December 18, 2014 | 1634 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Lemon Drop SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by mollyrosemetzger

First let me start off with the pros:

The sphere feels wonderful in your hand; the rubbery coating gives a nice touch and makes the product seem more expensive (it reminds me of Nars blushes and smashbox eyeshadows). It opens smoothly and closes securely with a satisfying "click." The balm smells wonderful, like lemon candy, and moisturizes my lips just as well as my usual product, Chapstick.

And now the cons:

While the sphere is cool, it is also bulky--don't even try sticking this in your jean pocket. Because the balm has a larger surface area than a regular twist-up tube, it might be less sanitary, too. Finally, the product tastes great at first, like sweet and sour lemon candy, but after time, it tastes just sour, even bitter.

While it's not the most practical lip balm, you will certainly get compliments because it's so unusual!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by pinkie35

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love everything about this stuff. Smells so good, just like true lemon and not plasticy like some of the others. As far as the formula, it melts right into my lips and moistures well without leaving a waxy residue. Love that it has SPF too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

This doesn't make my lips ultra soft like my Nivea Kiss of Moisture. What I do love is how the ball rolls around my lips. The application goes on like perfection! So innovative! I wish cosmetic companies would come up with new packing that is sleek, modern, and fun like this one. It does make for a nice base for lipsticks. I do find it a tad drying in the long run. It's okay, but not great. It was fun to try one time. I won't buy more in future. I will stick to Nivea

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Stiinuus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The package is cute, but its so annoying that you cannot use all of the product, since it falls through the holes in the bottom, and you cannot get is out.

It dint make my lips dry, but I didn't really feel that it moisturized them eighter.

The smell is awesome. Its smells like the FOX- candy, and it tastes like it too!

I also like that it has SPF, even tough i would wish it could have been higher protection.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by saban

I like the smell and the fact that it has spf but the formula is different from the other spheres. It's lighter and slicker. Great for applying but it doesn't last long.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by igbok88

I love the smell, and the lip balm itself is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by just_a_small_town_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a set of 3 of these for Christmas and bought a 4th flavor on my own. This one is by far my favorite! Super soft, easy to apply, great scent. Couldn't ask for more!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by WednesdayMay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

yay! I love this! Not the most moisturizing but my lips aren't dry. I would straight up buy this just for the scent. It's such a true lemon scent omg. yum. It's so easy to apply, and I have this one, the summer fruit one, and the orange tangerine one and this one is the smoothest and creamiest.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Once again I've fallen for gimmicky packaging. The product is a decent lip balm -- feels good going on, smells good and lasts. The only thing I wonder about is how the product is going to "wear down" as I use it -- I'm afraid I'm going to end up with a shape that will make application difficult. The way I'm currently applying it, I think the product will end up flat after awhile. This is one balm you can't stick in your back pocket! It's okay, but I still keep going back to Strawberry or Cherry Chapstick.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by sylvir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first impression of this product was "cute!!!". So I really wanted to love this product. I gave it a fair week of use as I did for all other products, and it did nothing but dry my lips out.

I was only impressed with the SPF 15 (which doesn't seem that uncommon in lip balms nowadays anyway), but not at all with its function. When I applied it for the first time, it would not glide on smoothly like your average lip balm. It felt like there were tiny grainy particles. Huge turn off. I thought heck, if it works, I'm not going to complain.

Well, it didn't. It would sit on my lips like a layer of film that never seemed to absorb. Instead, my lips would feel really irritated, so I would keep biting it, licking it, touching it, and just anything to get rid of the feeling that there's something sitting on my lips.

Tossed it out and will not be purchasing, again. Still searching for a stick alternative of my favorite Blistex's DCT pot, which I'm trying to find an alternative of since I find it really non-hygenic!