. I understand though; matte tends to last long. Silica and clay are friends to theatre and photography. I get it. They keep things in place and keep oil under control. But what happens when I have an emergency and I want the full coverage?! I usually don't get it because of the excessive dryness. Not anymore.

Now, this ain't no savior for dry skin but it feels incredibly comfortable; does not leave my skin feeling taut, does not appear cakey, and does not attach to flakes. At least, none of those things happen immediately. After 9 hours of wear, I did see some of my drier patches showing a little flaking/cakey appearance. (Yeah I know, what am I doing wearing foundation for over 9 hours? Three words: Busy holiday season.) I took some of my toner (PC Skin Recovery Toner, very moisturizing), sprayed it over my face, took a soft cotton ball, and patted in the areas that looked dry. Worked very well to help manage the appearance of dry skin. Normally I would have applied more moisture to my sad, dry skin around this time in the winter anyway.

Ok now moving backwards. Since I already touched on wear, I have to touch on all other important things. First, color is nice in Very Light for my NC15/NARS SG Gobi skin. I am warm toned and pretty yellow for not being Asian. This is a neutral foundation that works well, but I'd love to see it a bit warmer.

Second, application is *amazingly* smooth! It does not feel heavy at all, as others have pointed out! Over my moisturized and primed skin, it blends so beautifully and smoothly. It's so pigmented, that you don't need a thick layer. A fine, thin layer will cover all redness and blemishes. I apply with my fingers and smooth out with a small, not too dense kabuki brush (BE Handy Buki in this case). A sponge works fabulously too.

There is clay and silica in this (though it is not totally matte), but the top most ingredients are moisturizing and soothing items like vitamin e, petrolatum, soybean oil, cholesterol, linoleic acid, bisabolol, and more.

I would also like to note that fragrance is not in the ingredients list and the smell that this has is super minimal. I am sensitive to most fragrance, so that is a plus for me. I also love the packaging; dark blue, thin tube with a gold cap. The box came cellophane wrapped and felt luxurious. At $32, not too bad compared to some other HE foundations. Definitely a middle ground.

I will update more as I see fit, but on a final note: DRY GIRLS: I can't imagine wearing this daily without seeing some drying, unless you are going to be wearing it for a shorter period of time than 11 hours (which was the total hours for me on the first wear). Reach for this only on "those" days... continued >>

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by fashionista_ae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is incredible. I am so happy EL came out with this foundation. I honestly thought it would be very thick and hard to blend, but it is so silky smooth, blends in like silk, and covers EVERYTHING! The coverage of this is amazing, yet its still lightweight. Don't know how they did it. LOL! This gives a natural matte finish, is long wearing, and makes your skin look totally flawless. Right now I have a pesky zit on my chin, and patted and pressed a little extra of this foundation on top as concealer, and you cant even tell its there. This is a must have for everyone!

*** Update: I am still loving this, however I find that it does not have the best oil control. The coverage is amazing, but I have to use my oil blotting sheets more with this than other foundations that I love. Still great though!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by allinicoleee

my new HG foundation! i work at an estee lauder counter and was so excited to see that we were coming out with this foundation. i never used the original Maximum Cover. because of the nature of most full coverage foundations i was a little reluctant to use this at first because i thought it would be heavy and cakey but i was so wrong. this foundation has the most amazing coverage i have ever seen, and at the same time is the lightest feeling foundation i have ever used. its feels so soft and silky when you apply it and it covers EVERYTHING! i have many freckles and a bunch of acne scars on my chin and as soon as i put this foundation on they all disappear! i love this foundation so much and will use it until they get rid of it, which i hope they never will. for reference, i am a NC15 to NC20 in MAC foundations and i use the color Very Light in this foundation.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by annkw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is amazing. I have very bad skin...pimples, ice pick scars, enlarged pores, oily skin but this covered them all! I was afraid it would look mask like because of the heavy coverage, but it looks really really natural. It looks like I have good skin :D

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know that many have been curious about the new formulation and packaging for Lauder's cult favorite "Maximum Cover" foundation. I felt this needed a new listing since they have reformulated, repackaged, and even renamed this product. It's going to take a while before all of the old tubes are sold. Finding reviews on the newer version would have been difficult to distinguish otherwise. Lauder admits that they have received many calls from panicked users who were under the impression that this foundation was being discontinued. Some very upset that their lightest shade "Creamy Ivory Very Light" was no longer available (it is still available, however it's been renamed "Very Light") .

The good news is that Lauder is finally showing a vested interest in this foundation for the first time in years (it's always been treated as the red headed stepchild at Estee Lauder counters in the past). Even seasoned make up artists admitted that nothing covered quite like this foundation, and they were absolutely correct (Dermablend looked like a tinted moisturizer in comparison). No concealer or foundation in the world could even touch this stuff. You could have the worst acne scarring in the world, and this would make you appear to have normal skin. It was an amazing foundation, however it was never pushed at the counters, and was available in 4 shades only until very recently. Lauder was discontinuing this product years back, but the outcry was so overwhelming that they appeased us by keeping it available in 4 shades only (still never pushing it at the counters).

Now for the bad news. This is the most painful edit I have ever had to make. I am so heartbroken right now. I have relied on this foundation in it's original form for years. When I heard that Lauder was reformulating this, I called them right away. They indicated that this was being repackaged, and that the new formula was similar (not true). When I received it, I tested it right away on my hand, and it looked the same (it even smelled the same). I breathed a sigh of relief. It did feel a little thicker, but the color was the same. I then applied some of the older formula on one part of my hand, next to the newer formula side by side. They appeared to be the same on my hand (sigh).

I still had a tube of the old formulation, and had no reason to reach for the new tube yet for a full application (and again I had tested it on my hand, and thought all was well). When I reached into my make up bag to begin my routine yesterday, I grabbed the new tube by mistake, and thought what the heck. I was going to get to it soon enough anyway. I began applying this to my face like I had done every morning with the older formula, and was completely horrified. It does not spread the same at all. In fact, it spreads exactly like Illamasqua's Rich Liquid Foundation (not a good thing for me). It looked like I had applied clay to my face (and clay is a new ingredient). I kept trying to work with it to get it to spread evenly, but it ended up looking as if I had applied cheap, colored, clay. To add insult to injury, it does not cover everything like it used to (especially if you were used to the old formula). If you are new to this product, and use a very slippery primer underneath, you may have a better experience, and think this stuff is wonderful (and your skin may not be as bad as you think it is). I never had to use anything with the older formula because it spread like silk (not even primer). Now I understand what one reviewer meant when she stated that this could be drying to people who have very dry skin. I thought that was an odd statement because this foundation has so much slip. All of that has changed. There is no slip in this anymore. It used to cover like a soft, silk, blanket. This filled in lines, pores, and blemishes like magic. The pigment has been cut down considerably. It looks like a clay mask on me (and covers next to nothing). It's thick and garish looking.

I could hardly believe my eyes! Not only was this thick and pasty, but you could still see a fair amount of the things I was trying to conceal (never happened with the old formula). I dabbed some extra on those area's, and it was so unnatural and pasty looking, that I had to wash my face immediately. I used to be able to use a pea sized amount to cover everything. Now a pea sized amount does not even begin to cover what it used to (and I break out from slippery primers). If I use more, it looks like a garish, clay, mask (and I need more). People with minor skin issues may love this. I called and spoke to a Lauder rep at Nordstrom's. She admitted that they are getting a lot of returns from old time users. At first glance, it appears to be the same, but it's most definitely not the same! She said they really tweaked the formula in a big way. I could hardly speak. When I did find my voice, I told her how shocked I was that EL would mess with something this unique and utterly amazing for nothing. To her credit, she let me get it out of my system.

For now, I am buying up as many old tubes as I can find. I am not finding what I was used to buying, which was called "Creamy Ivory Very Light." I couldn't find this anywhere (the original tubes lasted forever, and my last back up tube was purchased in late 2008 from Nordstrom.Com). I did order 4 tubes of what I was able to locate, which is "Creamy Ivory Light." This whole thing is incredibly depressing. What a shame. I am back to trying foundations that seem promising, but none can touch what this once was. If you feel as I do, PLEASE take the time to leave feedback at EsteeLauder.Com, as corporate really does read those comments carefully. I was also told to have people call their consumer feedback line (1-888-378-3359). This is how we got the product back the first time they tried to discontinue it, so please call! It does make a difference! How disappointing. Totally bummed here. :(

52 out of 55 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No