November 24, 2014 | 1127 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Lengths Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Tanny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really enjoying this mascara. My lashes stays dark, long and separated all day. It really lengthens beautifully. EDIT: This mascara is by far, the best lengthening mascara I have ever used. I just bought my 3rd tube!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The is the newest mascara innovation from Clinique. First off, let me state I was given a sample of this mascara by Clinique because I work for them as a SA/MA. We were first advised to use this over the existing mascara we were wearing to see how is provided length to any product, which it did. We were also advised that this could be used alone for a more "everyday" look , but layered with a volumizing mascara, such as High Impact. I like using this both ways. If you combine it with a volumizing mascara, you get very dramatic lashes. If you use it on its own you get very defined, long lashes.

The brush/comb does take a bit of getting used to, but once you learn to wiggle it into the base of the lashes and comb out it really produces a nice lash look. You do need to apply two coats for maximum length and some times I just wiggle it into the base of my lashes and comb it out 4-5 times to get the lashes seperated. If you are having clumping issues, simply do as you would with any other wand, wipe it on a paper towel, NOT a tissue. Tissues get caught in the comb, paper towels do not.

If you do choose to purchase this mascara, it's $14 USD at any Clinique counter. I took one lippie off for the learning curve with the "willlow wand" applicator. Price is average and packaging is standard.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by margiemoo

I got a full sized sample of this for free from Clinique and although I am grateful for their generosity, this is probably not a mascara I would recommend. I was surprised by the funky shaped wand and it was okay to use, but as another reviewer mentioned, the length was a bit awkward on my particular eye shape. I used it on a hot day in Melbourne (around 35 degrees Celcius) and when I applied it I immediately regretted it. It went on clumpy and weighed down my lashes, I had to use a lash comb but even then it was not a natural look. I can, however, attest to the lasting power and length it produces. Despite the heat and a full day of classes, it did not smudge. But what's the point in a mascara that doesn't smudge if it starts off clumpy? I guess I am in two minds about this mascara but at the end of the day I wouldn't repurchase it at the RRP of $38AUD.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Aonn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

An interesting product. The mascara applies with a curved wand with small teeth. In fact, this odd looking wand was very easy to use. While I usually prefer a brush, this does a really good job of catching every little lash. One coat goes on quickly and smoothly and makes my lashes look separated and longer. While I prefer more volume, this is really nice and I'd repurchase for those times when I want a clean, understated look for day. When I applied a second coat, my lashes were a bit thicker, but there was a little clumping, although it wasn't bad. I think there are better mascaras if you are looking for a bolder look. I've worn it all week, and it wears very well. No smudging or flaking at all, which is unusual for me as I have oily skin. It washes off very easily with soap and water and makeup remover is not necessary. As with Clinique's other mascaras, this is very easy to wear and does not irritate my sensitive eyes. All in all, a very good mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by 3dogsnight73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

being a big fan of high impact i thought i would try high lengths, and was intrigued by the wand.

the good news is, the formula is nice, not too heavy, not clumpy, not too wet.

the bad news is, so far i'm having difficulty with this wand. not so much the bizarre shape but the fact that it's just too long. i don't feel i have enough control and i end up using the tip of it and not realizing the full benefit. i also like to get my lashes right at the root due to sparsity and i can't really accomplish that with this wand.

i'll keep trying and maybe it will grow on me but i won't likely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by toyarosie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow! This mascara is pretty great. I do generally like Clinique mascaras as they don't dry out too quickly, and generally are easy to apply (few clumps) and remove, and this one really performs. I am an associate consultant and received this as a gift from a Clinique school a couple weeks ago. It's claim to fame is that it dramatically lengthens lashes - and it really does! It has the strangest looking brush - neon green rubber that leans to one side (half curves, half tilted). It has soft rubber bristles only on one side. It's extremely easy to apply and I hardly get any clumps. It takes a bit of working with to get some serious length, just because the mascara applies so evenly. But it really makes my lashes look longer than any other mascara I have used, ever. It's not particularly made for DRAMA - it separates lashes (not particularly volumizing) so I use it for day wear. But I'm OK with that because it makes me look like I was born with much longer lashes than the reality :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by EternalRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

just picked this up on a whim a few days ago...it is meant to replace clinique's "long pretty lashes" mascara, which was one of my favorites! at first glance this mascara looks really weird. the wand is green plastic, and kind of looks like a weed wacker! the clinique SA told me it would take a little getting used to but overall she really likes it.

i was always under the impression that fat brushes work better (clinique's high impact mascara and christian dior's diorshow mascara are prime examples of this). i don't have crazy long or thick lashes so i like to use a lot to make my lashes stand out more.

boy i was wrong about the thick brush business! this mascara is actually really good. the shape of the wand helps you get harder to reach lashes on the sides, plus really adds depth to your lashes. i noticed it doesn't lengthen them as much as long pretty lashes did, and it doesn't give that "feathery" look. it's more of a thicker lash. i have a feeling that it clumps easily though, so maybe some people will have trouble with it. i guess it really does take practice, and i'm not quite used to it yet, but i'm getting there!

i was taught a long time ago by a makeup artist to hold the mascara wand still and sort of "blink" in to it. this actually helps coat the lashes better...that's the best technique i have found for this mascara also. a great buy at $14 compared to the $27 i used to pay for dior!