September 19, 2014 | 1774 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by eliciahs

This is by far, one of my favorite mascaras! It thickens and lengthens my eyelashes to create that dramatic look and makes me look like i'm wearing falsies when i'm not. Definitely worth the money to try the extase mascara. I think it works better than the channel mascara but Anna Sui's mascara is probably comparable with the Dior mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by LemonSherbet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Just bought this yesterday! I ran out of my favorite mascara, Benefits BADgal lash and decided I would give this a try. I have very short, straight lashes so had high hopes when I bought this. I love it!! It instantly lengthens and thickens my lashes, making my eyes pop! It doesnt separate my lashes as well as BADgal but it does thicken and darken them alot better :) The packaging is gorgeous too! Its more pricey than others but in my opinion worth it !

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 6:04:00 AM More reviews by MrDior

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Beautiful Mascara, does not clamp the lashes at all ,very quick and easy to apply with amaising colour from the black pearl pigment, nice slick long volumised and curled lash......wow!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by rediska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A good everyday mascara which goes on well without clumps, and separates the lashes, gives them a bit of length.
I also found it wears well and there aren't smudges. It doesn't do anything amazing to my lashes and I find that I will need to coat them a few times, but it's a reliable everyday/work choice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by lillylou2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really thought this was going to be the "End all Be All" of mascaras...I was sadly let down :-(

I have pretty good lashes to begin with & this did nothing for them.... it actually made them appear somewhat "stumpy" & shorter than they are. Maybe it's beacuse of the formula being too liquid I douno, but it makes me sad.

~EDIT~ Okay so I was so super wrong about this mascara if you take the time to work with it just a bit...it's like wow! Insta false lashes in a tube!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by patricia_k

I do like this one, though not as good as the original but better then Iconic. It does build up volume and length in just one coat which is great ( as my lashes naturally are almost non - existant) and with two coats its like having fake eyelashes on which I love. However, I'm taking one lippy off for the fact that it does clump a bit so you end up looking like you have less eyelashes but nothing that an eyelash comb can't fix...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this on at Sephora- I'm not sure if it's fiber-based because it's very similar to MAC Fiber Rich. What I didn't like about it was you need quite a few coats for volume, and although you do get very good separation, lengthening and darkening, it did smudge on me within about 4 hours. Being so similar to much lower priced brands that do the job better, this one doesn't really justify a purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by julijalv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love that mascara! Very, very lenghtening and gives great volume! What suprises me that lashes are soft, not like after using other mascaras. The best of Dior mascaras. Thank you, Dior!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by jalyne8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best mascara ever! Two coats and you are done. Leaves you with long, thick lashes. This product is sort of wetter than most mascaras which means more on the applicator and more deposit on your lashes.I love it. This is a dramatic mascara .The $28 price tag is worth it and it makes you look like you have fake lashes! - by the way better than any drugstore mascara and better than ysl.---yes I have tried them all.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by ailes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My current favourite mascara! Mascara used to be my absolute essential makeup product but recently I've gone straight for falsies or just not bothered at all. Then I got a sample of this and loved it so much I bought the full size :)

PROS
The *best* part is that it holds a curl so well - I have the very slightest droop at the end of a 17 hr shift!
Volumises without clumping and defines lashes without making them look sparser.
Also lengthens pretty well for a volumising mascara and no stupid annoying fibres

CONS
Smudges! I do have very oily eyelids + use an oily sunscreen around my eyes (haven't tried the mascara without the sunscreen yet) and most mascaras smudge on me. This is lessened somewhat with Clarins Double Fix.

For reference: the whole typical short, Asian eyelashes. I use (Kanebo) Kate mascara primer and haven't tried the Extase on its own. I have used the original DiorShow, Unlimited and Iconic and thought they were all good but not great. My favourite mascaras have been MF Masterpiece Max and ModelCo Fiberlash but just the mascara (didn't bother with the fibre part). I have also liked GA Maestro and Eyes To Kill except they smudged really badly on me. continued >>