July 29, 2014 | 2000 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by BeautyJunkie1130

My usual go to foundation was MUF's HD foundation, which works great, but is on the expensive side. Revlon's ColorStay foundation works amazingly well for the price and I like it better than the HD foundation. The coverage is medium-full depending on how much coverage you want. It does tend to dry really fast so I blend it out with a damp beauty blender. It leaves me with a flawless, natural finish that lasts literally all day. The only thing I wish it had was a pump because the bottle tends to dirty very quickly.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Justin650

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is overhyped. I tried the Toast version and it looked too red on my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2013 6:03:00 AM More reviews by moni4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Revlon ColorStay foundation for oily/combination skin.

This is a medium to full coverage foundation, that feels a bit thick and needs to be worked on the skin quickly (I felt that otherwise, it dried easily).
    The colour I used was Buff, which was a really nice pale shade with slight yellow undertones. However, I would never repurchase this because I was using it during a time that my skin was breaking out a lot (I had to take isotretinoin!) and I'm suspicious that this foundation made me skin worse. This is because as soon as I started using it, my skin would break out more (and at the time I was "happy" that at least the foundation could cover everything) and once I stopped using it, my skin started to get better.
    However, I'm not fully sure if it was this foundation that caused me to break out (I used it about 2.5 years ago) but it just brings me bad memories. Besides, nowadays I prefer something that feels lighter.

I would say, if you're looking for a full covarage foundation (despite the heavier consistency), with a nice selection of shades and reasonable price, you might want to give it a try. I'd only advice you to test this carefully if you're acne pronce or your skin breaks out easily from products.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by AlexisRosee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After starting to use Revlon Colorstay it became my absolute FAVORITE foundation! It covers great, it feels like what they would put on you for a commercial, because it's so flawless looking. But, i'm no longer using it because unfortunately there are a lot more negatives than positives. Now we all have different types of skin, but this foundation is SO heavy that it clogs your pores, and i learned that the hard way! It gave me terrible and i mean TERRIBLE acne. Every time i wear it i'll have a new pimple once i get it all washed off and when i wake up the amount will just grow one after another. And i'm still struggling with the breakout it gave me the last time i wore it. Also another thing is that is drys REALLY quickly and ends up leaving streaks if you don't blend fast. Good if you're looking to cover freckles and other flaws, but not worth it the aftermath.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by SarahDelevingne

So i love the finish of the foundation, it make your skin look flawless and the coverage is amazing! it literally stays on all day, No joke. What really set me off is the bottle! i wasted SO MUCH of this product getting it out.When you do get some out goes everywhere and pours way to much. It doesn't have a pump which i really think Revlon should change. It always drys out and turns crusty since pouring it out is so messy and gets all over the bottle. I would like to start buying this foundation again but i wont if they don't change the bottle
    ~ SarahDelevinge :*
    ( im not sure if your can buy this product with a pump now, I haven't checked in awhile)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by keyshias34

HORRIBLE! I purchased with high hopes for this product especially with all the hype. I felt the coverage was not good enough and it look like paint on my skin. Made my skin look worse! On another note the staying power is veryyyyyy strong took a lot of washing to get off, which made me breakout :( . I returned this the next day and purchased the revlon whipped creme makeup which looks a lot more natural LIKE SKIN and better coverage. I'm just disappointed in the shade selection but way better than this crap !

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by purplegrl66

Definitely my new HG foundation!!!!! I looooooveee this product much, much more than my Makeup Forever HD foundation, which I used before I found this. Pros: Medium to Full coverage, stays on all day, cheap, smells pretty good. Cons: dries quickly so you gotta work FAST, horrible bottle (wish it came with a pump!!!).

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

i got to my second tube of using until i found out it contains some of the worst skin ruining ingredients, no joke i noticed a one large pore i have never seen in my life after using this which i quickly resolved by doing Manuka UMF15+ honey mask and avene thermal spring water treatments. I found Loreal visible lift foundation in shade classic ivory to be more settling to use on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by mandypants04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice make up. Covers very well, and feels very light to my face. It does not feel like I am wearing anything. I really lke this foundation, and will continue buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by IsaRiquezes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very good foundation, it has good coverage and stays on all day, or in my case, all night since I only use it when I'm going out because I find it too heavy for everyday use and I don't really have any skin problems to cover up. I also use it to do my sister's makeup when she does her dancing recitals and it covers her blemishes up very well and leaves her skin looking flawless. The only problem I have with it is the packaging, it would be better if it had a pump because you have to pour the liquid in the brush or in your hands and sometimes too much comes out and you have to wash it off and waste it. But overall I really like it