September 19, 2014 | 1166 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Anti Blemish Solutions Liquid Make Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Lilibeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am not a fan of the clinique foundations because they turn orange-coloured after an hour. But as I have an oily skin, I am always looking far a better foundation that last as long as possible an that won't give me any irritation of my skin.
Usually I use Double Wear light from Estee Lauder. The best for me because it stays matte all day. But the colours are extreem! Or too white, yellow, orange or dark brown. I have the idea that these colours weren't compared with real "normal" skin colours. The 2 is too yellow for me and the 1 is too white with a pinkish glow. For me that is unnatural and doesnt colour with my neck.
Anyway, back to the foundations: The Antiblemish foundation is very good. It stays matte, is available in "normal" skin colours and that makes the foundation look very natural. It feels light and fresh on the skin. It doesn't oxidate!!(for Clinique very exeptional). After removing it in the evening it's like you have taken a cleansing mask.
When you have an oily skin, give it a try. I always use an spf30 base underneath my foundation. So for me it doens't matter when a foundation has spf or not. It isn't necessary but you can use a powder with this foundation. Par exemple Guerlain meteorites (makes your face matte) or Double Wear powder for a beautiful glow.
After a lng search, I have found the perfect foundation for an oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 5:32:00 AM More reviews by christobal

The best i ever had.I was a big fan of Double wear Estee Lauder but this one is even beter.I found i dont even need a primer,concealer or powder,it works perfectly for each one of those.Natural effect,perfect camouflage,stays all day and looks fresh after 10 hours.Skin is clear,soft en beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by lilypink

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

EDIT: April 10: I really thought this would be good for my 21 yr old daughter who has very oily skin and is still battling acne. She hated it with a passion. It didn't address the oil, was much too watery and didn't cover well or hide blemishes. She uses EL Double Wear and was hoping this would be much the same (if not better) but with a more usable colour option for her pale skin (DW oxidises on her and goes organey, and anyway there really isn't a pale colour which is right for her yellow undertone pale skin anyway). But no joy :( She too wishes Clinique would bring back Clarifying Makeup. She used it for her Prom and she looked lovely..come on Clinique - bring back Clarifying Makeup and make it available in the UK!!!!!

Original text:

This is the brand new foundation from Clinique which I have been eagerly awaiting since they discontinued my beloved Clarifying Make Up.

I have just started to trial it and love it it in every way - colour texture, the way it makes my skin look - EXCEPT IT BURNS!! Just as Even Better burns on me! I don't think it can be the salicylic acid per se as Clarifying Makeup contained those, - and I was 100% fine with that. I have never suffered eczema or rosacea in my life and find this very annoying form a company whose USP is 'hypoallergenic - ness' .

I'm getting very peeved with Clinique - they used to be my staple makeup shop but having removed Clarifying Make Up and Quick Eyes I'm not sure I'm left with much reason to shop there if their new lines are going to be so irritant. Not Happy!

EDIT: I persevered with this and unlike Even Better which burns more and more with each use this does seem to adjust to skin and be less irritant as days go by, BUT - big but: it dries out the skin very badly and I was left with my pores showing badly, my wrinkles looking terriibly marked and the whole quality of my skin deteriorating during the week I trialled it. The colour oxidises slighty too - but the palest 01 version in the UK is too pale and 02 is too dark for me (I'm NC15), and both leave a rather grey hue which makes the skin look dirty as opposed to the fresh look I can get with Calrifying makeup.
This is very much on a par with EL Double Wear though is maybe a tad lighter in consistency and coverage. It is considerably less comfortable than DW on the skin however , though both, over time, make the skin look mask-like and lacking in tonal variation or luminosity. This would be ok for young oily skins but this is really a big 'NO' for mature combi/oily skins such as mine.
There is very little out there to address a mature combi skin which is more oily than it is dry and Clarifying makeup was perfect. I have mailed Clinique and majorly complained about it's removal form the market - maybe other fans might like to do the same and they might for once listen to their consumer base?

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No