December 19, 2014 | 1565 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

All respect to the good ingredients, this foundation did not suit me! It accentuates the flakiness on my nose and does not stop oiliness at the same time. My skin is combination, could get somehow oily on the cheeks and forehead and have some flakiness on the nose that shows with certain foundations. This one is one of them, unfortunately. It dries my nose no matter how much moisturizer and scrubbing I do and gets oily in a few hours on the rest of the face.

Impartially, the product itself is good for many people, but not for me although I tried soooo hard to like it.

My colour is 52 vanilla but could get 53 Light Beige (NC25-30 in MAC).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 6:35:00 AM More reviews by erica_74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

After my success with the other excellent foundation by Bourjois 123 Perfection (which is a dupe of Chanel matte lumiere) and since growing older (I might be moving on a new age box in a year....) means you need dewier foundations I thought I should give this a try.

Another HG!!!! Even better that the 123 foundation, mostly in terms of finish and consistency. Feels light and fresh on application, covers nicely, really gives a healthy look to the skin, without being overly glowy or shiny in any way.
It stays put for a fair amount of time on my combi to oily skin, I would say for 4-5 hours. It does tranfer a bit on hands, if you have the bad habit of touching your face, like me. It does not oxidize over my sunscreen.
Smells delightfully upon application and then the scent fades away.

The packaging was perfect. Now it is being replaced by Bourjois from another version "Healthy Mix Radiance Reveal", which I'm about to try. The new packaging is made of glass and its bottom does not elevate with use like it used to, which is a bummer, but that won't keep me from trying it of course.
I will review the new one once I am ready.
For reference I wear 53 Light Beige and I am a EL DW 2N2, Guerlain Ligenrie De Peau No 3, NC 25.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by nikki2212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have the foundation in 51 Vanille Clair. My skin is very fair (Nars sheer glow foundation is pale enough, Paula's choice Resist foundation is perfectly pale) and this shade, which is the lightest, is too dark. Note that the foundation is slightly lighter than the healthy mix serum version. I can see also that there are no shades for dark skin shades so this is a negative.

Also this foundation contains perfume and denatured alcohol, both only half way down the list of ingredients too, and these are both irritants. Yes it smells fruity and yummy :L, but this is nooot good for skin and may cause spots and over production of oil as a skin reaction.

There is a claim of fruit antioxidants in this foundation and even if they were beneficial to begin with, the clear packaging will do nothing to keep them stable - the sun will break down the antioxidants before they can benefit you so if this was something you wanted from this product, search elsewhere.

This is a shame as the foundation is a blendable one with medium coverage possible. The texture is on the drier side but leaves a slight glow to the skin. A pleasure to wear and lasts most of the day on my very dry/ very oily skin, but does nothing to help either of my skin issues as it does not moisturize or absorb oil - but if you control these issues with moisturizers and powder this isn't an issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Alanna22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am very surprised that I like this product!
I am an NC15 and the colour 51 is a perfect match to my skin tone. I think it's the best match I've ever had.
Pros - Looks absolutely beautiful on the skin, has a healthy sort of look but not too shiny.
Colour is perfect for my pale NC15 skin. One pump is enough for sheer to medium coverage, possibly buildable, but I don't think you'll get full coverage. You don't look like you are wearing make up.
Cons - the lasting power isn't quite as good as say Double Wear. Also some of my large pores could be seen (a primer could probably sort out both these issues).
over all id say this foundation is worth a try for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Ummie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. I'm using shade 55 in dark beige. It leaves a dewy healthy effect on my face. Most importantly, my face didn't break out. One of my fave foundations that I used on daily basis. I normally use my Sigma flat top Kabuki to even out the foundation. I'm on my 2nd bottle now. Love it. Definitely will repurchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by waRney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I like this alot! I've used the Healthy Mix Serum foundation before and I feel like it is the same as this one. Same smell, same finish. Not sure though if there is any difference between the two...but there probably is.

Anyways, the only reason I chose to buy this new foundation is because they have much more shades(maybe only in where I live) compared to the Healthy Mix.
But either way, I love this foundation!

Coverage is kinda light, but there's nothing a concealer can't do right? ;)
Smell is AMAZING!
The finish, in my opinion is kind of between semi-matte and dewy.

Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by lucyrosexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation! I have normal skin with occasional dry patches around my nose & it doesn't cling to them at all. Medium coverage - build able. Definitely a dewy finish. Lasting power is pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by MISSKAUR88

This foundation is my hg foundation. It has such a beautiful natural but healthy glow finish. Iv been complemented so many times at how great my skin looks. This foundation has medium coverage which is build able. I find the best finish is using a stippling brush which u can then buff into the skin. One pump is enough for my whole face. But u can easily layer more. No cakiness or dryness. Suitable for dry and oil combo skin. Bourjois have outdone themselves. Max wear iv had from this is 11 hours using a primer underneath.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by holaitsstephxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation! I have the lightest shade 51 light vanilla (I think it's called) and this shade fits me quite well. Im pale but not really pale and it almost matches my skin. This foundation is REALLY easy to blend! In the past because I have combination skin, with other foundations they can be hard to rub in some areas but this foundation is really easy to blend in dry and oily areas! Also, the smell of this foundation... Omg, it is so nice! It smells of fruit which is lovely! I'd say without powder this foundation doesn't last very long but with powder it can stay for about 6 to 7 hours I'd say. I also really like the packaging, it is really easy to use and the pump has the perfect amount coming out every time. I'd say this foundation is medium coverage as it does cover up blemishes and some spots, and it still gives a natural look. Overall, I really like this foundation! :D

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Alicecomleyy

This is a great foundation, especially for people with combination or oily skin like me. It gives a natural matte finish, but without being dead, as it says it makes your skin appear radiant. I would say it's light to medium coverage, but is easily buildable! The staying power is quite good on my skin considering my T-zone gets oily throughout the day; but this is only if I use loose powder to set it. This foundation also smells amazing, which makes your face feel (and smell) fresh. The only disappointment I had with this product is it's colour range, I am very fair, but even shade 51 (the lightest shade) was too dark for me. Not a great range of colours and tones but that's just me being pale! But overall a good product.