August 2, 2014 | 1218 users online

Foundations - Lucy Minerals Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Mariage010908

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's perfect for me. The only thing is i've had to learn how to apply, when you know it's very easy and it's perfect. The best natural foundation. Many thanks to Lucy Minerals :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Tamira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been sampling several lines of MMU foundations to replace my now defunct HG - Earthen Glow Minerals and I fell in love with Buff'd Cosmetics MMU and also REALLY like this foundation in both original and silk formulas the most out of all 30+ lines I have tried in the last several years and just in the last month.

However, they need to expand their color range and if they can mix me up something I can wear with minimal self mixing, this will become a go to brand.

I am a true golden tan with VERY yellow, but also warm and peach undertones - I am not light or dark and always fall into an in between shade that virtually no one wants to create...never easy to match - but their colors with my undertones jump from light to dark with nothing in between for me... Caramel is too dark and red in undertone and Golden Medium is almost exactly right in color and undertone, but not in depth (it's too light). All of the colors between the two are olive or neutral or red/warm - none of which will suit my golden/yellow/warm tan skin.

I LOVE that they are using different ingredients than anyone else and it goes on creamy and smooth and provides full coverage without looking heavy...and it feels REALLY good on and even appears a bit dewy which makes it look more natural (original formula). So, this IS good stuff... If I had a color match I would alternate between this line and Buff'd as my new standards! So here's to hoping (I wrote them about my dilemma and will update after they respond).

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by maggie12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Maybe mineral foundations just don't work with my skin, but this made my skin look SO cakey and made my pores look huge. I was so excited to try it and wanted it to work so badly. I will say the customer service is amazing and shipping is SUPER fast!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Honestly, I don't know who to thank first, Lucy Minerals, or the great MUA members whose reviews prompted me to try it. So... thanks to both!
It was always with wistful envy that I'd read reviews from those who'd found their "HG foundation," and I truly didn't believe I'd ever find one. HE, DS, liquid, creme, powder, I'd tried them all. Some were really excellent, but just didn't hit the HG mark for me. And then I tried Lucy Minerals, and it all changed.
I started with the $1.50 5g sample-sizes of foundation and a blush. I was blown away by the quality (and packaging!) of these products, and the way they wore, felt, and looked on my skin! Let me tell you, 5g jars are tiny, but these powders are so effective and pigmented, I've still plenty left to travel with or stow in a purse!
I ordered the original style foundation powder in Shell Beige, two full-size blushes, and the e/s in Sand Castle. These are absolutely fantastic. My skin is lined and dry, and I never believed a powder foundation could truly appear "creamy" and not accentuate these flaws, BUT Lucy Minerals do just that. My skin looks beautifully fresh and glowing (NO GLITTER!) with this foundation, and I could not be more pleased.
Packaging is wonderful, the prices more than reasonable. The owner, Annie, is a joy to deal with and her company sets the standard for excellence in responsive customer service.
If you've "tried 'em all," and are still looking--either from dissatisfaction or curiosity--order your samples from Lucy Minerals and find what you may be missing. I did, and actually found my own HG foundation!
I have just one question, now; why on earth isn't MUA on the ball with adding this brand to their product lines? ;)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by KittyKatBlonde

I didn't have any luck with this mineral make up. I got quite a few sample but couldn't get a good match for my skin tone. It is always the case with foundations for me. I found it didn't go on very smooth and it gave me a weird shiney look to my face. Plus it accentuated my lines and flaws.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by soozenc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had seen the excellent ratings for Lucy Minerals, but resisted purchasing at first because I was concerned in trying to select a foundation color based on a picture on the internet. I finally went to their website and discovered they had the "try it" sizes for $1.50. I figured I couldn't lose. My first order placed was for 5 different foundation "try it" sizes. Unfortunately there was a mishap with the postal service and my mailbox facility. I contacted the owner, and she was really nice and shipped out another order at no additional charge. I'm usually between a NC37-NC40 in MAC. Golden Medium was a pretty good match. But I went ahead and placed another order for some additional foundations shades and the finishing powder. The Calcium Carbonate and the Silica. My second order came without any problems :). Again I found a good match in Tan Olive. So I could use both the Golden Medium and Tan Olive. I'm really impressed with the coverage. I've used BE, Sheer Coverage and Jane Iredale in the past. But then I got away for MMU because I felt I needed better coverage for my acne-prone, acne-scarred skin. Lucy Minerals gives excellent coverage. I tend to have some redness and it totally covers it up. As far as the oil control finishing powders...well I really can't tell the difference between the two. I still have some samples left (plenty actually) of the two so when the time comes I'll order one. I have already placed another order for the full size of Tan Olive and some samples of their blushes, along with a navy blue eyeliner (the website said the navy blue liner makes brown eyes pop, I have dark brown eyes so I'm hoping it'll work). I really do like the foundation very much. Oh and I really like that it didn't turn oxidize on my skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by boogs77

HG!!!!SIMPLE AS THAT

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by mricci

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this foundation.I like it most for its wide range and variety of shades, especially the Olives. Medium Olive is a perfect match for me, so I will definetly buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by kanka999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*EDIT* I don't know what happend to this...I loved it at first but find myself reaching for it less and less. Lately it hasn't looked so good on me...though maybe my skin was in better shape back in December. My skin is tempermental and I know foundation performance really comes down to how my skin is doing at the time. I brought this down a couple of lippies because it just looks bad on me recently. Very bummed about this. :(

So far I've tried samples and am getting ready to purchase my full size. I first ordered all formulas (Original, Lucy Light, Oil-Control-Calcium Carbonate and Oil-Control-Silica in the color "light". I then reordered a couple samples in "bisque" and I think this is actually perfect for my NC20 skin. After trying all formulas, I think my favorite is the original formula with the oil-control w/ silica a close 2nd. The coverage is great but feels like nothing and looks beautiful! Plus it lasts ALL Day for me which is a total first. I do think I prefer the dewier look of the original formula so am planning on ordering that with maybe going into the Oil-Control/Silica for summer. I'm also going to order the finishing powder. At any rate, I've now tried a slurry of mineral foudations and this is by far my favorite...not to mention a great price. As I'm getting older, powder foundations tend not to look so hot but this just looks like i have beautiful skin (and I have far from it). I would highly recommend this. Samples and shipping are so reasonable and customer service is wonderful as well. Oh, I also ordered a sample of the Multi-Tasking Ambrosia Serum and am loving this as well. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by megadrone

This is the best foundation I have ever used. Samples are generous and colors are so nice. I got fair, light, cream, bisque and all of them work except cream- too pale and yellow. I agree with the other girls. This makeup makes my skin flawless and glowing. Try it , only $1.50/ sample.