December 20, 2014 | 1187 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

See, I am loving this powder - and the funny thing is that I almost never wear powder at all. The way I'm using it isn't as its own foundation, but as a final step after airbrush foundation - which anyone who's used it knows it covers nothing, but is great for evening out skin tone. The Colorstay Aqua Mineral Makeup makes for a very nice, matte (but not dry), flawless finish. No kidding; it's after dinner, the night is set to freeze, I'm in white fleece sweats, & my colorist called me last night to reschedule this morning's touch-up appointment when I'm 8+ weeks out as it is ... yet I felt at least facially camera-ready after a touch of this powder. Ooh, and it's going to come in very handy in the summer. By the way, I wear sunscreen instead of primer, and (European version, not Canadian) La Roche-Posay Anthťlios SPF 30 spray & Diorskin Airflash Spray Foundation 200 Light Beige go great under this. I would say the lightest shade 200 of this foundation & the lightest shade of the Colorstay Aqua pretty much match.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have no idea why I bought this product. It seemed to be a good idea in the store.
The packaging is nice and the sensation when applying is also pleasant. There is not a lot of product for the price and the coverage is very minimal.

Now the really bad thing about this is the glitter. It has sooo much glitter in it! This maybe good for people with even and smooth skin, but not for me! I would suggest to put some on the back of your hand and go out into the sun to see if you like it or not. I think it looks horrible.

I think I will use this sometimes as a highlighter because of all the shimmer, just so I don't have to throw it in the rubbish. I would never use this as a foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by katiedid0985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this foundation, as I like Revlon and mineral makeup. Sadly it was not meant to be. First, for a powder with aqua in its name, it is not at all hydrating. As others mentioned it does feel "wet" when you first brush it on, but it definitely highlighted dry areas on my skin and looked obviously powdery and cakey. It was ok after using a strong moisturizer, but still not great. It also doesn't cover very well either. You would have to put on a few layers to cover any imperfections, but that would make your skin look even drier and more powdery. I can't really speak to the staying power of the makeup as it didn't really seem to do that much to begin with. The sparkles in it didn't bother me as they were pretty subtle and I like a more "dewy" finish anyway. The container was pretty standard for mineral makeup. The holes in the sifter were a bit big and I got a large pile of the powder on top of it after a short while, but that seems to happen to me with every brand. In theory I liked the little brush that clicks into the cap as it seems great for travel, but the brush is too small and flat to do much. This works all right as a setting powder for other foundations so I'll probably use it for that, but I definitely wouldn't buy it for that reason.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I got this a few weeks ago. I always wait until the weekend to try new makeups in case something goes wrong. When I am getting ready for work, I donít have the time to fix failed makeup. Iíve used this a few times now, and Iím glad I waited and took the time to apply because it takes some practice and getting used to. I really didnít want it to fail because I love mineral makeup and the idea of a hydrating one just sent my mind into the thought of perfection in makeup for me. So hereís my thoughts on it; I used a primer (I always do) as I feel it helps with the application and longevity of all makeup. If you want more coverage than just evening of the skin tone you will need to use a concealer. Again, I use concealer no matter what makeup Iím using. Application is sort of interesting with this one. Like most mineral makeups, layering is key if you want coverage, but because this one applies ďwetĒ (the brush even becomes damp once you apply this) you will need to let it dry in between applying another layer. For example, after applying to my cheeks, I will move on to my forehead and then come back to my cheeks if I want more coverage. Speaking of application, I tried my typical mineral makeup brush, which I donít feel was sufficient. Surprisingly, the brush it comes with works really well because itís synthetic, I believe. The finish of this is very, very natural looking, like you are wearing no makeup. Itís luminous, but not shiny. Like others stated, it feels wet and cooling when youíre applying, although I question how hydrating it really is, though I donít think itís drying. Love that it has SPF. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Dimmychi

The packaging is nice and really convenient. I really like how i comes with a retractable brush. When I applied the powder to my face it had this really nice cooling sensation but the coverage is very thin and just barely covered the redness on my face. The reason for the low rating is because there is a load of shimmer in the powder. It's kinda weird to walk around looking like a disco ball.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by tarynloftness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am not into mineral foundations at all - but I thought this would be a great finishing powder. I apply it under my eyes, over my concealer - #60 is the shade I chose - a little dark for me - but it is really smooth and not chalky at all. I love it! Revlon products continue to impress me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by MackMimiMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good powder foundation. I liked how it felt cold & wet when it applied. I love the attached brush. Really nice. It has tons of sparkle to it. I noticed it more when it was on my hand than when it was on my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by ewanfanatic88

This feels AMAZING when I put it on my skin! It's so cooling and moisturizing :)

Unfortunately, that's the only good thing about this "foundation". It gives little coverage with A LOT of shimmer and is way too expensive for a drugstore product. The packaging would be great for traveling ... if the brush worked well.

I do use this over my liquid foundation because the 'aqua' aspect of the product is good for my dry skin. I wouldn't use this alone because my skin has a bunch of red patches all over. It would work as a foundation for someone with pretty good skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really liked this foundation. It gave me coverage through out the day and made my skin look smooth. Really liked the way it looked. It gave me shimmer but not disco ball shimmer.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Valla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am devastated that this product is replacing the regular ColorStay Mineral powder foundation, which I have been using since soon after it came out.

The foundation looked good from a distance, but from close up, it emphasized all the pores on my nose and the apples of my cheeks. The shiny aspect of the powder made matters worse. It looked liked there was paint on my face. Just horrible. I've already returned it.

The packaging is an improvement on the regular ColorStay Mineral Powder, although I don't think that the jar can be opened, so transferring it could be a problem.

Overall, a huge disappointment.