April 17, 2014 | 1966 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Lengths Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Aonn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

An interesting product. The mascara applies with a curved wand with small teeth. In fact, this odd looking wand was very easy to use. While I usually prefer a brush, this does a really good job of catching every little lash. One coat goes on quickly and smoothly and makes my lashes look separated and longer. While I prefer more volume, this is really nice and I'd repurchase for those times when I want a clean, understated look for day. When I applied a second coat, my lashes were a bit thicker, but there was a little clumping, although it wasn't bad. I think there are better mascaras if you are looking for a bolder look. I've worn it all week, and it wears very well. No smudging or flaking at all, which is unusual for me as I have oily skin. It washes off very easily with soap and water and makeup remover is not necessary. As with Clinique's other mascaras, this is very easy to wear and does not irritate my sensitive eyes. All in all, a very good mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by 3dogsnight73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

being a big fan of high impact i thought i would try high lengths, and was intrigued by the wand.

the good news is, the formula is nice, not too heavy, not clumpy, not too wet.

the bad news is, so far i'm having difficulty with this wand. not so much the bizarre shape but the fact that it's just too long. i don't feel i have enough control and i end up using the tip of it and not realizing the full benefit. i also like to get my lashes right at the root due to sparsity and i can't really accomplish that with this wand.

i'll keep trying and maybe it will grow on me but i won't likely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by toyarosie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow! This mascara is pretty great. I do generally like Clinique mascaras as they don't dry out too quickly, and generally are easy to apply (few clumps) and remove, and this one really performs. I am an associate consultant and received this as a gift from a Clinique school a couple weeks ago. It's claim to fame is that it dramatically lengthens lashes - and it really does! It has the strangest looking brush - neon green rubber that leans to one side (half curves, half tilted). It has soft rubber bristles only on one side. It's extremely easy to apply and I hardly get any clumps. It takes a bit of working with to get some serious length, just because the mascara applies so evenly. But it really makes my lashes look longer than any other mascara I have used, ever. It's not particularly made for DRAMA - it separates lashes (not particularly volumizing) so I use it for day wear. But I'm OK with that because it makes me look like I was born with much longer lashes than the reality :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by EternalRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

just picked this up on a whim a few days ago...it is meant to replace clinique's "long pretty lashes" mascara, which was one of my favorites! at first glance this mascara looks really weird. the wand is green plastic, and kind of looks like a weed wacker! the clinique SA told me it would take a little getting used to but overall she really likes it.

i was always under the impression that fat brushes work better (clinique's high impact mascara and christian dior's diorshow mascara are prime examples of this). i don't have crazy long or thick lashes so i like to use a lot to make my lashes stand out more.

boy i was wrong about the thick brush business! this mascara is actually really good. the shape of the wand helps you get harder to reach lashes on the sides, plus really adds depth to your lashes. i noticed it doesn't lengthen them as much as long pretty lashes did, and it doesn't give that "feathery" look. it's more of a thicker lash. i have a feeling that it clumps easily though, so maybe some people will have trouble with it. i guess it really does take practice, and i'm not quite used to it yet, but i'm getting there!

i was taught a long time ago by a makeup artist to hold the mascara wand still and sort of "blink" in to it. this actually helps coat the lashes better...that's the best technique i have found for this mascara also. a great buy at $14 compared to the $27 i used to pay for dior!