Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 8/23/2013 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

i have very oily skin and this foundation oxidised on me within an hour and made my face look super duper oily and waaaayyyyyy darker.i hate it!

on 8/23/2013 3:04:00 PM

It's not the worst foundation I've used but all the reviews I saw before I purchased it I expected a lot more from it. I have dry skin and despite it being a dewy finish quite runny foundation it still clung to all the patches on my face, someone with normal skin who doesn't require a full coverage product would suit this foundation, its a shame the healthy mix does nothing for me because its a reasonable price and has a lovely fruity fresh smell.

on 8/22/2013 4:43:00 PM

I bought two colors, so I can mix them to fix the perfect color when needed. In wintertimes 51 is light enough and during the summer 52 will do ;-) My skintone used to be darker, but the last few years my skin has been tough on me and sitting in the sun, getting a lovely color ain't my game no more. Bourjois helped me out, when I felt a little enhancement was neccessary. So word up B!

on 8/22/2013 3:04:00 PM

The first time I used this foundation, I applied it with a brush and for my typical irish skin it was a shade too orange. This was the lightest shade, shade 51. However after applying it with a sponge I got the most beautiful colour. It isn't perfect but I loved the texture it gave to my skin, its dewy but not oily and with my combination skin it was perfect. To be brutally honest, it lasted about three hours looking almost perfect but then it would start to wear off, but it never looks patchy even at the end of my day so I loved it. The coverage is perfect for all ages, it keeps skin looking like, well, skin and not cakey. However only four stars or whatever you call um because it clings to dry patches... well for me anyway:) All skins different but all in all one of the best drug store foundations I've tried (And Ive tried a lot!) :)

on 8/20/2013 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

A great foundation for normal/dry skin, gives a lovely dewy finish.
The coverage is light-medium but buildable without looking cakey.
Fair at around 14 euro at boots.
Also, love the new glass bottle packaging.

THIS FOUNDATION IS AMAZING.
I usually go for my chanel vitalumiere for everyday use, its a great foundation! but i decided i wanted to try a drug store brand so i went for this after reading so many good reviews here in MUA and Im glad i did!
this is the most natural looking foundation I have ever tried - and i have tried alot of high end foundations-
it blends really well on the skin, use a moisturizer before applying it, i use my beauty blender to blend it in, set it with powder and my face looks flawless, fresh and healthy!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

on 8/20/2013 12:18:00 AM

I think I have found my HG foundation! I bought this online through ASOS in the shade 52 Vanilla and it is a fantastic match for my skin which is NC20. It was on special for NZ$13 which is AMAZING because you can't get any foundation for that price here - Revlon Colorstay alone is NZ$45+. Coverage I would say is medium buildable. It evened out my face and slightly covered my cheeks and chin where my blemishes are, and I put on a second layer without it looking cakey. It looks like my skin, but much much better. Not cakey, doesn't settle into fine lines or pores. I like the smell, my personal preference although I know some people don't. It lasts all day too. I apply it with a flat top brush and buff it in, and that leaves a flawless face for me so I'm wary to stray from that method seeing as it works so well for me.

on 8/18/2013 7:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! This is possibly the best foundation for people with dry skin like myself it just glides on. I also love the colour ranges as most foundations are too dark for me but light vanilla 51 is perfect. The price is also a bonus, after buying MAC foundation I sent it back for this its so better and never cakes up. I would definitely advise using Nivea primer underneath this foundation if you have dry skin:)

on 8/16/2013 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Color Match:
I am slightly lighter than MAC's NC 30-35 and I use the shade 54 in this foundation.
Shade 54 is a warm (yellow) toned foundation that is slightly darker than me (though not noticeable.) I have neutral undertones, and the warm tone does not look orange on me. To be honest, it makes me look like I have a healthy color to my face.

Consistency/Texture:
The consistency is very creamy, lightweight and smooth. It blends EXTREMELY well, and does not flake over dry parts at all.

Coverage:
This is a light to medium coverage foundation that is really buildable. It covers bumpy, red blemishes really well. (I used to double it as concealer just to skip the color match madness.) It can also be sheered out for light coverage with a damp beauty blender, per say, just to even out your skin tone. It's really hard to make this foundation look cakey, which is great. Great foundation for a 'no makeup makeup' look, or a subtle makeup look.

Finish:
This has no shimmer/glitter, and dries to a natural finish — I would describe it as a matte finish with a glow to it. Translate: beautiful, natural skin. When I set it with my Mac Translucent Finishing Pressed Powder, it is more matte for the first few hours. However, it wears off throughout the day to give me a slightly dewy, natural finish that still looks good and not oily.

Lasting Power/Longevity:
This foundation claims to last 16 hours. I definitely have worn this for that long. It doesn't melt off my face or cake up after 16 hours, but it obviously doesn't look like how it did when it was first applied. The staying power is quite average, but it can pull through. I do notice that it is more obvious that I'm wearing foundation towards the end of the day though.

Application:
At first, I applied this to blemished, bumpy areas with a stippling brush and set it with powder with a powder puff. It looked terrible. After trial and error, i found that you had to pat it on blemishes with your fingers, and then set it with powder and a powder brush. That made it look flawless. I use a stippling brush to the rest of my face. The trick is finding the right application method.

Ingredients:
The reason why I picked this up was because it was supposed to be good for your skin. I first used it when I was on vacation in a much drier climate (versus my humid hometown), and my face cleared up almost completely within 2 weeks. This is probably because of the weather, but it proves that the foundation didn't stand in the way of clearing my skin either. (I did not previously wear foundation on a day-to-day basis.)

Scent:
This smells amazing. It has a fruity fragrance to it, like tropical apricots. It's really faint and can only be detected during the application. Once it's on your face, the scent disappears. Update: I've gone through the whole tube now and I still don't find the scent unpleasant.

Packaging:
The packaging is a plastic bottle with a pump mechanism. The pump mechanism does not operate with a 'straw' like object - instead, the coil at the bottom slowly pushes the entire foundation up the bottle so you don't waste ANY product. 10 out of 10 on packaging. Update: Newer packaging is glass and I'm no longer sure about the pump mechanism details.

Price:
This costed me the equivalent of US$26 at a drugstore in the city I live in. It's not exactly cheap, but not extremely pricey either.

Verdict:
Overall, I am very happy with this product. My only complaint is that I wished there were more foundation shades with indicators of its undertone. Otherwise, this is holy grail material.

color match - 54, slightly warm
texture/consistency - creamy, lightweight, extremely blendable, smooth
coverage - light to medium coverage, buildable
finish - natural. matte with a glow.
longevity - lasts 6 hours looking perfect but can wear without breaking apart for 16 hours.
application - best used with bare hands and setting with a large powder brush on blemishes. stippling brush can be used on other areas.
ingredients - supposedly beneficial
scent - fruity
packaging - plastic, coil mechanism. 10/10.
cost - equivalent to US$26. very reasonable where I live, especially for the quality.

Would I repurchase? Definite yes.

on 8/15/2013 1:54:00 AM

I love this product. I have OILY SKIN and I was told this product probably wouldn't be suited to my skin type. It is so natural looking, easy to blend and dosn't make me break out. I do have to blot my face but not any more than other foundations. I also set my face with a powder, and the finish is good.

I got mine for $10 off Asos, and I'm onto my 4th bottle now. Great product, great price & great packaging.

(I'm an NC25 and I use a shade 53)

Video Reviews & Tutorials