October 24, 2014 | 1882 users online

Cleansers - Yes To Carrots - Yes To Cucumbers Face Cleanser Towelettes

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by redrave1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These wipes did an okay job of removing my makeup, although I did have to go in with a cleanser to take everything off.

Like many people, these wipes stung my eyes badly and my face a little. I went to read the ingredients, and on the back it says to avoid contact with eyes. I didn't put the wipes directly in my eye or anything ridiculous, but I did use them to clean off eye makeup.

I know that allergic reactions happen and it doesn't make it bad product for everyone, but I assumed facial cleansing wipes can be used to remove eye makeup. I guess it's my fault for not reading the packaging more closely and making assumptions, but makeup removing facial cleansing wipes should be eye safe. Otherwise, what's the point of the convenience? There are plenty of other similarly priced options out there that do a better job cleaning off face makeup and are eye safe.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by xoxsexylv57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I repurchased this product twice before I had to move on. Let me list the pros and cons:

Pros:
*large sized cloth (some brands have tiny little wipes that cover only about half your face
*light, lovely, refreshing scent
*plastic re-closable snap to keep your wipes moist

Cons:
*burns and stings my face (and I don't have sensitive skin)
*very ineffective at removing face makeup, worse at removing eye makeup
*a bit on the pricey side for makeup removal cloths

I just don't see the point in purchasing these - I used these to wipe my makeup off in the car immediately after work one day, and my face didn't feel clean. So I took a look in my car mirror (used durning the day you can spot every imperfection on your face) and I saw that my foundation hadn't been removed, it had somehow been pushed into my pores. I was horrified. I grabbed another wipe and started to try to rub away the makeup, but I got the same result. I ended up using the remainder of that pack as swatch removal cloths. I definitely wouldn't buy these again as they don't serve their function.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes to Cucumbers' Soothing Facial Towelettes are 98% natural, paraben free, biodegradable cloth facial wipes meant to cleanse, remove makeup, and nourish skin all in one swipe. Aside from all those great benefits I've already mentioned, these cleansing cloths are hypoallergenic, dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested, and winner of an Allure Best of Beauty Award. These towelettes contain soothing ingredients like (obviously) cucumbers, aloe, and green tea. According to Yes To's extensive FAQ , their products are made in the USA and Isreal. Yes To products are cruelty free and have a Peta2 endorsement (take that as you will). I purchased my travel sized pack of ten wipes at Target for $2.99,which is a value fail. Yes To can be purchased at Ulta, most drugstores, Target, Walmart and more, as well as online.
Packaging is a waxy green pouch with a cartoony cucumber slice design all over it. The pouch opens with a sticky flap, similar to the one on most facial towelette packaging, except this one actually stays closed! The packaging offers a lot of product information, including a full ingredient list, which is impressive for a travel sized product. This little wax pouch, like the cloths it contains, is recyclable and biodegradable.
Each white cloth is about 7x6", and is made of thin, stretchy material that doesn't tear easily. The towelettes are soft and smooth. They don't offer any fancy benefits, like being exfoliating, or double sided, but they get the job done. Personally I like to cut the cloths in half, because 1/2 is enough to wipe my whole face, and I get more value win that way.
These towelettes have the right amount of moisture. Not dry, not drippy, just damp. I like to use my Yes To Cucumbers wipes on nights I'm feeling too lazy to wash my face. They do a great job wiping away and dirt, oil, foundation, and makeup remnants that my eye makeup remover didn't take care of. While these cloths are ok for getting rid of a bit of eyeliner, they just don't do the trick of removing full on eye makeup. They take off eyeshadow ok, but it takes significant effort to remove your mascara with one of these wipes, you have to do a lot of scrubbing, and that isn't very soothing. They do remove face makeup easily though.
Honestly I don't think I'd call these wipes "soothing", but they certainly are the gentlest face wipes I've ever used. They don't make my skin feel tight, dry, burny, or itchy like most towelettes do. They also don't leave behind that annoying residue some cleansing cloths do. They leave my skin feeling soft and cool, maybe they're more 'soothing' than I realised.
I've seen people on Makeup Alley complain about the scent of these towelettes. Why? They smell just like real cucumbers. Cool, watery, crispy, vegetable-y. Maybe everyone who was whining about the smell expected a cucumber melon scent, instead of straight up cucumber. But this isn't Bath&BodyWorks, it's Yes To and they never said anything about smelling amazing. Not that I don't think these wipes don't smell fantastic. Idk, maybe I'm the only one who wants to smell like I wiped my face with a cucumber slice. It makes my happy, the smell reminds me of a Eat n' Park grilled chicken salad.
Unless you hate cucumbers, I recommend Yes to Cucumbers Facial Towelettes. They're gentle on the skin, clean well, and have functional packaging. My only disappointment is how poorly these cloths do at removing eye makeup. I think you'll definitely still need a separate eye makeup remover, but otherwise these wipes are full of win. They're also good for you and the environment. These towelettes have definitely opened me up to the Yes To brand and made me want to try more products from their range, but they're kinda on the pricey side. I will likely get the full size package of of these wipes next time I'm at Target or Ulta, I can afford those.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2012 5:57:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

These cleansing wipes are inexpensive and do a pretty good job of removing makeup. Would re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 2:58:00 AM More reviews by 31ia

I really like these! I think they have a bad rating because they're not that great at moving makeup, which honestly, they aren't. Most makeup removing wipes (mac, ponds) just end up making me break out horribly so I just stick to using oil. Anyway, I use these when I'm in a rush in the morning and too lazy to fully wash my face, or after the gym and want to freshen up my face a bit. They don't irritate my skin at all and make me feel nice and fresh and i've never broken out using them! (Even with the ridiculous amount of days I skip washing my face in the morning...) So I use them what they are, in place of a cleanser kind of (which doesn't do any better job of removing my makeup anyway)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by ShelbyKnighttt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Product is okay. nothing special

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

I just discovered these gems when I recently went on a trip to the beach and wanted to lighten my load of mu products to take with me. A friend of mine told me how much she loved these and suggested I try them. I am so glad that I did because they are heavenly! The scent of cucumbers is very relaxing and the natural ingredients in these are soothing to my skin. I don't use them to remove my eye makeup, but they do a fantastic job of removing my makeup perfectly. I also bought these in Say Yes to Blueberries and love them as well. These are great for travel or on those days when you are exhausted and want to take your makeup off effortlessly. LOVE these!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Mo986

First night ive used this & it stunggggggg! I didnt think this was normal but i thought it was just me but sooo many people have said the same thing. Well im going to keep trying them out but so far it doesnt look good, i have sensitive skin ... I just hope they dont break me out even more than i already do.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by MysteryButterfly

I thought this product would be gentle because it said 98% natural ingredients or whatever. it stung my under eye...but the rest of my face was fine. doesnt clean that well (you have to work to get your makeup off). i felt like i had makeup on still after using it, so i went over my face with my witch hazel toner. usually the cotton pad with the toner doesnt show much dirt, oil..etc. but when i used it after this cleansing wipe, there was a whole bunch of makeup residue left over. which was disappointing because i really wanted to like this. it has a cucumber perfume-ish scent which i have no probs with but some of you might not like it. edit: 06/06/2012 the eye stinging sensation might be the aloe vera. few weeks ago i found out that i have really bad reactions towards aloe vera. so those of you who have rosacea who are sensitive towards aloe vera should beware.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by sunshine628

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The towelette is not moisturizing enough to remove all make up. Not impressed,won't buy again. I'll stick to my Ponds.