November 28, 2014 | 1882 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Anti Blemish Solutions Liquid Make Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by poeticsinger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First, let me say, I don't have acne. But I do have ridiculously oily skin. This foundation is FABULOUS. It creates a flawless, matte, finish that controls my oil for hours and hours. I have to do a touch up on my nose ONCE during the day. And my days are LONG. I can't say enough about this foundation. If you have oily skin, look no further.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 7:33:00 AM More reviews by eurobarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Finally a good clinique foundation! I've tried superfit which left me super oily and greasy, and perfectly real oxidised on me like crazy. Before trying anti blemish I was happily using SK-II airbrush, and I still am, but applying base, primer, spraying and waiting for it to dry is too much on an early morning (still do it for going out). I got a deluxe sample of this at Myer Sydney CBD after having the lovely SA apply this onto me. It felt great on, quite light but covered all my blemishes. I continued using it for the next 4 days (then I ran out of the sample) it wore really well, I had it on for 8+ hours one of the days, and I only needed to blot my nose once, after 6hours. I wore it with no powder as well, which is something I haven't done in a long time. I've bought a whole bottle and have been using it for 4 days now, I apply with an artiste stippling brush, which uses the tinyest amount of foundation and gives a great airbrushed look. I've also just applied with fingers when my brush was dirty (clean fingers that is). One of the best things about it is, it doesn't show up the dry skin around blemishes after you've picked at them or while they're drying so there is no cakeyness. I haven't noticed any blemish improvement, which is what this is marketed for, but to be honest I only bought it as foundation not a skincare product, it didn't make my face breakout which is almost as good as making it better when you're oily and acne prone and looking for a foundation, but yeah no improvement. So far loving it as great multi tasker for early mornings.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 5:50:00 AM More reviews by missceline1990

I love this foundation! Liquid foundations are actually a absolute no-go for me. It breaks me out like crazy but this foundation didn't break me out! The coverage is really nice as well (: I would definitely recommand this for acne prone people like myself. Make sure though you wear an oil control product underneath it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by MissAngii

I love this product!
It gives me the coverage I would like to get from a foundation.

Before this one, I used the superfit make-up foundation of Clinique. I loved that one too but this one is just a bit better.

When I use my sephora primer this foundation stays the whole day on my skin [I start my day at 7 am. and go to bed at 11 pm.] and it doesn't feel like I have foundation on. The texture is also very, very fine.
It blends very good!

Because I have a combination oily skin, this foundation is just perfect. It's oil-free and it makes my skin matte. After using this foundation you don't have to use powder at all.

[Sorry if my English isn't good, I come from Holland! haha]

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Lilibeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am not a fan of the clinique foundations because they turn orange-coloured after an hour. But as I have an oily skin, I am always looking far a better foundation that last as long as possible an that won't give me any irritation of my skin.
Usually I use Double Wear light from Estee Lauder. The best for me because it stays matte all day. But the colours are extreem! Or too white, yellow, orange or dark brown. I have the idea that these colours weren't compared with real "normal" skin colours. The 2 is too yellow for me and the 1 is too white with a pinkish glow. For me that is unnatural and doesnt colour with my neck.
Anyway, back to the foundations: The Antiblemish foundation is very good. It stays matte, is available in "normal" skin colours and that makes the foundation look very natural. It feels light and fresh on the skin. It doesn't oxidate!!(for Clinique very exeptional). After removing it in the evening it's like you have taken a cleansing mask.
When you have an oily skin, give it a try. I always use an spf30 base underneath my foundation. So for me it doens't matter when a foundation has spf or not. It isn't necessary but you can use a powder with this foundation. Par exemple Guerlain meteorites (makes your face matte) or Double Wear powder for a beautiful glow.
After a lng search, I have found the perfect foundation for an oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 5:32:00 AM More reviews by christobal

The best i ever had.I was a big fan of Double wear Estee Lauder but this one is even beter.I found i dont even need a primer,concealer or powder,it works perfectly for each one of those.Natural effect,perfect camouflage,stays all day and looks fresh after 10 hours.Skin is clear,soft en beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by lilypink

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

EDIT: April 10: I really thought this would be good for my 21 yr old daughter who has very oily skin and is still battling acne. She hated it with a passion. It didn't address the oil, was much too watery and didn't cover well or hide blemishes. She uses EL Double Wear and was hoping this would be much the same (if not better) but with a more usable colour option for her pale skin (DW oxidises on her and goes organey, and anyway there really isn't a pale colour which is right for her yellow undertone pale skin anyway). But no joy :( She too wishes Clinique would bring back Clarifying Makeup. She used it for her Prom and she looked lovely..come on Clinique - bring back Clarifying Makeup and make it available in the UK!!!!!

Original text:

This is the brand new foundation from Clinique which I have been eagerly awaiting since they discontinued my beloved Clarifying Make Up.

I have just started to trial it and love it it in every way - colour texture, the way it makes my skin look - EXCEPT IT BURNS!! Just as Even Better burns on me! I don't think it can be the salicylic acid per se as Clarifying Makeup contained those, - and I was 100% fine with that. I have never suffered eczema or rosacea in my life and find this very annoying form a company whose USP is 'hypoallergenic - ness' .

I'm getting very peeved with Clinique - they used to be my staple makeup shop but having removed Clarifying Make Up and Quick Eyes I'm not sure I'm left with much reason to shop there if their new lines are going to be so irritant. Not Happy!

EDIT: I persevered with this and unlike Even Better which burns more and more with each use this does seem to adjust to skin and be less irritant as days go by, BUT - big but: it dries out the skin very badly and I was left with my pores showing badly, my wrinkles looking terriibly marked and the whole quality of my skin deteriorating during the week I trialled it. The colour oxidises slighty too - but the palest 01 version in the UK is too pale and 02 is too dark for me (I'm NC15), and both leave a rather grey hue which makes the skin look dirty as opposed to the fresh look I can get with Calrifying makeup.
This is very much on a par with EL Double Wear though is maybe a tad lighter in consistency and coverage. It is considerably less comfortable than DW on the skin however , though both, over time, make the skin look mask-like and lacking in tonal variation or luminosity. This would be ok for young oily skins but this is really a big 'NO' for mature combi/oily skins such as mine.
There is very little out there to address a mature combi skin which is more oily than it is dry and Clarifying makeup was perfect. I have mailed Clinique and majorly complained about it's removal form the market - maybe other fans might like to do the same and they might for once listen to their consumer base?

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No