April 18, 2014 | 1765 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this foundation because of its lasting power, but I wasn't completely satisfied with it. I do love how long it stays on all day, but it made my face look a tiny bit cakey and appeared like I had a ton of makeup on (maybe this is because it really accentuated my already noticeable pores). I am more of a fan of the soft, dewy look and this foundation finishes a little too dry for my taste. It didn't break me out and covers small blemishes, discoloration, and a dark undereye well. It looks great with a translucent finishing powder or bronzer if you're going for the matte finish. I like makeups to look natural and glowing and this foundation didn't exactly do that for me. However, it is a good product and works very well if you're going for the matte look.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by angerawrs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've re-purchased this from my BFF as she has lighter shade and she got NC25 (her shade is probably NC20), and NC25 suits me perfectly.
This foundation is perfect! It matches my skin tone perfectly and looks super natural as if like I've never apply any foundation at all. It does not cover all pores though, but I've worn it under open air surface for at least 4 hours the first time I applied this on, and at the end of the day it was still there! No break outs as well, I'm definitely buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by pineapple808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a good foundation, not my fav but it does what it says. It last's... I don't know about 15 hours since I don't leave my makeup that long but after a morning of running around with the kids, cooking over a hot stove for meals, and an 8 hour work day, my makeup looked almost the same as it did when I applied it. I get an oily t zone and this controls it. It's a tad yellow compared to all my other nc35 mac foundations but I think the slight yellower tone works well with medium/tan skin to give it a nice glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Tymc4

I have been using this product about 2 months now, and I'm in love with it! I have combination skin, that is extremely acne prone. I've noticed no break outs with this foundation, and the coverage is amazing. I use a damp sponge, as it tends to dry very quickly, but it's not too hard to work with. I pair this in NW25 with MAC's prep + prime translucent powder and I get a fantastic, natural looking, matte finish that lasts all day (some blotting required throughout the day though).I highly recommend this product if you're looking for a natural looking foundation to cover acne and scars. Will definitely be re purchasing!

P.S. some people like to compare this to Revlon Colorstay...I personally find this better, as colorstay tended to wash me out terribly in pictures and had too much of a yellow undertone and tended to be too heavy feeling on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by r8girl

I have been using this for a while after looking for a makeup that 1) looks good in person 2) in natural sunlight and 3) on camera flash. I tried a lot of makeups including MAC liquid foundations (studio tech, studio sculpt) and all of them looked so nasty in pictures.

I now use this the Pro longwear, but mix a little bit of Revlon Colour Stay in it to balance out the colourc (MAC nw40 with Revlon 330 Natural Tan).

I find NW 40 on its own looks sort of orange on its own, and the revlon takes it away a bit.

I like this makeup. It shows up well in pictures, if you rub it in and apply it correctly, it looks good in person and provides a true match. You do not need a lot to cover your face.

Work quicly - it dries up rather fast before you can work it all over your face if you let it sit there. It does not feel heavy, and I never, ever re-apply and I am super picky. I do however, reapply powder (bare minerals) or concealer (cover fx), but never foundation.

I am a foundation junkie/perfectionist, and I have been using this for nearly two years.

Mac prolong wear + Revlon Colourstay + Bare minerals on top = my holy grain regime.

CONS? EXPENSIVE! But it all lasts so long.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by kpennock

So I have sort of a love hate relationship with this product. Now first off I do have oily/combination skin, I am EXTREMELY pale with coolish undertones (but really I can use NC or NW..honestly that dont look much different on my face).

Pros:
It is long lasting.
Creamy
Doesn't feel super heavy on the skin
Doesn't break me out
Pump makes it easy to get the product out

Cons:
Dries to fast when I try to apply it with a brush which makes it look a lil streaky. I have tried skunk brushes, dense flat top brushes, kabuki etc...unless i work in VERY small areas at a time it just looks bad.

That being said, when I use a damp beauty blender it does apply better.

The color is darker than most of the other foundations. I got NC15 and it matches me IF i get a tan in the summer but is WAY too dark in the winter.

Appears dry/flaky when I set it with a powder where my skin is normal but still gets shiny around my nose.

Also this product is NOT forgiving to large pores.

I would buy this again for special events because it photographs pretty well and if I combine it with a moisturizer or BB cream to sheer it out a bit then it applies really nice. However, it is NOT the easiest foundation to work with so beginners beware.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by AlvaSofia

This didn't work at all for me. It makes my face look super dry, but even worse is even though I have NC15 it was way too dark and orange for me. The finish result is an orange, flaky face that isn't very pretty at all. Now I'm left with a whole bottle of this, but I have no choice but to buy another foundation because this is not how I want my face to look.
(Although the packaging is very smart and the coverage is pretty good too)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i'm on my 3rd bottle of this. for me, it is the creme de la creme of long wearing foundations. i've tried colorstay, doublewear, and long wear even finish by BB. in terms of staying power this blows away the competition. it is my HG summer makeup as i sweat like a piglet in the summer and my skin is uber-oily. coverage is light to medium and buildable. i apply any way: fingers, brush, beauty blender. then i pat into my face like i do for all foundations now to warm into the skin.

my qualm is: color. when i was super pale i was like an NW 20. summer NW 30. my skin got kinda darker over the years and i'd say now i'm an NW 25-30; will be darker in summer. HOWEVER... since trying and LOVING the look of bobbi's even finish foundation (for winter), and her whole "yellow" foundation theory, i'm thinking of crossing into NC territory although i have cool-toned, pink skin. i swatched my NW and my BB and boy the nw is PINK and the bb is YELLOW!!! but really the yellow tones are cancelling out my redness, match my yellowish concealer that cancels out my dark circles, and matches my face and neck. i guess it's time for a trip to the counter... to try some NC 25-30!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by jenniferads

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HORRIBLE..... I am not sure if its just me but it made me so oily,and I had to even apply more within an hr of it being on. Yes I use primer and a setting powder. It also made my pores huge! Back to the store it goes!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tan skin bought this product in NC42. I think its a pretty long wearing product and thin consistency unlike other long wearing foundations. I find that this product stays on longer than Revlon Colorstay and comparable to Estée Lauder Doublewear but alot thinner. However, I probably will not buy this product again because it doesnt cover as great as I would like, still leaves my complexion uneven.