MAC Haute & Naughty Lash

3.9

on 11/6/2010 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this mascara!

Haute and Naughty Lash has two caps: a sparkly purple one that has more product on it for more drama, and a hot pink cap that is for a more natural look. There is only one wand, so when you use the purple cap, the excess product goes through one filter, but when you use the pink one, it goes through a second filter so there's not a lot of product to get clumpy on your lashes. I don't know if filter is the right word, but maybe my description still makes sense? Seriously, I think every mascara should have two caps!

Anyway, I don't typically care for MAC mascaras (zoomlash, etc), but this one is awesome. It retails for $18 USD, more expensive than other MAC mascaras but still cheaper than other high end mascaras.

The first time I tried H&N Lash, I used the purple side, and I didn't like it too much. It didn't do much for volume, since it made my eyelashes clump together. The next day, I used the pink side, and it was great! The texture is a little bit dry, in my opinion, which makes it easier to go on. I was able to define every single lash and it held the curl nicely. My eyelashes are hard to curl, so that was a major plus. I have also tried using the pink side first, then using the purple side on top, just to add a little more volume and it works pretty well, with a light hand. I would definitely buy this again!

on 10/30/2010 11:14:00 AM

Like most have said, normally Mac's mascaras aren't the best. I don't know what they did differently with this one but it is AMAZING!!!!! I have blonde eyelashes and if a mascara doesn't coat all my eyelashes before getting really clumpy i am a happy girl. Thats why i love the Haute & Naughty Lash. I really like that you have the "freedom" to choose whether you want a full, volumized mascara, simple, clean mascara, or both! I would recommend this for people who have want to try a Mac mascara, or anyone who needs a new awesome mascara! I will repurchase!

on 10/26/2010 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

MAC, ya done me proud.

While I am an avid MAC lover and loyal customer (about 85-90% of all my makeup is MAC), I have never once liked any of their mascaras. Even when I was given a free Zoomlash, the response was "meh." They are always inferior to me, even to most drugstore ones, and I know plenty of MAC lovers who feel the same.

I decided to take a chance on Haute & Naughty, and boy am I happy I did! This is the first MAC mascara I have even considered repurchasing. Now, to be fair, I already have very long, thick, naturally curled lashes. When I apply this, it really ups the ante like no other MAC mascara. I love using the Haute part (the first pink cap) for easygoing or daytime looks, and at night I use this on my bottom lashes. It gives length and volume, plus separation, without going to the dreaded realm of "spider." The brush is a bit delicate and can be wobbly, so take care and time, but trust me the results are worth it.

The second, sparkly purple cap is the Naughty part, and that's just as great. It is definitely more drama than Haute, but still easy to work with, lengthening, and volumizing. Together, they work wonders.

My only con is that it seems to stay wet longer than other mascaras, so be very careful for about a minute afterwards - no squeezing your eyes, no rubbing, and try not to sneeze! The good part about this is, it seems to me, mistakes are easier to wipe away quickly, such as little dots on the browbone, etc.

I think this will be a fantastic travel mascara, since you can really get so many looks out of just one tube. It truly is that versatile! Overall, I am extremely pleased with Haute & Naughty Lash, and will most definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 10/1/2010 12:07:00 PM

I've tried a lot of mascaras and none of them are as great as this one. I love how there's 2 mascara wands in 1 mascara. When I want my lashes just to lengthen and not thicken, I use the pink (daytime) wand. And when I want my lashes to be really thick and volumized, I use the purple (evening) wand.

The packaging is very pretty in my opinion but I wish the price was a little bit lower. It's alright though because I will probably end up buying this over and over again when it dries out on me!

on 9/30/2010 3:10:00 PM

i love this mascara - it's one i use on an almost daily basis. i wear glasses, so i like to wear the 'naughty' lash more.. i love how thick &voluminous it makes my lashes. it holds my curl nicely, and doesn't flake/smudge. i get so many compliments! people asking me where i bought my fake lashes from (lol)..
i've already bought a backup of this.. i'm not sure if this is going to be permanent or not, but i feel like i should stock up just to be safe ;)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I purchased this mascara last week, and I have mixed feelings about it.

First, the purple (naughty) brush definitely gives a lot of volume, but it can clump easily and I need a lash comb. It makes my lashes really thick and stays wet fairly long.. so if you tend to sneeze when you put on mascara, this is not a good one for you! Lol.

The pink brush that unscrews is really nice, but I hate how it's so long and flexible - it makes it nearly impossible to wiggle it at the base of my lashes. It does give a really nice daytime look though, and does a great job seperating my lashes.

Overall, I think this mascara is good - but not my favorite. I probably wouldn't buy it again, just because I am always trying out new mascaras and have only re-bought one kind my entire life, lol.

on 8/29/2010 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I love the packaging of this mascara. That is one reason why I bought it. Lol. Overall this mascara is a good one. I usually use 4 mascara to acheive my false lashes look. This mascara is two in one. When you unscrew the pink top the wand is really long with a pretty average size brush. I noticed that this wand gives you a natural look and defines the lashes. It doesnt volumizes to me though. Now when you screw of the purple top along with the pink top, now this volumizes and makes your lashes nice and thick. The brush is thicker. When you use this brush it pulls out alot of product. It kind of clumps on the brush at times though. I really do like this mascara. It's nice and black and I like that. I love dark black mascara. I will definitely buy again.

on 8/12/2010 1:59:00 AM

i LOVE LOVE LOVE the pink top. it makes my lashes long; defined an fanned out. I havent even tried the two together because when i look at the wand i get scared. There is just too much product an it looks too clumpy. I wish they would just make the pink one alone. The ONLY down side of the pink part is that the wand is SUPER long & the handle is super short & small. Overall; i would repurchase it because it is the best mascara ive ever bought.. only for the pink part. I wish i didnt have to pay so much for excess things taht im not going to use; but it is well worth it.

p.s.- i have short- spidery- light tipped eyelashed & this makes them Long; Dark; & Seperated.

on 7/7/2010 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I won't lie, the reason I bought this mascara is the cool looking tube it comes in. Pink and purple cap with two "settings"? Sign me up! The mascara itself is very good as well, though not life-changing or ground-breaking. How it works is this:

>The cap has 2 parts; a pink cap that sits on top of another, purple cap.
>When you use the pink cap alone, the wand is pulled through a tube, which whisks off a lot of the product. The result is very defined, slightly lengthened/volumized natural looking lashes. This is considered the "haute" side.
>When you use the purple cap (which is really both caps), the wand is not pulled through anything, and therefore the mascara is "fully loaded" on the brush. It lengthens the same amount as the pink cap, but it gives more volume. This is considered the "naughty" side.

"Haute" side gives very natural looking lashes, separated nicely and slightly lengthened. The "naughty" sides gives some decent volume and a heavier/thicker fringe look. The color is a very dark black. Formula is very buildable, can smudge during application if you aren't careful, but after a minute it dries well and doesn't budge on me. I wore it all day in 90 degree heat on the 4th of July and got no flakes or runs. I added the side by side haute/naughty picture. The difference between the two is more noticeable in real life, but for the most part the 2 sides are not drastically different (here is a link to a picture of my eye with no mascara, for reference: http://img.ironspy.com/images/permalinks/NoMascara.jpg). Overall this is a good mascara. It doesn't blow me away or anything, but the concept is cool and the formula is there to back it up. I would buy again, though it's not like it's so life altering that I'll never purchase a different mascara. That would just be crazy. :)
Price: $18 for .31oz