Lucy Minerals Foundation

4.2

zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, magnesium stearate, iron oxides, allantoin, Apple Poly polyphenols, resveratrol, green coffee bean extract, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate

on 1/27/2011 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I want to start out saying that this is my HG mmu!!!! I love it! The color is spot on. I am 50% white and 50% pale olive. She mixed it for me and it is wonderful. It lasts, it covers and has not caused one breakout or clog! I will continue to buy this forever! The price is right, there are so many different formulas to choose from, the samples are awesome and last a pretty long time the shipping is fast and she will mix what ever your colors are if you can't find a perfect match.

on 1/26/2011 9:53:00 PM

I've been trying samples, and the first time I tried it, I thought it was bloody amazing (minus the packaging; they were sent in little bags which ended up all over the tissue paper wrapping). After a couple times, I realized neither silica nor calcium carbonate formulas controlled oil, and the pores of my nose were emphasized. It actually looks like black dots on my nose so... I think a primer will fix the job. Nonetheless, the rest of my face looked great and more natural than using liquid foundation. I'm using Creamy Bisque in Calcium Carbonate, but will try more of the normal formula (silica formula doesn't control oil and it emphasizes pores more than the calcium carbonate formula.)

For reference:
NC20-25, #564 in Shu Uemura, #102 in IPSA, #2 in ELDWL

on 1/23/2011 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I got several samples based on the reviews here. This is just average for me. I've tried several brushes to see if that was the culprit,but it's the formula. It accentuates my pores and have had little oil control. I got samples of both types of oil control formulas and one works better than the other, but not by much. I had really high hopes for this. I hope to have an update as I haven't given up on this just yet.

on 1/23/2011 1:14:00 PM

best make up ever

on 1/11/2011 5:50:00 PM

I am very disappointed in this product. I've used several other of the popular mineral makeups and although coverage is typically good, all have been drying and powdery. That said, my expectations, based on other reviews, were that Lucy would be a fabulous alternative. Unfortunately, it is not and in fact, I see no difference from the others. Although a bit pricey - $40 - I will stick to Makeup Forever, High Definition Foundation.

on 1/10/2011 8:22:00 AM

I can't recommend this foundation highly enough. In the past I've bought the lot - chanel, lancome, armani, l'oreal, max factor etc. etc. High end, low end and all in the middle. But my search for my HG foundation continued. After reading reviews on MUA, I sent off for samples. I use Shell Beige with the finishing powder. It's fabulous stuff. I have bad skin and would always be on the lookout for something to give me that flawless look. It takes about two minutes to apply in the morning, and I don't have to touch up during the day. Everyone has commented on how nice my skin looks. It's even made my skin much nicer - less red, more even tone. A warning, however - when you load up your brush with powder, give it a few blows to get rid of the excess. The only way you can go wrong with LM is if you apply too much. Regarding shipping, I live in London, UK. I paid for the express delivery and it arrived after eight days. I've now thrown out the hundreds of bottles of liquid and cream foundation that I'd bought over the years. Buy this foundation. You will not regret it.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have been using this product for 2 months and wow I am so impressed by it!
First of all let me state that my skin type is very oily...as in by noon time my face has a thick layer of oil. Second of all I get cystic acne every one in a while (especially during that time of the month) and have sensitive skin to top it all off.
So now that I have stated the fragile condition of my skin let me tell you how much this product has helped my skin. I purchased the Oil Control Foundation in Light Medium with Calcium Carbonate. Unlike silicone based oil control foundations, Calcium Carbonate keeps my face matte all day while not clogging my pores. I am so happy that this stuff actually stays on my face all day, since my oily skin usually makes EVERYTHING melt off in a couple of hours. Not only that, I admit I have fallen asleep with this foundation on many times and I have never gotten any acne breakout from this!
I have medium light beige skin with yellow undertones. Even though I only chose 2 samples, I found my perfect match with Light Medium, which shows how accurate their swatches are.
A few notes about this foundation is that it can emphasize flaky skin (as all mineral foundations do) so I need to make sure to moisturize and exfoliate. A little goes a long way so I have to be careful not to look cakey. I think it is a bit easy to cake because it is so creamy, even though it is a powder. I see this as a good thing because it I means I can use less (I am only half way through my samples in 2 months). The coverage can be medium to heavy, depending how much I put on. However, since I have dark purple acne spots, I still have to use concealer. Also, I agree with the other review how it mostly needs to be patted on since its so creamy. It is easy to remove even though it is creamy.
All in all, this is the best foundation I have ever used and I plan to repurchase it.

on 1/3/2011 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

My boyfriend said today, when I was wearing this foundation; " your skin smells amazing! And it's lovely and glowly! What are you wearing?" and I told it was this, so he replied; "wow use this! Normal foundation is grotesque! It makes you look like an orange cake! I would rather see a spotty, greasy face than a face caked in shit!"

And believe me I only ever use high end stuff - and he's seen me with many different types of makeup - and trust me - it's not even orange orange! But everything does tend to look cakey - flakes, plastered - as I need full cover!

But this clears my skin up - you have to make sure you apply a little! Otherwise it looks an odd colour! It lasts a fair amount of time - 5 or 6 hours - imgetti g some sealer spray to help it last.

It has really cleared up my skin - I have or had moderate acne and now spots that lasted a week with good skin care - now last a couple of days with no skin care routine!

I love how instead of my other chemical laden makeup - it's anti ageing and clears up my acne rather than creating it! I may be imagining but even my scars are decreasing! It's awesome! I'm now out to find some good mineral concealer for extra coverage!

Ugh.. don't like this anymore. It does not last - the pink based colour is too pink based - it dries up in patches on my skin :( but it has sparked a love for minerals...sort of...after I try Nars Sheer Glow :)

It's perfect for me. The only thing is i've had to learn how to apply, when you know it's very easy and it's perfect. The best natural foundation. Many thanks to Lucy Minerals :)

on 1/3/2011 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I have been sampling several lines of MMU foundations to replace my now defunct HG - Earthen Glow Minerals and I fell in love with Buff'd Cosmetics MMU and also REALLY like this foundation in both original and silk formulas the most out of all 30+ lines I have tried in the last several years and just in the last month.

However, they need to expand their color range and if they can mix me up something I can wear with minimal self mixing, this will become a go to brand.

I am a true golden tan with VERY yellow, but also warm and peach undertones - I am not light or dark and always fall into an in between shade that virtually no one wants to create...never easy to match - but their colors with my undertones jump from light to dark with nothing in between for me... Caramel is too dark and red in undertone and Golden Medium is almost exactly right in color and undertone, but not in depth (it's too light). All of the colors between the two are olive or neutral or red/warm - none of which will suit my golden/yellow/warm tan skin.

I LOVE that they are using different ingredients than anyone else and it goes on creamy and smooth and provides full coverage without looking heavy...and it feels REALLY good on and even appears a bit dewy which makes it look more natural (original formula). So, this IS good stuff... If I had a color match I would alternate between this line and Buff'd as my new standards! So here's to hoping (I wrote them about my dilemma and will update after they respond).