BeneFit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray

2.9

WATER (AQUA), ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, TALC, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, MICA, TRIBEHENIN, PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), SORBITAN OLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), METHICONE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE. N° 04940/N

on 1/4/2012 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I received a sample of Stay Don't Stray and decided to give it a test run in place of Urban Decay Primer Potion, which is the primer I use on a day to day basis. Upon application I found it to feel almost sticky. I didn't have any problems applying eye shadow over it, but I did notice that unlike most primers, it did not enhance the color of my shadow. In fact, it muted the color and altered it so much that it looked like an entirely different shade! The staying power was also dismal, as my eyeshadow creased around four hours later (with UDPP most shadows last at least 8 hours, if not longer). I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt, however, and tested it with another eyeshadow (by a different brand) the next day. However, once again it altered the color of the shadow on my lid and the shadow creased only a few hours later. I would skip this one!

on 1/3/2012 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I can't believe there's so many negative reviews! I got this in a sample at ulta and fell in love. Ive used urban decay primer potion for years and this is my favorite find so far. The color is perfect on my skin and I actually suit as a concealer on its own sometimes. The price is steep but that what you come to expect with benefit. Don't go in for benefit expected drugstore prices. I'm not a big benefit fan and most products are hit and miss but I'm really impressed by this stuff

on 12/5/2011 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Didn't work for me. It concealed fairly well but utterly failed to keep my eyeliner from transferring. I applied this at 8:30 in the morning and, when I checked around noon, I was dismayed to see panda eyes dolefully staring back in the mirror. At this price -- $30 Canadian -- this product should perform, even on my oily eyelids. Back it goes.

on 12/1/2011 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

way too expensive, and does not compare at all to shadow insurance or primer potion. i do like the colour of it, though... but i can get the same colour in primer potion eden. not a horrible product, but not a great one either. just so so.

on 11/21/2011 4:44:00 PM

I made a video on youtube regarding this product in case someone is interested:

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I really tried using this product, I really did. I tried dotting above my eyes. I tried using wet, dry, creamstick, eyeliner, and other kinds of eyeshadow/product on top of it. Without fail, my eyeshadow would be creased within 4 hour hours, and my eyes would be burning by the end of the night. It did make my eyeshadow colors stand out and look more bright, but as far as having them stay on my eyes, it did not work. Also, I tried using it as a primer for under eyes or as it's own concealer, as a youtube video suggested. I would not attempt this as there's not enough coverage and if your eyes water or are sensitive like mine, it will be painful.

on 11/3/2011 12:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is one of the best eyeshadow primers I have used - it is a soft biscuity-colour base that smooths evenly over the lid. It intensifies my eye shadows holds them in place all day, reducing creases and little bits falling onto my cheek. It also helps my eyeliner to stay put, so fewer cases of the dreaded "panda eyes"!

On the down side, I did not have much luck using this as a base for concealer under my eyes - I found it way too heavy, and it made the concealer look packed on under my eyes. I tried using different quantities of the primer - from a big gloop to a tiny dot - but didn't have any successs. Just keeping this for my lids.

My other problem is the pump which, if you press on it fully, dispenses way too much product. I have mastered the art of featherlight touch when I use this, and barely depress the pump to get a pea-sized amount on my finger - enough for both of my eyelids.

You can't just trowel this on your eyelids and expect it to work magic, you have to blend it gently, particularly at the corners of the eye, or there could be a little creasing and thickness there, but this is very little work for a good payoff.

Will repurchase

There is lots product, so it is good value for money.

on 11/1/2011 11:10:00 PM

I reeeeally love this product! It made my eye shadow stand out alot more than any other eye shadow primer i've used! My shadow lasted a long time and didn't crease! Definitely recommend!

on 10/30/2011 11:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Best lid primer I have EVER used, and I feel like i've used practically all of them. Everytime I opt for SDS, which I use as a 360 primer (so under my eyes too) i get told I look fresh and wide-eyed. Shadow does not crease, and it has a great consistency that is not oily. I also use this on red pimples as a primer and i love how it neutralizes them. I will continue to buy this.. I just wish this was a squeeze tube, it is hard to judge how much is left. But I love it either way. If you love UDPP eden, switch to this. :)

on 10/28/2011 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Best Primer Ever. Doesn't crease or go greasy. Tried the Mac Eye Primer and regretted it. I will never stray from Benefit Primer.

Video Reviews & Tutorials