September 20, 2014 | 1159 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by hurricanenika

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually don't really like it. Yes, it feels light and airy on my skin. But it looks very dry and cakey, no matter how I apply it, no matter how much or which type of moisturizer I use beforehand, and frankly, it didn't cover all that much. My Revlon Colourstay covered more, looked more natural, and held up to my minor oil way better than this did- it started separating about four hours in, with a setting powder. I'm returning it. Two lippies for good colour match (I'm NW15 and I used 11 Very Light) and that it didn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you want a high coverage foundation, than try this baby! It applies like dream and feels light on the skin. It makes my aging skin look smooth and velvety -no sinking into my fine lines either. Oh, I use this as my concealer too, being it covers so well. Instantly refreshed!

EDIT 12/19/12: Well, I found that I actually have more yellow in my skin tone than neutral. So I have moved on to EL DW liquid foundation in Bone 17 1W1, that even my husband commented on how invisible it is as a perfect match. If you are fair with neutral undertones, the Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup in 11 Very Light may work for you.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by bellabelle

Finally found a foundation that is so awesome that the heavens sang when I tried it! It covers every single mark, scar, zit or anything on your face with a pea sized amount of product. This stuff is amazing!!! I have NEVER in my 44 years of life had a foundation that does not break me out and makes me look FLAWLESS! It does not settle in fine lines, wrinkles or pores nor does it look heavy at all. I think I paid $34.00 for this and let me tell you, that is a steal. This small tube will last me a year for sure because of the minuscule amount of product you need. It is the first time I have written a review after 5 years and trying literally 100's of products where I felt the need to praise something highly enough to review it! Run and buy this foundation it is remarkable ladies!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

**edit** I don't use this by itself anymore since it starts to wear off into the day. I do mix this with double wear and it's the perfect foundation.

PROS:

Lightweight
Full coverage
Long lasting
Great packaging/easy for travel

CONS:

Few color choices
A bit pricey

Overall I am really loving this foundation. It covers everything and it is extremely lightweight. I don't feel like I'm wearing a mask like I do with revlon colorstay. So far I haven't broken out with this yet either which is a plus for my sensitive skin. I retouched once bc my skin gets oily in the winter time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by cachmehere

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this!!! IT'S Totally amazing. I have tried them all no joke and with this I only use a very small amount and I look amazingly airbrushed all day long. I used Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer underneath, apply the foundation (deep) with a ecotools foundation brush and set it with 100 Percent Pure Heathly Glow powder in golden peach (this stuff lasts me 3 months). I do not touch up my face all day. I have even gotten compliments on how awesome my skin is and that is something I'll never get tired of hearing.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2011 7:57:00 AM More reviews by jjkrh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Sooooooo Underwhelming! So the only good thing I can say is that the new lightest color is actually spot on. Slightly lighter and pinker than the original. There are so many cons though....where to start...here are a few: It doesn't glide on as easy as the original. It has a very drying aspect to it, which I suppose are clays. I can't wear it but once and my face flakes off. It does not cover well at all. The original version was fantastic and covered with a pea sized amount. This new version, no matter what I do, covers nothing and I have to use concealer. That is just wrong with a maximum cover foundation. I could find more things wrong with it, but leave it to a huge makeup company to take something that has worked for years and re-formulate it so badly, that I can no longer use my HG foundation. Way to go Estee. Sheesh.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by makeupqueen26

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been around for years. They just repackaged and gave it a new name. I do love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by bkaips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Wowza! If you want maximum coverage in a makeup then look no further. Tried this on a whim after reading reviews on here about the excellent coverage without drying the skin out or making me look older than my 40 years.
Have to say I am very pleased with the job it does. It's not too often you can actually wear a full coverage makeup at 40+ without it accentuating every little flaw you have and it looks good on me all day, providing a nice matte finish.

My issue, just wanted to cover up some uneven pigmentation, freckles, a few broken capillaries, the rare zit that may pop out. My skin: dry, no wrinkles, like I said I'm 40 but get told I look late 20's all the time...but I still don't like to wear a full coverage foundation because of my dry skin and my age because no matter what, it makes you look older.

I apply this with a sponge and it literally takes a miniscule drop to cover each section of my face, so all in all I use about 4 drops and these are small! I can see this tube lasting me at minimum 6 months to a year with the amount I use, so for $30 it's well worth it hence I gave it a cheap rating for price. This would also work awesome for those that just want to use it as a spot concealer as it will beat any and all concealers out there hands down and I have no doubt this would cover anything you can throw at it. I gave this a 4 rating ONLY because of the lack of a color range, if they would offer this in a wider range of shades for women of color and different ethnicities, it would certainly get a 5 from me. Luckily I was able to find a shade that works for me out of the 6 available.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Hollytron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to give this a 5 on the basis that it is THE ONLY *full* coverage foundation that has not dried my skin out MISERABLY and attached to any dry spots INSTANTLY. That alone is a miracle. I understand though; matte tends to last long. Silica and clay are friends to theatre and photography. I get it. They keep things in place and keep oil under control. But what happens when I have an emergency and I want the full coverage?! I usually don't get it because of the excessive dryness. Not anymore.

Now, this ain't no savior for dry skin but it feels incredibly comfortable; does not leave my skin feeling taut, does not appear cakey, and does not attach to flakes. At least, none of those things happen immediately. After 9 hours of wear, I did see some of my drier patches showing a little flaking/cakey appearance. (Yeah I know, what am I doing wearing foundation for over 9 hours? Three words: Busy holiday season.) I took some of my toner (PC Skin Recovery Toner, very moisturizing), sprayed it over my face, took a soft cotton ball, and patted in the areas that looked dry. Worked very well to help manage the appearance of dry skin. Normally I would have applied more moisture to my sad, dry skin around this time in the winter anyway.

Ok now moving backwards. Since I already touched on wear, I have to touch on all other important things. First, color is nice in Very Light for my NC15/NARS SG Gobi skin. I am warm toned and pretty yellow for not being Asian. This is a neutral foundation that works well, but I'd love to see it a bit warmer.

Second, application is *amazingly* smooth! It does not feel heavy at all, as others have pointed out! Over my moisturized and primed skin, it blends so beautifully and smoothly. It's so pigmented, that you don't need a thick layer. A fine, thin layer will cover all redness and blemishes. I apply with my fingers and smooth out with a small, not too dense kabuki brush (BE Handy Buki in this case). A sponge works fabulously too.

There is clay and silica in this (though it is not totally matte), but the top most ingredients are moisturizing and soothing items like vitamin e, petrolatum, soybean oil, cholesterol, linoleic acid, bisabolol, and more.

I would also like to note that fragrance is not in the ingredients list and the smell that this has is super minimal. I am sensitive to most fragrance, so that is a plus for me. I also love the packaging; dark blue, thin tube with a gold cap. The box came cellophane wrapped and felt luxurious. At $32, not too bad compared to some other HE foundations. Definitely a middle ground.

I will update more as I see fit, but on a final note: DRY GIRLS: I can't imagine wearing this daily without seeing some drying, unless you are going to be wearing it for a shorter period of time than 11 hours (which was the total hours for me on the first wear). Reach for this only on "those" days... continued >>

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by fashionista_ae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is incredible. I am so happy EL came out with this foundation. I honestly thought it would be very thick and hard to blend, but it is so silky smooth, blends in like silk, and covers EVERYTHING! The coverage of this is amazing, yet its still lightweight. Don't know how they did it. LOL! This gives a natural matte finish, is long wearing, and makes your skin look totally flawless. Right now I have a pesky zit on my chin, and patted and pressed a little extra of this foundation on top as concealer, and you cant even tell its there. This is a must have for everyone!

*** Update: I am still loving this, however I find that it does not have the best oil control. The coverage is amazing, but I have to use my oil blotting sheets more with this than other foundations that I love. Still great though!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No