Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

3.1

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (3.7%). Non-Medicinal/Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Mica, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Viola Tricolor Extract, Methicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

Would I buy this purely as a foundation? No, but I really like it for setting makeup when you don't want a very matte, full coverage look.

The closest thing I have in my MU stash that I could compare it to would be MAC's MSFN. This would be a loose powder version of that meaning it's medium coverage, not matte but luminous finish and doesn't look dry or cakey. Basically, if you like MSFN you will probably enjoy this as a cheap alternative. I am about NC 20 and chose the Light-Medium shade from Revlon since I've found that my Medium MSFN that the MAC SA recommend looks a tiny bit to yellow for me.

I already have an HG matte longwear foundation & powder but I wanted to try a more dewy, natural look. I've found a foundation that I like already but was looking for a powder that would give a bit of additional coverage and make my skin look dewy. This fits the bill. I don't feel it's too glittery and I am usually opposed to wearing much products with glitter on my face. This is nice, obviusly not something to use if you are oily or going dancing or anything like that. My skin is at the point where yes, I still get oily at times but I'm also noticing that alot of matte foundation and powders can make my skin look a bit more "aged" that it really is. Ick.

Anyway, the brush here is mostly useless. Ok for a touch up, but for inital application you are gonna want to use a kabuki. I don't like the fact that there is nothing to keep the powder from spillng out of the pinholes if you want to carry it in your purse.

Bottom line: a good setting powder, not foundation option for women who want a more natural finsh with a bit of coverage. Compareable to MAC MSFN but in loose powder form. Yes there is a slight cooling sensation, but I like it.

I do not usually write reviews but I was so disappointed with this product that I decided to write one. I was using the original Colorstay Mineral powder by Revlon and though it was not perfect, I was very happy with it. The colors were a little on the pink side for me but I really liked the coverage and the wear and would blend a few of the shades to get something closer to my skin tone. Then they discontinued it and the new Colorstay Aqua mineral was available. The colors were not as pink as the previous so I thought I would definitely try it and I am so disappointed in this product that I am returning it. I have tried it for the past several days and each day I dislike it more and more.

No matter how much it is blended it still has a cakey and masky look on top of the skin. It does not last very long and starts separating and settling into fine lines and the sparkles.... they are awful. If I wanted to sparkle I would apply glitter. And by the end of the day it dries my skin out in multiple areas and just looks awful.

I wish they would not change products that work or at least continue with the new and old.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this...i got w/coupon so i only paid around 9 bucks. I like the original powder, but this aqua one does not give coverage at all. And is it me or the colors different now? Anyways..i dont hate this though..i do love the cooling sensation, and have used this to set my foundation with, plus its cheaper then the powder Mac released w/cooling sensation. Would i buy again? yes if theres a sale and like i said to use to set.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

See, I am loving this powder - and the funny thing is that I almost never wear powder at all. The way I'm using it isn't as its own foundation, but as a final step after airbrush foundation - which anyone who's used it knows it covers nothing, but is great for evening out skin tone. The Colorstay Aqua Mineral Makeup makes for a very nice, matte (but not dry), flawless finish. No kidding; it's after dinner, the night is set to freeze, I'm in white fleece sweats, & my colorist called me last night to reschedule this morning's touch-up appointment when I'm 8+ weeks out as it is ... yet I felt at least facially camera-ready after a touch of this powder. Ooh, and it's going to come in very handy in the summer. By the way, I wear sunscreen instead of primer, and (European version, not Canadian) La Roche-Posay Anthťlios SPF 30 spray & Diorskin Airflash Spray Foundation 200 Light Beige go great under this. I would say the lightest shade 200 of this foundation & the lightest shade of the Colorstay Aqua pretty much match.

on 2/8/2011 9:57:00 AM

I have no idea why I bought this product. It seemed to be a good idea in the store.
The packaging is nice and the sensation when applying is also pleasant. There is not a lot of product for the price and the coverage is very minimal.

Now the really bad thing about this is the glitter. It has sooo much glitter in it! This maybe good for people with even and smooth skin, but not for me! I would suggest to put some on the back of your hand and go out into the sun to see if you like it or not. I think it looks horrible.

I think I will use this sometimes as a highlighter because of all the shimmer, just so I don't have to throw it in the rubbish. I would never use this as a foundation.

I really wanted to like this foundation, as I like Revlon and mineral makeup. Sadly it was not meant to be. First, for a powder with aqua in its name, it is not at all hydrating. As others mentioned it does feel "wet" when you first brush it on, but it definitely highlighted dry areas on my skin and looked obviously powdery and cakey. It was ok after using a strong moisturizer, but still not great. It also doesn't cover very well either. You would have to put on a few layers to cover any imperfections, but that would make your skin look even drier and more powdery. I can't really speak to the staying power of the makeup as it didn't really seem to do that much to begin with. The sparkles in it didn't bother me as they were pretty subtle and I like a more "dewy" finish anyway. The container was pretty standard for mineral makeup. The holes in the sifter were a bit big and I got a large pile of the powder on top of it after a short while, but that seems to happen to me with every brand. In theory I liked the little brush that clicks into the cap as it seems great for travel, but the brush is too small and flat to do much. This works all right as a setting powder for other foundations so I'll probably use it for that, but I definitely wouldn't buy it for that reason.

on 2/7/2011 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this a few weeks ago. I always wait until the weekend to try new makeups in case something goes wrong. When I am getting ready for work, I donít have the time to fix failed makeup. Iíve used this a few times now, and Iím glad I waited and took the time to apply because it takes some practice and getting used to. I really didnít want it to fail because I love mineral makeup and the idea of a hydrating one just sent my mind into the thought of perfection in makeup for me. So hereís my thoughts on it; I used a primer (I always do) as I feel it helps with the application and longevity of all makeup. If you want more coverage than just evening of the skin tone you will need to use a concealer. Again, I use concealer no matter what makeup Iím using. Application is sort of interesting with this one. Like most mineral makeups, layering is key if you want coverage, but because this one applies ďwetĒ (the brush even becomes damp once you apply this) you will need to let it dry in between applying another layer. For example, after applying to my cheeks, I will move on to my forehead and then come back to my cheeks if I want more coverage. Speaking of application, I tried my typical mineral makeup brush, which I donít feel was sufficient. Surprisingly, the brush it comes with works really well because itís synthetic, I believe. The finish of this is very, very natural looking, like you are wearing no makeup. Itís luminous, but not shiny. Like others stated, it feels wet and cooling when youíre applying, although I question how hydrating it really is, though I donít think itís drying. Love that it has SPF. Would definitely repurchase.

on 2/4/2011 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The packaging is nice and really convenient. I really like how i comes with a retractable brush. When I applied the powder to my face it had this really nice cooling sensation but the coverage is very thin and just barely covered the redness on my face. The reason for the low rating is because there is a load of shimmer in the powder. It's kinda weird to walk around looking like a disco ball.

I am not into mineral foundations at all - but I thought this would be a great finishing powder. I apply it under my eyes, over my concealer - #60 is the shade I chose - a little dark for me - but it is really smooth and not chalky at all. I love it! Revlon products continue to impress me!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a good powder foundation. I liked how it felt cold & wet when it applied. I love the attached brush. Really nice. It has tons of sparkle to it. I noticed it more when it was on my hand than when it was on my face.