November 23, 2014 | 1011 users online

Foundations - Lucy Minerals Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by greenleaftree

I have been using this product for 2 months and wow I am so impressed by it!
First of all let me state that my skin type is very oily...as in by noon time my face has a thick layer of oil. Second of all I get cystic acne every one in a while (especially during that time of the month) and have sensitive skin to top it all off.
So now that I have stated the fragile condition of my skin let me tell you how much this product has helped my skin. I purchased the Oil Control Foundation in Light Medium with Calcium Carbonate. Unlike silicone based oil control foundations, Calcium Carbonate keeps my face matte all day while not clogging my pores. I am so happy that this stuff actually stays on my face all day, since my oily skin usually makes EVERYTHING melt off in a couple of hours. Not only that, I admit I have fallen asleep with this foundation on many times and I have never gotten any acne breakout from this!
I have medium light beige skin with yellow undertones. Even though I only chose 2 samples, I found my perfect match with Light Medium, which shows how accurate their swatches are.
A few notes about this foundation is that it can emphasize flaky skin (as all mineral foundations do) so I need to make sure to moisturize and exfoliate. A little goes a long way so I have to be careful not to look cakey. I think it is a bit easy to cake because it is so creamy, even though it is a powder. I see this as a good thing because it I means I can use less (I am only half way through my samples in 2 months). The coverage can be medium to heavy, depending how much I put on. However, since I have dark purple acne spots, I still have to use concealer. Also, I agree with the other review how it mostly needs to be patted on since its so creamy. It is easy to remove even though it is creamy.
All in all, this is the best foundation I have ever used and I plan to repurchase it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by goldenbrown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My boyfriend said today, when I was wearing this foundation; " your skin smells amazing! And it's lovely and glowly! What are you wearing?" and I told it was this, so he replied; "wow use this! Normal foundation is grotesque! It makes you look like an orange cake! I would rather see a spotty, greasy face than a face caked in shit!"

And believe me I only ever use high end stuff - and he's seen me with many different types of makeup - and trust me - it's not even orange orange! But everything does tend to look cakey - flakes, plastered - as I need full cover!

But this clears my skin up - you have to make sure you apply a little! Otherwise it looks an odd colour! It lasts a fair amount of time - 5 or 6 hours - imgetti g some sealer spray to help it last.

It has really cleared up my skin - I have or had moderate acne and now spots that lasted a week with good skin care - now last a couple of days with no skin care routine!

I love how instead of my other chemical laden makeup - it's anti ageing and clears up my acne rather than creating it! I may be imagining but even my scars are decreasing! It's awesome! I'm now out to find some good mineral concealer for extra coverage!

Ugh.. don't like this anymore. It does not last - the pink based colour is too pink based - it dries up in patches on my skin :( but it has sparked a love for minerals...sort of...after I try Nars Sheer Glow :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Mariage010908

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's perfect for me. The only thing is i've had to learn how to apply, when you know it's very easy and it's perfect. The best natural foundation. Many thanks to Lucy Minerals :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by AnOmali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been sampling several lines of MMU foundations to replace my now defunct HG - Earthen Glow Minerals and I fell in love with Buff'd Cosmetics MMU and also REALLY like this foundation in both original and silk formulas the most out of all 30+ lines I have tried in the last several years and just in the last month.

However, they need to expand their color range and if they can mix me up something I can wear with minimal self mixing, this will become a go to brand.

I am a true golden tan with VERY yellow, but also warm and peach undertones - I am not light or dark and always fall into an in between shade that virtually no one wants to create...never easy to match - but their colors with my undertones jump from light to dark with nothing in between for me... Caramel is too dark and red in undertone and Golden Medium is almost exactly right in color and undertone, but not in depth (it's too light). All of the colors between the two are olive or neutral or red/warm - none of which will suit my golden/yellow/warm tan skin.

I LOVE that they are using different ingredients than anyone else and it goes on creamy and smooth and provides full coverage without looking heavy...and it feels REALLY good on and even appears a bit dewy which makes it look more natural (original formula). So, this IS good stuff... If I had a color match I would alternate between this line and Buff'd as my new standards! So here's to hoping (I wrote them about my dilemma and will update after they respond).

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by maggie12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Maybe mineral foundations just don't work with my skin, but this made my skin look SO cakey and made my pores look huge. I was so excited to try it and wanted it to work so badly. I will say the customer service is amazing and shipping is SUPER fast!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Honestly, I don't know who to thank first, Lucy Minerals, or the great MUA members whose reviews prompted me to try it. So... thanks to both!
It was always with wistful envy that I'd read reviews from those who'd found their "HG foundation," and I truly didn't believe I'd ever find one. HE, DS, liquid, creme, powder, I'd tried them all. Some were really excellent, but just didn't hit the HG mark for me. And then I tried Lucy Minerals, and it all changed.
I started with the $1.50 5g sample-sizes of foundation and a blush. I was blown away by the quality (and packaging!) of these products, and the way they wore, felt, and looked on my skin! Let me tell you, 5g jars are tiny, but these powders are so effective and pigmented, I've still plenty left to travel with or stow in a purse!
I ordered the original style foundation powder in Shell Beige, two full-size blushes, and the e/s in Sand Castle. These are absolutely fantastic. My skin is lined and dry, and I never believed a powder foundation could truly appear "creamy" and not accentuate these flaws, BUT Lucy Minerals do just that. My skin looks beautifully fresh and glowing (NO GLITTER!) with this foundation, and I could not be more pleased.
Packaging is wonderful, the prices more than reasonable. The owner, Annie, is a joy to deal with and her company sets the standard for excellence in responsive customer service.
If you've "tried 'em all," and are still looking--either from dissatisfaction or curiosity--order your samples from Lucy Minerals and find what you may be missing. I did, and actually found my own HG foundation!
I have just one question, now; why on earth isn't MUA on the ball with adding this brand to their product lines? ;)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by KittyKatBlonde

I didn't have any luck with this mineral make up. I got quite a few sample but couldn't get a good match for my skin tone. It is always the case with foundations for me. I found it didn't go on very smooth and it gave me a weird shiney look to my face. Plus it accentuated my lines and flaws.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by soozenc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had seen the excellent ratings for Lucy Minerals, but resisted purchasing at first because I was concerned in trying to select a foundation color based on a picture on the internet. I finally went to their website and discovered they had the "try it" sizes for $1.50. I figured I couldn't lose. My first order placed was for 5 different foundation "try it" sizes. Unfortunately there was a mishap with the postal service and my mailbox facility. I contacted the owner, and she was really nice and shipped out another order at no additional charge. I'm usually between a NC37-NC40 in MAC. Golden Medium was a pretty good match. But I went ahead and placed another order for some additional foundations shades and the finishing powder. The Calcium Carbonate and the Silica. My second order came without any problems :). Again I found a good match in Tan Olive. So I could use both the Golden Medium and Tan Olive. I'm really impressed with the coverage. I've used BE, Sheer Coverage and Jane Iredale in the past. But then I got away for MMU because I felt I needed better coverage for my acne-prone, acne-scarred skin. Lucy Minerals gives excellent coverage. I tend to have some redness and it totally covers it up. As far as the oil control finishing powders...well I really can't tell the difference between the two. I still have some samples left (plenty actually) of the two so when the time comes I'll order one. I have already placed another order for the full size of Tan Olive and some samples of their blushes, along with a navy blue eyeliner (the website said the navy blue liner makes brown eyes pop, I have dark brown eyes so I'm hoping it'll work). I really do like the foundation very much. Oh and I really like that it didn't turn oxidize on my skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by boogs77

HG!!!!SIMPLE AS THAT

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by mricci

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this foundation.I like it most for its wide range and variety of shades, especially the Olives. Medium Olive is a perfect match for me, so I will definetly buy again.