October 31, 2014 | 1672 users online

Mascara - MAC - Haute & Naughty Lash

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by millmannx3

i LOVE LOVE LOVE the pink top. it makes my lashes long; defined an fanned out. I havent even tried the two together because when i look at the wand i get scared. There is just too much product an it looks too clumpy. I wish they would just make the pink one alone. The ONLY down side of the pink part is that the wand is SUPER long & the handle is super short & small. Overall; i would repurchase it because it is the best mascara ive ever bought.. only for the pink part. I wish i didnt have to pay so much for excess things taht im not going to use; but it is well worth it.

p.s.- i have short- spidery- light tipped eyelashed & this makes them Long; Dark; & Seperated.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

I won't lie, the reason I bought this mascara is the cool looking tube it comes in. Pink and purple cap with two "settings"? Sign me up! The mascara itself is very good as well, though not life-changing or ground-breaking. How it works is this:

>The cap has 2 parts; a pink cap that sits on top of another, purple cap.
>When you use the pink cap alone, the wand is pulled through a tube, which whisks off a lot of the product. The result is very defined, slightly lengthened/volumized natural looking lashes. This is considered the "haute" side.
>When you use the purple cap (which is really both caps), the wand is not pulled through anything, and therefore the mascara is "fully loaded" on the brush. It lengthens the same amount as the pink cap, but it gives more volume. This is considered the "naughty" side.

"Haute" side gives very natural looking lashes, separated nicely and slightly lengthened. The "naughty" sides gives some decent volume and a heavier/thicker fringe look. The color is a very dark black. Formula is very buildable, can smudge during application if you aren't careful, but after a minute it dries well and doesn't budge on me. I wore it all day in 90 degree heat on the 4th of July and got no flakes or runs. I added the side by side haute/naughty picture. The difference between the two is more noticeable in real life, but for the most part the 2 sides are not drastically different (here is a link to a picture of my eye with no mascara, for reference: http://img.ironspy.com/images/permalinks/NoMascara.jpg). Overall this is a good mascara. It doesn't blow me away or anything, but the concept is cool and the formula is there to back it up. I would buy again, though it's not like it's so life altering that I'll never purchase a different mascara. That would just be crazy. :)
Price: $18 for .31oz