October 30, 2014 | 1724 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by groovymutation

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wasn't expecting this to be moisturizing enough, given that my skin's a little peely this days from week 3 of Retin-A -- but it actually ended up being magnificent! I use it 2-3 times a day (in the morning, mid-afternoon if I feel dry, and in the evening an hour after applying Retin-A) and it never makes my skin feel oily. I've also not had any break-outs at all, though I'm not sure if that's due to the Retin-A, or if I have the non-comedogenic properties of this moisturizer to thank.

Either way, I'm impressed and definitely plan to buy this moisturizer again. I love the gel format, and it even smells very clean and crisp.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Gryffin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay so first I HAVE to comment on a previous contributors rating. They said that alcohol denat (aka alcohol denatured) is horrible for the skin I guess because its in paint thinner and that it is drying. Well it is probably used in this product because it enhances absorption into the skin, thus enhancing the penetration of the moisturizing ingredients. The jury is still out on whether or not alcohol denatured causes serious issues such as cancer and cell death, but people might be surprised to hear that a LOT of skin care ingredients are still in that iffy category - and food additives as well. I could go through the whole list of ingredients and say what else they're used for, and probably make some folks gasp because it has something in common with, say, biodiesel. For instance, glycerin, the second ingredient, is used in a type of antifreeze and is used to make nitroglycerin - so maybe we will explode if we use anything with glycerin in it??? I think not. Please leave the science to the scientists!
What is important is to find out if this product works for you; maybe it is too drying, but maybe it will work great! There is no point in making people scared with sensationalized if-so fact-o data. If you are truely concerned with safety in products, look into the real research and decide for yourself. Don't spread irrationality!
My experience with this product was pretty good, it was very refreshing and moisturizing, but I do have very oily skin. I actually think it might be a little too moisturizing for me, so I only use it at night.
Sorry for my little rant, but lately I have noticed more and more people using misguided information to make illogical conclusions about products that they have tried.
Ciao y'all from Alabama!

30 out of 33 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by cookiekekekee

I like this... I am on my second jar... And now I've read the other reviews and they scare me... Now, I'm starting to question whether or not that spontaneous breakout session a couple months back could have something to do with this, but there are numerous other things that could have contributed to that...

Generally, I do love this gel. The post about ingredients being in paint thinner or something, really scared me though :\

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by lindseyxx

This moisturizer works very well so far. Cools my skin and doesn't clog my pores (thank god). But I did some research and found out it was tested on animals. Will not be buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by justactrygal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the worst stuff you could put on your face ladies. I just bought this and didn't have my glasses on to read the ingredients . So figured well its moisture rescue so shouldn't have no alcohol in it..put it on my face and nothing absorbs in the skin that fast . I new I was sucker punched..wow only thing that can dry that fast is alcohol ..get home and look at the ingredients and yes the 3rd ingredient is alcohol denat ....omg why would you put this crap on your face its the same stuff they use for paint thinner..keep using this stuff and you will look old at a younger age ..what a joke..it will dry your face out ..how can they call it moisture recuse. They put that in there so you think its absorbs in the skin when its not its drys as fast as it hits air..and on your face..can't believe everyone loves this they got you fooled

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2012 11:00:00 PM More reviews by twinmommy44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this for my daughter who gets flakes from using Retin A Micro. She did not like it, so I tried it one morning under my makeup. I found it makes a nice primer strangely enough. I don't think it would work for people with dry skin, but it is very hot and humid where I live, and this dries to a matte finish, but leaves my skin really smooth. I think my makeup applied nicely over it, and lasted a long time. I will wear this all summer.I hate that it is in a jar, and hope they repackage it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Lovee1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product won me over from the moment I first tried the small sample I received. The sea green colored gel goes on light, yet moisturizing enough for my combination skin. It has a fresh, clean scent and also feels cool (but not tingling) upon application. It doesn't make my face feel oily or thick like some other moisturizers, nor do I need to slather on a lot for it to do it's magic like I had to do with the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, which after shelling out $25/USD, didn't do anything for me at all! However, for this product, it absorbs and moisturizes well, especially on the trouble-some dry spots. It's a definite re-purchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Tablecup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really enjoyed this at first because it feels fantastic on my skin! It has a gel like consistency and dries rather quickly. My issues with this though are that it makes my skin feel a little dry at first, but an hour or so after I apply it my skin looks extremely shiny! I have dry skin and I don't think this helps it too well. It may work better in the warmer months when there is more moisture in the air. I also wish I didn't have to stick my hands into the tub. It's not very sanitary.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by amberjxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This moisturizer has to be one of my top favorites to use. It is very inexpensive, hydrates well, gives a slight cooling sensation to the skin when applied, and not greasy. I have repurchased this moisturizer probably 3 times this year so far and will continue to purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've found a great moisturizer for the summer, hallelujah. I love this little jar of skin-drink! It's refreshing, it smells wonderful without being irritating via the fragrance, and it's a great before-makeup moisturizer - it acts as a good primer to keep foundation looking fresh. I use this every time I wash my face, afterwards, and it's a treat for my skin each and every time. I love the way this stuff feels. It's not breaking me out, it's not making my skin-tone muddy like some moisturizers do, it's just perfect for right now. (May need something more heavy duty in the winter, but for now, it's fantastic.) Love this in conjunction with MAC's Moisture Cream, too, fabulous. Will continue to repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No