November 22, 2014 | 1750 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by bluemymind99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

BeneFit was overreaching when they marketed Stay Don't Stray as a 2-in-1 product, which is too bad because it's a fantastic primer. As a concealer, however, it is a disaster. It's too liquid to stay put or build up to average coverage, and the color is far too light, even for my NC15 skin. I suspect that the packaging is also dragging SDS's rating down. And yes, it is every bit as bad as its reputation would suggest. Dispensing a reasonable amount of product is a Herculean task, so every time you use this, you have to throw away much of what you've dispensed, not good considering the comically high price tag.

In spite of these sins, I would purchase this product again because it is far and away my favorite eyeshadow primer of all those I've tried (NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, MAC paint pots, UDPP, and Too Faced Shadow Insurance). What's unique about SDS is that it provides a good base for eyeshadow and still allows me to blend powder shadows on my lid. The other primers were too "grabby." SDS's color also happens to be a perfect match for me, so it conceals any discolorations on my lid and brow, creating a perfect canvas for eye makeup. Those with medium or dark skin will probably find the color too light.

I apply a thin layer of SDS to my lids and brow with my ring finger, alternating dabbing and blending. Then I let it sit while I apply foundation and concealer. The sitting is key because this product will crease when it is drying. When it does dry and crease, I just smooth it out, and then I can rely on a crease-free foundation for the rest of the day!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by iuhooch625

I found this to be a decent primer. I like how opaque it made my eyelids after applying, it really leaves a bit more of an ivory color to the lid than other primers I have tried. I think performance wise this was good, but not great. My eyeshadow lasts for probably 6 or 7 hours before creasing. I'll stick with UDPP because it keeps creasing away for much longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Stinaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this is the kit from Benefit for $10. This is my favorite item of the three. I don't even use the cream eyeshadow b/c my lids are so oily. But this helps keep my powder eyeshadows in place for the day

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by afinem3ss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got a sample of this after I purchased a concealer from Benefit. Saw it lying around one day so I picked it up and decided to use it but after two uses, I discarded it. Don't even bother. It's not worth it. Your shadows will just end up in your crease.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by LandersPistol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I rarely throw products away. This one hit my trashcan after one use.

I thought I would give it a try because I had a free sample of it laying around. I put it on around 11am and just did a simple all over color on my lid. My lids still looked pretty good at 3pm, so I thought all the horrible things I had heard about it must not be true. I was wrong. When 6pm rolled around all I had was one big crease line on both lids. Very unattractive. I'll stick with my UDPP or Chanel base which have yet to crease on me even after a full day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by JennyBean13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this. I usually put concealer on my nose due to my stubborn blackheads and it slides off within a couple of hours. With this it stays put :) It good on the eyes too, although I mostly bought it for the concealer.
However the pump is a bit awkward as it catches and you end up pumping out more than you need.
If I have money to spare when I run out, I'd buy it again, but it wouldn't be a must - have.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Got a mini of this in a swap, so I can't comment about the packaging as the full size version looks much different. However, the product itself does nothing for me. I didn't care for it at all. I much prefer my TooFaced Shadow Insurance. (HG) Glad I got the sample of this so I didn't buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by shugiena

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The key to getting this primer to work without making your eyes look too dry is to use a great moisturizer under it. If you moisturize well before applying this then it will go on smoothly and conceal darkness pretty well(especially if you put concealer over it). Towards the end of the day, it will wear off and the darkness with show a little. Since this product isn't too expensive and works for a reasonable amount of time, I would repurchase it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by kris1818

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Crease city! I had a sample of this laying around so wanted to give it a try. I don't normally need primer because I have dry skin and shadows dont normally crease on me. I do use UDPP if I'm doing more then just a simple look and need it to last longer then an 9 hour day. This stuff made made my eyeshadow crease like crazy and by the time I got home from work all I had left was the crease showing. I would have gotten way better results if I hadn't used this primer at all. Just awful..

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by swirlyloon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have mix feelings about this.
At first, when I saw benefit launch out their new product that can make your eyeshadows and concealers last longer it immediately hooked me, especially when it can make your concealers last all day.
so yep I did buy it, $26 dollars!
I have to say it did make my concealer last all day ( i'm not too sure about eyeshadow, I don't use eyeshadow)
But just remember to use a eye gel or eye cream ( I use eye gel )
the bad thing is that the pump dispenses a LOT of product!! what I do is that I shake the bottle, then lightly pump a tiny amount.
and when you get to the end, you can't get anything out but watery stuff I pumped it to the sink haha and then it looked like I threw up! the color and water was ewwww.
but yep, I finished the whole bottle, and because my family saw that I was using this everyday, my mom and my older sister actually brought it too. but they all hated it.
Now I'm using theirs.
but if your thinking about buying this..
it's good for concealers if you have NORMAL skin.
but dry, I suggest you to stay out of it