October 1, 2014 | 1115 users online

Crème - MAC - Mineralize Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by rockkitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Although I have a ton of MAC makeup (eyeshadows, liners, and blushes primarily) in my collection, I gave up on their foundations long ago. I tried both Studio Fix and Studio Tech a few years ago and hated both (Studio Fix oxidized badly on my skin, and Studio Tech was simply too heavy and bad for my skin). So this is the first MAC foundation I've bought in quite some time.

I read the positive reviews for this foundation and decided to pick it up on my last trip to the MAC store. I am very fair but with neutral to olive/golden undertones (previous HG was Olive Fair in Everyday Minerals). NC20 matches me perfectly. It gives the perfect light but buildable coverage. I do use Select Cover-Up in NC20 underneath if I have something like a blemish to cover. Otherwise this perfectly diffuses any redness or uneven spots. I also highly recommend setting it with a powder for staying power...I set it with MAC's Set Powder in Invisible and it lasts all day. I also love the consistency as my skin is very dry.

As for application, MAC is pushing the new 130 brush with this but here's a little secret: Target sells this brand called StudioTools (in stores it's located next to the nail tools and polishes) and they make a bangin' 187 copy that's just slightly shorter and smaller (hint hint kinda like the 130!) for only 5 bucks. This is what I've been using to apply (haven't used the sponge except for in-store) and it works beautifully. My skin looks airbrushed and dewy.

I'll update this later if I happen to break out, but so far, so good!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by peppermintpea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an update to my use....gross!! Way to expensive for a greasy yellow lightweight finish. Why does MAC always look yellow on faces? No thanks sticking with EL Double Wear.
I have wanted to try a new foundation for awhile...off I go to MAC (have been using EL Double Wear)
I have Studio Sculpt on one side and Mineralize Foundation on the other both MW 25....I have to say right now after 3 hrs the MF is still dewy looking but I dont think enough coverage....tomorrow I will need to apply myself and see if I can build it a little more. SS is a little heavier...I really want to like the MF cause I want a more dewy finish. I will update after a few more uses!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2010 9:52:00 AM More reviews by NatalieJolie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews on here I was very excited to purchase, but luckily I decided to give it a test run first! After the MAC MA applied it I did like it. But after an hour I could still feel it on my face. I felt I looked shiny and I could see areas where it didn't blend in well. I went on with my day, but honestly after another hour I made the mistake of touching my face and was amazed at how much product came off on my hand! I decided to try to blot with a tissue and it disturbed me how much transfered on the tissue!! I don't know if the MA applied too much product, but all I know is that it sat on my skin, you could totally tell I was wearing "something", and after only 4hrs I couldn't wait to wash my face because of how greasy and plain yucky it felt! Plus I think it's funny that while a sponge applicator is included MAC wants you to spend more money on a brush to apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by rebelprince

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So, MAC has released another foundation. This was meant to sort of fill the void left after they discontinued their Select Moistureblend foundation. Now, I didn't get a whole lot of time to play with Select Moistureblend because I jumped on the MAC bandwagon a little late in the game. Plus, for the longest time, I stuck to Studio Fix and never gave it up until my skin decided to transition into being extremely dry. Anyway!

This foundation is meant to be medium coverage, gently hydrating, and slightly luminous in finish. All of these things are pretty much true.

The foundation's coverage is light to medium, to me. I can't really build it all the way to full without it looking really thick. But, that doesn't matter much. I imagine that anyone doing their foundation would also think to conceal any serious imperfections. This looks absolutely amazing when applied to the skin and really blended in. It gives this flawless, moisturized look that I can't help but fall in love with. As far as how my dry skin agrees with it? Well, my skin loves it. I haven't had a single blemish spring up from wearing this foundation.

I've applied this with multiple brushes. Namely, the 190, 188, and 109. All of these perform beautifully, depending on the type of finish and amount of coverage that I want to get from it at the time. I have yet to try it with the 130 brush that was released with this foundation (as I haven't bought it yet, and don't intend to).

Ultimately, I love it. Obviously, super oily skin might not do so well with this. And, the packaging isn't 100% user friendly as if you double dip your brush, you're contaminating the pan, but do something smart and scrape some out instead of using it from the pan, and you'll do just fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Umber26

Went to MAC counter and tried this makeup, first with MAC 188 brush then went over with a sponge to blend, a sponge blended surprisingly well. It leaves a very dewy, radiant finish and builds medium to full coverage. I was slightly worried it might be to heavy for my combination skin or shiny, but with Mineralize skinfinish natural over it, It actually feels very soft and not greasy, been wearing it for the last 6 hours and has amazing staying power. (thats my issue with foundation, even good ones just seem to fade after a few hours) One word of warning, I would definitely test this shade at the counter, because it runs lighter. I'm usually an NC40 this time of year and an NC42 in the summer or with a fake tan...But I needed NC37! So you may need a shade lighter,
I am tempted to buy this product! It is much better than Moistureblend (way too greasy) But gives a more luminous/dewy 'glow' (and I don't have a natural glow) than Studio Sculpt, and more coverage than Satinfinish. Just wish there was more product and the new 130 brush came with it! MAC never fails to let us down! This runs a little pricy $$$ because it is $32 so it's more than Studio Sculpt which is $29. But a good foundation is worth every penny.You feel like a million bucks. You get 10 grams or .35oz (Same amount as Studio Tech) Wow and Studio Sculpt is 40 ml or 10oz, That's 3 times LESS product! So thats something to consider and maybe leave this as a special occasions makeup rather than for every day if you really like it. And this is why it gets 4/5

(http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT158&PRODUCT_ID=7199)

Also, one women recommended using the 109 brush, the 168 (the edges) may work for buffing, which you can get on ebay for cheap and the fake 168 are just as good as the real ones. But honestly a sponge worked quite well because a little goes a long way. IF you can afford it I would go for it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by smiley07

This is what MAC have to say about this foundation - Mineralize Foundation SPF 15 is the synthesis of earthly essential elements, in the form of a rich, luxurious solid cream compact with a liquid mineral infusion.This uniquely textured foundation delivers ultimate hydration while revitalizing the look of dull and dry areas. Medium buildable, smooth even coverage and a feather-cloud comfortable silky feel with a natural finish. Add the essential 130 Short Duo Fibre Brush and SPF 15 for skin perfection with protection.
Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation features an innovative gel based system that provides extreme comfort and creaminess in application, making this formula appealing to all skins but especially normal to dry. The gel fuses the formula’s high water content (30.5%) with the polymers and coated pigments for the ultimate in silky smooth, yet long wearing (up to 8 hours), colour payoff. Because of the immediate moisturization benefits, Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation also helps to immediately reduce the appearance of pores and provides skin with a non-sticky, cooling break.Additionally, a blend of lightweight oils creates a creamy, comfortable feeling on the skin. The innovative wax-free structure helps moisturize skin, while light diffusing optics help minimize the visibility of pores and imperfections for a flawless looking complexion.A special blend of 77 minerals that have been bio-fermented into a yeast extract and our Multimineral Complex IV, a water-based solution of Potassium,Magnesium, Sodium and Zinc, work together to help nurture skin.Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, and Faex (Yeast) Extract help moisturize and give skin a more radiant, re-energized look
Silicone Crosspolymer and a combination of lightweight, luminous oils provides a smooth even finish that is soft and silky to touch
Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation’s mineral rich formula also provides UVB, SPF 15 protection and is non-acnegenic, dermatologist Tested and fragrance free.
Been using for approx a week and half now and so far so good.All MAC foundations make me breakout quickly and so far so good because this hasnt and in fact when i remove with cleanser my skin looks good with no itchiness which i get from all mac foundations except mineralize skinfinish and face and body and not dull so the moisturising properties of this must be a benefit for my skin.The compact is same as studio tech with sponge. I have bought shade NC42 and i it runs slightly abit less yellow than my studiofix fluid nc42 which is fine as colur is still perfect for me, .In Make up for ever in HD i am153 face and .I prefer this foundation than all the other MAC foundations so far. It has moisturising properties but not in a greasy way but seem to make my skin look even and flawless although it doesnt cover blemishes completely which you would need a concealer for it is a very good foundation.I have slight open pores on cheeks side of my nose and when i apply this it looks poreless.This is perfect for me as it's easy to apply as it will not go on cakey just polished look.I had a busy day yesterday and foundation lasted throughout day not completely but it was fine.My T zone has not become oily with it but maybe in summer it might be different but great so far. Its great for medium coverage But it wont cover blemishes completely just even out good and hide all redness and imperfection just dab bit a concealer if needed . Mineralize powder compact works perfect over this.
My favourite foundations are MUFE Face , HD and this is very good for me !Guerlain parure extreme is good but shade not perfect,Overall this foundation has a lovely finish when applied and no breakouts! I would reccommend to those with sensitive skin or if you breakout easily with makeup as so far my skin is still in top condition.Worth the buy. This foundation has a more skin like look than any of their other foundations.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Eva5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well I read the reviews and went along and picked up a sample. I usually don't appreciate people placing reviews on so scant an experience of a product but sometimes you can just tell right away whether its any good can't you? So, It sounded wonderful. I got a brilliant match. One of the truly loveliest colours ever on my skin and when she swirled it around on the back of my hand I could see what a lovely dewy effect it produced- she did work it mind you. I was so excited to try it. I am fair with golden undertones and was matched to NC30 (keep reminding myself that Mac work opposite to everyone else)! I wore it yesterday. It was so, so difficult to put on. I used my trustie foundation brush, I stippled, I swirled, I used fingers. It took ages. I adored the colour but it looked odd. I didnt think much of the coverage, I found it pilled and was cakey, which foundations don't usually do on me. It gave me flakes I didn't know I had, gave me lines, sat in every pore. I have a few visible pores either side of my nose under my eyes. This magnified them all over my face. I thought it may settle as the day went on. It wore fine but the finish was really ageing. The last time I had this was with some rubbish L'Oreal mineral powder. I love most things Mac- lipsticks, powders, blush, eye colours, but can't wear this. When I took it off my skin looked so dry. I think it was starting to make my eyelids burn too. Youthful, good skin can wear this. To me, sadly, it felt like cheap wax crayons rubbed over my face. Tacky and rubbish. I am prepared to accept that maybe the tester the sample came from was dried out a bit. I am now breaking out a few days later and this is my chief suspect. I am actually disappointed because it doesn't contain parabens and the colour has set a standard for me.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by slimchicklovesMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this yesterday because it was new and I wanted to try it. I have tried for years to make MAC foundations work for me and so far I had been unsuccessful.

I have tried Studio Fix liquid, nice finish, no color match (I would have to mix NC45 and NC50 - too time consuming) ; Mineralize Liquid SPF 15 nice finish, great color match, but made me oily.

I use Studio Fix (C7) powder and MSNF (Dark) both work well, but MSNF is not enough coverage alone and Studio Fix can look very dry and powdery. StudioTech NC45 was too dark, and could make me oily as well. So I gave this one a try. I like the way it feels, very similar to StudioTech. The compact is the same as StudioFix and StudioTech, but smaller.

I applied with the 187 and blended, then finished with MSFN in Dark using my 182. So far, so good. I applied this morning and I have checked my face several times. No color change and no oilies!! Hopefully it will last all day. I will edit my post in about two weeks. For reference, I'm AA, NC45/C7 with dry, sensitive skin. I rated it a 3 b/c this is my first day with the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by lewisclarke

I bought this product the first day it came out as my studio fix powder was at an end..
I have to say, I am impressed.. I think it has more of a skin like look then studio fix power, as this one has a sight shine to it which normal skin has.

The only thing I am worried about is how long it will last..
I stipple it on with my MAC 187 which is perfect, but my studio tech which is a similar style ran out much quicker than my studio fix which lasted for ever..

I do find this product looks better when you use less of it, and i think that if you are using the right tools.. [dual head fiber brush such as the mac 187 is pretty essential for a natural finish]

I do tend to make sure my face is exfoliated and moisturized more now as it sits so much nicer on the right skin..

I'm not sure if i would recommend this to people with spots. when i get a spot that pops up i don't know how buildable it is without looking cakey in that area.. Don't know how it would look with a consealor.

I use like to use the daily thermal skin polisher.. i think it's basically a gentel exfoliant which can be used more than once a week unlike more harsh exfoliators which should only be used once a week..

I am impressed with it, just hope it last as long as studio fix powder.. Studio tech ran out after about a month which i didn't think was good.

UPDATE:
I had this make up for about a month, and i've hit the bottom of the pan..
i think it can work out quite expensive compared to the powder because you'll have to repurchase much much more..

I've now moved on the face and body foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by brookster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well my studio fix had ran out and my skin had been quite dry so wanted a change. Read reviews on here so thought I would give this a go as I wanted something a bit lighter for my skin than my usual coverall studio fix or EL Double Wear and something that made my skin look like skin with a bit of a glow. I went to the MAC counter and said I wanted to try this "Oh its lovely I use this all the time" was the response from the MUA, my heart sank, poor girl had really bad acne and red patches all over, this wasn't making me want to purchase. However she did my face and I must admit it did look good so I paid and left. Was pushed to buy the 130 brush at £27 but I had a good alternative so didn't bother. A few days later and I do like this, whilst cover isn't full, it is enough and can be built up. My skin feels fresh and not tight and clearly luminious. The one big thing I noticed as soon as I put it on was it really hid my pronounced lines between my nose and mouth, quite incredibley. Others say this runs a bit dark but I bought my studiofix colour NW20 and if anything I think its a bit lighter..

All in all this does everything I wanted it to do so will repurchase and at £23 its not that much more than drugstore foundations that I find work OK for a bit but my skin soon pays for it.