Yes To Carrots Yes To Cucumbers Face Cleanser Towelettes

2.8

Water/Aqua, Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Sodium Benzoate, Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe Vera), Sea Salt /Maris Sal (Dead Sea Mineral Salts), Camelia Sinensis Extract (Organic Green Tea Extract), Cucumis Sativus Extract (Organic Cucumber Extract), Benzoic Acid, Parfum/Fragrance, Xanthan Gum, Dehydroacetic Acid, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Citric Acid

on 6/11/2012 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought these because the store was out of the Burt's Bees wipes that I usually buy. The smell and feel of these is fine, but they broke me out. I have VERY good skin. I have probably had about two "real" pimples in my entire life and I'm in my 20s. But once I started using these I started getting tiny breakouts ALL over my face. I would not buy them again.

on 6/8/2012 3:07:00 PM

They have a cooling, refreshing effect on my face - I love the cucumber aroma! And, of course, they clear makeup away. They do a great job on the light makeup I wear (touch of concealer, BB cream/tinted moisturizer, sweep of bronzer). They aren't great for eye makeup, especially mascara, but for traveling/'quick cleaning, these are my favorite thing. I also have very dry and sensitive skin; these wipes leave my skin a tiny bit tingly/tight and aren't moisturizing enough for me on their own, but my skin feels very clean and good after using them nonetheless.

on 6/3/2012 10:58:00 PM

Updated review:
Only downside is I needed at least 2 towelettes to take a light amount of makeup off (mascara, some eyeliner and concealer). Its okay but I think maybe needs to be more saturated. For taking off mascara I would probably need something stronger. My eyes are super sensitive now and this didnt seem to make them oily. In fact it works best with normal to oilier skin.It could be a little more gentle-there was some very slight stinging after I wiped. I think I need to find something unscented . For the first time, try the travel size first. Follow up with an eye cream afterward. Not the worst product but not the best for me either. Their packets are nice for travel.

They were too "moisturizing" on my oily skin, definitely not for oily skin. Thankfully I got the .99 cent travel size so I just used them for makeup corrections while doing my cat eye liners.

on 6/2/2012 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

In my search for healthier and more natural skincare, this was my introduction to the Yes To line. I have fair, sensitive skin that is also oily and can break out easily. I have to be very careful about the products I choose. I like the packaging, and the fact that the towelettes are obviously biodegradable. Importantly, it is paraben-free. Well done there.

But the use of the product itself left me very dissatisfied. It had my face immediately burning like it was on fire, even with a gentle touch. After about five minutes, that sensation went away. It was replaced with leaving my skin feeling dry, and with a residue. Though I admit that may be due to the aloe (which real aloe always leaves a residue behind).

The scent is very pleasing, but a bit overpowering as it was left behind on my hands, even after washing more than once. I was disappointed to discover that may be due to the added fragrance. I'm usually very careful about choosing fragrance-free products. It wasn't something I expected a natural product for sensitive skin to contain.

I see I am not the only person to review this product as burning their skin. If this is meant to truly be a line for sensitive skin, this issue must be addressed, as well as the added fragrance. As it stands now, there is nothing soothing about this product.

on 5/16/2012 5:28:00 PM

I love these wipes and have been using them for about a year now. I have very dry skin and I prefer to use coconut oil as my makeup remover but these wipes are wonderful to wipe the oil/makeup off without stripping my skin, and I use them alone on days when I wear no makeup and in the morning. I love the smell and they are slightly hydrating as well. I do have fairly sensitive skin and have never reacted to the wipes however it looks like that has not been the case with other reviewers so if you are sensitive I suggest starting with a sample pack.

on 5/13/2012 12:49:00 PM

The cucumber smell is VERY strong...and artificial in a flavored-candy reminiscent way. The first few days, it was fine, cleaned my face well, but after about 4 days of using them (I only use them at night) the skin of my eyelids and my under eyes began to sting (I remove my eye makeup with a remover first and then just do a cursory swipe with the cloth).

Also, the towellette itself, though large when you unfold it, is very thin (though it doesn't tear), it just feels as if I can't use both sides effectively.

Not horrible, but not great.

on 5/10/2012 12:19:00 AM

I've tried many different face wipes/towelettes. I wouldn't say these are the best, but they are far better than any of the other ones I have tried. MAC's wipes are too thin and scratchy,they made me break out and cost way too much for a product that didn't "wow" me in any way. I had the same scratchy problem with the ones from Ponds, not to mention the disgusting perfume scent. For a while I was using the ones from E.LF. and I did like them but I found they left my skin feeling too dry afterwards.
I'd like to point out that I remove my eye makeup first, then use a cleansing towelette to remove my face makeup, and then finally I wash my face at my bathroom sink. So for me, I am only looking for a product that will remove my foundation, concealer, and face powders, as well as the oily residue my eye makeup remover leaves behind.
I've found these wipes are the softest I've ever felt. They feel absolutely amazing on my skin, like I am rubbing silk on my face. The smell is nice too, it's not perfumey and feels very "fresh". They do however, sting the face a little bit. This is a big con, but for me, the fact that they are so soft and do not make my skin feel tight at all is what makes me go back to them.
PROS:
- incredibly soft feeling
- smells lovely
- great packaging, these won't dry out with the tight seal!
- removes foundation very well
- doesn't make the skin feel tight
- doesn't leave a residue after use
CONS:
- burns slightly for a few minutes during and after use
- doesn't remove waterproof eye makeup effectively
- leaves behind specs of glitter from my highlighter

If you're like me and you remove your eye makeup separately and wash your face after you use it, you'll probably love these too (providing you can look past the burning sensation). If you're looking for wipes that remove everything so you can skip the cleanser and eye makeup remover these aren't for you.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really don't like these wipes, I like to use a wipe in this case 3 or 4 before I wash my face at night but these wipes aren't saturated even though the package quality is great. They also burn my eyes and make my skin sting and I have oily skin, they aren't soothing by any means. Considering you have to use so many wipes to take off any make up they aren't very cost effective and forget about mascara I don't use waterproof either.

I take my makeup off with towelettes rather than cleanser and water because it's faster and doesn't irritate my skin. These are thick, heavy duty cloths rather than the thinner type that come with most other towelette products. They take all my makeup off, even waterproof eyeliner which can be a biznatch sometimes. The scent is light and what you would probably expect from a cucumber product. It doesn't irritate my skin, make me break out, doesn't leave a yucky residue, and they are super gentle because they are so thick. I'm happy with these little guys and I'm going to buy the blueberry ones too and rotate them.