Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 11/7/2013 3:34:00 AM

This product is well loved by so many and there are so many recommendations and great reviews so when I tried it I was expecting something...more. I don't dislike this foundation at all, I just don't think it's that good.
To be honest its nothing special. It has a satin finish and I find that it doesn't last long at all, it has the longevity of a BB cream and within a few hours your T zone is shiny.
I wouldn't repurchase, in my opinion Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation is a much better option it has a lovely finish and lasts longer plus it is half the price.

EDIT************ I changed my rating to 2 stars. I really dont like this foundation. It just doesn't last. I have tinted moisturisers with better finishes and longevity. Plus i think it broke me out and i hardly ever break out.

on 11/6/2013 5:51:00 PM

Ok, first of all I am a total foundation junkie. I've tried soooo many, mostly high end but why of why didn't I try this sooner?? It's AMAZING!!!

I bought colour no 53, I'm nc25 and this matches really well. I apply with my Real Techniques Expert Facebrush and the results are totally flawless!

I have dry / combo skin and found a lot of foundations settles in fine lines throughout the day but this stayed perfect. I would class this as a medium build able foundation. It covers all my redness and acne scars perfect, for more stubborn spots I do need concealer, but that's totally fine.
The finish is very healthy looking, hence the name :) I finish it with a setting powder, currently using Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder which is fab.

This foundation lasts all day, I may need a touch up after 6-8 hours, and I use a Real Techniques Stippling Brush for this as it gives a lighter touch and natural finish over the foundation already there.

I would recommend you try this as I really put this with high end foundations, if not better than most.
There is no SPF so it's great for photographs too.

on 11/6/2013 8:08:00 AM

-Good for combination/normal skin
-Covers pores and little blemishes, but not ideally
-semi matte finish
- color 52 is ideal for neutral skin tones with not very much yellor or pink tones in the skin. My cheeks are a little bit red so this foundations evens up everything.
-doesnt stay all day long
-need to apply loose foundation at every 3 hours because of the oiliness in the t-zone
-DOESNT clog pores

For reference, I'm really pale (NC 15), my skin is on the oily side and I don't need that much coverage - dark circles are my biggest concern. Shade 51 is a perfect match and this product doesn't make my skin any oilier (then again, air conditioning is always on at work, so). Anyway, I was looking for a lightweight foundation for everyday use and I'm pretty happy with this one. It provides light coverage (which was exactly what I was aiming for), meaning it doesn't cover those dark circles, which forces me to put some concealer on (Lancôme Effacernes), gives me a nice glow and doesn't break me out. What is there not to love?

nice as a tinted moisturiser.
lovely fresh, youthful and dewy look, definatelly not for those with oily skin.
very lightweight, great for school or for a "no-makeup" makeup..
BUT it won't last 16hours as it claims..it needs to be set with powder but again can't hold for more than 2-3 hours..it will melt off of your face.
i love it just for the first 2 hours...

on 11/2/2013 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I do like this foundation.

Hardly no coverage,but nice to use as a base I think .It does feel nice on your skin,but I don't think it's a hard working foundation ! My skin is dry and it still comes off after a few hours.

Between 1 and 2 hours.maybe better on super dry,sensitive skin that only needs something gentle and minimum coverage.

The colors are great but I won't rebuy

on 10/30/2013 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have only been using this for 1 week BUT I think I have found my new HG foundation! I will update in a few months when I have been using it for an extended period.

I used to use Revlon Colorstay Normal/Dry until it was reformulated and looked too dry and matte. I went on a search for a foundation with light to medium (buildable coverage) which leaves my skin with that coveted 'natural glow'. For reference my skin has been going a bit haywire the last 2 months - it is normal in the cheeks and dehydrated but oily in the T Zone (flaky skin with dehydration lines but produces oil throughout the day). I read so many great reviews on this foundation that I had to try it, even though I have never used Bourjois products before. I picked it up at Priceline for $32 (hence my low rating for price - I was too impatient to order online or wait for a sale but I know I can get it on Asos for almost half the price). I went for the lightest colour - 51 Light Vanilla. This shade does have yellow undertones and matches my body rather than my face because I use fake tan. I wanted it to match my body, but would be concerned that if I am not tanned this will be too dark for me and for anyone else who has very fair/ivory skin. As this is the lightest shade available I would probably say girls with very light/pale skin may not find a colour match.

I was so surprised by this as soon as I pumped it on my hand (by the way - after years of Revlon and their crappy packaging, it is so nice to buy a drug store foundation with an effective pump and sturdy packaging!). It has a very nice fruity/floral fragrance which I was concerned may irritate my sensitive skin, but so far so good - this hasn't caused any redness! It is very light weight going onto the skin and I felt an almost cooling effect as I applied it. I apply this after moisturising with my Olay Complete Sensitive SPF 30 lotion and applying Mac Prep and Prime Face Protect. It is super easy to blend (I use a Real Techniques expert face brush) and 1 pump was enough to do my whole face and neck plus a second light layer over my cheeks where I needed extra coverage, so I can see 1 bottle lasting me a while. This is definitely a light to medium coverage foundation, so anyone looking for full coverage will not find it in this product. That said, I find it easy to layer so I can go back over and apply extra where I need to and it still looks even and smooth. It didn't cling to my dry patches between my brows or on my nose either! Once I am finished applying it, it looks like my skin but better - I can still see some of my natural skin showing through, which I like, but the redness in my skin and uneven skin tone is gone. It has a gorgeous dewy finish without being sparkly. I find that the foundation on it's own is perhaps a little too dewy, so I have been setting it with my MAC MSFN in light and this does a good job in taking away the 'wet' look without mattifying too much. The result is luminous skin with a heathy "I just moisturized my skin" look.

The packaging says it wears for 16 hours - I have tried this with and without primer and found that with just powder to set it wore well throughout my workday in air conditioning but it definitely didn't look as flawless as when I first applied it. That said, it faded very evenly and never looked patchy or dry. Even though the coverage wasn't as nice it still looked natural and radiant. With primer underneath and powder to set it looked almost perfect at the end of an 11 hour day! A bit disappointing that it doesn't live up to its 16 hour claims on it's own, but I usually apply primer anyway so it is no great loss - it's not like I have to add another step!

All in all I am SO happy with this product and can see this becoming my HG everyday foundation. It is so easy to apply, looks so natural and luminous and wears so well. It does transfer though, which was a bit of a change for me after using Colorstay for so long, so be wary! My only gripe is that to buy this in Australia it is so expensive for a drugstore foundation, but now I have found my colour match I will be buying it online when I run out!

on 10/26/2013 6:07:00 AM

My HG foundation! My skin has never looked so nice before with any of the high end foundations I have used. I was shocked to see how naturally flawless and glowing my skin looked in daylight. Staying power, application, finish... It ticks all the boxes for me. And for the price it is a steal!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Teenager skin, blemishes, redness...looks cakey, clings on to try patches but still makes you oily, made me breakout like crazy. At first I liked it a lot but after a month of everyday use I cannot wait to go and get a new foundation tomorrow...my skin looks horible!

on 10/23/2013 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've always read a lot of good reviews for this one, and then I saw Lisa Eldridge talk about it in her videos, and Priceline was having a sale for Bourjois so I have this in 52 now. It's moderate-buildable coverage, applies smoothly (I use the Illamasqua highlighter brush), lasts reasonably well on my oily skin and doesn't break me out. This is now my new everyday go to foundation and the price is also very reasonable as Priceline always has Bourjois sales. A definite staple in my makeup bag!